Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: BasiliskI 'd like to help with the outdoor track, I've got some 'efteling'-coaster experience since I made the track for baron 1898

Ik zou graag helpen met het outdoor gedeelte, en ik heb ook de track voor baron1898 gemaakt. Stuur gerust een fluisterbericht.
    (pov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDfrdLXFfxU)

Hallo, heel erg bedankt dat je mij wilt helpen, zou je mij een E-mail kunnen sturen dan kunnen we even overleggen. Ik heb trouwens wel heel jou project gevolgd van Baron 1898 en heeft inderdaad mooie resultaten opgeleverd!
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017

I downloaded an environment and the file is a .nl2pkg. I'm trying to use that environment for a coaster. How do I save the environment from that park and import it to my coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017 edited

Extract the package. When you go to add an env to a park, find the folder you extracted the env into and it should be there.

So extract the package

name the folder x (let's just call it env)

open desired park

add env

home>com.nolimitscoaster2>env

and then select the env file
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017 edited

^ when I try to click "save environment as..." and try to save it somewhere it says that I don't have permission.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017

What is the shortcut key for lash train to track? I want to use this feature for my old wooden skid brakes coasters. To manually operate them.
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017 edited

How to I create 3-dimensional grass? My current terrain only has a flat look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017

Go to the terrain tab, open the terrain layer editor, select the grass layer, go to the extras tab, it'll bring up the scenery menu, go to the trees & plants tab, then the auto plants, select the grass, and then save.
    • CommentAuthorI305

I'm also still stuck on how to properly import an environment if it's only a package file. It tells me that I don't have permission to save the environment from that park. :( It's a park file that I grabbed from the Environments thread.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ I305

U have to extract the package and save it in your NL2 Directory

Then u can copy the part u like into your own park directory.
    I did have a search for this sort of thing couldn't find a satisfactory answer:

Is there a way to import a csv spline into CAD software (ideally SketchUp) and retain the banking of the spline? And without having to tediously join all of the points up with pencil tool?

Basically what I want to do is create clearance checking objects for a dueling coaster along the whole length of the tracks. Light pattern creator has served me well up until now but unfortunately can only create rectangular objects. I would like to use the shape of the clearance envelopes themselves.
    • CommentAuthorI305

^^ What I'm confused on is how to extract the package. It might be a simple thing to do but I'm new to NoLimits 2 so I haven't learned yet.
    open the file in the editor, go to the ''file'' tab (top left corner), press ''extract package''
    • CommentAuthorI305

thanks ^
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ I305

Did u got it "extracted" ?
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017

^ All is good now yes thanks
    I'm creating a strata coaster, and in the simulator, a 120 mph launch will get the train up a ~450 spike (height of coaster - height at end of launch). Why does this happen (eg. Is there no drag in No Limits, is this a bug, or did I do something wrong)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Where is the end of your launch? Neither Top Thrill nor Kingda Ka's launches end at the pull up to the tower.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ To add to that, they actually have slight braking at the end of the launch
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Do they though? I know the catch car brakes at the end of the launch, but I always thought it was the just sheer force of air resistance that slows the train at the end of the launch.
    https://gyazo.com/ab9ccc88c4bc1bf3191f811976ce23f1

I believe I gave more than ample room for the catch car to slow down. I also believe that sheer air resistance would be what slows down the train, but I am not sure if NL2 takes air friction in account because it would not matter for the average coaster.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

I've felt the apparent slowdown on Kingda Ka and Storm Runner, maybe Dragster, too (wasn't paying attention to details like that). I think it could be the sudden lack of an acceleration that makes it feel like braking, but I've also though there might be brakes.

Running a test in FVD++, a launch at 128mph is going 45mph at Ka's maximum height of 456ft, and Ka doesn't launch at ground level.

NL2 does have an air resistance parameter, though it's accuracy at super-high speed probably was not a priority for the developers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

The best thing you can do to simulate air resistance in situations like that is a brake section with very very low deceleration on areas where appropriate.
    How does one go about making a custom Skybox? I'd like to come up with one, but don't know where to start.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2017

Anyone know why my lights are showing up SIGNIFICANTLY brighter in the sim than in the editor? Everything looks a bit dim in the editor, then when I go into the simulator the lights are blaring
    Is the update running at a significantly lower FPS for anyone else or is it just me?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Does anyone remember the seats of the dive coaster looking this ghetto and nasty? It is a knockoff dive machine with this neat break run.

•  
      CommentAuthorBattin

I have a question about video recording.
    Why are my video's recorded with a lag or shifting motion? It's like the recording is skipping frames.

Recording at 1920x1080p with a fps of 40 at it's lowest, but it's still looks like it's skipping frames.

Why is it doing that?
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Are you sure it's the video or could it be that the bit rate of the video is so high that your hard drive can't keep up? What format are you viewing in? What viewer? If the bit rate is larger than your hard drive can read, the video will pause/skip as you try to view it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

I have the video rendered at 1920/1080, format: mov. Viewing it in Quicktime at full resolution (windowed).
    There is no difference a fullscreen or windowed. Both are seen with "skipped" frames.

I have a newer rig, so I guess it's all good with the FPS.
    The sim runs a full speed, with little lag or FPS drops.

