Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011

Well, you've waited for it - this ride is now done! After four months of extensive work, I now feel like that I have accomplished something that I thought that I would have never done before. The ride itself will be put onto the exchange tomorrow (assuming that all goes well), and I will also prepare a short YouTube trailer with the Superman theme song playing throughout the video. Don't expect this video to be completed any time soon. Other than that, I REALLY thank you all for helping me out whenever I needed it, and without such good feedback, this recreation wouldn't have been as successful as it is now. Here are some final pictures - enjoy!

This makes me want to go out to the park and ride it in real life!
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

That fog/mist looks really dense. Is it really that thick?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: MaverickThat fog/mist looks really dense. Is it really that thick?
    I believe it is! Based on the two pictures below, I can pretty much say that the mist is really thick in spots.

I don't know where you live or what time zone, etc. But I suggest waiting until mid-sunday to upload it, rather than tomorrow. At least going by here.
    Looks really good!
    • CommentAuthorMrX8991
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011 edited

Yeah, I'd wait for next week no matter what. Of course, I tried that this week and still got nothing but oh well, it was rushed job anyways.

What these two said ^. If you wait until 00:01 on Monday then you'll get maximum coverage :-)

Looks like a really good recreation. I was waiting for DCs221 to finish his version, but that doesn't look it's going to happen any time soon.

•  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

And please consider that this website is running in the GMT time zone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrandonR
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011

Mathew, to avoid the whole waiting-til-Sunday thing to get maximum exposure, have you considered maybe a "Top New Rides" list that has a rolling timeline? I.E. show the highest-rated rides that are <= a week old. That way every ride gets a potential 7-days regardless of when its uploaded, while still keeping the list competitive and fresh... Just a thought.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

I really like that idea!
    • CommentAuthorC-A_99

The cutoff time is somewhere during the middle of Sunday at EST. I uploaded a track just before it one time and missed the deadline, and that was before the site got updated. Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Well, it's about time that I tell you the last update before I upload the ride within the next 24 hours or so. Last night I just finished a music video/trailer for this coaster, and I also have made a teaser screenshot for the actual uploading thumbnail. The YouTube link is listed below, as so is the preview screenshot. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9swzmt_OvA

• CommentAuthorBenoit

Looks amazing! I loved the video, you did a great job. Really looking forward for the upload!
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

I still think the track and support colors are too light, it's quite obvious. But well...
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Maybe they're custom faded.

You should recolor it to the Bizarro theme and upload that next week. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011

The ride is now uploaded, but now it seems like that the overall rating has dropped ALOT since the first few ratings. I am looking forward to more ratings as the week goes on, so if any of you can drop a rate in that would be great! I hate to see my ride have an "uh-oh" moment or two, so maybe I will be a happier person by the end of the week... Anyway, I should begin focusing on a theme for my next coaster pretty soon:).
    I'm downloading right now :)
    why didnt you uploaded it with the other station instead of the game's station though?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011

Posted By: eXoguti093why didnt you uploaded it with the other station instead of the game's station though?
    Because the station was getting WAY to complicated to design, and the 3DS would just be a mess, considering that I am not that good at making them. The good news is that my next coaster will feature LOTS of 3DS:).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRyder
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited

Posted By: L BoschAnd please consider that this website is running in the GMT time zone.

Ooh your making me feel all patriotic...

Rated, an excellent ride (I know nearly nothing about)