Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So this happens when I freeze this coaster now, it disappears a big square section of terrain (Ignore the bit at the bottom, that part is on purpose).
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017 edited

@olmisery 2.5.0.0
    Posted By: ride_opCoasterguy and Worni, you are showing the same issue, something we did not see in testing. PC specs please, including graphics card and drivers (which should be up to date of course).

-Ride_Op

Win 10
    Intel i7-4790k
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    16gig RAM

Was running NL2 on the Oculus CV1 at the time
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017

>checks trees

>already had update

the f*ck?
    oh also, this is another example of the issue (VR ONLY). what i think is happening is the engine is having an issue determining if the object its hiding is in view or not

https://gyazo.com/a901484662c64058d54501ff32db1718
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Do you see the same issue without VR in the same parks?

Edit: was just answered in a whisper: only in VR on CV1.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorWörni

Same problem here in VR

Win10
    i7-2600k
    gtx970

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=ff7f12-1483984459.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

With the new lighting engine, lights are always drawn. The automatic occlusion system is new and helps block light sources behind objects. For internal lights, you will need to adjust the range of how far the lights reach and work with your settings inside the new engine. It will take some new best practices for everyone, and for that we apologize. Update your parks please.

We do see other things being reported, no additional examples needed (outside anyone I whispered to).

For everyone else, how are you liking the new things added?

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush

The new things added are great!! Very nice to finally have some built in fences and poles instead of 3rd party sources!

I have an issue though, I see most people are getting higher fps closer to 60fps with the new update, I actually am experiencing slower fps than I had before the update. Is there something I might be missing? I have the highest quality HP Windows Spectre Laptop if that helps
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Graphics card?

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush

almost positive it is a NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

The new / enhanced graphics effects enhance the overall look a lot in my opinion

and the promised performance increase is quite notable on my system. I also like the newly added objects they look good and are very useful. I also think the improvements for the scenery objects and the scripting engine will turn out to be very useful soon. Not to forget all the other small improvments (drag and dropping of park files :)). The tasks that have to be done to update a parks to the "breaking changes" are very few so far (mainly fine tuning lighting and material settings). A very good job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJack

The update looks absolutely stunning guys, so hats off to you on this...However I'm having a slight problem, in that my potato of a PC hasn't benefited and so is performing worse in this version than the last. Is there anybody else with a PC that can just about run it that is having this issue by any chance?
    Oh my gosh, the update is an absolute blast.When I loaded my park in the sim, I believed I was in UE4 lol. The new scenery added will be very helpful for quick projects.
    However, I have a problem with the water wich has some sort of artefacts like white square flashing all other the place when I move my head looking at the water.
    • CommentAuthorole

The new engine comes with more effects enabled by default than the old engine

For computers that have worse performance now after the update, those have probably low end graphics cards which cannot handle the new effects. Especially the new SSAO and bloom effects require a good graphics card.

I recommend for those people to turn the SSAO (Screen-space ambient Occlusion) effect off in the setup and the Bloom Effect off in the View Panel (F7).
    •  
      CommentAuthorJack

This is after all effects are turned off.

I'm able to bear it though, as most games for me run about 15fps on average at lowest settings so trading a few frames for it to look better isn't awful for me at least :-) (Side note, the bit that is running better is the lighting, I don't know what wizardry you've pulled but I can run parks with a load of lighting about 5 times better, so no longer have to worry so much about deleting all lighting before running a park!)
    ^I have a semi decent PC yet have dropped 20fps since the update. Granted I'm still running average 106fps.

As above though, the new update looks amazing. Well done team.
    • CommentAuthorA113

finally got the update, can't say what hasn't been said already other than some of my parks look a little darker with the ambient occlusion on, not sure if it has to do with the environment or not

thanks for the hard work you all put into this, this is just about a a strong competitor to unity and ue4, if not slightly close
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

I had a nose around an older park of mine - it appears the lapbars on the minetrain vehicles don't make a noise anymore.

