Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

3 or 4 are my favourite colours on the track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017

4 is my favorite color scheme. If you release all three lands on phase 3 will you also go back to the previous areas and do those finishing touches like you mentioned? If you would not do that then I'd say go for the first two lands and Phase 4 later.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

4 looks really good I think.
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave

Just release the first two lands on Phase 3. Take your time to make a finish phase 4 as the final part of your project. What about the framerate for now? I can imagine that there are very big framedrops when you look to the land-parts as they are now...
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

I feel they are all to dark in my opinion..
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

4 is the best color option imo. Looks great, but if you decide to change the color again, fix the lift motor as well :P
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2017

IM SO HYPED IM DYING FOR THE Release
    • CommentAuthorMarcel46
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2017

Yeah, I'm on board with colour option 4.

Regarding the release, I'd say release the first two lands as Phase 3 so you can take your time to finish the final land and optimise some of the previous areas for Phase 4.

•  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017

I also think option 4 looks the best. Release it whenever you feel its ready. We can wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017 edited

EDIT: So I just looked at the video again and noticed I'd exported it incorrectly, and for some reason the main part of the video is zoomed in/worse quality than it should be (Zoomed in to 720p and then scaled up to 1080p, rather than just exporting the true 1080p width). Bare with, and I'll re-export/reupload it at the quality it should be!

In the meantime, here instead is a new high quality POV of Aeris in it's Phase Three setting!

I'll be bringing more POVs to my channel soon, if anyone wants to subscribe! /Plug
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

It looks breathtaking, what more can I say?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

Absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to getting my hands on it someday and trying to make a lit up night version.

I'm kind of surprised you still haven't found anyone to animate the top spin for you.
    Thanks guys!

^ No unfortunately not found anyone interested, but to be honest I haven't looked particularly hard. I've thought about attempting to Keyframe animate it, but I think it would probably look a bit unrealistic without proper physics swinging the gondola about. And I haven't yet worked out how to add an onride camera, hence why the Madhouse/family drop towers are only scenery.

Video's up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017

Looks awesome! Is phase 4 going to be like Klugheim? The rockwork looks very similar.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

This is hands down the best project in NL1/NL2 history! One last coaster that I'd love to see in Phase 4 would be a GCI duelling woodie :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017 edited

I believe in the thread for Renegade Run he mentioned that a woodie (especially a dueler) would be too FPS-intensive to the park, which is why he built it in a separate file.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

That whole video was incredible. How do you go about making your rocks/cliffs? Do you use Sketchup? I have wanted make something similar to those, I just did not know how to go about it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017

When will the upload be?
    Thankyou for the comments guys!

TOGO: Once it's finished

MilBee: Which cliffs do you mean? I do my work in Sketchup, the base program is pretty good, but you can download extensions from the warehouse. To get more realistic rocks and cliffs I use a tool called Eneroth Fractal Terrain Eroder. I also use SketchUV, which is a basic UV mapper that is pretty good. Finally, I use NL2MATs to add bumpmapping.

@Olmisery/rct800: That's right, won't be a woodie I'm afraid.

Paradox: You'll have to wait and see :P
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

Specifically I was talking about the rocks and cliffs around the flying coaster. But I'll definitely have to try that tool out.
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave

I'm suprised off the framerate. In the movie everything looks very smooth. Notwithstanding all the attractions in high quality what you show. It looks very nice and just like the other people, i can't wait to the release of 'phase 3'.
    Another question before the release, maybe you can just fix this little issue...
    When i want to control the Remnant coaster manually, it stucks all time. Is there a way to fix this simply?

Keep up the good works, it looks very great!!

HD 60FPS Blade Rider POV uploaded!
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017

I love the flyer!! anyway how close is this project to being released? how long until phase 3 comes out?

