Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014 edited

I LOVE this.

Like all of you once upon a time, I am facing a steep learning curve. I wonder if anyone can help me with the following:

i. Are there any written manuals/tutorial, as opposed to videos, web pages, etc.? The available help via instructional videos and web tuts is very good but I'd like to be able to print something out and study it when I am AFK, if possible.

ii. I'm looking for a reference source for real-world parameters. By this I mean things like: What is the highest lift height likely to be found on a wooden coaster, or would you find a loop in a wooden coaster? These are just examples. I know that, theoretically, you can design anything in this sim and it will work if it obeys the laws of physics but I want to keep my roller coasters within realistic parameters. I just ordered this book, in case it can help me here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1468013556/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

iii. Is there a guide to the error messages I am getting when playtesting my first coaster? Something to do with a block not following a block, in a little pop-up window. I'm not too concerned about this for the moment as all I have is a station and a lift but it would be useful to know what it means.

Thanks for bearing with me. I am a total novice but I intend to dig deep in this sim. And I voted for it on Steam Greenlight!
    That book seems nice, i might just buy it to.
    Anyway, in the editor, if you press F1 (help) did you already follow all of the tutorials? those will get you quite far already. And for a lot of advanced stuff like scripting, friction calculations and FVD you can just use the search function on this forum. There are quite a lot of threads discussing these things in detail ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014

Welcome here!

I suggest you to take a look at RCDB.com which is the database for roller-coasters. You can search all the infos you want about real coasters, such as the tallest wooden, how many inversions one has, pictures for inspiration...
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Welcome, it is nice to see someone who likes to do things well. As King RCT3 said, RCDB is a great site for information. However, if you can't find something, you could post here in the Official Ask Thread. I suggest you to read it before hand, because you'll learn a lot of things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Welcome aboard. RCDB, as already suggested, is a really great resource for just about everything. Pictures go a long way towards letting you know what sort of elements and scales you're likely to find on different ride types, what sort of supports to use for a realistic look, etc. The advanced search in particular is a great way to get an idea of what's what. For example, with two parameters, here's a list of all the wooden roller coasters that have ever been built, sorted by height.

Here's a resource I wrote a while back which uses an industry engineering standard as a guide for what G forces are allowable in coaster design which you might find useful. The tutorials in NoLimits 2's help files are pretty decent as well as far as getting you started and familiar with the editor, if not necessarily guiding you towards realism.

As for that book - I'm not familiar with it but I'm a bit skeptical that it will have many applications to NL2. Check it out if you want, but I wouldn't expect fireworks.

Welcome to NLE!

• CommentAuthorStrummer

Many thanks for all the useful advice and links, much appreciated. Dapalm, your input is invaluable. I now know what the realistic height range is for wooden coasters and I am going to switch my measurement units in the sim from metric to imperial now that I followed the search link you posted. I am now going to look into whether there are any inverted elements in wooden coasters. I am finding the smart English kid's video tutorials very helpful and am grateful to him. In general, even though the NL2 is complex in places, it is not unintuitive. I am hoping to build a reasonably elegant wooden coaster just to prove to myself that I can do it and then I will move into more ambitious territory. I am a pilot with experience of aerobatics so reproducing certain maneuvers such as the Immelmann and the Split-S within a realistic context is interesting to me. I wonder, for example, if a coaster can do a barrel-roll; an aileron roll would not be possible as this would require the train to rotate through inverted around the axis if its own track. I am a long way from accomplishing any of this; baby steps! Thanks again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Just for funsies...

Wooden coaster with an inversion:

Steel coaster with what's known as a heartline roll (kindred spirit to an aileron roll):

...and just for good measure, a wooden coaster with a (double) heartline roll:

So in short, yes, certain types of wooden coasters (one of which is represented in NL2) are capable of inversions within the realm of realism (whether or not they *should* have them is another debate entirely, mind you). Barrel rolls in the aviation sense are more similar to coaster elements often called corkscrews, whereas aileron rolls are similar to heartline rolls in the sense that the track rotates in such a way as to allow the roll to occur along an axis roughly in line with a rider's torso, rather than an arbitrary point between the rails. When you go to set up a coaster, you'll see an option to have NL2 automatically use this "heartline" as the center of rotation from a roll perspective.

