Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Dear forum members,

We've experienced a decline in a post quality over the last few weeks (mainly coming from a few users) and after ignoring our warnings, they've still posted rubbish. 4 users were banned today and another 2 we are keeping an eye on. I'm not going to name names, but you can figure out who disappeared for yourselves.

PS: I wouldn't normally post about us banning users, but I know a few forum regulars were getting annoyed and I thought it'd be nice to let them know we're sorting it out.

Kind Regards,
    -Mathew Davies.

Glad things are getting sorted out, but it's sad to see what is happening to what used to be a peaceful spam free forum.
    good to see things back to NLE style! debatable discussion, intelligent comments, and friendly atmosphere :)

That's a symptom of getting popular I'm afraid. When the website was "peaceful" we had less users so it was more controlled. That combined with the fact I don't like to be too strict with rules means it can get out of hand at times.

Thanks Matt, this was getting kind of out of hand.
    Thanks Mathew, greatly appreciated! Can't say they weren't warned... had it coming.
    Thank you such much. maybe finally my thread wont be pushed down all the way down in just one day by unmeeded crap and I will enjoy posing my rides again.
    Posted By: kostersevgili101k you such much. maybe finally my thread wont be pushed down all the way down in just one day by unmeeded crap and I will enjoy posing my rides again.

I will try and find a plugin for the message board which excludes certain categories from the front page. This way off-topic posts wont drown out the posts relating to the website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012

Thanks man! I've always enjoyed this website (definitely the best No Limits website around) but was getting worried these past couple of weeks. Thanks again for fixing the problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2012

I agree with others, the forums have been cluttered with spam lately. I used to look at every thread. Now I just look at 1-2 threads evertime I visit because most are not related to Nolimits/amusement industry. Now that these members are banned, I'm sure it will clear the forums up a lot. Thanks Mathew!
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2012

Theyre on to me!

No seriously, nice job moderating guys. but I had to find a picture since that's the first thing I thought of.
    • CommentAuthorRideOnKI
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012

Someone ban me please
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012 edited

Posted By: RideOnKISomeone ban me please

You don't need to be banned, by saying that you clearly don't want to be here anyway. All it takes is to not visit the forum...
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012

Posted By: RideOnKISomeone ban me please

Someone please ban him...

Jk. I don't understand why you just don't visit...
    • CommentAuthorRideOnKI

ban me ban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me ban me ban me
    ban me ban me

ban me ban me ban mban me e banban me fhjgjgf ban me me bban me n me ban mban ban me me e afsdfsafdsafsadfsadfasf

ban me ban me ban me bban ban me me anban me me ban meban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me ban mban me e banban me fhjgjgf ban me me bban me n me ban mban ban me me e afsdfsafdsafsadfsadfasf

ban me ban me ban me bban ban me me anban me me ban meban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me
    ban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban me ban meban me
    ban me ban me ban me ban meban me ban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me ban me bban ban me me anban me me ban me
    ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me
    ban me ban me ban me ban meban me ban me ban me ban me ban meban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me ban me bban ban me me anban me me ban medsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me

ban me ban me

• CommentAuthorA113

Dude, what is wrong with you? Seriously.
    • CommentAuthorRideOnKI

I want banned really badly because Im sick of being treated like crap on here.

Did you lose California Screamin?
    • CommentAuthorA113

I don't know what makes you say that, I'm not seeing it. I think you're just overthinking it, no need to fuss over about it. You're okay.
    ^^ Truth be told it's technically your fault that you're being "treated like crap".
    Posted By: RideOnKIIm sick of being treated like crap on here.

This is exactly why you seem to be treated like crap, I'm sure none of us want to go off on you or anything.

