Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011 edited

Hi!

This is my first coaster on this site, an Intamin Inverted Accelerator. It's a pretty special ride - Backwards launch, an Immelman-Plus element (own name)(element was first seen on A113's Surge), helix and... everything backwards again!

Stats:
    - Max G-force: 4.6 G
    - Min G-force: -0.6 G
    - Max lateral G-force: 0.8 G
    - Height: 41 Meter
    - Length: 254 Meter
    - Speed: 85 Km/h

This ride is designed with Newton 2, current stage of the project is supporting. Right now there are still some unsupported parts (helix) and the flanges aren't added yet. There are also some loose footers on the ground.

Pictures:
    Photobucket
    Overview

Photobucket
    Immelman-Plus

Photobucket
    Backwards view on the Immelman-Plus

Photobucket
    Helix

Photobucket
    Again the Helix

Photobucket
    Looking up the Tower

Photobucket
    Looking down the Tower

Please tell me what you think, and name & theme suggestions are welcome!

Comment!
    •  
      CommentAuthorliddy97
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011

That looks pretty impressive! It's quite creative. Are the supports done, cause it looks a little undersupported.
    So... what happens with the immelman, you turn right, then immediately roll left? Its hard to make out but if that is the case why not make it one fluent transition?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Posted By: liddy97That looks pretty impressive! It's quite creative. Are the supports done, cause it looks a little undersupported.

Yet the supports on the helix aren't done yet. All other supports are done.

Posted By: The_ArchitectSo... what happens with the immelman, you turn right, then immediately roll left? Its hard to make out but if that is the case why not make it one fluent transition?

I didn't make one fluent transition because this is more surprising. Since you don't have many speed at the top, it runs smoothly through the element.
    •  
      CommentAuthorliddy97

^Okay, and for names what about "Charger" or something like that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Posted By: liddy97^Okay, and for names what about "Charger" or something like that?

Sounds cool, but what kind of theme can I add with that name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorliddy97

I don't know, something to do with electricity? And if you want me to make a logo for you I would be more than happy to!
    • CommentAuthorwardaide

I'm sorry but the FOV you're using for those screenshots and the fish bowl effect make the ride look awful shaping wise can you change the field of view to be more.....normal? Then I might be able to say something a little more constructive.
    I say no to Charge, it sounds kind of electrical-ish like. And I say that because the immelman element is just a mirror image of the one on A113's Surge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2011

I like charge, especially since the rolls like like you could theme it like plasma fbolts from a tesla coil
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

Woah! I never knew you could build NL coasters this good! Or that you built them at all.... That is amazing! I really like it's style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Posted By: liddy97I don't know, something to do with electricity? And if you want me to make a logo for you I would be more than happy to!

Maybe! I'll think about the name. If this is the final name I'll ask you for a logo!

Posted By: wardaideI'm sorry but the FOV you're using for those screenshots and the fish bowl effect make the ride look awful shaping wise can you change the field of view to be more.....normal? Then I might be able to say something a little more constructive.

I'll try to do it better next time! (BTW, what is the fish bowl effect?)

Posted By: A.S.CoastersI say no to Charge, it sounds kind of electrical-ish like. And I say that because the immelman element is just a mirror image of the one on A113's Surge.

I'll see about the name. You're right, the inspiration for that element is Surge. Still mine is designed different, the downward hearthline-roll is designed aside of the other tracks. I overhearthlined that part, so it gives you negative G's. May sound painful, but in the simulator it runs smoothly. Still I'm sorry, I should have put in Surge's name in the first post. (gonna edit that soon)

Posted By: skyasaurusI like charge, especially since the rolls like like you could theme it like plasma fbolts from a tesla coil

Thanks! I'll see about the name!

Posted By: knexrule11Woah! I never knew you could build NL coasters this good! Or that you built them at all.... That is amazing! I really like it's style.

LOL... I never knew you were on this site! Thanks!

Next update is OR today, OR over 2-3 weeks. (Going on holiday)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011 edited

I came up with a new name, Eruption. What name do you like better, Charger or Eruption?