As for a Split-S or Immelmann, the closest common maneuvers in coasterdom are probably the dive loop:

and the, erm... Immelmann... respectively:

With those particular elements, you'll notice that a key distinction between the coaster version of the maneuver and the aerobatic is the elevation at the exit. Whereas a stunt plane might execute an Immelmann and end up at a higher elevation, a coaster will generally return to (near) ground level as it rolls from inverted back to right side up in order to keep its speed and, you know, be fun. No motor, after all.

...enjoy.
    Posted By: StrummerI am finding the smart English kid's video tutorials very helpful and am grateful to him.

CodeMaster? XD
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Yup, Codemaster. He's been invaluable.

Thank you for those examples, BBSpeed26. I will experiment with the heartline concept. From the look of it, it's more a barrel roll than an aileron roll, as the entire vehicle rolls (tightly, in this instance, and therefore reminiscent of an aileron roll) around a center point in space. In a true aileron roll an aircraft rotates around its own axis. A coaster would have to have a mid-line longitudinal axis (its own rail) around which to rotate, and probably ailerons themselves, to accomplish this. I do not mean to sound pedantic, though; many thanks for your help and encouragement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: StrummerIn a true aileron roll an aircraft rotates around its own axis. A coaster would have to have a mid-line longitudinal axis (its own rail) around which to rotate, and probably ailerons themselves, to accomplish this.

But that's the case in a heartline roll: See.
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Good Lord, I stand corrected, you are quite right. Can I apply that roll rule to an individual ride element or does it have to apply universally to the roll behavior of the coaster?
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

^It should also be possible with editing related to the center of rails, but in this case you eill need to add more vertices to keep the Heartline* straight,it's not possible to change that behavior for an individual element. In spite of this I would recomend to change the point of origin to your hartline, becasue that's what modern real-life coasters do as well.

(*this Wikipedia articla exists only in german language, but if even if you don't speak german the pictures should explain the principle quite well)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Welcome to NoLimits 2! We are very happy to see new users from Steam.

Heartline value is set for the entire coaster. Modern coasters are designed around the centerline or heartline value. This results in a smoother ride experience for riders and allows easy construction rolls like the ones shown above.

Here is a quick explanation of Block Theory:

To run more than one train safely a coaster layout is divided into sections known as blocks. A block is any section of track that ends with some mechanism to stop the train. The idea is that only one train can be in each block at a time and the train cannot pass to the next block unless the following block is unoccupied. This is to ensure no collisions take place.

Station, Lift, and Brake segments (set to Block Brake) are all blocks. The entire lift segment is a block since the train can stop by shutting off the motor. In fact a train will stop near the top of a lift if the following block is still occupied. Block brakes include in their block all track before them. The train can roll freely through the track leading up to a block brake even if the following block is occupied. This is because a brake separates the two trains so there will not be a collision.

The warning you are getting is because the system noticed that there isn't another block ahead to send the train to. This happens when you create a partial track and simply serves as a warning that there is nowhere for the system to send a train.

I hope this helps with understanding Block Theory. Check out some of the included coasters in the editor with the Block display on. You will see each zone marked with a different color. That should help explain how the coaster is set up, then look at how the trains behave and what happens if a train does not clear in time.

Let us know if you have further questions! The community is very helpful with teaching how to use NoLimits 2.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014 edited

Can I apply that roll rule to an individual ride element or does it have to apply universally to the roll behavior of the coaster?

As with most things, it depends!

