Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016

Fantastic work! The drop tower POV was awesome!
    ^^^ The drop towers and boat ride are animated yes. The Kontiki isn't though, it's just a static model I made.

^^ There is no flying coaster, you imagined it Togo.
    So an update then!

The newest update to NL* has meant that I have had to fix quite a few broken NLmats throughout the park, which was a feat because I've learnt everything I "know" about NLmats through sheer guesswork and a great deal of trial and error haha. But I think I've fixed most of them now.

Unfortunately Kyle Sloan's trees seem to have also been affected, as seen here:

Before:

After:

I'm not sure what to do to fix them really.

If you look close enough at the after picture, you'll notice new trains! Now with custom Zero Cars:

Mystic Hollow is now nearing completion.

To give a better idea of what the layout looks like, here's a screenshot from Sketchup:

And from underneath, you can see the layout of Crystal River, the boat ride:

Aeris looks like it may need a repaint for Phase 3:

* This isn't meant to sound like a complaint, every update to NL is appreciated.
    +1 for paint fade
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016

Wow, the amount of thought put into this is stunning not to mention the work is amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016

Missed the previous update - love the Sky Jump ride. In particular, the way the "swing out" at the bottom starts right as you approach the I-beam lattice structure is awesome. Gives a nice little face-chopper/oh no I'm about to get impaled sort of effect that helps keep the excitement up that extra second or two longer than if it were just a traditional drop ride.

Lookin' good!
    So it took a few weeks, and a new mainboard, but I've got my laptop back and working. Good news is that I backed up all of my NoLimits2 stuff pretty regularly and nothing from Phase 2 has been lost.

There is a bit of bad news for phase 3 however. All of my Newton2 files are kept in the elements folder of No Limits 1 (easiest way to just export the elements that way), and I hadn't backed any of the No Limits 1 stuff up since my last complete reboot and therefore lost all of the files of a certain phase 3 coaster. And while I do have the current track in No Limits 2, I wasn't entirely happy with the second half and planned to re-jig it. So now I have to decide if I'm happy enough with the current layout, or to start it over from scratch. More than likely the latter though. Which is annoying but oh well.
    Optimism, yay :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2016

What exactly is in Phase 3? Is it just Mystic Hollow or the jungle area too?
    ^I believe he's referring to the phase 3 flying coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2016 edited

Those are all part of Phase 2. Each 'Phase' is 3 themed areas (Phase 1 was Porthporto, Lightning Canyon & Future City Elysium, Phase 2 is Badlands, The Wilds & Mystic Hollow). Phase 3 will follow in that style to complete the park.

Phase two is all of this:

Phase 3 will go here (as you can see, some groundwork for phase 3 has been done for quite a while):
    I could find a way to fix them probably
    ^ That would be good if you could take a look. Not that they look that bad now or anything.
    Hey crazycoaster, what rides from phase one that weren't really made yet are gonna be available to ride now? Like Terranauts, The Navigator, or Cave In. Those kind of rides. And also, how close are you to releasing phase 2 on steam?
    ^ The Navigator will now be fully animated, meaning the lift and doors work, and the ride goes through a complete sequence (including music), but is not 'rideable', as I don't know how to attach a camera to the moving chairs.

As for Terranauts, it's a simulator ride, think along the lines of Star Tours/Mission: Space. Which is a bit too complex to do in NL. Cave In is similar, too complex to make into an actual ride. I may attempt it one day, but the park is already huge and FPS consuming without them. There are plenty of new attractions to ride in Phase 2 however, so don't be disapointed :P

As for the release, I can't be sure as of yet, but it won't be too much longer.
    Another question. What other improvements to the Phase 1 area should we expect to see? Other than the Navigator and the new Screamin' Swing of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016

You could probably stand in the moving vehicle if it was open somehow, but I bet you could look up how to attach cameras, because so many others have done it :p
    ^ I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be to attach a camera because of the keyframe animation. It's not linked to any scripting at the minute, so I have a feeling that the camera would remain static during the animation.

I'm not sure however, does anybody have a simple attach camera script that I can attach to a scenery object?

