Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2014

Will there be some sort of netting or protective covering over the gates to prevent riders from throwing things at the guests in queue?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2014 edited

^^^ + ^^ Ok, I will change that. Thanks!
    ^I'm planning to add a net over the queue in the station.

Sooo ... no update today because I've been working on a video for a few days (not about Mystery Park, but RL rollercoasters - more precisely Europa-Park). After six hours of work it's finally finished, though - go watch it here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2014

... and it's almost done! Besides the loop supports this coaster is fully supported after nearly 3 years - finally! :')

However, I'm planning to add support scenery, so it's far away from release, but at least the coaster part is done. I need your advice on the dive loop, right now I removed some roll points so you aren't fully upside down at the top and it feels a lot smoother. But it now pulls 1 g lateral on the left side of the front row (0.6 g right) for a very short moment (about half a second) where the topmost support connects to the track. Would that be still acceptable?

Does someone like to test the supports and possibly the dive loop part in question?

Anyway, I know you want to take a look at some pictures:

Immelhill supports, and a massive spine

Dive Loop (new version)

Zero-G half roll (or half Zero-G roll? :P)

Overbank and airtime hill

Helix of death

MCBR and more ...

Overview
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Looks pretty cool. A few comments on the supports since you asked for it:

1st picture - I would remove the flanges close to the footers, you don't see this on real B&M's. Why spend extra money on flanges when you can make the support a foot longer and connect it directly to the footer?

4th picture - Again I would remove the flanges on the smallest supports. See this picture for reference
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

I'll test, once again (I feel like I've tested this coaster quite a few times, although it keeps looking better and better).
    why is it the helix of death?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014 edited

Well, time for a small update - sorry if anyone's disappointed. It looks like Mysteryland and Aero got some company. No promises when I'm going to finish this one, though (there's still an X-Car awaiting to be supported haha).

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014

HA, it was about time before someone made an inverted wing-coaster drop "with a twist" (literally)! :D
    I'm not a big fan of the colors, though. Depending on what you planned for the supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2014

Haha, thanks. Those colours aren't 100 % final, but it should look similar to a Bateleur, which will also be the name of the coaster. Maybe I'll just add some yellow and gray somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

Just had a little fun playing around with a possible layout. What do you think?

Oh, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! :)

First Drop

Half Demonic Knot

Zero-G roll

Non-inverting Immelmann (apparently my favorite element)

Weird roll-thingy

A rather relaxing force-less part

"Stretched corkscrew"
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

Hey, I hope everyone enjoyed their party on New Year's Eve.

I think I found a reasonable way to end this ride. This might be the last update for a while since the next task is to build supports, and there is still an X-Car waiting for them ... ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Posted By: baadrixenjoyed their party

I was up all night playing Cluedo and Guess Who. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

^i got off with a sofa
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

I need a break from Maurer supports ...

While I liked the layout I wasn't a huge fan of how some elements of the last version were shaped (just look at the half demonic knot, ugh). But I had an idea: Since Mysteryland turned out so well as a "community-advised" coaster I decided to the same with Bateleur.

So ... any feedback is appreciated! I'm open for suggestions.

I love the color scheme of the coasters ^_^ they also seem to have some pretty good layouts. Nice job on it ^_^
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

Maybe it's the angle, but the corkscrew after the immelman doesn't look drawn out enough on the side farther from the immelman. Maybe I'm wrong tho.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^^Thanks a lot! :)

^Thanks for the feedback. I get what you mean - and I agree - but the corkscrew is likely to change anyway.

I wasn't quite happy with the shaping of the half demonic knot, this is one tricky element I can tell. I decided to redo this element, and now I need your opinions on this: Which shaping do you prefer? White or black track? Any tips on how to improve the shaping even more are welcome.

•  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

^Looks to me like the black track will pull better forces throughout. I like how it is more compact but its tough to tell without other parts of the ride for scale.
    White
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015 edited

Lol, so I still don't know which version I should take. To make it more complicated I've added a third version, too (green = white, red = black, yellow is the new track). If you need other angles or a picture without other tracks please tell me. Either vote here or leave a comment below. Thanks in advance! :)

For comparison with the other elements (maximum height is 40 m).
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015 edited

I would personally go for the green, as wing rider elements are usually more drawn out, however for some reason i like the shaping of the yellow track more.

EDIT: is the clearance safe on the yellow track? seems a bit close as it passes the entrance to the element.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015

:( I still like Red/Black
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

The yellow would be great if you are going into the other half of the demonic knot, but seeing as it is only half of it, I vote for green.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

i say red
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015

Ok, green is it then. Thanks for your input, guys!

I've been working a bit on the following elements. Since a loop producing armchoppers (?) at the speed hill didn't work out because the coaster being too small I made a zero-g roll and a helix wrapping around the speed hill. What do you think? I'm also open for suggestions, ideas and feedback in general. In case I stay with this version - which depends on how much you like the current one - what do you think should come next?

Wow looks really really good :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015

Thanks! Glad you like it. :)

•  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Loving those colors! Though, not sure on the type of wear you've got it set on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It's kind of sad to see a B&M in such a bad condition.
    I love the little descending s-turn after the heartline roll, that's a nice touch. Great layout. ;)
    I really like the layout you have right now! It's different from all the others, yet it still screams "Wing Coaster" to me.

And I think the type of wear was chosen to emulate the Nemesis Effect. Coming to Chessington World of Adventures in 2016 - Nemesis Cheese? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015

Thank you, guys! It means a lot to me.

Honestly, I was just playing around with the colours and the amount of wear to make it look different from your standard newly built shiny track. ;)
    If you have any suggestions for a good name which fits those colours (and also kinda the park name) I could definitely be convinced of changing it and leave it "as is". Luis, while I agree with you on the "Nemesis effect" I'm not quite sure whether I should keep the wear this way. Maybe I'll reduce it to "worn", but it also sort of depends on the name.

Does anyone like to test this coaster? Forces should be in check, but you know - two heads are better than one. Maybe you'll find something I've overlooked.
    ^Would love to test it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Those colors remind me of a bumble bee. Not sure if that can be put into a park theme, but it looks a lot like a bumble bee themed coaster to me!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I would love to test this wingerider.
    It'd be better if you spelt it correctly.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Dayum Girl, throwing it down
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015

@lamewad: Sorry, but I've kinda done that before with Honeycomb Cruiser (see here). :P
    Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

Any other ideas by any chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015

The only other thing I can think of is giving the yellow a bit more green and theme it to a toxic waste site. haha