You'll find that a majority of modern roller coasters, mostly steel but some woodies as well, are designed around this "heartline" path. In modern coaster design, you're not so much designing track as you are designing an experience for a passenger. By applying that heartlined roll behavior universally to the roller coaster in NL2, you are now designing the path that the rider travels more than you are the track, which is really what you're after in the first place if you're trying to emulate modern coaster design. You can see this all over the place in the real world if you're looking for it. Look at the picture below and how the track physically moves to the right even though it's banking to the left:

It does that in order to rotate the train around the heartline. The rider path is just a simple left turn, and the slightly contorted track shaping is just sort of "what's necessary" in order to accomplish it. Thinking about it another way, if you designed, say, around the rails and left the rider experience up to chance, it would sort of be the roller coaster equivalent of banking an airplane around its landing gear, rather than around the pilot in the cockpit.

That said... some rides do that anyway. Many wooden coasters eschew this heartline banking and rider-centric design in favor of simple geometry (lots of straight lines and circles) and a focus on how the train interacts with the track. Many older (and some newer) woodies were(/are) also handicapped by the trains themselves physically not being able to roll very quickly, as well as not actually steering around turns at all. There are also examples of older steel coaster manufacturers (Arrow, Morgan, to a certain extent Vekoma etc.) generally not getting on board with the whole heartline thing until much more recently (last decade or so). It's part of the reason that a corkscrew from an old Arrow coaster is a perfect geometric spiral:

...but a modern corkscrew is a bit more fluid and has a slightly more pronounced roll at the top:

POVs on youtube where the camera is mounted/fixed to the coaster car are a good way to get an idea for nuances in ride design and track shaping. If you see a coaster on rcdb that looks interesting or that you're emulating, I'd always recommend taking a few virtual spins on youtube to get the pacing and feel of what you're going for fresh in your head.

This is a very deep rabbit hole that you're venturing down, in case it wasn't apparent!

•  
      CommentAuthorXpress

Venturing slightly off topic, what kind of airplane do you fly?

Roller coasters mimic a lot of aircraft maneuvers which I'm fairly certain you have already noted. Elements such as the Immelmann/Dive Loop (split-s) were taken directly from the aircraft element. There are major differences though between your aircraft element and the roller coaster element. For example, when you fly your aircraft, you are likely to fly it through vertical elements so that it is nearly a perfect circle with a quick snap off the elevator, and roll into or out of the element on a 45* line. Roller Coasters don't do this, typically they are designed to ease riders into and out of g-forces comfortably/safely, rather than keeping a perfectly circular element. There are old school designs that use geometrically perfect elements (Arrow/Vekoma corkscrews, for example) but for the most part, rides often use transitions called "Lead-ins" or "Lead-outs". This softens the transition from no force, to full force.

And when rollercoasters roll out of vertical elements, they typically do so very smoothly without utilizing the 45* line. Here's a couple of examples:

An aerobatic loop would consist of making it as circular as possible, roller coasters don't generally use perfectly circular loops, they use a more clothoid (egg) shape:

Most roller coaster dive loops/immelmanns begin rolling in through the top, rather than in or out through the 45* line:

And of course there are great examples posted of elements roller coasters typically use. Corkscrews (some manufacturers call them barrel rolls or wingovers- they are simply just a corkscrew) for the most part have some kind of snap over the top through their roll rate to help keep riders in their seats. Heartline rolls would probably be most similar to a snap roll since the airplane is rotating around you.

So lots of similarities, but lots of differences.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Except for this steel Chinese coaster uses a very weird immelmann.

•  
      CommentAuthorXpress

Yes, well, there are exceptions out there, that is why we stated most modern roller coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I noticed that there were a lot of similarities between aircraft maneuvers and coasters. But I was surprised to learn that it's a coaster that made a vertical looping first, before any planes. #didyouknow
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

"This is a very deep rabbit hole that you're venturing down, in case it wasn't apparent!"

I am beginning to realise this now. Bring it on!