Just remember that this was all brought up by yourself.
    • CommentAuthorRideOnKI

I know. Get me banned, I want off this site.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Still doesn't really make sense, you're over-dramatizing a non-existent dilemma. If you don't really want to deal with people on here anymore, it's just as simple as not visiting anymore. You're just making it hard on yourself, you don't need to do that.
    • CommentAuthorRideOnKI

Oh. A113, did you lose California Screamin?
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

Are you Cool5??? That would be funny^^
    ^lol I guess someone else was thinking it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSokoban

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Ibanez</cite>Are you Cool5??? That would be funny^^</blockquote>
    I hope not. cool5 being banned was one reason why I don't visit coastercrazy that much anymore (I don't have an account there, but I did lurk there a lot). It jumped the shark.
    Who was cool5?
    Jet Coaster Fan. I remember he was always talking about (and making references to) his 18,000-foot long Jet Coaster lol. XD

About that guy, why was he banned again?
    Oh, him, well he was an...interesting character to say the least.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

I still have that coaster...
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989About that guy, why was he banned again?

Basically, in a nutshell, excessive stupidity. lol He was always a funny one though, at least he trolled with class, and his jet coasters weren't actually all that bad.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^You have a point there. We'll all miss his random-offtopic ride names. (Not really.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

I think his account is hacked. Doesn't seem like him.
    "His" as in RideOnKI?
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

Yes
    ^you know/knew him?

Also, that kind of makes sense. I mean, he was not listening to anyone at all, he consistently persisted to ban himself, though he could have just not come back. It sounds like someone was trying to get him banned to troll him....
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

Well, he's on another site I'm on (SSCoasters.net, others here are on it too). He's been posting there, nothing unusual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

I just talked to RideOnKI. He said his brother hacked his account and spammed the forums, now he's banned. It was his brother, not him (as I assumed).
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

And this happened the day mr trololo died. Coincidence ? I don't think so.
    such an original story ... if you speak to him again, tell him that he gave me a good laugh.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Yeah. Quite an entertaining story. I have a feeling he just felt like spamming something.
    ^^^^While it can make sense, it's still hard to beleive and we can't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

What in the world happened in the 24 hours I was gone?! Okay, If I ever do anything like this, all of you have the permission to come to my house, ring my doorbell, and when I answer it, slap me across the face, one by one, and then leave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

I'm moderator on the other site I'm on. He has never done anything related to this, and he didn't spam my site at all. If it was actually him, I assume he would spam more than one forum.
    what is happening here? :S

if he hates it so much why is he posting here all the time... is this another NLE meltdown? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

Didn't that DiscoDuck guy blame his cousin or brother when NLE went crazy a few months back? Sure was interesting to watch that unfold yesterday.
    LiMiT

What in the world happened in the 24 hours I was gone?! Okay, If I ever do anything like this, all of you have the permission to come to my house, ring my doorbell, and when I answer it, slap me across the face, one by one, and then leave.

Thank You, that's rather reassuring.

^Yep he sure did, seems to be a popular excuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012 edited

I kinda hate to say this, but a trolling brother of his may have been possible. Why else would he want the account banned so badly if (as stated billions of times) he could simply not visit the site? It seems the trolling relative was trying to get the account banned so the real RideOnKI would not be able to get on.

Either way it's totally a troll. Double posting EVERY TIME (you could see it happening right after people said not to) and an over-the-top "I'm psycho" profile. Whether to unban or not is the question, and unfortunately it may remain as a ban. However the possibility DOES exist that it could have not been the actual guy, instead a trolling but different person.

Oh well lol.
    Yeah, it makes sense, but I digress, if he is concerned about it the real him can always contact a moderator and explain the situation. If they can tell its legitimately a different person/attitude, they could let him rejoin and see what happens from there.
    Yeah I'll have to agree with AJ here. RideOnKI wasn't really such a bad guy until his last day here. He just wanted some files, that's all. The only time he started to go spam mode was when he made his "Flight of Fear Trains" thread, and even then he wasn't going Über-Spam like we saw him do until his last few real posts (that didn't say "Ban Me".) And he also has an account on CC, but he wasn't going ultra-spam there.