I'll try and video proof and upload it to a Drive in due course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex

I think I'm more excited about fences than anything. I don't have to hand-build queues and low zones anymore.
    ^Haha thats what i thought xD That are some pretty fences in the update :D All the park stuff is awesome content
    • CommentAuthorGigaG

My anti-aliasing only goes to SMAA 1x. Is this an issue with my GPU or a game limitation? It's a 970M and I only got this laptop a few months ago. Yes, I know the GPU itself is over 2 years old, but it still goes back only one generation.

That said, I do very much like the update at first glance. Under-the-hood updates are really great, and the fact that this game runs so well even with periodic graphics upgrades is phenomenal.

I'm getting about 50-75FPS on Tango Park, with some larger dips when I zoomed all the way out. This is obviously an extreme case (and IIRC that park was made to push the game further than most players would push it.) Forest Mountain Park runs at 60-80 FPS, with some drops to about 45-50 when I zoom all the way out.

This is with pretty much maxed settings. I'm quite happy with the performance. My PC definitely handles it a bit better than Planet Coaster.

• CommentAuthorole

There is only SMAA 1x available. There are no other modes implemented right now. I experimented with other modes but adding good looking AA modes is a difficult task and the current 1x implemention looks good in my eyes. At some point there might be more options, right now there is only SMAA. I am happy with it, it looks better than the AA implemention used in several other more popular games like Cities: Skyline which also has only SMAA 1x and they have a lot worse AA than in NL2 in my eyes.
    • CommentAuthorasianguruu

^I have a GTX 1070 and i can only get SMAA 1x. I don't think that it is a gpu limitation. But possibly an oversight?
    EDIT: i didnt see the response by ole so nevermind
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Which park has the updated crystal beach cyclone coaster in it with the correct crossover bracing? Plus which park has the tiki/tropical themed B&M sitdown coaster from N7 in it?
    At first I was a bit disappointed to see that it still doesn't get truly dark when putting the entire ride inside a building object. However, when putting the track in a virtual tunnel AND setting the Dim checkbox for all supports it actually becomes pitch black inside the object. I gave the track and support bright colors: still really dark, even in daytime. Put a big spotlight up and only the track and supports within range of that spotlight light up. Like it should! This is huge, it's basically what the Planet Coaster Community is begging for since March last year and you guys pulled it off, just like that!

In my enthusiasm I forget to check, but I fear the following caveat still applies: Putting your coaster in a virtual tunnel causes all sounds to reverb like crazy. Although this is quite realistic (most ride showbuildings are not exactly designed for their acoustics), it may get old pretty soon.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2017

Someone just did a 293 MB update on their NL2 workshop coaster or park. Who was it?
    https://gyazo.com/6b797f7c99b932bbb9a582256e377948
    I'm getting this error when I load up Cedar Point. Is there anyway to fix this?

Specs:
    NVidia GeForce GTX 745
    Intel Core i5-4440
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    Windows 10 64x
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Send that crash log in and we'll investigate what's causing it.

In the mean time, try disabling some of the advanced new features one at a time to see what might be the issue as that can help us.

-Ride_Op
    ^I went ahead clicked the "Send Crashlog to Developers" button. Hopefully it should send it to you guys. I will try that as well.
    I just keep to thank the team for this update, very awesome, very good job !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

I got this error when playing the play mode.

Crash log sended
    • CommentAuthorole

@toiletalker26
    @nolimiters

I received the crash reports, thanks. This is most likely the same bug for both of you.

Bugfix is coming out soon...
    • CommentAuthorDelay

If people thought that screenshots took before the update looked photorealistic, what is it now?
    It looks absolutely incredible! Although I have to reduce the graphics a bit, it still looks beautiful.
    • CommentAuthorCracktone

I'm a user of the non Steam Version. I have bought the Sim on release (Pro Version). Will this update also release on the NL2 Website?

