Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Well, as the titles says, me & Brett-Jones are finally collaborating. I've done the track work, Brett's supporting (obviously) then i'm gonna mash up some 3D's. Plus we are both sharing everything else in between.

We pronounce this ride, Pathogen:

Photobucket

The theme goes that it's a Hydro-dam Massacre where all the workers were killed and vanished by a water/air born virus. Imagine creepy damn buildings and stuff. The ride is a B&M Floor-less heavily based on Hair Raiser, took me forever to get the drop just-right, but damn (no pun intended) do i love it.

I doubt this will be a fast mover, expect a release late jan/feb.

Photobucket
    Sounds cool cant wait to see pics.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2011

What happened with Harbinger?
    ^ third time ive read that today alone :P

i may post some sneaky pictures later on.
    I love the name, this is going to be an awesome project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I'm very excited. Two of the most talented builders make a collab. :D
    Okay guys.

the track work as been said, is already done, its now being supported... but its not supporting the ride... :P the actual blades will be done later in 3D just to add that extra realism to this coaster! but for the moment i am doing very detailed connectors for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
    ^ Looking good so far guys. I think you should try and make the water a disgusting shade of green. But I trust you guys will think of something cool! Anyways, good luck and the supports and drop look great.

And a happy new year to you too!
    Just saying, this topic is in Ticket Office. Looks good so far though! The first drop reminds me of a B&M invert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoaster Hero
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2011 edited

^ That would be pretty cool! This may be stupid but you should change the sky color to a deep red or something. It would make the experience more... "powerful".

And also, Happy new year to all! Hopefully, it will be the year of No limits coasters!

EDIT: Wrong catagory. It should be in the engineer's warehouse not the ticket office :)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Wait, Archy and Brett!!?? All you need is LeFlo on and you'll have the universe's most amazing virtual ride in the universe. (Yeah, I said universe twice.)
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2011 edited

Oh...My...God! This is by far the best supports made out of supports that I've ever seen! (Haha.)

Also, I have to second that "Happy New Year"...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Brett-Jones's name is causing me undue confusion, damnit. (my real name is what everyone calls him)

Anyway. I think the color of the natural water should remain normal. If you have polluted sections, make them out of 3DS, so that there is that contrast. You want attention to center on the dam, not the entire map. Supports look really really awesome.
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanJust saying, this topic is in Ticket Office. Looks good so far though! The first drop reminds me of a B&M invert.

a) I was on the main forum page and just hit "start new topic", sorry didn't think twice about where it would end up i never go through categories on this site.

b) It is some what like an invert drop, you're right. But what it is like is Hair Raiser [facts] [drop shot], i rode the POV a thousand times to get this drop just-right. I trust you'll like it once ridden, this is my best track work ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012 edited

Posted By: LingBrett-Jones's name is causing me undue confusion, damnit. (my real name is what everyone calls him)

are you saying your name is also Brett? XD if so WOW :P

thanks fr the compliments on the supports guys! these are probably the most detailed i have done on an entire coaster before.

EDIT: while im working, thought i would show you guys the amount of work and nodes going into just one of the connectors, this is one of the easier ones :P might give you an idea of how i get them done as well, although i don't rally tell anyone :P mwahahaha

Photobucket
    Wow Brett, just wow, the whole project is truly amazing guys, congrats!
    ^ How does that not make you crazy after like 4 supports? I hate making the pre-made nolimits supports, so I either get someone to do it for me, or make 3ds supports.

...And Archy, you should make an Intamin coaster with those square supports. You would be one of the only people on the NLE who could really pull a good one off!
    ^ I have supported pretty much the whole thing in less than a day, im getting pretty fast now :P and i like to do it as its something that not many people have the patience or skill to do, so to make better and better supports to prove to people that you dont need fancy 3D's and construction kit to make things just amazing.
    Posted By: Brett-Jones^ I have supported pretty much the whole thing in less than a day, im getting pretty fast now :P and i like to do it as its something that not many people have the patience or skill to do, so to make better and better supports to prove to people that you dont need fancy 3D's and construction kit to make things just amazing.

