Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011 edited

We have a photography thread that is running very well, but we don't have a videography/video editing thread yet...until now! Among my other hobbies, I've found that I enjoy editing videos together. Working on NoLimits has given me the opportunity to try my hand out at editing some official projects, and I enjoyed the process so much that I started doing my own projects for fun. Ultimately the effort that goes into creating a video is wasted if the video is not shown to people, so I started this thread for all of us who are into video editing and making music videos to post efforts for comments and critiques.

This is one of my first efforts, shot at the 2007 LA fair on my last digital camera. The camera could only do 640x480, and the memory card at the time only allowed 17 minutes of footage. Additionally, the camera only did digital zoom while filming. Still I got some good shots and produced a pretty good video. I was still learning the video editing software which is why the final video has black bars on the side. Here is my first effort!

2007 LA County Fair Video

My most recent video was an experiment in night shooting with my current camera. My current camera offers many enhancements from my last camera. I can shoot in 720p now and have a 14x optical zoom available while filming. I also have a much larger SD card. At the time of this video I hadn't noticed the exposure lock option, so sometimes the camera decided to over expose the footage, resulting in bright lights casting large vertical bands of light. I could not edit around those, but still ended up with a lot of interesting footage to use. Here's my most recent video:

2010 Ventura County Fair Video

Due to YouTube copyright issues, this videos won't play in Germany because of the music. I picked songs I like, and don't make any money off of these, but because I don't have official permission from the bands (or their record labels) to use the music, YouTube has to block in some countries. For my friends in Germany, I've got both of these videos posted at Theme Park Review as well. The flash video player there may mess up the audio/video sync, but you can download the original files and see the full quality.

That was a long post, huh? Well hopefully it works for a new topic for everyone! I'd like feedback on my videos, and would like to see other people's efforts at creative videos. They can be music videos, or just some interesting footage you shot that is artistic in some way (and not just how you spent your summer vacation or a POV you shot on some ride).

Enjoy, and post those videos!

-Ride_Op

P.S.
    I shot additional footage at this year's Ventura Fair during the day, and have recorded around 5 hours of footage at SFMM for big video project. Coming soon...by the end of the year.
    That 2010 video is actually very good, i loved the start and end and everything inbetween. Very well shot and put together. What camera and software do you use?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011

Thank you! I am shooting video with my Canon SX 210, and I edit in Sony Vegas 10.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

Whew, this topic got dusty in a hurry!

After being totally blown away by the ride, I decided to mix video footage shot with my Canon 60D with the park's official b-roll footage (used with permission) to make this music montage video for Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK:

Superman Ultimate Flight Video

My footage is easy to pick out, as it's the footage that needs a tripod (or at least a monopod). This was my first shooting of video with the new camera gear. I've got a lot of stuff to get used to and better with. Still I had just barely enough footage to fill out the video. Enjoy!

-Ride_Op
    That looks very good, Ride_op! I look forward to any more possible coaster videos. ;)
    Hey Tom :P

Anyways, I'm debating on whether to post some of my skateboarding productions, even though they're not roller coaster related. I use a Toshiba Camelio H30, w/ Sony Vegas
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

Go for it. I intended this topic to be the video version of the photography topic. Feel free to share your creations of moving pictures!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012

A while ago (12th of july) a visited Walibi Holland for the first time in three years. I'd shot some footage and just today I finally found the time to edit a short music video. I didn't have as much footage as I'd liked, but still enough to make the video of 'decent' length.

Click her for the video!

This was one of the many school projects I made for Digital Media Design, it's a Kinetic Lyrics clip for Owl City's "Good Time"

clicky :D

•  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013

Great job on that. Question from someone who has never gotten to use After Effects before: How long does that take to make, and about how easy is it to do?
    I wish I had After Effects. :(
    Posted By: rcrider4Great job on that. Question from someone who has never gotten to use After Effects before: How long does that take to make, and about how easy is it to do?

Well because we were learning the fundamentals of the program as we were making it, it took about a month, because of Hurricane Sandy creating a week off, and the class is only an hour long. It wasn't too hard to make, as it was just text with a 3d camera.

Posted By: AJClarke0912I wish I had After Effects. :(

I don't either, it's my school's
    I've got it, and premier pro... really should use them more.
    If you have knowledge of photoshop a lot of the techniques are transferable, if you dont it'll take longer. I've used AE for about 4 years and it took me a good half a year to get a decent grasp on its full capabilities. Luckily there are many tutorials, such a those from Andrew Kramer at video copilot, which are very helpful. You are going to want quite a few of the plugins for it as well, a very large amount of what people see done with AE is done with 3rd party aid. I personally have about 8 plugin "packs" that I use.
    Posted By: ThrillsEntertainment Andrew Kramer at video copilot

Funny, my teacher actually made us watch a few of those, they're very informative. I'm in the process of getting AE, but it sometimes crashes my computer.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2013

What with the recent snow we have had here in the UK me and a few friends decided to go out and make the most of it at a local national trust park called Alderley Edge. Naturally I took the camera hoping to catch some hilarious antics so here is the video from the day. I originally uploaded the video to YouTube but it kept getting blocked and deleted due to music copyright... so much for fair use these days.

So here it is on Vimeo

Alderley Edge Winter 2013 from David Ainsworth on Vimeo.

^ Very nicely arranged, I like it. In a bit I'll try to get a link to something I made just to add to the discussion...
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2013

Thanks LaunchTower, I think this thread has a lot of potential! We need to all get filming!

