Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017

^^Judging by that, I'm guessing the new coaster is a woodie.
    ^ Crazycoaster's already said that there won't be a woodie as it would be too FPS heavy for the park.
    As always, Terra is amazing; I do wish that it (all phases) could be built in real life! Plus, If the Remnant was real it would almost certainly be one of the World's best coasters.

EDIT: when riding the ferryboat steamers, i noticed that both the boat entering Porthporto's station and the boat leaving it collide.
    wow! iv not had a chance to go on nle for a while and coming back to this is awesome! deffo the best park ever made in nl2!
    • CommentAuthorgekkedave
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017

I don't have Nolimits on Steam so i hope u can upload the package to Coaster Crazy or Nolimits-Exange. I can't wait anymore with all those nice comments...
    Also, just noticed that there is a fence panel missing in Remnant's queue line, opposite the second launch, and there is a small square of water floating on H.A.L.O's queue stairs.

EDIT: I've also noticed a bigger problem; when i try to board the back rows of Aeris, Remnant and arborak, when i press the "E" key it directs me to a different row. It doesn't happen on the other coasters. Anyone else had that problem?
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis

Wow best park ever!!! I think it will be a mack coaster or a x car coaster
    • CommentAuthorole

For the area music, pllease consider using the music and shared flags for StaticSounds...
    Example:

sound = StaticSound.loadFromFile("ProudNationEntrance.ogg", StaticSound.FLAG_MUSIC | StaticSound.FLAG_SHARED);

The music flag will make sure that the music volume slider in the NL2 Setup will affect the music. If users are annoyed by the music, they can then simply lower the music slider and the volume will only change for the music. Right now one has to lower the overall volume which will lower all sounds.

The shared flag was designed for area music in mind. It will make sure that all sound sources play perfectly synchronized. It will also make sure that multiple sound sources playing the same sound, will not have overall gain larger than 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017 edited

Thankyou for the tip ole! If anyone knows the scripting best it’s you. My scripting knowledge is next to none, so all of the scripts in the park has been provided by others over the years, and not been updated since. The line you’ve provided above, do I add that into a specific area of the code? Or use it to replace something?

Construction2018fan - Thanks for pointing those out, I’ll check them out and resolve the issues. It’s such a big park it’s difficult to spot everything haha
    • CommentAuthorstross96
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

When you will upload the park on CoasterCrazy oder NoLimits Exchange?
    I planned on putting it on coaster crazy, but the site failed every single time I’ve tried to upload it. NLE is dead, so it won’t go on there.

It’s very easy to get yourself onto the steam version, and I would recommend it for anyone who hasn’t updated to get the steam key. You can participate in the Beta and see new features before everyone.

I may provide a separate link at one point, but yeah, get yourself steam :D
    • CommentAuthorstross96

Ok thank you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^Don't mean to go offtopic, but in all honesty anyone that hasn't upgraded to the steam version by now is just silly. Even if it's the only game you play on steam, the massive amount of flexibility you have, especially being able to easily subscribe and play parks/scenery packs/etc is just an amazing step-up compared to what we had prior. Not only that, but with the power of auto-updates and even seeing the hours you've played is just really neat. I'm clueless on how some people refuse to make the switch, especially when you get a post every other month about upgrading a PC and having to go through the hassle of gaining a new key + download.

Make the switch people, it's worth it.

As for the park, do I need to say much? It's amazing, easily my favorite NL2 project of all time. The optimization is great and the new additions are equally wonderful. Just like most of the people here, I'm also in love with the minetrain, super unique and the scenery really brings it together.
    • CommentAuthorMarcel46
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2017 edited

First off, let me just say that this entire thing is absolutely incredible. Not just the fact that you made a park this big run so well but also the artistic direction of it all. I want this park to be built IRL and I want it NOW.

