Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012 edited

Well i was wondering if anyone with some experience in 3d work and supports would like to do a collab with me. The coaster is going to be floorless Twisted Steel and is going to have 3ds so if your good at 3ds and maybe supports and would like to join me i would be grateful. thank you.

First of all, welcome to NLE. ;)

I have some experience with 3Ds and quite a bit with supports; but I sadly can't since I have a few rides I'm making right now and I don't really have too much time to work on those alone at the moment.

^ thanks for your intrest and also thank you very much for welcoming me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012

This is probably the single most popular request by new members. And it doesn't really happen. Just letting you know.

^ i no it doesnt really happenive been looking at many forum descussions and i kinda reaied that. lol... but i can build coasters, i have much experience with no limits, newton2, and 3d building. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters

I don't mean to pry but can me see some of your work? Just to get an idea of your level.

^ haha i new someone would ask...im currently working on just the lift and drop of a floorless coaster. im going to support it and then upload some pictures they might not be up today maybe tomarrow night? maybe even friday i take a lot of perfection time and the reason i have to work on another is i recently got a new computer so i lost all my older coaster but it has more space so bigger projects in the future :D
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

You have none of your previous work? Not on any other websites or backup drives or anything?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^^I can do supports, but someone else'll have to do 3ds
    ^^ no i usually dont back up anything on any drives and i just found these websites ( No imits exchange, coaster crazy , etc.) I wish id found them earier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine

Alright so first thing is sorry for the double post but A.S. Coasters wanted me to post a few pictures of a floorless coaster. I decided i would make the beggining of a B&M type floorless coaster ( lift and small part of the drop ) i only supported a section of the lift as seen in the pictures below. The small portion i made are 100% custom made. Here are the pictures if any one would like to join me i would be grateful. thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The coaster from a far distance

Close up on the supports

Another view of the supports
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

The supports look overflanged and a bit wide, and your drop looks like it's made with curved geometry. Not much else to say, because that's all you've given.
    ^ yea i agree with you on the over flanging and its not made with a curved geometry its made with single-zone force segment.
    oh no :P do i see auto flanger... if you made that a theme the supports could look quite futuristic and cool :P
    ^ :p thats what the theme was going to be...post apocolypse i was going to put some 3ds around but i didnt finish them and since this isnt going to be an actual coaster i wasnt going to cram the rest of the 3ds together. :p
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012

Can I see a newton view?
    Posted By: bigjoe97Can I see a newton view?

How? lol
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Take a screenshot with your computer, then open paint and save it.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Print-screen?
    i cant? it doesnt do anything...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Your lift is too shallow and the approach has way too large of a radius.

^ ok ill take that to mind and il shorten the radius thanks for your comment :) but also this isnt about me doing a coaster its about doing a collab with someone...
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

They want you to prove that you are worth their time.
    Posted By: MaverickThey want you to prove that you are worth their time.

oh well thanks for the heads up! :p
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Pressing print-screen copies the image currently on your screen (like pressing Ctrl+C). Open up paint, press Ctrl-V (Paste) and it should show up. Save, upload, link here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012 edited

Newton2 screenshot this is all i have created with the sample coaster.

Another View of the sample coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

I like the straight drop idea, but could you add a little more to your track so we can see what plans you have with this ride?

You could at least give us your layout ideas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine

Posted By: LiMiTI like the straight drop idea, but could you add a little more to your track so we can see what plans you have with this ride?

You could at least give us your layout ideas.

its not a straight drop... and also this is just a sample coaster this is not the coaster i will be working on it will be very cose to this coaster but not the exact same. What do you mean for the actual project?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

I know it's not a straight drop entirely, it banks a bit at the bottom, but most B&M floorless coasters like that have a pre-drop and a curved drop of some sort, so yours is relatively straight compared to others.

And why are you working on this coaster if it's not the one you will be uploading when you're finished?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Why don't you just post what you ACTUALLY intend on making, so that we can comment on that instead of something totally irrelevant that shows us nothing?

•  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine

^^ because many of the forum members want to see my level on no limits coaster building so i put together a coaster in about a days time adn starting doing supports and threw this together in about a days time. so this is for the exchange memebers. Good question.

Posted By: Ling

Why don't you just post what you ACTUALLY intend on making, so that we can comment on that instead of something totally irrelevant that shows us nothing?

Becasue i would like to make this a collab. If i dont get any intrest in the next week then ill do it alone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

Okay, so why don't you use this "sample coaster" as your actual coaster, since you mentioned the real coaster would be similar to this one? It might save you a day's work.

And collab means that one member does the trackwork, then passes it onto another member who does supports, and possibly a third member after that does 3ds. It's not like two people work on the same track, if that's what you mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

You asked in your first post that you were looking to collab with someone who can do supports and 3d's...that has nothing to do with the trackwork.

The only problem with wanting to do a collab first thing you join it that most people want to wait until you have a few rides out, so they know exactly what level you are at, instead of a few pictures.

Posted By: cb0688You asked in your first post that you were looking to collab with someone who can do supports and 3d's...that has nothing to do with the trackwork.

I know it doesnt but alot of people wanted to see my level in no limits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

Hey I see your home-park is Georgia. Are you from the Atlanta area by chance?

And in order to see your level, you really have to complete a track. Us other members don't see much of your creativity with just a lift hill and a few over-flanged supports
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlase-Rhine

OFF TOPIC- ^ yes i actualy am! haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

OFF TOPIC-I'm from North Fulton.
    Ok so what i have decided to do is im going to start working on a small project and hopefully upload it within a month so exchange members can see my level. i will start a forum descussion on the coaster. Thank you so much with all your comments they have helped me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

Just change this thread's name instead of starting a new one. It's better to use an old thread than start a new one.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Thanks, Blaise. You just gave me a REALLY good coaster idea with that drop.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick

Posted By: Blase-Rhine^^ because many of the forum members want to see my level on no limits coaster building so i put together a coaster in about a days time adn starting doing supports and threw this together in about a days time. so this is for the exchange memebers. Good question.

A good builder doesn't mean someone who builds well quickly, it means someone who builds EXACTLY what they intend to build to achieve the desired results.