And you've succeeded in impressing me and the rest of NLE. But yes, the only thing that really makes me mad is that you can't place supports in 3d mode
    Posted By: LaunchTower^ How does that not make you crazy after like 4 supports? I hate making the pre-made nolimits supports, so I either get someone to do it for me, or make 3ds supports.

...And Archy, you should make an Intamin coaster with those square supports. You would be one of the only people on the NLE who could really pull a good one off!

A113's I305?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLeFLO

Posted By: LaunchTower...And Archy, you should make an Intamin coaster with those square supports. You would be one of the only people on the NLE who could really pull a good one off!

LBosch's Metronome?
    Coasterdude' Shift?
    (I's Black Hawk? :3)

EDIT: we should definitely learn to read.

Supports look good as for now; can't wait to see more about the layout though. :)
    But Brett, you realize that using 3DS track connectors would have been much faster/easier, don't you? Yet I appreciate the initiative of proving how supports are enough to make amazing things, it's quite a waste of time in my opinion but if you have plenty of time it's ok. :P
    Posted By: LaunchTowerone of the only people

Note the "one"
    That is true 3DS would be quicker and easier... but also anyone could do it... :P haha

UPDATE: supports are 95% done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    ^ I am really liking the looks of that. I think it will be a very fun ride and I cant wait to see the theming in place.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Definitely see the Hair Raiser influence in this. That last turn into the brakes looks pretty newtoned, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012

My god, the shaping looks amazing. And I disagree with bigjoe there, I think that turnaround looks fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2012

Wait... Why aren't you putting the connectors attached to the track?
    ^ if you read, they will be added via 3DS latter on to add more realism.
    The one support on the diveloop looks like it might be within riders' reach when on the brakerun. Otherwise it looks amazing, and the final turn looks fine.
    my two favorite angles now Bretts supports are nearly done:

Photobucket

Photobucket
    i need to sort out how i can get high quality pictures like that... XD
    Want a free video when you're done? ;)

Looks great guys, glad you dropped me Archy (literally...nothing was happening at that moment). Looks great!
    Work in Progress...

Photobucket

Photobucket
    The car textures look so real. Really nice!
    I love the old look you gave the track, looks amazing.
    These cartextures are absolutly amazing! Nice job!
    Sorry, but I have to point out that the textures remind me of an A-Wing:
    Photobucket

Anyhow, this ride is looking amazing! The only problem I can currently see is that your lift hill supports look a bit off, as in not very B&M. They don't really resemble Hair Raiser (I thought to check that, with the ride being based off of it), or any B&M that I've payed attention to. Is there a certain ride that gave you the inspiration for them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012

I like the theme for the ride! Layout wise - it looks interesting. Definitely unique for a B&M.
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

Haha, at this rate it seems like this coaster might get released tomorrow. It looks amazing so far. The layout is superb, the supports look realistic, and the car textures are sick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

3DS take a long time :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Is there any reason for the second zero-g roll support to be inclined?

Otherwise, the Immelman/diveloop element looks incredible, great job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Posted By: KingRCT3Is there any reason for the second zero-g roll support to be inclined?

I don't see what you mean.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

Posted By: Brett-Jones^ if you read, they will be added via 3DS latter on to add more realism.

Hmmm, I missed that :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3Is there any reason for the second zero-g roll support to be inclined?

mostly because i just felt like it :P and because the turn into the station is fairly close to that support.

Glad you guys like the car texture! its so hard to make a floor less one XD its taken ages haha

EDIT: heres a little update on that, ive almost finished it.

Photobucket
    Started 3D's.
    • CommentAuthorI305

^ No pictures?
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

If he just started. He has nothing to take pictures of. Unless he's gotten enough work done.
    as archy just left you hanging in mid air with "started 3D's" (which may i add are looking great so far)

Thought i would let you in on something else, while im sat here board all night :P...

Photobucket
    I see wood, and a hot environment.
    The environment in conjunction with the track colors really helps justify the name. It fits. "War of the Worlds"-ey in a way.

btw am I crazy or have I seen that woody in the background somewhere before?