Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited

25 different rocks for you to use with NoLimits!

The first of (hopefully) many downloadable .3ds objects for you to use with NoLimits. This one is a pack of 5 sets with 5 rocks in each set.
    Keep in mind that Rock 3 and Rock 4 is more high-poly (higher polygon count) than the rest of the rocks, meaning that they'll use more computer power than the other rocks. Feel free to include these rocks in your track packages. There's also no need for you to credit me for these rocks whenever using them, just don't ever claim to have made them yourself. Also, don't forget you can easily create your own rock type. More information on that further down this page.

Have fun with these rocks and look out for more downloadable ".3ds objects" to come!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!
    (Alternative link)
    (Alternative link 2)

Make your own rock set:
    1. Duplicate any of the existing rock sets (for instance "Gray Rocks", "Icy Rocks" etc).
    2. Rename this folder (the one you just duplicated) to whatever you want your Rock set to be called (for instance "My Rock set".
    3. Grab a texture.
    5. Make sure the texture is a jpeg image (with the extension .jpg)
    4. Make sure this texture is tileable.
    5. Make sure the texture has a width and height which is the power of 2. For instance 128px * 128px, 256x256 etc. (512x512 pixels is the resolution I used).
    6. Open the folder you created and renamed earlier.
    7. Replace the file called "tex.jpg" with your texture
    8. You can now use your own Rock set with NoLimits like you've used any of the other rock sets!

If you would like to share your own rock set with others:
    1. Make a new, empty NoLimits project.
    2. Place all of the rocks from your set into the scene (your NoLimits project).
    3. Save the NoLimits project as whatever you want your Rock set to be called.
    4. Open up the NoLimits Track Packager. If you do not already have the NoLimits track packager you can download it from here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16602.
    5. Select "File > New" from the menu at the top.
    6. Double-click the NoLimits Project you just created.
    7. Follow the instructions and then name your Track Package to whatever you call your Rock Set. Save it anywhere you want.
    8. Upload the file you just created with the NoLimits track packager and share the link to it with other people!

Install BT Rock Pack 1 on Mac OSX Lion
    1. Navigate to the "objects" folder in your NoLimits directory.
    2. Make a new folder named: "[3ds] Bye Tom's Objects"
    3. Place this zip file in the newly created folder: http://www.4shared.com/file/XMZZ0tTW/BT_-_Rock_Pack_1.html
    4. Unzip the .zip file in this directory.
    5. Control that the different rock sets are to be found in this directories:
    NoLimits Coaster 1.x/objects/[3ds] Bye Tom's Objects/BT Rock Pack 1/
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011 edited

OLD POST:
    I apologize for the double post, but I want only essential information in the first post (upon release I'll edit it to be basically nothing but a quick description of the 3d set as well as one or two pictures of the finished set.

A picture of the pack in its current state:
    Picture

Two old pictures of the set in use I did for a project of mine (though I might as well post them even though I've tweaked the stones a lot since):
    Picture
    Picture
    I think one of the reasons why there aren't many 3Ds available for DL is because most people make their 3Ds specifically for a particular ride they are making, and they either want to keep it as their own IP or the objects probably wouldn't fit into another ride very well.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011

Yeah probably. But I am in no way intending to release ready-made stations or anything like that, but rather small objects (like for instance rocks) for other people to build something of their own. Also, worth noting is that making your own version of these rocks will be as simple as downloading a template and saving a texture in the same folder with the name "tex.jpg". ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLeFLO
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2011

You always need some rocks here and there, great initiative. :)

The stuff you've got here looks quite good. It doesn't seem like it's high-poly but it's "decent"... :)
    That said, because you asked for it, I would suggest considering adding little rocks as well as bigger ones.
    Looks pretty good. :)
    I've always looked for a scenery pack. While I do prefer making my own 3ds most of the time, just for the fact alone that I can say it is entirely my creation, sometimes you just want to throw a quick side project together and call it a day, but having it still look good. Little things like flowers, tall grass, bushes, lilypads, cattails, rocks, etc. You wouldn't think to have much affect on the outcome of the track, but adding little details like these (when low-poly) really bring a track together and make it look great. But for side projects you really don't want to spend a lot of time making flower patches, etc... and I always tried to find a pack containing basic scenery essentials, but never could and resorted to making my own anyways. So something like that oughta be cool, even if it's just rocks.
    Yay! This would have been great on Schizophrenia, although it wouldn't help that I didn't catch a foot-chopping support lol.

Great stuff! I approve. :)
    That first picture blew me away, it looks so realistic! And I like the idea of smaller more custom objects, unlike pre-made stations, which shows that your lazy (or cant make your own).
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011 edited

I know, I should probably be working on finish this, but I'm having way too much fun with this: :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorExplosivo
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011

That is amazing! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2011

Wow, great job!! Looks very realistic!
    There is no word that can explain how amazing those rocks are.
    Sexy rocks and a sexy floorless coaster to boot.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011

The rock pack is now up for download! Thanks for the positive comments as well as feedback! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

Thanks man - great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLeFLO

Reminds me of Shyguy's RCT3 rocks set :) Nice one!
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Yeah, also a little bit inspired by the huge amount of great scenery objects there are to download for RCT3 overall one could say. :)
    Am I the only one getting a download error?
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Are you implying that the link doesn't work or that you're experiencing problems further on? Is there something wrong with the file?

Because the url works for me at least. I'll upload a second mirror for you though, might be needed anyways in case I'd run out of bandwidth on FileDen.
    Posted By: Bye TomAre you implying that the link doesn't work

Yes, the link does not work.

"Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data."

"Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Hmm, strange. Anyhow, I updated the first post with an alternative link for you :)
    I love the 5 types. Really helps add to the theme of the ride. Very nice...can't wait to see what other goodies you make next!
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011 edited

The people at CoasterCrazy was nice enough to host the download on their servers, so now the link is a fully working direct download! No more ads! :)
    I downloaded but when I try to open up the 3Ds in NoLimits it says, "The scene object cannot be loaded". So, what do I do?
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011

No idea, I haven't heard of anyone with the same problem yet. I guess you could try to redownload it and install it again. Otherwise you could try to install it manually with the .zip I posted for Mac OSX Lion users.
    ^^ Nolimits will give you that problem if the 3ds objects are not in the objects folder.
    I am extremely sorry for the bump, but when I downloaded this, I opened it in the track packager and it went to the simulator. But how do I get around putting it in the editor, so I can place the rocks in my coasters?
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012 edited

Track Packager put all of the included files into your 3Ds folder.
    Oh I see, thanks alot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

The link seems to be broken. Can someone e-mail me the rock pack?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Yeah, same with me. Can someone make an alternate download for it?
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Sorry guys, seems like Coastercrazy (which are hosting the pack for me) have had some sort of problem. Anyhow, I added an alternate link to the first post for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012

Posted By: Bye TomI added an alternate link to the first post for you.

• CommentAuthorBye Tom

Alright then.. there are now 2 Alternative Links.
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorJames.112
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017 edited

Help! please help i download this file then open no limits 2 and i cant find it in my documents. how do i get this onto no limits? please answer
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017

Maybe it's in your downloads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2017 edited

I do believe this was for NL1 so you might have to do extra stuff like assign the objects to nl2sco's