Ride_op, thanks for the explanation re. Block Theory. Once I master the basics I am going to want to get this kind of thing right. I don't use simulators to transcend reality but to replicate it in as much detail as possible, so if a sim like this enables the user to integrate safety elements common in real life coasters, I want them in mine. I will look up some rides with this aspect modeled in the editor but if there is a tutorial I am all ears. I wish something definitive existed in writing.

Xpress, most of my flying has been in mundane single-engine propeller aircraft but I have been fortunate enough to have flown aerobatic maneuvers in the F-16D (twice), in a Czech L39 jet fighter-trainer a few times and in an Italian primary fighter trainer called a Marchetti. Aerobatic aircraft, like coasters are energy converters, constantly swapping speed for altitude and vice-versa. The difference is that flying aggressive aerobatic maneuvers is profoundly uncomfortable; even positive-g is no great pleasure and the sudden, radical changes in direction and attitude are hard on the neck. It would be the same on roller coasters if you snap-roll into an Immelmann or a Split-S like a fighter aircraft does; in a coaster the transition, while thrilling, is gentler. Flying an aircraft you always feel in control, you never feel you are "along for the ride"; that is why I wonder if I am the only person here who loves to fly aerobatics but wouldn't go anywhere near a roller coaster. There, I said it. I love speed and the prospect of designing coasters but, unlike my 13 year-old daughter, I won't be caught dead on one!

In case it is of interest, here is footage of some only marginally legal low-level aerobatic maneuvers over the Mojave Desert in the L-39 a few years ago. I'm flying it with Dave Riggs, a daredevil stunt pilot with more balls than brains who, sadly, killed himself and a translator off the coast of China last year while doing this sort of thing. I should probably have known better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVRX0sNnKPg
    Mind if we change this topic to "A Beginners Guide to Roller Coaster Creation" and make it available to all? Simply because there is some great stuff in here that loads of people could benefit from, and I can add it to our NL Resource thread stickied at the top of the forum.
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Go ahead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014

This thread became very educational very quickly.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014 edited

There are a ton more elements to go over, especially ones that have came up within the last few years and are very unique and never-before-seen. These can be harder to master, but they'll make your ride stand out a bit more and make it more unique. For example:

A "Demonic Knot", first used by Flug der Daemonen at Heide Park;

A "Bent Cuban Eight", used by G-Force at Drayton Manor and some other coaster;

A "Norweigan Loop", which I could see being done as an aerial maneuver, but then again I'm not quite experienced in all that;

And a "Pretzel Knot", used on a few coasters including Banshee at King's Island;

Some of these are more unique and rare than others, but the use of these will, when used well, increase the overall originality of your ride. And don't be afraid to make up a new element! As long as it's realistic and believable, there's no reason not to experiment with new inversions. Good luck with all your coming projects!

Note: There are plenty more "unique" elements that exist, but these are just the first that came to mind. RCDB is a very useful too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014

The NoLimits 2 help files are HTML documents located in your main NoLimits 2 directory in the Help folder. There you can print out what you need!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014

Gents, I'm wondering why the speed, g-force etc. spines are not showing up when I change from "Spline" into one of those modes. I'm probably missing something very elementary. Thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Your coaster's unfrozen, correct? The splines and combs only apply to the wireframe track in the Editor.
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014 edited

Thank you, whatever it was, it was temporary.

Next on my list of questions -- all of which I try to address myself before coming here -- is: can anyone explain to me exactly how the "Strict" and "Make straight" functions work? I am asking this because, from my position about a quarter of the way up the learning curve, it appears useful to be able to make a chosen track segment dead-straight, just as it might be helpful to "lock" a vertex so that it will not lift or otherwise move when the track in front of it is being lifted or turned. I am not sure if either of these functions address this. I am experimenting hard. Last night I spent four hours coming up with an ugly, dangerous and thoroughly unpleasant coaster. I can only get better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

These functions are your best friends and really show the power of NoLimits 2's editor.