My rig is: http://i67.tinypic.com/1si9ec.png
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2017

All of your computer specs are pretty much irrelevant except HDD read rate if it's a HDD read rate issue. Although, to my knowledge, this is less frequently a problem with the .mov format but I have seen it. Quick question, does the frame skipping Occur at different places in the video when you play it multiple times? Also, if you play through the video twice back to back is it better the second time? If either of these are true it's likely an HDD read rate limitation.

Playing a video is not computationally demanding so having good FPS in something like NL2 shouldn't matter. And the NL2 video encoder should not be skipping frames at all irregardless of system specs.
    there isn't a shortkey for "Style/Type Seperator", or did i just missed it in the help file?
    I still have some buttons left on my tracking ball rig, that i like to map ^.^
    How do transitions work in Kyle's blender exporter?
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2017 edited

Is there any way to create beveled edges on custom box beams that have rotation between them. (For example: a track spine)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017

This is dealing with the annoying YouTube 15 minute video time limit. I need to increase it for a jet coaster pov video.

I cannot upload my jetcoaster pov video to youtube because of the 15 minute time limit.

I do not want to give my cell or my home phone number to youtube.

I need someone to upload this pov of my jet coaster to YouTube for me.

I can send the video MP4 file to you with dropbox.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2017

^Try Minds. The limit is 30mins and you'd be the first NL2 creator on there.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017

Which is the best generic boomerang coaster for NL2 that can be placed anywhere and rotated with have only one coaster and not importing other coasters for the catwalks and station?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

for Dev team :

I have Win XP, NL2 Pro Version 2.5.0.0 and D3D9 (not D11)

Is it possible i can't use 3d trees, as i see users have them since latest update to 2.5.0.0

Kind Regards,
    MrRC (Sjaak)
    • CommentAuthorI305

How do I make two different support colors on either side of a flange? Is this possible?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

you have to use a free node and slide a flange up right up onto the node from both sides, flanges automatically cut in half when they're that close, so putting one on both sides would split the flange in half with both colors^
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

Is there a way to paint the terrian without the MARKERS?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush

I've been having some trouble trying to upload something to the exchange. I keep getting an error message when I try to upload, I saw there was a problem recently
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

There probably out again.
    Better use the NL2 Workshop
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Posted By: BattinIs there a way to paint the terrian without the MARKERS?
    I don't think so. It's either markers or create a full custom terrain/landscape.

Question for anyone who can answer it.
    I'm going over to Italy later in the year, i've never been there before and was wondering if there's any good theme parks over there. Now, i'm not sure what part of Italy we'll be staying in yet, and i don't even know if we'll have any free time for something like that (it's a working vacation) So any information you give me may be pretty much useless. But i thought i'd ask anyway, just in case.

Thanks.
    ^ try Gardaland or Mirabilandia, they have some sick B&Ms
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTime7 days ago

^^Ai Pioppi?

oh wait, that's a TOGO suggestion
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Here are all the italian park I've been to, and those are the major and most interesting one I'd say:

Gardaland - Castelnuovo del Garda, Veneto, Italy
    It's considered as the italian Disney, even if the themeing is definitely not on par (some area are pretty nice, tho) but the thrill factor is way higher, thanks to a cool variety of coasters.

Movieland Park - Lazise Lago di Garda, Veneto, Italy
    Don't be fooled by the tiny amount of coaster here. It got rides that are so crazy to be found anywhere else! Who cares about safety standards anyway? A MUST DO. It's really close to Gardaland, like, 5km away.

Mirabilandia - Savio, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
    This park is basically Intamin vs. B&M. To my left, iSpeed, a wonderful Intamin blitz coaster ; and to my right, Katun, a massive B&M Invert.

Rainbow MagicLand - Valmontone, Lazio, Italy
    A theme park with a great variety of rides (dark-rides, water rides, coasters...). The best one being Shock, a launched Maurer X-car that is smooth and forceful (albeit short and ugly).

Cinecittà World - Rome, Lazio, Italy
    You might want to go there before it closes! We never know if this one will remain open for the next season... It got two rather unusual Intamin, one 10-inversion with lap-bars, and an indoor freefall family coaster. Otherwise it's pretty small.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Cool, thanks guys. Seems like Gardaland and Mirabilandia are the 2 main parks to visit.
    Movieland Park looks similar to a place we have over here, Warner Bros. Movie World, in the way that they have lots of movie related rides and things in the park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Does any-one know where to look if I want to animate a piece off video into Nolimits? A bit like the two video scenes in Terror Tracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime6 days ago

^^ DEFINITELY NOT. Sure they got a lot of movie related-things, but really, Movieland is just out of this world. Oh, and they got a first-gen Intamin freefall tower by the way!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTime6 days ago edited

^^^ If you are mainly going for coasters, Gardaland is probably the better choice. Movieland is more interesting because of the crazy but well executed theme park attraction ideas in general (I've much clearer memories of ML's attractions then GL's since they stand out from the standard). I also think the Ai Pioppi suggestion is probably worth checking if you're interested in things like that.

^^ NL2MAT Editorr -> Textures -> Texture Unit N -> 2D Animation