Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016

Woahh, seeing the whole park sort of come together like that is really awesome! I'm also excited to see how the area comes together for the flyer, since it seems there isn't really much as of now. All in all, it's all looking great so far and I'm excited to see it all finished for what I'm assuming is the final phase.

I'm curious though, will the flyer just be sort of separate from the rest of the park? It looks like it almost sits on the outskirts of the part, rather than a part of it.
    Ha! I just noticed that you have the design for the fountains at the bottom of your lake, I love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016 edited

Why isn't there a stop at the other hotel for the monorail? It would be cool if it did something like this.

^+1,000
    • CommentAuthorBullero

I can't wait to wander around the park again: so far every phase has been a lot of fun to explore
    Thanks for the replies!

@Mcrolly- Because the lift faces away from the park, the first drop and overbank happens in the background, but the rest of the ride is heavily themed, I'll show the theming soon.

@TheBeatles - It's not a working show, but I thought I'd atleast pretend to have the infrastructure there! :P

@Paradox There isn't a stop at the other hotel because it already has it's own entrance to the park (You can see it in the second picture down), but I did think about doing a fly through. Because the monorail layout came after most of the park was complete it was a huge challenge to intergrate into the park without blocking all the sightlines.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

That looks extremely good! I love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2016

Incredible! I wonder how you can work on this park, even building supports NL gets extremely laggy with 2-3 bigger coasters for me, it really isn't fun anymore..
    My pc might be a bit older, but still not too bad.
    My laptop handles it pretty well to be honest, the editor is mainly fine, with the exception of supporting. For example, there's a big lag every time I want to move a support node using the keys, so intricate support work has become increasingly difficult. Using the side views is almost impossible without hiding scenery and unfreezing coasters, but I get by. I also have an uncluttered secondary test park that I used to complete the support work of a new coaster for phase 3, and general coaster layout storage.
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016

It looks very impressive Crazycoaster. Now with the announcement from the game developer about update 2.5, I can hope for a park lighting in darkness-park. (Maybe something for Phase 4?) Are you still working on a park show in the water. On phase 2, we could saw something strange in the water, what is that? Or what are the intentions to place that thing? I am very curious to see the next phase of this project!

Ok now some questions about the nice pics of the updates you showed to us...
    - The monorails looks very impressive. Did you have make an backup for import of backup some trains?
    - We could see a backup system for the waterways boat attraction. The backup is located in the backstage of the lightning rapids. it would be really cool if you could make this work and the storage can really work!
    - Is there an attraction upcoming for the cave, which already was builded in phase 1? I think it's really nice to build here a nice walktrough or more better a nice darkride. Maybe you have own nice fantasies...

I'm sorry my English is not perfect, but i do my best...
    as the second hotel is outside the park, i assume that it will have it's own park entrance?
    ^ The hotel has it's own monorail station that takes guests straight to the entrance of the park.

^^ The new lighting update should prove interesting, lighting TERRA may be possible in the near future. There arn't any plans to impliment an actual water show, it's just an infrastructural decoration for the time being.

As for your questions;
    - In the second picture of the last update, you can see the maintenance warehouse and transfer track for the monorail.
    - Adding a transfer section for the Steamboats would be pretty simple to do, I'm not sure it would be interesting enough to actually impliment tbh!
    - I could potentially add an interior to the cave, but it'll have to wait until phase 3 is complete. Purely because I want to have a complete park layout up and running first. And if that works while still maintaining a decent framerate, I'll then add more details to placeholder areas.
    ^ it would be nice if there was something in the TerraNaughts building too.
    You NEED to upload those monorail trains, they are gorgeous. Also, how did you get the track?
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2017

this is amazing when will it be coming out?
    @derpy nis

It's still a while away tbh! The second area is nearing completion, but I've rewritten the third area a number of times so far.

@TheFlyerMan1

I made the track using the light pattern creator, converted it and then built a support structure for it in Sketchup.

So I've been guilty of putting this project on the backburner because I've been spending my time on other things. Still though! Here's a small update.

I've rejigged the Palace Hotel, changing the architecture of the main tower and certain pieces.

I've also updated the treelines around the park with the new tree sets which has made a big difference.

And finally, I'd like to announce ZEPHYRE.

STORYTIME

After the victories to suppress the Edifice Reapers back into the Badlands using the Aeris crystal, a number of factions evolved in order to exploit the crystal's power. Beyond the frozen mountains of Stalheim, the nation of Zephyre began to experiment with Aeris. Their experimentations used the crystal to create gravitational fluxes. These anomalies lead to mountains ripping themselves out of the ground and defying gravity. The Sky Kingdom was born, who used these floating mountains to create flying fortresses and palaces. Board the unique flying coaster ZEPHYRE and take flight around the gravity defying floating mountains!