Strict - As you have discovered, enabling Strict on a vertex forces the track spline to go through that vertex. If you make two vertices in a row Strict, you'll have a 100% pefectly straight segment of track between them. This is one of the methods for creating perfect straight track for brakes, stations, lift hills, and so on. The vertices on either side of the two Strict ones will control the curve of the track entering and exiting the straight section as well as the orientation of the straight.

Make Straight - The other method for making straight track involves lining up at least 4 vertices in a straight line (without using strict). If you are not building to the grid this would be very difficult...which is why we included Make Straight. To use, select 3 or more sequential vertices (hold control and click) then click Make Straight. Using the first and last selected vertices and end points, NoLimits 2 will align all of the other selected vertices in a straight line connecting the first and last vertices. If Strict is not being used, there will be perfectly straight track between the middle two vertices, however it won't quite start and end at points 2 and 3.

Make Straight 2D - This is a wonderful new feature for NoLimits 2. Using this function you can quickly and easily line up a nice row of hills that do not align to the grid. To use, select 3 or more sequential vertices, then from Top View, click the last one you need, then click Make Straight 2D. NoLimits 2 will align all of the vertices between the first and last point in a straight line without changing the height of any of the vertices. This is great for lining up a series of hills and elements off the grid, modifying them in 3D view, then in top view lining them all up in a straight line.

When you're ready we'll help you understand the Roll functions. :)

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014

So good of a developer to respond to my kindergarten questions. This is a fantastic sim that belongs with the great flight, racing and other high-fidelity PC simulations. It's more "pure" in its technical demands than even the most demanding flight sims but even for someone as mathematically challenged as I am, the interface and menus are not counter-intuitive.

I am trying to master Roll. The No Laterals option is obviously a godsend but because I want to use real-life aerobatics as the conceptual basis for the coasters I design, I can already see that I mustn't use this as a crutch but rather learn how to set, maintain and manipulate roll. The amount of variables can complicate matters for the novice.
    I made these tutorials for anyone that could need them. There's a lot of content in each one so check them out and look in the descriptions for specific times to skip to :)

Tutorial 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDYtEX5Rnkk

Tutorial 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueWB_Wg82Cc

Tutorial 3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pj4n_rUxR4
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014 edited

Tutorials! A cold drink for a man stumbling through a desert! Thank you! I have been surviving on The Codemaster's excellent tuts.

EDIT: I just realised, I've seen your video Tutorials, Turbocoaster, they are superb and you do such good, meticulous work in the sim. I have watched them through once and will come back to them when I am just a little more competent.
    A little more competent? I thought I covered basics in the beginner tutorial. Is there anything I could do to make them better?

(This question goes for all)
    Anything I could do another tutorial on? I'd like to help out as much as possible
    • CommentAuthorReal

Calling the Batwing on Banshee a Pretzel knot is just more marketing crap. To me, regardless of entry direction, a dive loop followed by a immelman is a Batwing.
    ^I'm pretty sure a batwing is when the entrance and exit are side by side, and a pretzel is when they cross over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

^This is what I've been following
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

And a batwing is more like a reverse sidewinder followed by a sidewinder, I mean the track on the entrance and exit don't go as low as bewteen the half loops.
    • CommentAuthorReal

You guys are getting too technical. Heights of entrance and exit should not matter.

In retrospect, its basically a reverse Batwing - since a regular Batwing turns away from itself, where this turns towards itself. But at its very core they are the same. Its a dive loop followed immediately by an Immelman. Check out Afterburn, same exact thing - just the rotations are opposite. Its just silly that for marketing you have to rename something when the elements are changed a tiny bit from something else. I prefer not to get so technical that we rename a element that already has a name simply because we changed 5% of the element.
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Quick novice question, gents. I just finished my first wooden coaster. I am reasonably proud of it. However, even though I only have one train, I am still getting the error message re. block problems when I run it. According to Block view mode, my one block is the station. Can someone advise re how to place another? It's not a track type. How far away from the existing block does it need to be, must it be on a flat piece of track and I assume it needs to have a brake that kicks in only in an emergency? Many thanks. Partly thanks to you guys, I'm getting there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Station and lift hill should be the two blocks on your coaster so far if the circuit is complete. To finish the circuit, select the first vertex of the track and the last vertex of the track and click on Connect. To separate them again if you need to, choose the vertex to separate and click Split Up.