My Windows OS has no Network connection anymore (for security reasons). Till now i have downloaded every update on my Arch Linux and installed it then on my Windows partition.

Thanks ole & team for the hard work, i looking forward to test the update myself.
    • CommentAuthorole

^ Yes, soon.
    Meanwhile, while the website gets updated, you can download at http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/updates/NoLimits_2.5.0.0_Update_Install.exe
    • CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2017 edited

Just a random question - I orignally bought NL2 Standard Edition a few days after it came out, and when I recently (a few months ago) moved to my new computer, having lost the original installer, I used the opportunity to email Mad Data and have my license transferred to Steam.

Given the unusual circumstances, can I still upgrade to Pro on Steam in the future?

BTW, great work in the update! I have some small requests (as opposed to RMCs and other big stuff) on another note:

-It would be interesting to be able to disable the wooden coaster crossties to more easily emulate Intamin woodies. This seems like it would be a rather small code change, considering the code already exists to change the spacing of the orossties -A slightly larger request - the Intamin modern (I305 style) track from the Rocket Coaster style should be enabled on the older 2-seat Hyper Coaster style, but this sounds like more work and might involve some extra 3D model changes.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2017

The Steam version will recognize if you have a Pro License already installed and unlock the pro features. If you only have the Steam version, you can enter a Pro license directly in the Steam version to unlock the pro features.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

Enjoying the brand new light engine in NL2.5 but I found a problem

the park which missing terra files could not be opened anymore

and, If the notice “the train is too close from transfer” added in this version? it adds difficulties for changing operation modes in some of my old NL2 coasters
    • CommentAuthorole

^ I will fix the terrain texture loading problem.

^ No, the train detection was not changed.

@Crazycoaster: Is the issue with the terrain tile dissappearing reproduceable? If yes, can I get the park file for download somwhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

and, If the notice “the train is too close from transfer” added in this version? it adds difficulties for changing operation modes in some of my old NL2 coasters

^ No, the train detection was not changed.

Not bug or glitch . I just think this distance for "too close" is little unacceptable for me

anyway , thanks for this major update which improves performance a lot

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

While everyone is reporting bugs from the new update, here is a concern that for some reason went unoticed for three years.

The scale of the 4D coaster is actually way off, about 1.6 times larger it should be. TheCreativeStudio took these two pictures, where it's obvious:

He used these adult mannequins for other coasters, and they are properly scaled.

Here it is with a wing coaster...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Didja know that the B&M Sitdown, Floorless, Inverted, and Stand-up all have seats and wheels that are too small? Didja know that the Intamin Hyper and Rocket have wheels too small? Didja know that the Eurofighter 1, 2, Gerstlauer Spinner, and Infinity Coaster 1's seats are too large?

We do. We are aware of inconsistent scale issues across various trains for various reasons. They are all being addressed long term. Thanks for pointing them all out.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

"Infinity Coaster 1"

I KNEW IT! *cancels Smiler recreation, destroys PC* ;)

Just kidding, I'm not concerned about the size issues, it's all fine for me, I'm happy tbh.
    My life is a lie
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Also 1.6 times is a bit ridiculous, especially since these seats are quite large in real life:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/visitors-prepare-to-ride-the-x2-roller-coaster-at-six-flags-magic-in-picture-id470549810

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

You're right - actually I said a random number, but yeah 1.6 is far exaggerated indeed.

Anyways thanks for acknowledging the issue. And sorry for being obnoxious.
    Just make those dummies 1.6 times larger, problem solved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2017 edited

Why are simple materials now glowing on?

Is this because of the new rendering method?

... dosn't have anything to do with HDR Lens effects. (Also disabled Ambient Occlusion, but i was sure, it hasn't anything to do with that, ether).
    :/

Its just a simple object color (no texture). Would be nice to know, how its caused, to replicate it, if needed.
    (For example: Reentry heat of an space shuttle, or something like that).
    It looks like the bloom effect :D