Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014 edited

WELCOME!

...here is the LATEST UPDATE (3.0) of all the flatrides i have made so far!
    Dropbox - PaRk SeT - UPDATE 3.0

What you´ll find?

- Environment
    - Scenery Objects
    - Flatrides
    - Parks

...and much more!

Actually there are mostly flatrides and some small stuff... but i´ll use this dropbox account for future additions, too! Updates and more scenery objects for those who aren´t good at moddeling.

You can use the rides in your park and you can change the textures or colors or what ever you want!
    I´ll update the links with the original model files (sketchUP and maybe some 3dsMax files) later for the user which want to modify or re-model them ;)

Feel free to left a comment or ask a question!
    Thank you and have fun! :D

EDIT: Please note that some of the scenery, which is included in NL2... isn´t available anymore!

Thanks@Archy for putting me on the list! =)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

I thought it was rct3 in the first picture lol. It looks great, cant wait to see the final thing.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

These 3D's look really good. I assume you're working on a whole park?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you make the swings move and you can then ride them?
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

That looks awesome. I'm sure there are loads of people who'd be really excited to get their hands on this! :)

Have a look at your textures though. Some work there would do loads for the the looks of those models. Particularly the textures on your buildings (and those that are just solid colors) would do better with some textures based on actual photos (with cgtextures being the direction I'd point you in). Also, have a look at generating some normal maps.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

@1blushe: Thanks =) Haha,.. no,.. it´s still NL2. Buildings in a modular way are still a bit difficult ;)
    @MilBee: Thank you! Yes i do,.. but it´s a loooong way =)
    @TOGO Fan: I can not. But i know somebody ;) So let´s wait and see how it´ll spins out ;D
    @Bye Tom: Thank you for the tips. The textures are far away from ready. I only don´t wanted to show some naked, white models. I did already tryed out the bump and normal mapping in NL2 and it works good. I´ll take a look at CGtextures.. at the moment i don´t really know where the journey will be going :D

Here are the latest additions:
     photo BeerTentAdditions_zpscceb6bd6.jpg
    A beer-tent table and bench.. and a ... well you know what it is ;)

photo FrogHopper_zps7f868b82.jpg
    A Kiddie Frog-Hopper ...

photo FlyWheel_zps7d8ef745.jpg
    A Kiddie Ferris Wheel...

KEEP IN MIND,.. i don´t want to remodel or recreate the real rides. I only want to make some things in my own design ;)

Nice weekend @all ;)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

I love your parasol and chairoplane. I hope that "the one you know" will suceed bringing this one to live, this would be fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2014

Posted By: MGridesI still try to find out how to make a simple "park set" user-and-nl2-friendly =)

That would be awesome (the work you've done is already awesome actually). I think the easiest way is to play with the snap in NL2 and set it to like 1m.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014 edited

Thank you =) I still miss a copy & paste function for objects and maybe a "save as group" function to make some pieces more versatile.

Beside the work of creating LOD´s and funny things like Park-Objects... i want to introduce my first serious NL2 project. I needed the time to collect some special features and since i can rotate "things" it´s possible to make it real ;)

It will make usage of Musickid´s Script Generator
    Multiple NL Material Settings
    Sound FX

...but still family-friendly, maybe ;)

Climax V2
    Kostenlos Bilder hochladen

Just a first touch on the Entrance... so yes. It will be a Darkride,.. too ;) The project started long time ago in times when NL1 hasn´t all the "tricks" on board which i wanted to show*. Please keep in mind, this is just a first picture to test my design. This is also a long-time project but will be released in a few month.

EDIT:
    Climax Reborn 002
    fotos kostenlos

I´ve updated the "Hall" .. where the queue is in =) It looks bigger than it is .. but well, a little bit of illusion is never wrong :D

Edit Again:
    I built a small Maze to test the special effects for climax! It´s funny, since you can really go THOUGH a maze .. or better: YOu have to find out .. and at the end there is a spinning tube! :D
    The Black Cube By Freefall
    Kostenlos Bilder hochladen

...imagineering going forwards... YAY! :D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014 edited

Update:
    The latest update of my first script, .. a simple rotation ;)
    The "Black Cube" will be a test-area for the upcoming climax-project.

I´m still try to learn the scripting thingy. And it´s a long way =(

Oh, and by the way:
    ...the other thing which rotate now!

I´ve figured out why SketchUp didn´t welded the faces. Maybe it will work now constantly, so i can make the park-set ready.
    It´s mysterious how many 3D programms do not weld ... correctly! Serious.

I will make some other tests .. and if it´s giong fine.. maybe this piece will be ready for the public:
    The Tower!

If i make scenery for RCT3... the ase exporter seem to weld it the right way! It works like a charm!

The other problem are: pivot points. Even Blender, anim8tor, wings3D or SketchUp DO NOT give the pivot axis to NL2. And i mean also the ELEMENTS. Example: A simple door.. everytime i tried it .. NL2 couldn´t find even the rightDoor neither the leftDoor ONLY one axis. I heard that only 3dMax will do it. But i have not the money to buy it. It would be great if someone have a solution for this major problem.

