Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Im making sohne sky-loop but i have a question on the supports...on the vertical lift do i use all steel beams or do i use tubes and steal beams?

like this:
    http://maurer-rides.com/x-coaster/skyloop/xt_150/
    Both, verticals look like they're thicker (round) tubes while horizontals and angled ones look more like H-beams. A closer picture of it would probably be better to go off of.
    ^ k thanks!
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011 edited

The vertical and horizontal elements are H-beams (I beams, W beams, etc...) and the diagonal bracing is L-beams (angles). This is the typical design for steel buildings. if you RCDB search for Abismo, there are plenty of high resolution photos to work from.

EDIT: I should say that the NL sizing for these beams is horrible, so your coaster might no look that good using this setup in NL. It might aesthetically be better to use round columns for the verticals (and maybe horizontals) instead of H-beams as A.S. said above.\

EDIT again: looking at the pictures a little more carefully, it appears to be double angles along the diagonal.