^^ There are loads of little things that I've worked to improve. If you read back over this thread from page 8 onwards you can see some of the changes. The main things (that I can think of off the top of my head) are:

- Blade Rider & Aeris now have working gates in the station.
    - Both also feature camera flashes at the ORP areas.
    - Aeris onride soundtrack can now be heard off ride when train passes.
    - Fences have been updated to look better throughout.
    - New restaurant located near the Airship docked in front of Aeris.
    - Improved road system leading to Terra.
    - Texture work throughout the Porthporto area has been improved, new roofwork on a number of the buildings.
    - Navigator now functions.
    - 'Wild Canyon' area is now called 'Lightning Canyon', and has added themeing throughout. A new theme song for the area has been chosen too: Honor's Song Composed by Kazuma Jinnouchi (https://youtu.be/CLA9l-HREUs?list=PL2zjm4fBj6lch_BowU0pf7aJ6LnVy7R07).
    - The rapid boats now 'splash' when descending drops.
    - The waterfalls in Porthporto and Lightning Canyon have updated textures that look far better.
    - Signposts have been put up in a number of areas to point out major attractions/ways to other lands.
    - The windmills in Porthporto area are now animated.
    - New environment, and overhaul of the land around TERRA.
    - New Theming set pieces in Future City Elysium.

That's all the major renovations I can think of at the minute, but you'll have to explore and compare when I release it soon :)
    Wow, amazing work. This is really coming together well. I love the Islands of Adventure planning of the park. You're really outdoing yourself with each of the attraction's storylines, thinking through, even if generally, a reason for this attraction to exist and creating the environment well. I love the little surprises throughout the park as well. Hidden between major attractions are smaller attractions and walkways that drawn you into the environments further and create a much more personal experience. Thats what's brilliant about the Arthur style indoor complex portion for the forest area of your park. I'm excited to take a walk through the park to experience all the gems, both hidden and not, that it has to offer.

I may have missed it from an earlier post, but whats the overarching story or concept for this park? Is it a place somewhere with different worlds/lands/regions that are open to exploration, or does it have a connecting story behind it all?
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016 edited

^ Terra is set in a post apocalyptic world (this part of the story is told through Remnant/Elysium) that has rebuilt using a newly discovered element (called Aeris) that has sort of magical properties.

Each of the areas is a different region of the 'new world', inspired by adventure games such as Zelda/Final Fantasy etc. So each area is linked story wise, but represent far greater distances/climates that can be discovered.
    So I've been waiting for forever, but take you're time because I want it to be the best it can be. I was just wondering (since it's been a while since anyone's posted here), what exactly are you working on right now?
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2016

Posted By: Trevham0304(since it's been a while since anyone's posted here)

It's literally not even been 10 days
    I've gotten to the stage of finalising each individual area, adding last minute finishing touches etc, a couple of new details here and there (such as some new benches, finishing the signs etc.). But I think it's gotten to the stage where I'm happy with it, and I can't find anything else to do, which is good.

Which leads me to my next point, I'm looking for a few people to Beta test the park. What I'm looking for specifically is for people to explore the park and see if they can find any flaws in the models (any missing walls or weirdness, how easy/difficult each part of the park is to navigate). I would also like to get a sense of how this thing performs. Phase 1 managed to keep things running smoothly for the majority of people, however phase 1 was also tiny compared to Phase 2. P2 has an incredible amount of scripting, modelling, and nine operating "coasters". But I'm hoping not to disappoint too many people.

I'm not looking for layout critiquing, as they are finalised, and there isn't anything I can do about them any more at this stage. But feedback on everything else is welcome.

Whisper me with an email address (so I can send you the link) if you're interested in participating. Thanks.
    Oh wow, there was a lot more people interested than I was expecting! Thankyou all for your interest, I'll send out an email shortly with a link to the file.
    well you should have known it would have been popular, since its probably one of the best park scale projects ever made in nl2
    ^amen
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016

^^agree.
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab

Yes. It's crazy enough that you can do one coaster that well and theme so perfectly, and then on top of that there is a park of them and don't even start on how you manage to keep the FPS at an even semi reasonable rate.
    • CommentAuthorMikey714

will the grinder be open in phase 2 also I loved the City hall ride it was great and the water rides they were all good
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Posted By: COASTERGUY246probably one of the best park scale projects ever made in nl2

Exactly how long is the list of parks in NL2? This might be the only park that isn't just a collection of coasters connected by stock flat rides and terrain-texture paths.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Well there's Seven Nations

• CommentAuthorTrevham0304
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016 edited

Speaking of Seven Nations, does anyone know where to download the rest of the parks? Like other than Germany. They're not on steam and I think Germany's the only one on the exchange.