BTW I do have a YouTube channel so if you would like to see all my other videos visit:

My YouTube Channel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLaunchTower
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013 edited

My Harlem Shake Video

I'm the one holding the speaker

•  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013

I got the opportunity to visit Alton Towers today. The weather was miserable but I still managed to get some decent shots and put them together in to this short music video:

Alton Towers - March 2013
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Are you running the Nemesis footage in slow-mo? It really looks like it's dragging along. Also, how wet do you get on the rapids?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Depends on where you sit and the luck of the boat spinning really. I've gone on a day where I've not had a single splash on me, whereas others in the boat have all got drenched. And I've been where I've been the only person to get drenched.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

some of the footage is slow motion and some is original speed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

It's really well put together and edited. You can convey the sense of fun. I find a lot of park videos are just shot after shot of rides, yours is personal and makes you want to go.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: djd711some of the footage is slow motion and some is original speed.

Oh, okay. I was worried the coaster everyone raves about has gotten slow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013

Posted By: LaunchTower

My Harlem Shake Video

I'm the one holding the speaker

*g* Our version

I made a tiny edit for the coming of Spring filming the plants in my yard. And hey, who doesn't like the soundtrack to it? (;

"Spring is Coming"

•  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2013

I recently had a trip to Alton Towers and made a punchy little music video. Sadly it seems to be getting a bit of a battering in the dislikes area for some reason....I thought it was a good edit!

Alton Towers June 2013 (Music Video)
    •  
      CommentAuthorIMG Rides
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013

I did two videos so far of my Cedar Point visits, none of the coasters yet because I need to go again and get more offride footage. But I did do a timelapse of most of the queue for Gatekeeper with some offride clips thrown in at the end and I have the race we did to Gatekeeper in the morning to be one of the firsts in line to ride.

But like I said, I need more footage to put together a real video of the park (showcasing the coasters and what not). I already have a folder of about 30 short clips of offride footage and I need about 50 to make a 3-to-4 minute video. Since I don't know how to hyperlink, I'll just have to paste the links here.

Queue time-lapse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYtay_-IBg

Gatekeeper race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OpbsoiaUk (Don't worry, my other videos won't have as many flashes.)
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013

Here is a 35 minute trip video from my most recent trip to Alton Towers with original audio. I show the majority of the rides and there is plenty to be said by me in this one! Enjoy and please remember to like and comment.

Alton Towers Trip - Full 35 min

Nice video Dave!

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2013

I'm jealous of everyone who has had the chance to ride The Smiler. It looks like the best ride to open since 2008 (X2 of course).
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2013 edited

A video that me and my two friends filmed at around 3am the other morning. It's a corny horror movie about two friends locked in a room with a computer who has a mind of it's own. I edited the video earlier today, and it's definitely some of my better sound editing, but definitely NOT the best filming. Have fun watching it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FH5z_yXrVs
    ^ That was pretty good! Yes, the filming could have been less shaky, but the music was good, and it got my heart pounding!

The only thing was that I was expecting a bigger jump-scare somewhere though. The ending was good though, and the plot was believe-able to an extent!
    Thanks, LaunchTower! It was just something we whipped up on an impulse, so not much effort was put into the story, or anything else for that matter haha. It came out better than expected though, so I thought I'd share it! I didn't even think of having a big jump-scare, that would've been a good idea.

Here is my National Dance Day Mix! Recorded with a Sony Alpha 58, Camtasia Studio, and bounced from Deckadance 2. I use a Behringer CMD Studio 4a, and the tracklist is in the description of the video!

I worked really hard this, so I would appreciate a view! Thanks! :D

LA Hall National Dance Day Mix 2013

• CommentAuthorGriffonluv
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013

May not be everyones cup of tea, but if you guys would check out our channel, it'd be greatly appreciated. We've recently started up a small-time production group videoing automotive events throughout the country and we're trying to get our work out.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvLaRcvwQq4RCX-ER_zEG5w
    I developed feelings for a wooden doll in my house, and this was the result.

The Ballad of Joe and Marie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2kA2pFlAA
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013

^ Dude, that was weird and cool at the same time! =D Love the dance moves.

Yesterday I went skydiving for the first time. They gave us a very cool short movie (6 min.) but I asked for the rushes to make my own: Here's my jump!
    • CommentAuthorcjman87
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013 edited

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and I saw this discussion that intrigued me since I have been trying to dabble in the film world or what have you. I recently made a mix video of the most frequent parks I attend and I thought it turned our pretty nice. Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://youtu.be/4LJL3qUw3bk

Side note: Ignore the other videos on my channel.
    ^We have a post your music thread; I'd love to hear what you've made :)
    • CommentAuthorcjman87
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013 edited

I saw that and thought about posting there as well.
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

I made a new video last night. It's not amazing, but I feel like my skills are starting to get somewhere. Check it out here.
    • CommentAuthorryan09
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Hi. I would like to start making videos of my rides so I was wondering what video editor do you use?
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Sony Vegas
    I use a mixture of Sony Vegas, and Adobe After Effects
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013

lol guyz i use imovie im so swagyolo
    Sony Vegas is good by itself, and then you add After Effects to it and you are pro.

also, imovie is garbage lel.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013

^Yes it is. But it was the only crap we got in Junior High Video Production. At least in High School Vid. Prod. we get to use Final Cut for the second semester.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013 edited

I might have forgotten to post my Heide-Park video here when I made it..... better late than never (Is that even a correct English saying or is it extremely Dutch lol)

CLICKY --> Heide Park Soltau 2013 [HD]