Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorThrill Lab
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2016

I really like listening to what is happening everywhere and it's cool to hear opinions from other people. I've listened to all of he episodes and they are really good especially considering one comes out every week. Like what Alex said with the news section, I think that would be really cool because I don't always have the time to check all the threads and other forums. The roller coaster news you guys do have about coasters in real life is good cause I don't hear all of it sometimes and the cast is a really cool way to just know what's up. Also it's nice because the ideas and people on the cast have ideas they share and a lot of my recent ride ideas have been from other people wether intentionally or not. So yes overall I personally would like to see the cast continue.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Well awesome guys - the feedback has been very positive so I'll find a way to keep this going. Thank you for the honest and quick replies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Other things to think about: Who says you have to record on Tuesdays? Or edit so heavily? You can always record on weekends, perhaps even do 2 at a time and release when needed. The visual component is nice, but can be scaled back to 720p easily. With a bit of sound compression and video compression you can get that file for YouTube down under 700mb and make it much more manageable, or just go audio only. Lots of options.

The NoLimits Dev Team is honored that you guys have put together a podcast and that it's been this high quality. It really says a lot about our community that they want to put together a way to communicate ideas and facilitate the discussion among a broad audience. Keep it going! Find a way and soon you'll be at 100 episodes!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

I also enjoy the cast.
    But if its so much work, i wouldn't be mad, if its every 2 weeks or so.

And ride_op is right:
    When there is only a rollercoaster as background without any important frames, you dont need high quality videos.

Most of us also leave the video in the background while working on our own projects.
    Audio is in this case a bit more important than 60fps @ 1080p
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016

NL2 Cast Episode 15 w/ Blase Rhine

Continuing with out normal update schedule, we have Blase Rhine on today to talk about NL2, NLE, Coaster Crazy, and much much more (he's a talker!) It was great having him on and I hope you guys enjoy it!
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

Thanks for having me... I do talk a lot ;) I very much enjoyed it! Thanks again and I hope you all enjoy it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

I haven't been following these, but I decided to listen to the last episode while doing some stuff around my apartment and I quite enjoyed it. I will probably go back and listen to a few of the previous podcasts as well. :)
    I enjoyed it :)

Also don't mind that it's audio only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016 edited

Just want to mention, you don't have to use the Offical Ask Thread to ask a question. This is not a site rule, it's a topic that a member made to try and consolidate the millions of simple Q&A's that probably don't need to be looked up later again. That goes for all of you. :)

Examples good for the Ask Thread:

• What's a good lift angle for a B&M Dive Coaster?
    • What's a good lift speed for a Mega-Lite? 10 mph? 15 mph?
    • What's the "hysteresis" setting do again?
    • Should I use PNG or RAW for video export?

Examples that probably warrant their own topic:

• How do you go about importing custom trains into NoLimits 2?
    • How can I create a lights show?

I hope that clarifies things. For you guys who do this often, do know that it makes things harder to find in the future. If it's buried in a 100+ page thread, it's going to be much more difficult to search for. We too have seen people say "hey put that in the Ask Thread dummy" and have tried to steer people away from that a tad, but it still happens.

Also, side-note for NLC - thanks for the kind comments. Like you said it is very much like the development of NoLimits 2. You may have realized it's an even smaller development team, as it's basically reduced to one guy more or less. RWN's very skilled and particular on what he wants, so thus far we haven't looked at outsourcing or collaborating on anything. I will say that development is currently in a bit of a lull - there are personal issues to attend to - but I am confident it will be finished. It's really just a matter of when. All of us have life stuff that gets in the way, unfortunately. :(

Thanks for your patience!

•  
      CommentAuthorKG9

I just went on to listen to this weeks podcast and saw that Clean is the backdrop for your logo guys. I know it isn't out yet, but thanks! Still cool to see my work :)
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Yeah I needed a quick graphic and your hyper felt like it fit - still fine tuning details and will have the previous casts archived as I get things switched over!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Enjoyed the cast. I mainly listen to it in the background while working on other things so the change to audio only didn't really affect me. One thing I'll say though, maybe upload a small announcement video onto the Youtube saying that the cast is now on Soundcloud so that you don't completely alienate those people that listen on Youtube (Even though I'm sure most of your listeners are from here, it's always best to be safe).
    Yeah, I'm going through some stuff. I haven't been able to work on it but I'm going to try to start again soon hopefully. I don't think it comes anywhere near to nl2 development though lol (it doesn't). Anyway, here's a video of it sort of so far that I posted in the dev forum about a month ago, and the post to go with it. I've worked on it a bit more, but not by much.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey everyone, well, it's been a while since I've posted an update here... Actually, it's been a really really long time since there's been an update, more than a year: so let me update you all on it now.