Going to work on the supports right now, will post an update soon.
    I really like the name "Charge". Maybe you do too?
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2011

That's.... great
    •  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17

^ Look, you've got such a big fan; imitation is the highest form of flattery!
    ^^you don't like it A113? at least he is being original... some people on here arent... (not saying you)
    oh wait the immelmann.... forgot about surge...
    Herp derp A113 element copy/paste = original...
    ^^what did AJ just say? and yeah I wasnt paying close attention... I think he might have done what I think AJ said but I'm not sure I cant understand the begining...
    • CommentAuthorA113

Posted By: RNB

This is my first coaster on this site, an Intamin Inverted Accelerator. It's a pretty special ride - Backwards launch, an Immelman-Plus element (own name)(element was first seen on A113's Surge), helix and... everything backwards again!

Posted By: liddy97I don't know, something to do with electricity? And if you want me to make a logo for you I would be more than happy to!

Posted By: coasterpersonI really like the name "Charge". Maybe you do too?

-________-
    I'm sorry A113 I know how you must feel... (btw he edited the first one to say first seen on surge)

p.s. I was wondering if use the name Terra on a ride would bother you since you had the one ride called Thera...
    • CommentAuthorA113

^ Not necessarily since both words are unrelated
    why is it such a big thing just because a113 did something similar... what i do hate is that if he copied one of my elements or someone elses, nobody would care...
    • CommentAuthorA113

Posted By: Brett-Joneswhy is it such a big thing just because a113 did something similar... what i do hate is that if he copied one of my elements or someone elses, nobody would care...

You know, I never understood myself when/how I formed a fanbase
    I think after euphoria people started to really see you as a major voice and contributor in the community.
    ^ Yeah and now he's got a top 10 or even 5 coaster on this site. It's not so much of a fanbase, it's more of a great respect thing between newer builders and the obviously better builders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Oh, I forgot about the electricity name too.

Inverted Impulse with Surge element and similar theme. DERRRP
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

I like both names. Since there's so much commotion about me 'copying' A113's element, and his one has to do with electricity as well, I'll probably use eruption.

Posted By: A113That's.... great

Thanks! That means a lot from you!

Posted By: A113

This is my first coaster on this site, an Intamin Inverted Accelerator. It's a pretty special ride - Backwards launch, an Immelman-Plus element (own name)(element was first seen onA113's Surge), helix and... everything backwards again!

Posted By: liddy97I don't know, something to do withelectricity? And if you want me to make a logo for you I would be more than happy to!

-________-

Thanks for that comment. So, I probably wan't use Charge(r), and the theme electricity to make sure that I don't get comments that I copied your whole coaster.

I'm getting a bit tired of this. I told in the top post that it was A113's element, why do you make so much commotion about it?

For now, I think I'll use Eruption. If you think Charge(r) is better, or another name I'll like to hear that. Please stop talking about that element.

So, if anyone has name suggestions, tell me!
    i think eruption is too much of a "launch coaster" name rather than a boomerrang type coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLaunchTower

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi think eruption is too much of a "launch coaster" name rather than a boomerrang type coaster.

I agree, and is this ^ marked as a quote, or do you have to hit HTML or Markdown or something? I never really use quotes lol.

EDIT: nevermind I got it
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi think eruption is too much of a "launch coaster" name rather than a boomerrang type coaster.

True. Still this one is launched. It starts off with a backwards launch.

Any more opinions or suggestions?
    i guess if you wanted to get a 3D volcano to go around that backwards twist bit then it would work very well :P
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited

Did you use straight geometry for the first spike? The roll does not seem to have a fluid roll, judging by the lead out with the LSM after it
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited

Posted By: A113Did you use straight geometry for the first spike? The roll does not seem to have a fluid roll, judging by the lead out with the LSM after it

What do you mean? The vertical tower or the immelman-rollout? Vertical tower: straight. Immelman: Multi-zone-force, due to the turn at the end, I didn't had much space left. It is a fluid roll, my only concern about it is the backseat, which takes the roll pretty fast.

