Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012 edited

Thanks cb and Jakool!

And for the rest of you, perhaps you should continue discussing the CK issue somewhere else. As of my post June 1st more than half of the comments have been about that issue. Furthermore, 2/3 of comments have been irrelevant to the progress of the coaster.

EDIT: And a screen from the NoLimits editor which I may have had a tad too much fun with in photoshop:
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012

That looks... amazing!
    (Looks like you sorted out construction kit problems!)
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

^It's from nolimits, not a render. And it looks very nice.
    • CommentAuthorrctthebest

looks great, but.... maybe you could smooth out the supports. right now they are pretty ugly (well designed, but ugly) with those unsmoothed faces.

and, (maybe you're not done yet) your immelman is undersupported.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

That is NoLimits indeed. And rct; I exported straight from Cinema 4D, which has some issues with .3ds exporting to NoLimits. When I can arse myself to do a proper export via reexporting through Wings3D (which gets really complicated because of some strange issues I'm having), hopefully the supports will have smooth shading. Smooth shading is one of the things the NoLimits engine really spooks around with, sometimes it just won't work and sometimes I just cannot seem to disable it. Hopefully I'm lucky and the smooth shading works when reexported through Wings (was a long time ago since I did it last time, I can't seem to remember).
    And supports aren't done yet.

So I added some of the rocks from my rock set to the waterfront as well as a lot of bamboo bushes and trees. The screen is black and white because of an export error I'm having (which I can work around, but it takes time so I rarely do it) which makes the .3ds be colored in a random color.

The pic actually looks pretty cool!

Same for the coaster. It looks really awesome!

Better ask permission to use those rocks or you could get in big trouble :P
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

^TeeHee. Even if they weren't his, ByeTom said you didn't have to ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

That's a really good pic ! And the black and white adds to ist feeling IMO.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

Well seeing as it looks like a jungle theme and the track is green. May I suggest the name "Python"?

Plus, this looks awesome.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

I'm glad to hear that you all like the looks of it :)

^ Even though Python is a really good name, I'm afraid that it strikes me as something I've heard before. It's a great name though, naming it after a snake would make sense.
    Mamba?
    Posted By: Bye TomEven though Python is a really good name, I'm afraid that it strikes me as something I've heard before.

That's why I switched to Italian with Il Pitone lol.

I know, foreign language coaster names are cliche now. So don't do that.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012

Well, it seems I may not have to figure about the name anymore. I was saving the Cinema 4D project file the very same moment power was cut off, which rested in a corrupted file. I do still have the .3ds file left, but opening it in Cinema 4D, 3ds Max and Wings gives me just a mess of surfaces.

If anyone would like to try and help me, feel free to reply in this thread. Because surely there must be some program out there that could open the file without the problems (because at least NoLimits can, apart from shading problems).
    The Curse of Pathogen has struck again :(
    ^what curse?
    Deletion of kick-ass stuff during the least expected moments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

And this is why I think all computers, no matter what, should have a small battery that will give you about 5-10 minutes after power is cut to save anything important in a power outage.
    Posted By: rcrider4And this is why I think all computers, no matter what, should have a small battery that will give you about 5-10 minutes after power is cut to save anything important in a power outage.

That's what laptops are for I believe, adding also that they are for mobile usage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

Yes I know. I just think that it would be helpful in desktops too. But yeah, I am glad that I have a laptop instead of a desktop.
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989The Curse of Pathogen has struck again :(

that's what you think ;)
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

If anyone has Anim8or and is willing to reexport the .3ds file for me I still have hopes though. It happens to be that I cannot get Anim8or to work on my computer.

I can.

^^^What!?!?!?!?!?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

I can too...It's not hard? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

Posted By: Brett-Jones
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989The Curse of Pathogen has struck again :(

that's what you think ;)

Please tell me right now if there's only a little luck to make it going up again PLEAAASE !!! :D
    We dunno, maybe, maybe not... ;)