That being said, let's get to the nitpicking. I'm not a huge fan of the music that is playing in the Lightning Canyon area. It's too dark and foreboding in my opinion. I actually went back into Phase 1 just to see how far you've come since then and I noticed that you had some different music playing in the Canyon area (Born Unto Trouble by Bill Elm and Woody Jackson) and I actually prefer this old soundtrack to the new one that has been in that area since Phase 2. The old song was very calm and had some Wild West vibes which fit the area much better than the overly dramatic new soundtrack, in my opinion.

Also, and this has been a problem since Phase 2 as well, the Soundtrack for Python is out of sync with itself. It's especially noticable in the area around the Go'RILLa BBQ where you will hear two offset tracks overlapping.

Speaking of the BBQ, this building as well as Taco the Town in the Canyon area and a few other buildings around the park still need doors for employees to get inside.

If possible, I would make the bridge in Lightning Canyon (between Cave In and Cyclone) wider. As of now, it's the only direct path from Porthporto to Future City Elysium and for that it's too narrow, I think.

I do like the change that time now actually passes in the park and I can see it at nighttime but the weather doesn't seem to be fully functional. Rain, snow and fog work but I tried to get some clouds in the air and it wouldn't work. I like the blue sky but i would also like to have the option for clouds.

But those are just minor problems, I still freaking LOVE what you've done here and I'm excited to see what's next. Keep it up!

^ Aeris's op's booth also doesn't have a door!
    Totally agree with everything you said; especially that the park should be built in real life (it would be amazing).
    ^^^
    I'm one of those that have been using NL2 outside of Steam since I first got it in 2014, 7 months before the game was available on Steam. It's not that I refused to make the switch, I had always thought I would need to repurchase the game to get it working with Steam. Having said that, I'm awaiting a potential response back about a steam key so I can get on this bandwagon. I'm very eager to try out this park!

(For those of you that were a bit lost like I was about upgrading to the Steam version, this was what I followed: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/257068107/1408552223 )
    One thing i'd love to see in Phase 4 is custom boarding gates for the coasters. There is now a script that allows you to make them work in place of the default ones.
    • CommentAuthorMarcel46
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2017

It seems to me that the soundtrack for Python is running at slightly different speeds in different locations. I just left the park running in the background for an hour or so and when I came back to it, all I could hear in Python's station was a complete mess. It really breaks the immersion. The same problem also occurs at Fjallfall. I noticed some notes repeating while riding towards the first lift. It was like the track that plays in the area towards Porthporto was half a second behind the track that plays in the area towards the Sky Kingdom.

I know this isn't intentional but do you know why that happens and do you have a fix for it?

• CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2017

Just wondering, is it possible to use the storage lift on Aries?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2017 edited

^No it isn’t, NL2 currently does not support lit style storage systems, and to be honest scripting a system that worked is far beyond my level of interest. You’ll just have to pretend it works I’m afraid. It was the only way I could fit in a workshop in the area without ruining the aesthetics of the area and fitting in the Madhouse.

^^ There are multiple sound spheres around the areas to spread the music, unfortunately if the computer has to work too hard these can go out of sync.
    • CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2017

Ok, I think the most genuine moment I've ever had in NL2 was me just discovering there is a Vekoma Madhouse inside of Aries.
    I know this may sound crazy, but I had a thought; I know some of you may have heard about Paramount splitting with London Resort Company Holdings LTD, so what would you (Crazycoaster) say to the idea of putting the TERRA Project to LRCH?
    (No, I'm not joking; I'm being serious!)
    I just need the funds now! Shanghai Disney cost about three billion right? I’d probably need a bit less than that.
    ^ What i meant was dropping them an email/message about TERRA (as a starting point).
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Posted By: CrazycoasterShanghai Disney

$5,500,000,000
    Kickstarter?
    ^ Yeah, good idea; I'm sure It would get a lot of backers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Just befriend some Dubai oil tycoon or something. Can't be that difficult right?
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTime1 day ago

I don't really play NL any more and haven't opened the program in over a year, but I love seeing your project still going!

As an Intamin fan boy, I would 'ride' Aeris and Xibalba for hours. Keep up the awesome work!