Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012 edited

I always wanted to, but never really got the time. Well here it goes, I'm really coasterperson. I know, some of you may be shocked but it's true. To me, something didn't sound right with the username "coasterperson". It just didn't sound right. I'm hoping that some of you understand what I mean by that. For those of you who were probably wondering where coasterperson disappeared off to, this is for you. So, I guess that's it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012

This is so weird in my opinion...
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

While we're at it... I'm Maverick, I used to have a CP prefix in the days of Danimation. But otherwise I'm not someone else pretending to be Maverick. :)
    So now we have two I305's...k.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrandonR

Ugh, Danimation... You just took me way back.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

What's wrong with two I305s? That'd be a heck of a dueling/racing coaster! :)

Posted By: BrandonRUgh, Danimation... You just took me way back.

Hah... Sorry! :-p
    Anyone ever watch Gary and Mike? It's one of my favorite shows...if you haven't seen it, check it out on youtube...but the guys from Danimation did a lot (all?) of the CG scenes. Cool stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Whoah. Whoah whoah whoah. We're talking about Danimation? Where's Ride_Op? This is a nostalgia-fest in the making.

Show of hands - how many people on this site now 'got their start', so to speak, back on Danimation?

Ultracoaster3D anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

Danimation!?! I haven't heard anyone mention that in YEARS!

I remember visiting that place before RCT2 even came out.
    • CommentAuthorA113

On the subject of nostalgia,

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Ah yes, Danimation. Good old Ultra Coaster. Anyone remember those track exchange sites ran by a guy named Tyler? The ones that had multiple epic crashes which deleted all uploaded coasters?

I bought a copy of Disney's Coaster above without owning a computer to play it on! Ah, memories.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I remember my first big "I'm making it!" moment in the internet coaster world was getting my Rock'n'Roller Coaster recreation featured on the Ultra Coaster 3D website.

I made it by staring a pair of boxer shorts that I bought in the R'n'RC gift shop... boxers I bought because they had an isometric drawing of the coaster on it. Pretty sure it was horribly inaccurate.

•  
      CommentAuthorLing

I tried playing Disney coaster, never got it to work for some reason. I started on the scene with the first RCT, moved to Hyper Rails, then Ultimate Ride, RCT2, RCT3, now NoLimits :P Oh, the horrible, horrible things I built to get me where I am.

• CommentAuthorMaverick

I remember a Disney Coaster Demo at a store when I was younger. It was amazing to me how powerful computers were that could run a 3D program like that! :-D Once I got a computer that could run the game, it was only like $5... :-p
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat

So BBSpeed now every time I think of you making a coaster, I will have this slightly disturbing image in my head of you starting down at your underwear while typing numbers into Newton. Just thought you might like to know that.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

HAHAHA! I'm going to have a hard time using Newton now, thanks! :-p
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Only slightly disturbing? I must have looked absolutely ridiculous. I vividly remember pulling at the seams because there were sections of the layout on the boxer fabric that were obscured by the stitching. The thought "if only I were fatter, I could have bought the bigger underwear with more space between the seams!" definitely entered my mind at some point. At the time, it didn't seem nearly as absurd as it does right now as I type it. Man I was a weird little kid.

I assure you that my design methodology has changed... somewhat... since then.