Update!

New coaster name!

Eruptor!

Support work finished, now busy with flanging. I firstly used auto-flanger, which made a huge mess. Right now I'm replacing the flanges, to realistic points. At this point the big half-loop support is done, as well the first support of the immelman-rollout.

Pictures:

Photobucket
    Finished supports!

Photobucket
    Ugly auto-flanger flanges...

Photobucket
    Self-made flanges

Photobucket
    Self-made flanges

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Some more pictures of the immelman-rollout

Comment!
    Well, this is a ride I'll have to download to really see how good it is. Both the roll and the spike look like they have sharp rotations. For both, I would have used a Bernstein (or an even more linear-like, super non-tensed timewarp) for the rolls so they are more constant and less snappy. I can't tell if you used Bernstein or something of the like or not, but it doesn't appear so.

Still looks like a cool ride though!
    Supports are Fantastic! Even I cant do these supports and be happy with them :P

well done!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011

Posted By: AJClarke0912Well, this is a ride I'll have to download to really see how good it is. Both the roll and the spike look like they have sharp rotations. For both, I would have used a Bernstein (or an even more linear-like, super non-tensed timewarp) for the rolls so they are more constant and less snappy. I can't tell if you used Bernstein or something of the like or not, but it doesn't appear so.

Still looks like a cool ride though!

It's custom. They rotate at the top faster then at the bottom, simply because the speed at the top is lower than at the bottom. I made a pretty non-tensed one, with a moved middle point.
    Alright, cool...that sounds much more promising than a simple Quintic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011

Posted By: Brett-JonesSupports are Fantastic! Even I cant do these supports and be happy with them :P

well done!

Thanks! I'm just not happy with the flanges now :P

Posted By: AJClarke0912Alright, cool...that sounds much more promising than a simple Quintic.

OK!

Some small troubles here... The coaster doesn't pass the emergency stops. When it's pressed during the first launch, the trains end up halfway the launch track. Also, when it's pressed during the backwards ride it doesn't stop in the station. (yes, it brakes on the bottom part of the half loop) The real brakes there are stronger then the emergency stop brakes. Anyone know how to solve this?
    I think its transport sections, they don't turn back on again. If you can use a brake segment instead?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011

Posted By: The_ArchitectI think its transport sections, they don't turn back on again. If you can use a brake segment instead?

Sadly, no. The problem with brake sections is that they can't pass a train a few times before braking. They just brake, and transport segments can start braking for example after 3 passes.
    Well then i'm sure if you put this as a big note at the start of your track description people will understand, its an NL fault as far as i'm concerned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011

^ Thanks!

Do you guys know a way how to prevent cars from stopping at the launch in an emergency stop? They should just roll towards the station, instead of stopping at the launch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJellybeans
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011

^ Use a brake section and uncheck the block segment box and hide the brakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011

I'm afraid I'll have to completely re-do the flanges. I just looked up Vulcano, the Blast coaster, and my flanges are placed unrealistic. Really, this is very boring work
    :-(.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011 edited

Sorry for the no updates, guys. I'm getting bored by all these flanges. Does someone know an easy way of doing them?

For the wait, I'll give you a POV of my coaster, in it's current state!
    Linky!

Please tell me if there's an easy way of flanging (not Auto Flanger...), and tell me what you think of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011

Small update:

The colors have been changed slightly. They're now less intense. I've been busy with school, so I didn't have much time to work on this.

Pictures!
    Photobucket
    New colors!

Photobucket
    Some added detail.

One more question: how long can a support beam be (so one part, without flanges in between?
    • CommentAuthorGavG

One more question: how long can a support beam be (so one part, without flanges in between?

Normally the length of a truck/wagon that would be transporting it from a factory to on site.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Posted By: GavG

Normally the length of a truck/wagon that would be transporting it from a factory to on site.

Thanks, but what is the length of a truck/wagon?