HD 60FPS POV of Remnant! Enjoy!
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017

whats your favorite coaster at the park?
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017

Yes please It takes a very long time
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2017

Any updates?
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2017

Updates will come when updates are ready. There's no need to keep pestering him for them.
    It's been a bit delayed, due to summer travels, and I had Laser surgery a few weeks ago. Current peogress has finalised Phase 3 ready for release, I'm just going through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure I haven't missed anything out.
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2017

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: Crazycoaster</cite>It's been a bit delayed, due to summer travels, and I had Laser surgery a few weeks ago. Current peogress has finalised Phase 3 ready for release, I'm just going through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure I haven't missed anything out.</blockquote> Cool Beans :D
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017

also hope you feel better
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017

Do you Think A 4th dimensional coaster will be in the next phase?
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017

Dude, seriously? The last like, 3 or 4 bumps have been you. It'll be done when it'll be done and Crazycoaster will give info whenever he pleases, it's his project. Chill.
    ^^ The more you keep pestering him, the longer you'll have to wait for updates.
    I'm pretty sure that double-posting (or triple in your case) is against the site rules.
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2017 edited

sorry i have social problems i have problems with talking to others im just relay excited also i have talked to him on steam his a cool dude
    • CommentAuthorMarcel46
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017

One thing I'm interested in: did the update that fixed the size of the Inverted Coaster cars have any significant impact on Elysium?

^ Yes, it did; if you go into Terra Phase 2, you can see the difference. The station needs re-doing.
    (This is the same for all NL2 B&M Suspended Coasters made before the update, not just Elysium)
    The station has been redone for phase 3. Mostly just required lowering the floor and adjusting the catwalks. I'm not sure if it has effected the rest of the ride (I'm assuming the envelope has changed now too), but that'll be a Phase 4 job.

Elysium is an older model (was originally built for NL1 that's how old it is), so it's far more difficult to modify easily compared to some of the newer areas. But Phase 4 will include a revamped Future City area, I have already begun work on outfitting the TerraNauts building, the shell has been completely redone and updated for Phase 3. The internal structure will be here for part 4. I may also update the launch cannon but we'll see.

Phase 3 is complete, and awaiting upload. Tried to upload it a couple of times onto Steam the other day, but it just crashed out the sim. Not sure why.
    • CommentAuthorMarcel46
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017

^ That's good to hear. Well, not the upload issues but just the fact that Phase 3 is complete. Can't wait to explore these new lands.

^^ Glad to know it's complete, hope Steam let's you upload it soon!
    Could the file be too big for Steam?
    Just keep trying! :)

EDIT: Just thought, have you tried uploading the file to Dropbox then uploading a file with the Dropbox link to Steam? Some people do that, so it should work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017 edited

The TERRA Project: Phase 3
    Created By Andre Northan

Welcome to TERRA! Adventure Awaits!

Welcome to a world quite unlike our own. A world full of wonder and adventure just waiting for you to go and discover. Airships and submarines replace cars and planes in a place that magic is not a myth, but an everyday occurrence. All this powered by the discovery of the legendary ether, Aeris. A 'fifth element', higher than earth, wind, water and fire, Aeris can be harnessed for all sorts of unbelievable experiences.

TERRA is a brand new fully immersive theme park experience designed for the young and old alike. Become the Pioneers of the New World and set off on your adventure of discovery in the first six themed areas.

PARK GUIDE:
    A full park guide is provided HERE.

MUSIC FEATURED:

-TERRA Theme: Proud Nation (Immediate Music)
    -Aeris Theme: Rising Empire (Immediate Music)
    -Navigator Theme: Judgement Day (Immediate Music)
    -Lightning Canyon Theme: Honor's Song (Kazuma Jinnouchi)
    -Lightning Rapids Theme: Warrior World (Kazuma Jinnouchi)
    -Elysium Theme: Arizona (Chicane)
    -Gravitate Theme: Zero Gravity (Immediate Music)
    -Badlands Theme: Reprise (Tunnel Blanket)
    -Remnant Theme: Foundation Instrumental (Years & Years)
    -The Wilds Theme: Djengu River Queue Theme (IMAscore)
    -Ki'amee Theme: Broken Paradise Part 2 (Greg Edmonson)
    -Mystic Hollow Theme: Dwervelwind Area Theme (IMAscore)
    -Arborak Theme: Ori, Lost in the Storm (Gareth Coker
    -Arborak Onride Theme: Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark (Gareth Coker)
    -The Mountains Theme: Covenant Prayers (Kazuma Jinnouchi)
    -Sky Kingdom Theme: Apotheosis (Austin Wintory)
    -Obsidian Theme: The Thieves of Libertalia & Lure of Adventure (Henry Jackman)