To add more blocks you need to add brake segments. This is done by adding Type separator nodes. Add 2 of these to define the start and end of the brake run. Then click that segment of track between the Type separators, change the segment type to Brake. Then double click to get the segment properties. Here you can configure the brake segment settings. If you choose Block Brake you will have another block in your coaster.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

I must be missing something very simple here, sorry. I tried adding a second brake segment but even with "Block brake" selected in its properties it does not show up as red track indicating that it's a block. I then tried to make a brake section as a block within the lift section but that did not show up as a block either and turned another section of the track yellow. My existing brake section works well but does not show up as a block even though "Block brake" is checked by default. I only have one train and have been attempting to do all this with the track connected up. Am I supposed to have disconnected two nodes and inserted another section? Does it have to be flat? I have no flat track on this ride apart from the station and the existing brake segment. Hmm. What can I be missing? Thanks for your patience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Please post a screen shot of the un-frozen coaster and the warning that NL2 is giving you so we can spot the setting you are overlooking.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Thank you Ride_Op. Here are links to three screenshots, as requested:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/Bahger/nolimits2app2014-05-1812-58-06-37_zps092eb706.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/Bahger/nolimits2app2014-05-1812-58-58-18_zps46e114d3.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/Bahger/nolimits2app2014-05-1812-59-14-28_zpsbd862b6f.jpg

If you cannot read the text of the error message I will post another screenshot, zoomed in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

A copy/paste of the error will suffice.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Are you sure you have only one train? Like, haven't you mixed up the car number with the train number?
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

I will check. Stand by.

No, one train only, six cars. Heartline checked in the Coaster options menu, otherwise it's all basically default. I am baffled. I'll need to get rid of this error message before sharing the ride with anyone.

Here is the exact wording of the error message:

Waiting for scripts to finish...
    Wood 01: Not all trains could be assigned to blocks. Increase the block count by adding brakes or reduce the train count.
    Cannot startup coaster 'Wood 01' because of errors. It will be ignored in the Ride List Panel.
    Ride View
    • CommentAuthorStrummer

Here is another more close-up screenshot that shows the build in Block view. The only red segment is the station. Note that I have not used a Transport segment as the train seems to launch fine without it.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/Bahger/nolimits2app2014-05-1814-30-54-96_zps1ca9bd1b.jpg

After fiddling about trying to solve this, I sometimes get the error message repeated in the initial window, as though it was being triggered twice before the ride launches.
    One thing I'm noticing is that the pull in (the start) into the lift is a bit big, try and make it shorter, like this (look at the black line):

Also, use this to display an image

"img width=800 src=INSERT IMAGE LINK HERE" (enclosed in <> brackets, No ") followed by "/img" (also inclosed in <> brackets, No ")
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Do you have more than one coaster in your park?

> Wood 01: Not all trains could be assigned to blocks. Increase the block count by adding brakes or reduce the train count.

This error occurs when the number of trains selected for a coaster exceeds the number of blocks. You will get this error if you have a coaster with 0 blocks on it or if one of the blocks is too short to hold the full train. You can check this out by making your station too short. When it gets too small the wire frame train will vanish.

> Cannot startup coaster 'Wood 01' because of errors. It will be ignored in the Ride List Panel.

This error means that the system could not place any trains on the layout. As a result the coaster will still be drawn, but when in play mode it will not appear in the list of active rides to choose from. It will be static only until the problems with placing at least one train are resolved.

Hopefully this helps identify the situation!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014

But what does this mean in practice? I have one block and one train so neither exceeds the other in number. I try to create another block but cannot. How can I resolve this?
    • CommentAuthorStrummer
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014

Adjusting the steepness of the lift approach does not work. I guess I will scrap the thing and start again.