Click the pictures for full size posters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2017

Woahh that's super cool looking. Reminds me a lot of the Avatar Land at WDW.
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

I love the idea of a coaster on/around a floating island and I think this looks really good as always.
    I spy a Gerstaler Sky Fly in the top photo! (left-hand side)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^ That's Halo - added in Phase II
    ^ I'm pretty sure i can see a Gerstaler Sky Fly! I put a red circle around it; here's the Dropbox link (i can't embed the edited photo):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b739s5d9i0yvfkt/Untitled.png?dl=0
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^ Oh, that... yeah, that's a new addition.
    Could someone please embed the photo for me?
    To clarify, yes, there is a Sky Fly :P

Click for full size.
    You may want to raise the flying coaster's supporting footers up ;)

Would you need someone to do the Flyer car textures, or do you have that under control?
    • CommentAuthorPear
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2017

The new engine makes all the textures really pop! Looks great as always.
    This is still looking great, and I'm loving the theme of the coaster tying into the overarching theme of the park! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017 edited

Here are a few shots showing the 'floating' rocks that Zephyre interacts with.

The larger 'floating' islands are the rides queue line.

And here's an overview of the whole park's progress:

Click pictures for full size posters.
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

Wow I am very impressed and can not wait to walk around there. I hope it's not too long anymore before can upload Phase 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

Wow that overview is really nice. You've really come a long way since phase 1.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2017

Every update of this park is amazing, I looking forward to see the next phase in action! And as I am a fan of Avatar I really like the new theming for ZEPHYRE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017 edited

So this is somewhat exciting for me, and without giving away too much too quickly, the barrier that created a dead end in Phase 2 next to Mystic Hollow has finally come down, and the park is now a complete circuit! 7 years after releasing the original ride Aeris in NL1, and we almost have a full and complete park!

The Skykingdom of Zephyre is moving along, with lots of little details added here and there. The coaster's station needs texturing, and fencing/signwork needs to be completed, but it's getting there!

The blue roofed building is a restaurant, the green roofed building is the ride exit/gift shop (the station is underneath). The interior still needs completing.

The ride sign has been added to the coaster's queueline entrance. The queue weaves along the top of these rocks, that appear to be floating.

The fourth monorail station.

The Future city monorail stop. Is there any way to change the way the replacement water NL2MAT reflects? Is it possible to get it to reflect more than just the sky?

I'm also attempting to rework a lot of the textures and buildings in the Porthporto area of the park.

And finally, the new lighting really makes the Remnant pop!

Click on the images for poster size.

Hmmm, for some reason the pictures arn't showing up. Here is a link to the gallery: http://imgur.com/a/pFFdL

Staff edit: Images fixed.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

Great work as always Crazycoaster! Zephyre looks like it has great offride interaction, weaving the track and the pathwork together. Can't wait to walk around in the park and see it all with my own eyes!
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

when I see all this, I'm so curious when phase 2 will be ready?!
    ^^ Thankyou! I'm quite proud of Zephyre's interaction. It was a huge challenge trying to create the illusion of floating mountains, and then maintaining that illusion from the all the views and angles presented inside the park.

^ Phase 3 still has a fair bit of work to do. It WAS nearing completion, but I've thrown another big 'project' into the mix, something I've wanted to do for a while now. All three of the new lands have their basic infrastructure set up. Zone 1 & 2 are mainly only waiting on finishing touches, the third land still needs a lot of building shaping (Turning the placeholder "blocks" into actual architecture).

So far Phase 3's lineup includes:

- Three New lands, making a total of 9 different themed areas
    - Three new coasters, all highly themed to the area they reside in. This will bring the Park's coaster count up to eight.
    - 3 new functioning flatrides.
    - One other major ETicket attraction.
    - A functional monorail.
    - A new hotel.
    - Texture and building updates to the Porthporto area (near Aeris).
    - Scenery updates throughout.

So yeah it's still a little way off. I'm a terrible finisher, meaning that I find it quite difficult to add the final touches on once most of the area is complete and I end up putting it off. But the finish line is in sight!
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2017

Ow sorry of course i mean 'Phase 3' haha...
    I'm curious to know or every new coaster have an onboard soundtrack. I was very impressed by the music of Ori and the Blind Forest. I hope to hear some new unknown mystic and nice soundtracks in a fully themed coaster.
    Also the music and soundeffects in the new environments.
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017

IM HYPED :D