Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013 edited

^This. I'm sorry about the pictures, I don't know why they don't work properly because I can see them, but here are the raw links

http://rcdb.com/977.htm?p=6907
    http://rcdb.com/977.htm?p=30695
    http://rcdb.com/1845.htm?p=14594
    It looks good! TD is one of my favorite Intamin layouts. I hope you do it justice. Looking forward to the upload sire....
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013

Posted By: lujach92^This. I'm sorry about the pictures, I don't know why they don't work properly because I can see them, but here are the raw links

http://rcdb.com/977.htm?p=6907
    http://rcdb.com/977.htm?p=30695
    http://rcdb.com/1845.htm?p=14594

Thanks for these. On my side I found a great picture. It's a little bit different than Dolphin's (I think its smaller) but it will be useful for sure:

Posted By: GerstlCrazyIt looks good! TD is one of my favorite Intamin layouts. I hope you do it justice. Looking forward to the upload sire....

I'll do my best. Still a few weeks I guess before I finish. I wonder if it will be done before NL2 is released...

I have completed the work on the lift catwalk.

Next I will finish aligning and edit some proportions of the existing supports, then resume the work by adding more supports.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2013

Put those catch nets along the whole track like the coaster has nowadays.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

Realignment and orientation of the supports is a long and not so exciting job. I do a little bit per day. But I made an update. This piece will be used all along the track.

Then, when fed up with this type of thing, why not taking care of the surroundings...

Posted By: TOGO FanPut those catch nets along the whole track like the coaster has nowadays.

Yes I noted those new nets. I might include them if I find a proper way to shape and texture them.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013

I'm taking some time to progress. Every time I find a better quality picture of something I'm working on, I tend to rework it. For example, the cable system.
    These views show the updated cable hardware under development.

Of course, I'll have to move on soon to other parts of the supports. Otherwise this will never end.
    (Consider this: Those big buildings shown previously took me between 1 to 2 hours each to come up with. But those tiny pieces of hardware in the support cable also take that kind of time. It's a question of scale. The bigger the easier and vice-versa.

Now I seriously wonder if I'll be able to release this before NL2 shows up. The concern is:
    As soon as NL2 is out there, everybody will jump on it (including myself) and who will show interest in a track made in NL1 anymore? I'm not sure if this a proper parallel, but when RCT3 arrived, there's no way I would have tried to make something out of RCT2. The progress between the 2 was drastic, and I think it will be a drastic change with NL2 as well...

Another venue: The hope that importing NL1 tracks to NL2 will actually be efficient and bug free. This would open all sorts of doors. All the ride in the park, the lift cable and other features could be animated for instance.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Again, it's incredible how many details you're putting in these supports. Have yoe already tested in in-game? What does the fps look like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

I'm worried the track quality might not hold up to the standards you set yourself with the scenery. What did you use as reference material and has the track been tested?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013

Yeah, I'd love to test the track anytime.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013

During the last days, I added more cables and details to the base of the supports. I'm working presently on the engine pulling the lift cable. The cable spool is almost done. I need to add the return cable which goes horizontally towards the station. The engine itself is not finished. But it starting to look like something.

Following this I will make the horizontal catwalk that connects to the engine platform.

You will notice that the track is still not directly connected to supports. Because I want freedom to perform last minute (minor) adjustments to that track, those connecting devices might be the last thing I will make in this project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013

This is a very interesting coaster, can't wait to see the finalized product of this coaster!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013

Ugh, that drop still kills me! The shaping is not that bad, but it still could be a lot better.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014

When you animate the Big O you can use the walkmode to ride in each of the 3ds cars.

I hope that I can be able to actually ride the Big O. If you can animate it with cars with open doors.

Can you redo the cars so that you can enter each car and ride the wheel in the cars?

Here's a video showing the rotation speed of the Big O. I guess it rotates about 0.5 MPH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHEfhMue7lE

This wheel is 80 meters tall, takes 15 minutes to complete a rotation and costs 800 yen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine

Hella' Bump
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2

OK now I see what u mean. Yes I suppose the doors could be animated and you could enter one the wheel's cabin in walk mode. I didn't think about that. Its a good idea, although I have to start learning the script before it can be made...
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited

It is not a good idea to assume that the hit detection of the walk-view bounding box will maintain enough contact with the car floor and walls to take you around the circle without falling out. It could work, but I wouldn't count on it. Instead what you would do is code cameras for each car on Big O, similar to what we did for the Ferris wheel demo object available in the Library. NL2 script allows for scenery objects to contain custom camera views. In fact you could easily modify our Ferris wheel script to run Big O.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Spez_2 Did you read this? "In fact you could easily modify our Ferris wheel script to run Big O."
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2

Cool. I'll take a look at this more closely when I'm done with Purple Peaks. Thanks, Phyter.
    I still like the idea of the doors opening automatically at floor level. By the way I performed tests in another project (unrelated to coasters but set in a NL2 park file), and walked perfectly well in a building I made with multiple floors and stairs. There were no problems. You could walk on any surface of the 3ds model.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Maybe you have to make the floors of the wheel's cars thick enough.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2

Here's a couple of new shots taken in NL2

Togo, do you know if the doors look like this?