EDIT: Also, I prefer this over Seven Nations, mostly because of the higher lever of detail and theming. Nothing against Seven Nations, they're both awesome.
    ^ I believe they haven't been released due to FPS issues, which is a shame as they look nice.

I've already had some great feedback from testers, making the modifications now, once they are done, Phase 2 should be finally ready to go. It's too big a file to put on NLE, even when the server is working, which is a shame, but I may do what I've done with Phase 1 (Provide a download link in a park file - that way it can still be rated here). Otherwise it'll be available on steam and coaster crazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016

Could you have a dropbox link or something? That'd be preferred for me.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I get some lag with all settings maxed. I do not have advanced effects on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Mystic Hollow is my new favorite area of the park, I really adore the atmosphere in there!

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Why does the topspin ride not work? I really thought it worked. Plus I cannot go down the ANY of the slides in the indoor jungle starry sky part. That's such a huge bummer! I was really hoping to be able to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016 edited

Alright Togo, I think the focus of the park was more aimed towards the coasters and overall experience, no need to be so down because some of the more minor additions don't work to your needs. I don't think any of the flats work at this time, so you'll just have to wait until a later phase when he decides to animate them.

But I agree with Olmisery, Mystic Hollow was easily one of my favorite areas, I especially loved the spinning coaster and all the effects that came with it. The river ride in the mayan area (Outlands I think?) was also a big favorite of mine as all the effects were really well done and made for a really nice ride, and it looked great too.

I should also include how surprised I am at how well FPS was managed with a park this big. I was getting around 20-30 frames on maxed out settings, and while it doesn't sound fantastic, it's great when you realize how much the park has. I'm unsure if you plan to optimize some more but as of now you got some great things going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMidgetman82
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016 edited

The way you did on Phase 1 was perfect. A dropbox (or Google Drive) option would be great for those not registered to CoasterCrazy, or didn't purchase NL2 through Steam. I've still been quietly following the project for a while and really look forward to the release!
    Am I the only person with permanently 8 FPS at this park ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2016

Yes. I'm getting 20-30 FPS, which is remarkably well considering the size and detail of the park.

Unfortunately like I said before, the park will be a lot heavier on older pcs when compared to phase 1. I'll have to figure filming out and make a collection of videos highlighting each area of the park possibly.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2016

I've found one texture that is messed up in phase 2.. Where do I send the screen shots..
    Whisper it to me :)
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016

This project is really cool. Good job crazycoaster. Its really impressive
    And finally, I proudly present to you Phase 2 of TERRA!

The TERRA Project - Phase 2

Created by Andre Northan

Welcome to TERRA: Adventure Awaits!

Welcome to a world quite unlike our own. A world full of wonder and adventure just waiting for you to go and discover. Airships and submarines replace cars and planes in a place that magic is not a myth, but an everyday occurrence. All this powered by the discovery of the legendary ether, Aeris. A 'fifth element', higher than earth, wind, water and fire, Aeris can be harnessed for all sorts of unbelievable experiences.

TERRA is a brand new fully immersive theme park experience designed for the young and old alike. Become the Pioneers of the New World and set off on your adventure of discovery in the first six themed areas.

PARK GUIDE:

ENTRANCE PLAZA & PALACE HOTEL

As you journey to the entrance, and go through the turnstiles, you come face to face with the TERRA Globe and your first view of the park. Surrounding the Plaza you will find the Annual Pass processing centre, a shop, and the Park entrance to the Palace Hotel.

Moving past this you travel over the Portal Bridge and arrive at the Entrance gates, and the first themed land.

