Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012

one thing you might want to consider is that on real rides, when the track goes through a scenery building the inside of the building is hollow, that is, the track goes through the outer wall, and then there is an open space inside the building, and then it come out the other wall. there is no tunnel that stays close to the track inside the building. getting rid of some of the 'tunnels' through your buildings might boost your realism a bit.
    • CommentAuthorBenoit
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012

@The_Architect:Thanks for remarking that, I'll redo that part!

@skysaurus: The parts that are in a tunnel now, are the lower parts of the ride, which are supposed to be some kind of sewers, but the upper parts of the building will certainly be hollow!

So, I went over some B&M invert-styles, and I remembered that, when designing the lay-out, I mostly based on Patriot and Phaethon, two B&M's from 2006 and 2007. When looking at some pictures of Phaethon, I mentioned the lack of a real 'snap' in the cobra roll. I don't know if it's particular to the ride itself, but I did the same thing in Alchemy. Since Phaethon and Alchemy are of the same size (both the same top speed of 90 km/h and about 45m tall), I decided to leave the cobra roll as it is.

(source: http://rcdb.com/m/3935.htm?p=20357)

A raw version of the cobra roll.

Let me know what you guys think about it!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012

It also appers that on Phaethon's cobra the roll ends sooner than yours.
    It's like barely off to me; looks fine. I agree you could ever so slightly tighten it but it's up to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2012

The real coaster above definitely has more snap than yours does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2012

the bottom of your cobra looks a bit circular. phaethon (and other cobras) are a bit wider at the bottom and then tighten up as they rise in order to keep g's a bit more consistent.
    Looks like Phaethon has more "hang time" at the midpoint of your cobra roll and a tighter snap.
    • CommentAuthorBenoit
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013

Hi everyone!

After a busy year of school, I decided to pick this ride up since I'm having a long vacation now. I only started on this today, so I only made some scenery adjustments, but I'll be working on it for the next weeks.

As for the cobra roll (which was discussed above), it's still in it's original shape, but I'm doubting to give it more snap.

Note that everything you see, is still a raw version. I'll be giving the buildings and structures some more detail, but I haven't entirely figured out how. So, time for some pictures!

The new tower structure:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some close-ups:

•  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

This is looking beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I remember this project quite well, nice to see it alive again. :)
    It'd be reaaaaally good to see more than just the one texture on your 3ds work.. stone wall textures are pretty easy to find ;)
    • CommentAuthorBenoit

It's no 3DS, it's all made out of catwalks, so other textures are not really an option :-)