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

They are.

http://www.nihonsun.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/image12.png

Can you make the windows much less tinted? The real ones are totally clear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

I don't know how realistic you're going, but there needs to be something next to the cable by the motor since it's so close to the track. If the cable was too snap, it could fall over onto a passing train or fall onto the track before a train passes over it.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^But that situation is kind of realistic, considering something like that happened before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited

Posted By: Spez_2You could walk on any surface of the 3ds model.

The problems occur when the surfaces move. You can hit a 3D object, but a 3D object can't hit you.
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga

dear god that is beautiful!
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014

I have started to work on this project again. Mainly on supports. They're almost done. I still need to add flanges and other details.

When I'm done with supports, I'll resume the scenery. The main building, station and Ferris wheel base need a lot of additional details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

For a second I thought the first picture was real. Stunning work!
    Yeah, absolutely stunning this project!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Oh yes, it's back! I love this ride and it has a place in my heart, first and only Intamin Mega Coaster I rode. It just looks stunning, beautifully modeled, trackwork is great, supports are great. I look forward to seeing this completed!
    Excellent work, looks incredible! Seems very strong on the shadows in some areas, though, be sure to tick the "fix ambient materials" box in the NL2SCO advanced tab.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: JAKoolOh yes, it's back! I love this ride and it has a place in my heart, first and only Intamin Mega Coaster I rode. It just looks stunning, beautifully modeled, trackwork is great, supports are great. I look forward to seeing this completed!

How was it? I heard that the ride was terrible and had no airtime.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2

^ I didn't ride it myself either so hopefully JAKool will answer. The comments I read seem to agree on very little airtime. I don't remember that somebody thought it was terrible. I think this coaster looks very impressive and spectacular. So people's expectations might be too high, resulting in a certain degree of disapointement. Still, airtime or not, I wish I could ride this baby.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Yes I would too. I love the pre-trimmy intamins.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Of the vague memories I have of that trip, it's obviously not an airtime machine but focuses more on layout than intensity. My mom and I like the symbolism of being a dolphin with the trick track, small hill, and going through 'hoops' in the form of the building and the ferris wheel.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014

I installed support flanges and rings. Here's a few more pics.

Tasks remaining (in random order) :

- Modifying main building and plaza to accommodate log flume
    - Create log flume path and boats (I think I found a relatively simple way to animate this)
    - Have a beer
    - Improve station
    - Determine what to do across the street (do I build the other rides or not)
    - Have a beer
    - Complete Big O building (including Thunder Dolphin entrance)
    - Adapt NL2 script to animate Big O
    - Have a beer
    - Add more background scenery
    - Have a b... strong coffee if I want to finish this

BTW Architect, I applied your recommendation. It's still quite dark, though. I think I will change my Gamma rays settings in 3ds and re-import the files in NL2. That should do the trick.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

You have ABSOLUTELY GOT to do Geopanic.

http://rcdb.com/1253.htm

I have always wanted a NL recreation of that really messed up TOGO coaster for a very long time.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2

^ Hi Togo.
    This adds to the already long list of stuff to do. The ride is invisible from outside and requires a good understanding and familiarity of the interior of the building (which I don't have).
    Consider also that this ride was closed many years ago and, to my knowledge, there are no 'on ride' videos I can use to do this. If you find any, please provide the link. I'm curious myself of seeing this ride in action.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFfNoYd7nf8
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

This coaster is supported so weirdly with the cables and the flanges.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Well Japan is prone to seismic activity...
    The very first photo looked real for a second. This looks AMAZING!
    Am I the only one not seeing the pics?
    • CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014

That last pic, it's just awesome :)
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014

Posted By: mightbeawannabeAm I the only one not seeing the pics?

I think most people can see it.

Posted By: UncleArlyWell Japan is prone to seismic activity...

Correct.
    Plus, they had to deal with structural beams of the building underneath. They couldn't place the supports wherever they wanted. That explains some of the strange angles of some supports.

Today, I experimented with new tiles for the plaza and mezzanines. Also, I modified the pool.

Soon, I will build the log flume track. I did some tests on another park file. I will definitely be able to animate the log flume. Hope I can manage to build a decent recreation of it.
    • CommentAuthorSpez_2
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014

I almost gave up on it, but I managed to make a "decent" log flume that works (you can ride it). The ride details are kept to a minimum compared to Thunder Dolphin. The layout is approximately the same except for the indoor part (found no pic or video of it). Also I struggle a bit with the water textures. I will try to improve that later. Any suggestions ?

•  
      CommentAuthorNoworyta
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014

Amazing... It simply astounds me what this simulation is capable of in the rights hands. Would love to be able to ride this in real life one day as well. Fantastic.
    I can/want to help you with the water textures ;)
    At least if you want them to look like this.
    I did it using the standard water texture from nolimits and using wave-vertex deformation to get the waves.
    However the wave vertex deformation does require a certain way the mesh is constructed, but that's not so hard to do.
    I can post a tutorial in my construction thread here if you want?