Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Due to the many, many users who commented that they'd like to see this tutorial, I finally whipped one together. Click the image below to watch!

https://gyazo.com/cea43e1689e22dbf59eaf20ea6d5143d

Also, if the mods want to add this to the resource thread, that would be great! If you have any questions about the video or my process, comment here or on Youtube and I'll do my best to answer.

Edit: Here are the values for the box beam that I posted in the description of the Youtube Video:

Box Beam stats:

Standard B&M gauge track:
    1.6ft width x 1.6ft height (.49m x .49m)

Dive coaster track:
    2.5ft width x 2.8ft height (.76m x .85m)

NOTE: when doing a dive coaster style vertical drop, using a simple rail connector as the top connection for the box beam WILL NOT WORK. You have to use a free node and mess with it until it lines up correctly. Little bit more of a pain, but it's the same general concept.
    Consider it done! Nice tutorial - I learned something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2017

Definitely the cleanest way to do it! Great job, thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2017

I know its annoying but any chance of a word/picture based tutorial? I've always found video ones hard to follow.
    ^maaaaaaaybe... The thing is, I made the tutorial less as a step-by-step regimented process and more as a explanation of a few concepts. They do not have to be followed in the exact order that I did them. Hopefully you can watch the video and then apply the concepts rather than follow the exact process.
    These should be included with an NL update
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2017 edited

"Doesn't work on inverts" smh
    https://gyazo.com/90c95152e827b7b924a2bce0507555fb

The crossbeam is actually more i bean like, rather than a tube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2017 edited

It's a new-gen invert, think OzIris.
    oh yeah... those exist... carry on.