PORTHPORTO

Welcome to the hub of the New World, a busy and bustling bazaar, fortress town and SkyPort. Starting in Fountain Square, you can experience Port Trading, the park mega shop that caters to all souvenir needs, the Cheeky Monkey Pub and Restaurant, and the Grand Hall Customer Services building.
    From here to the left, you can experience the first attraction THE NAVIGATOR. Travel on a multisensory experience through space and time led by your crazy scientist tour guide!

To the right, you have the Market Bazaar, where you can barter for any number of relics from all over the world. Travel down to the waterport and hop aboard one of the FERRYBOAT RIVER STEAMERS that circumnavigate the world. Or if you're looking for thrills then head to the centrepiece attraction of the area, and park; AERIS.

AERIS is a high speed 'Mega-Lite' rollercoaster created by the Swiss Company Intamin AG. Featuring high speed turns, extreme airtime and a huge number of near misses as you speed in and around the town on your mecha-vehicle.
    Moving out of the town to the North, the land becomes an arid wasteland full of natural rock formations and monuments.

LIGHTNING CANYON

The Arid canyons and mesas of this region have been formed due to an unusually static atmosphere, which causes daily lightning storms. Using rafts, the local lightning farmers traverse the dangerous wild waters and spouts. Now you can join them in LIGHTNING RAPIDS, and experience the watery drops and whirlpools!

See what happens when the weather attacks in CYCLONE, a twistingly good family ride. For the hungry ones, why not visit TACO THE TOWN, for authentic Mexican cuisine served with a side of fresh puns!

Moving on through the caves that litter the canyon and out the other side, you will come across a very different landscape!

FUTURE CITY ELYSIUM

Welcome to Elysium, an unimaginable city built on the top of a plateau and surrounded by raging waterfalls. This city thrived in the early days of the new world, and became the monument to technology and protection over the rest of Terra during the dark times. Elysium is home to some of the smartest researchers and warriors working to protect and unite Terra.

The centrepiece of the area is ELYSIUM: BLADE RIDER, a launched inverted Rollercoasters from Swiss experts Bolliger & Mabillard. Here you can take on the role of a Blade Rider cadet pilot, training to fly through a series of 7 inversions, through underwater tunnels, tight helixes and over buildings after being launched out of the Blade Cannon!

From here you can also enrol in TERRANAUTS, to become a space pilot and visit exciting new worlds in this thrilling simulator ride. Alternatively visit the STARBITES restaurant for a wide range of food.

THE BADLANDS

Beyond the plateau, lies the ruins of a city from the old world, home to the last remains of the Edifice Virus, a violent mechanical beast hell bent on the destruction of mankind. Travel to the City Hall to join the fight against the REMNANT.

REMNANT is a state of the art multi-launch rollercoaster featuring 3 breath taking launches, 8 inversions and 12 airtime hills. With over 6,712 feet of track, REMNANT is the 3rd longest rollercoaster in the world!

Further into the dead zone, THE GRINDER can be found in the remains of an old shipping warehouse. Be careful, as this huge old machine could malfunction, sending you spiralling out of control! For a taste of the apocalypse, head over to DINO'S DINER. Or try your hand at some of the old world arcade machines. The Ferryboat also make a stop here.

Travel to an abandoned cinema to join a covert operation in a battle against the Remnant Threat. H.A.L.O. DROP, the tallest ride in Terra is not for the faint hearted! Join a squad of elite High-Altitude-Low-Open parachute soldiers in this 230foot drop, facing towards the ground!

THE WILDS

The vast ruins of the Badlands and the threat of the Remnant created a boundary, and beyond this, nature reclaimed the land. Discover the overgrown rainforest known as The Wilds! The soils, rich in Aeris crystal, have caused the plant life to grow at huge rates and engulf the region.

Cut off from the rest of civilisation, the people of The Wilds became devoted to Aeris and its mysterious properties and built great temples dedicated to its worship. Travel by boat along the great river KI'AMEE and discover the legend of the River Temple. But beware of the hidden traps and waterfalls or you'll get wet!

Traverse further through the jungle and come across another group of temples, ruled over by the mighty PYTHON. This thrilling family coaster snakes in and around the temples and trees.