SPECIAL THANKS:

- Martin H for Ideas and Support
    - Danny A for Texture work.
    - MGRides for script work for the boat rides.
    - nSeven's Trees and Plants.
    - Kyle Sloan's Trees.
    - Phyter for music scripting.
    - BestDani for all of his excellent work, Skyswing, Strobe Lighting, Water & Fire Particle effects.
    - Projektion for the scripted Flat Rides (Screaming Swing and Sky Jump) and launch sounds.
    - Codemaster for the Rockset & Scriptwork.
    - Musickid43's Script Generator
    - All the Beta testers for last minute fixes
    - Everyone at NLE for their feedback and support.

NOTES:

- TERRA utilises occluders in certain areas of the park to increase framerates. You may notice passing through invisible walls in certain areas/on certain rides.
    - Please note, when pausing No Limits, it may cause certain soundtracks (such as the Navigator's) to fall out of sync.
    - The greatest care has been taken to fully optimise TERRA, however due to the size of the park, older and less powerful computers will have a hard time maintaining framerates.

DOWNLOAD:

STEAM DOWNLOAD

Coaster Crazy Link available soon.
    Im genuinely astonished at the performance of this park, its running better than a planet coaster park of a similar size. Seriously awesome work on this, by far the best park project ive seen so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017

There's really nothing I can say now at this point that I haven't already said in my comments or anyone else in theirs. This is one of, if not the greatest work someone has done in NL2 without a doubt.
    I went in expecting the Flyer to be my favourite thing, but the Mine Train is easily the highlight of Phase 3.

I really want to go back and have another go at making a night time version of Terra, though since you have at least one more phase already in the works, I don't want to put in the work since when the next phase(s) release, it would be all to waste.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017 edited

I love the new expansion and I think the mine train is one of my favorite rides ever made in NL2. However, some of the textures, the fence ones in particular, are not very good and sometimes ruin the feel and immersion of the park.

Also what are these things in Elysium's prelift?

Can't wait to see your take on Klugheim for phase 4! Hopefully someone can finally script that top spin before it's release!

Thankyou for all the comments!

^^ One of the reasons I have yet to attempt the night time features to be honest! Rather wait till it's all finished.

^ The blue track thing is a bug in the game, because Zephyre has switch track, the sim currently places an extra set of rails in the centre point of the map. One set for each switch track. I think the bug only happens with the flyer.

The black vents are part of the logistics of Elysium. To make the huge waterfalls work, the area impliments a similar system to a river rapids ride, taking the water in from the lower reservoirs and delivering it back up to the top lake. When switched off, all the water from the top lake drains down into the bottom two reservoirs (Prelift reservoir is walled off from the main lake underneath the walkway between the prelift section and loop, and post MCBR reservoir located between Elysium and the Badlands.

As for the textures, I do understand what you mean about the fences. But creating 3D fences throughout the entire park would add a huge workload to the system, as they use far more polys, so it was my effort to minimise that. I'm also not very skilled in photoshop, so I've had to use textures I've found rather than creating my own, and even with plugins, sketchups texture wrapping isn't the best.

Tried to upload the park to coaster crazy last night, got to about 75% and the website gave up. Will try again today.
    Posted By: element 115Im genuinely astonished at the performance of this park, its running better than a planet coaster park of a similar size

Seconded. The optimisation is fantastic, im amazed you went through and added proper clipping to everything. Definitely one of the best achievements in Nolimits 2 so far
    The way I see it is the better optimised it is, the more I can add. Obsidian's main coaster is already an intensive addition, and that is just the ride itself, without the scenery involved. Things are only going to heat up in that area of the park as it grows ;)

Also, while the area is hinting at a Klugheim feel due to the basalt formations, the aesthetic is actually very different. Feel free to guess though!
    *prays for new gen vekoma*