So for starters, what happened with 2015? I had my senior year of high school to finish up for the beginning of the year, then there was summer and getting a job; a bit of health scare, and yeah. Through out all of that I was working on NLC on and off, but around October, October 20th to be exact, I started working on it more or less every week.

What did I change on NLC? A lot of stuff. It firstly went through another design change. Something that I think is going to be final and I've come to really like. Account management and all of that jazz is done.

The most exciting thing about the update, however, is that the park page is around, I'd say 75-80% complete! Check out the video below, it demonstrates a ton of cool stuff:
    - Uploading a park - you can either click the button and select the files, or you can simply drag and drop them onto the page. This demonstrates how NLC will automatically read the park file for it's data: the coaster's, their stats, and the park data.
    - Editing the park - changing images, names, adding coasters, etc.

There are a couple of other things, one thing I'd like to mention that I didn't show is that the park description automatically updates as you type, pretty cool, and it's also markdown which is automatic as well.

Another thing, that upload and download is REALLY fast, right? Will it be that way on the actual site, you may ask. Well, yes and no. The actual site will be on a server that has better hardware than what I'm using locally (base model macbook pro 13"), so it' will be faster in that aspect. What will change the speed is your connection, if you've got a good connection, then yes, NLC will really be that fast.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, one more thing you might be wondering, does NLC really look like that, all of the dropdowns and stuff, or is that just my mac? Nope, that's all native to NLC and will look like that on Mac, Linux, Windows, whatever.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clWkVGfO3J8&feature=youtu.be

Overall I'd say nlc is around 30% complete. The forums shouldn't take extremely long, not as long as the Exchange has taken. There's still a bit left: Finishing the parkpage (ratings specifically), finishing the exchange, forums, wiki, contests, meetups maybe. That's a brief overview of what's left.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2016

I absolutely love that upload system! It's so fast and clean! Great job!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Wow, major props man - that is a very intelligent system and it looks fantastic too!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

Getting an error @ soundcloud.com:
    Sorry! Something went wrong
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016

Today on the NL2Cast, we have Dan from the Virtual Towers Online megaproject to explain how it started, what it is now, and what it aims to be in the future. We also get a bit offtopic and talk about the news surrounding Alton Towers and the park in general. Not too much in the way of NoLimits 2 this week, but a fascinating project none-the-less! Hope you enjoy.

If you want to know more about Virtual Towers Online, stay connected through their facebook group:
    www.facebook.com/ProjectTowersNL2
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2016

Today on the Cast, we talk with CodeMaster about anything that comes to mind really - Roundup100 regrets and the symbolic number 11, the new Flying Aces coaster at Ferrari World, Code's own Meltdown project, and why he puts black bars on all his vids...LOL. We had a really good time and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Music - Fracture Design - A Winter's Tale

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I'd love to talk on the show someday, but I don't have many projects right now. I'm off NL2 until March 12th, so I have been planning all sorts of stuff on paper! How many others do that before you make a ride in the editor?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ I used to do it, but I don't need it anymore.

Nice to see another cast going up, can't wait to hear it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2016 edited

I'd also be more than happy to pop in for a segment if anyone has interest in hearing me talk. ***insert self-deprecating joke here*** I know I'm not as active as many people on these forums, but I check them multiple times per day and have a lot of projects in the works that I cannot wait to show everyone.

Great podcast this week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016 edited

"Patrick, aka TheCodeMaster, aka That Guy Who Makes Trains, aka That Bloke Who Puts Black Bars On His Videos For No Logical Reason At All, aka Mister 11" Best thing I've heard all day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016

Best. Cast. Ever. I really want a $50 taco and $500 train. Sounds good lol

Liked that a lot because it was about nothing. Do more of that!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016

Did TheCodeMaster mention my Togo coaster track 3ds progress any in the video?
    Yes. But I'm not gonna tell you where, just listen to the entire thing.
    Posted By: ZergeiI'd love to talk on the show someday, but I don't have many projects right now.

Same xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016

Is there a particular reason why there haven't been a new podcast the last few weeks, i always enjoy listening so that's why i'm curious
    If you want a intro to the podcast I would be more than happy to help you with it!
    /Oskar
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016 edited

nSeven made a statement less than a week ago on the NL2CAT Facebook page:

Posted By: nSevenGood lord, has it really been a month? LOL..so you might have noticed that the cast has been missing through April. I want to apologize for that and explain what's been happening this month.
    So in order to make this move to Montana happen, we have had to close down 2 houses at relatively the same time. Once the first house closed, we all moved into the next house before we could make the final jump. So that has been this month - we're packing away non-essentials and are all living with our own schedules. Since the Cast needs to usually be recorded at night, that would disrupt the sleep of the others in the house (no soundproofing whatsoever) and it's just not worth making somebody else's day miserable because they couldn't sleep.
    The Cast will return once we're settled again, but for now it's a very cozy situation we're in! Thank you for your understanding and we'll see you guys in May!