Nearby you can explore the village of tree houses, and kickback for a bite to eat at Go'rilla BBQ. Or visit Temple Traders for some great wild merchandise!

MYSTIC HOLLOW

Beyond the vast rainforests of the Wilds as the climate cools, and the trees and wildlife change, there is a place deep in the darkest forest. As you venture through the forest, you come across the MYSTIC HOLLOW CAROUSEL, a pageant of dancing horses. There is also a small port where you can board the Ferry. Stop for light refreshments and make your way underneath huge tree roots.
    Here you will find yourself face to face with the Great Life Tree. Legend has it that through the base of this majestic tree is the entrance to the Mystic Hollow. This is said to be a magical place, protected by a mysterious guardian.
    Inside the Hollow is KNOCKWOOD VILLAGE, a playground full of slides, bridges and fairytale houses for the young explorers. Further over the bridge you'll find CRYSTAL RIVER; A beautiful blue river with water as clear as crystal. Board a boat here and enjoy a gentle ride for the young and old, visiting many areas of wonder. In the centre of the hollow, atop a hill, the TUMBLE TREES can be found. This thrilling trio of towers spin and drop!
    Further round, another attraction can be discovered. When the night is clear, and the stars come out, travellers can board the MOON DANCE and witness the forest come to life!
    Discover the secret of the mysterious protector aboard ARBORAK - GUARDIAN OF THE FOREST. Travel underground to discover this thrilling spinning roller coaster, built by Maurer A.G. The roller coaster features drops, turns, and a few surprises, all while travelling in the dark. Will your journey take you face to face with Arborak?

More adventures will await you in the future Phase 3 update, under development now. I hope you enjoy your visit to TERRA!
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016 edited

MUSIC FEATURED:

-TERRA Theme: Proud Nation (Immediate Music)
    -Aeris Theme: Rising Empire (Immediate Music)
    -Navigator Theme: Judgement Day (Immediate Music)
    -Lightning Canyon Theme: Honor's Song (Kazuma Jinnouchi)
    -Lightning Rapids Theme: Warrior World (Kazuma Jinnouchi)
    -Elysium Theme: Arizona (Chicane)
    -Gravitate Theme: Zero Gravity (Immediate Music)
    -Badlands Theme: Reprise (Tunnel Blanket)
    -Remnant Theme: Foundation Instrumental (Years & Years)
    -The Wilds Theme: Djengu River Queue Theme (IMAscore)
    -Ki'amee Theme: Broken Paradise Part 2 (Greg Edmonson)
    -Mystic Hollow Theme: Dwervelwind Area Theme (IMAscore)
    -Arborak Theme: Ori, Lost in the Storm (Gareth Coker)
    -Arborak Onride Theme: Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark (Gareth Coker)

SPECIAL THANKS:

- Martin H for Ideas and Support
    - Danny A for Texture work.
    - MGRides for script work for the boat rides.
    - nSeven's Trees and Plants.
    - Kyle Sloan's Trees.
    - Phyter for music scripting.
    - BestDani for all of his excellent work, Strobe Lighting, Water & Fire Particle effects.
    - Projektion for the scripted Flat Rides (Screaming Swing and Sky Jump) and launch sounds.
    - Codemaster for the Rockset & Scriptwork.
    - Musickid43's Script Generator
    - Bjorn's Skybox
    - All the Beta testers for last minute fixes
    - Everyone at NLE for their feedback and support.

NOTES:

- TERRA utilises occluders in certain areas of the park to increase framerates. You may notice passing through invisible walls in certain areas/on certain rides.
    - Please note, when pausing No Limits, it may cause certain soundtracks (such as the Navigator's) to fall out of sync.
    - The greatest care has been taken to fully optimise TERRA, however due to the size of the park, older and less powerful computers will have a hard time maintaining framerates.

NLE LINK:

HERE

Steam Workshop:

The park is also available on Steam in the No Limits 2 workshop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016

I must say you did an excellent job optimizing this.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016 edited

It has definitely been a huge goal of mine to try and optimise the park as much as possible because while it's already huge, it's far from complete. If I can keep optimising it as much as possible, when the final three lands are added, it should HOPEFULLY still run.