Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011 edited

Hello again! You may be wondering why i make so many euro-fighters and that's because i love building them! I have a new idea that i am now starting to work on and i still need a good color for this ride. I am going outside of my box to make a better ride that's more Gerstlauer than my past euro-fighters. This ride will not be rushed and will be mostly driven by your comments. So i have a starting picture to show you what i am working on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am still working on completely smoothing out this area.
    Well, it depends on what type of theme your going for. I used purple on my Euro-fighter because not many people use a purple/violet-ish color scheme on a euro-fighter, but that was only for the theme's sake.

I can't tell much from the picture but I think there is a pump into, and out of the heartline roll.
    Gerstlauer heartline rolls are obscenely flat and sprawling, you can't do it the normal way with them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

I improved the roll and smoothed it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011

I actually started trying newton 2 and i have something to show you...

The element in this picture is right after a 50mph launch. I am learning newton so advise would be great and im already trying multiforce.

I think its ok but ill let you guys help me since i want this ride to be mostly from your advice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

Please don't use lateral forces. They're horrible. To see if your newton is OK, please show us another picture with the function on that shows you, instead of the hearthline, the G-forces.
    Posted By: RNBPlease don't use lateral forces. They're horrible. To see if your newton is OK, please show us another picture with the function on that shows you, instead of the hearthline, the G-forces.

Agreed.
    I think the lateral forces are a great idea. It adds a little more interest to the shape. As long as they go rather unnoticed in the simulator (like if it's a looper, don't go holding 0.5 lats for extended periods). You can use little 0.1-0.2 adjustments to flatten out sections and get a little more control.

I see that you're using it at the end of that unbank, which could be good also in keeping the leadout well shaped. Looks good so far but I don't have a sim pic. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17

You can use a little lat, but not a lotta lat.
    ^fail spelling/grammar=WIN!!!! And yeah he's right with the lats and OinzCEO never answered my question!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17

go where quite exactly? ha
    idk..... pizza hut? lol jk but still NO LATS! there are some exceptions like inversions but try not to use them...
    • CommentAuthorA113

Lateral forces are perfectly acceptable, and very common on rides (especially Euro-fighters). I mean, 0.2 lateral forces isn't even that much, and it also depends on how much of it is sustained.
    ^Yeah, I forgot about the Euro-Fighters and Intamin hypers and the other rides...
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011 edited

Alright i changed it from the heart-line and added the decent out of the turn.

I kind of want an immelman after the pop up but what do you guys think. If you didn't already know the start of this ride is handbuilt and the rest will be newton.
    (I'm not showing the editor until about 40% percent of the ride is completely ready.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3

Fine... Here's a picture of what it's looking like so far.

that launch cant be that fast if the banking is that less at the top of that helix? whats the speed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3

The launch is 50mph.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2011

Sorry for double posting but what do you think of the supports for the barrel roll.

• CommentAuthorryan09
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2011

that looks really nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2011

I have added a turn around that will hopefully go into an element.

I would go for a dive loop or another heartline roll.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011

What do you guys think of this color?? I don't want blue and white because i already have to many blue coasters.

•  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2011

I like the colors
    I like it so far, my only concern is that the track dips into the ground in the background of the picture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011

I have fixed the track touching the ground and im working on trying to make a dive loop.

The last picture is suppost to lead into a dive loop but considering im new to newton im having trouble making one.
    Why don't you look at Entropy's tutorials how to make dive loops?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011

This layout looks really spread out, can we see a birds eye view?
    Eurofighter's are more twisted together, but hey, there could easily be a reason for a more spread one like dis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011

Here's a birds eye view.

I promise after i make the dive-loop it will look alot twistier.
    I don't recomend ever mixing handbuilding with newton, even on flat tracks. You can run into some problems.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011

Awww, God! I love those colors!
    Bump much?
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011

The hand built part is not bumpy at all, and I see what you mean about problems. On my motorbike, solstice I ran into a small problem connecting the brake segment with the station but it was easily fixed.
    ^he means JAKool "bumped" this thread after there hasn't been a post since august 23.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011

Alright... I have an update. This idea was abandon but then converted into a ride I was already making. The new ride and layout is an Intamin LSM that is longer than usual and has an mcbr. I've been playing around with newton and finally made my first looping elements. So here you go.. (NOTE: This is my first 'Intamin' LSM)

Overview:

Overview in Newton:
    You have lats during the elements and didn't bother to change the lats back to 0. And may we have a better picture of the corkscrews?
    How did you get the newton environment?
    ^Here you are. Third one down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnonymous
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011

^ That rocked!

•  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011

Hey guys! Im here with an update! With so many ideas and projects in my head I couldnt focus on this ride, but I finally have an update. I tried a finished layout, but it sucked really bad so I totally re-did the ending. I ripped out the mcbr and put in a "TWISTY"! Basically around the station it has begun to look like a spaghetti bowl. Here are a few pics to show the updated area.

Twisty!

I've read your concerns about the lats but there only around .000-- .250. I may need a few ideas about finishing the ride.. I haven't uploaded a ride in awhile and I really need to.
    While I like the layout, I just don't think it fits well. The second half looks un-inspired and drawn out.
    Posted By: p0wn4g3"TWISTY"!

DC isn't going to like that.

Looks ok, but I don't like the shaping of your second cork and the second half looks thrown together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011

Sorry DC... I'm sure everyone on here is annoyed of Alvey at times.. The first inversion is not really a corkscrew but it is like the inversions on Maverick. The second inversion is suppost to be a smaller, faster version of the first. I may have messed up the shape of the inversion after my horrible attempt at finishing the ride, so I will have an update on this ride around night time or tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011

Sorry for double posting, but I have a major update.
    I have completed the layout and started supporting. I like my ending so I'm keeping it the way it is. I've started supporting and have been using a lot of Maverick as the reference pictures. So here you go!

Finished layout-

Here's the camel-back/Airtime hill-

Ending of the ride-
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011

although I like the ride as a whole, I feel that it takes up WAY to much real estate.... I just find it hard to believe a park would be willing to "waste" that much space, unless the areas that are empty around the ride are filled with previous rides or drastic topography changes...
    ^ Yeah, I agree. Unless this ride'll be a terrained coaster, I'd say make it just a -bit- more compact.
    Your Maverick camelback supports look great, but they aren't neccisary for the smaller hill, it just makes them look streched out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorp0wn4g3
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011

So I've slowly been making progress with the supports. The ending area is nearly complete and I replaced the supports on the hill. Supports were also added to the turn near the end.

Hill-

Turn-

Overview of the end area-
    I hope that that long stretched hill is going to give some serious airtime. it looks way to stretched to give any airtime.

your last overbank looks odd. very odd. maybe try to make a different ending part.

your brake run looks seriously oversupported.

it looks like a cool ride but it is a little to stretched. try to incorporate some terraforming/theming.
    ^Like he said that looks over-supported but the supports elsewhere look very good! I cant wait to download this, do you have any certain theme in mind for this coaster?