Have fun! :D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014 edited

Update Number X.Y:

It all began with this:
    This small park!

After MUCH research i got welded and smooth faces! Even with an SketchUp 3ds Export! And the observation tower got an update, too:
    Watch the *ALL NEW* monorail and observation tower!

Now the faces welding.. but the textures don´t look correct. =( Well,.. have to live with it because it´s getting slowly annoying that something simple don´t work correctly ;)

The chair swing is rescaled and much faces, less... :
    The new chair swing with new *CHAIRS*! :O

Next problem for the next fun-machines (flatrides):
    I tried hundred different 3D modeller and no programm seems to export multiple and different pivot points correctly. The only one which is working (i heard) is 3dsMAX. The expensive software which can do it all! Too expensive for me (and others).
    It would be really nice if somebody could tell me/us a solution =)

I really hope that we get an update for the welding/smoothing&texture problem and the pivot point issue. IF NL2 is doing all right.. it seems that a lot other programs do it the wrong way. Or are incompatible with NL2 :D YAY!

My apologize for not being an expert. Slowly, my interest in making 3d scenery for NL2 is getting smaller. Maybe i should take a nap or make a break :D

So long,.. keep it going! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2014

Wow looking great. BTW the first link is broken.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides

^ Thank you,.. link is fixed! More is coming soon... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Excellent work! Cannot wait to try out your labyrinth.
    I think your observation tower spins a little too quickly... But they are all spectacular!
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014

Thank you Phyter! :D The Labyrinth is nearly ready ;) Only two rooms with effects are left :D
    Thank you Ajax_Coasters! :) The animation of the tower will get a new script! =) So it doesn´t spin only.. ;)

More is on the way ;D I could solve the most problems i had. The work should be getting easier =)

Nice greetings, Magu.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2014 edited

Sorry for the doublepost!

As some of you know already, after a few headaches i tried to make my own animated flatrides. I have to say: i apologize my comments about scripting in the past. IF you really WANT to script.. there is everytime a way to learn it on your own way. Do not give up! ;) My creativity helped me a lot to animate the rides by my own. So i didn´t used the straight way: ...learning scripting from scratch. At the moment i understand more than i ever thought i would! Not much yet, but enough to start and to play around with scripts.
    ALL my rides are made with the shipped example scripts of NoLimits2 ;) So i didn´t code even a single line :D I also want to thank the Dev-Team to put such beautiful and easy to use example scripts into NL2. I´ve learned a lot with this compact and user-friendly scripts!

So even something like this is possible now:
    Hyper Whirl Example

ALSO,...
    RIDE OOON! ;)
    If you want to learn scripting in NL2,.. simply.. DON´T GIVE UP! ;D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014

Update...

Got following error:
    1. You have to have at least one coaster in your NL2 Park.

Why? I wanted to upload the first park-set Update but why do i need a coaster???
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Just shove a tiny section of track in there and make it invisible.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014 edited

Thank you .. !

I don´t know why it´s important .. but well .. here is the SPECIAL NLE Edition:

PARK SET - UPDATE 1

XD ...have FUN!

Edit:
    Why is the description off? It don´t looks like i´d done.. ?

Thanks in advanced!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^It's a current glitch with the exchange. Editing the post, manually putting the text back in place and reposting normally fixes the issue, until you add more text to the description.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014 edited

^Ah, ... okay =) Thank you. Thought it was me :D

Edit: It worked! Great! :D I found another issue: Trackstyle, Gerlstauer Eurofighter .. a small misspelling ;)

Have a nice weekend! :D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2014

Hello again!

...here is the UPDATE 3.0:
    Dropbox - PaRk SeT - UPDATE 3.0

Have a nice weekend and lots of fuN!

Do you mind if I put some of your flat rides in a park I'm making? I'll give you credit to you for making them

• CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2014

Of course you can use the flatrides in your park! =) That´s the matter why they´re available! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2014

Love the gyro drop :)
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014

Thank you! Unfortunatly i had a busy time and i´ll try to work on new things, if i get a bit air to breath!

Can´t wait to see some parks with the flat´s :D

Have a nice weekend at all :D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014

SO,.. welcome back!

Maybe you´ve seen this:
     photo ReworkedEnterprise_zps32109eaa.jpg

Or this:
     photo FerrisWheel-FrontLoader-byfreefall_zpsa30aaa2d.jpg

...already. I had made a reworked version of the Enterprise because i wanted to change the colors. I only have replaced the original materials with a WHITE material. The white material let you color the Enterprise (and all other models) to your needs.
    All you have to do is: To make a simple (maybe reflecting) NL2material and bring it on the model via NL2SCO Editor.

The Enterprise, the ferris wheel and the reworked pirate ship will be online in a few days! If you have question to one of the rides.. please feel free to ask! :)
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015

Here is a shot of Flasher! Some double spline action with a 100 meter top hat and a 60 meter loop ... plus a double barrel roll!
    I don´t know if this project will be released.

looks good!