Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015

Obvious question is obvious - plans for a video?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Does anyone here have a GTX 970, and if so how much FPS did they have? In other words, did anyone try this in the rift? What was the FPS for that?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

73 FPS - never drops below 60

This is a wonderfully optimized park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

That's awesome! I can't wait to try this in the oculus rift... Should I record my walkthrough? It'd be a series of "Wooaaaaahhh's" and "Woooowww" and maybe some "AAAAHHH's". Lol.
    I would love to make a video, unfortunately, I have a 4 year old laptop, and it gets angry when I try to take a video, unless I have it at the lowest settings *sigh*.

But if anyone with a decent computer and video editing skills wanted to make a video, I'd happily endorse it :)
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Thank you for not password-protecting the park - I'd like to see what a little texture upgrades could do - the models are superb...it's just the standard sketchup UV mapping is making them feel less impressive.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Have to say I was totally blown away by this - Like others have said, I was expecting a massive FPS drop but it happily stormed on through ~40fps throughout the entire park, insanely well optimised for the size of everything! I especially liked the animated waterfall textures, I'll have to have a look at how you did that as it's something I've been interested in doing for a while. Loved both tracks, the launched inverted certainly had an interesting layout and Aeris has always been a great ride.

It's a shame the wireframes show up, but it's also highlighted a bug in the system, so... well done? Haha

Any chance we can get an NL2 upgrade of Breathe? I always loved that layout.
    ^ It's pretty easy to do, all you have to do is make a NL2MAT and go to Textures > Setup Texture Unit 0 > T.C. Mod > Mod Stage 1 > Set it to scroll at a certain speed using either S or T and done! Then use it to replace the texture in the file :)

As for Breathe, I can't believe you can remember that haha! If I upgraded it I'd have to remake the track and scenery again from scratch but I may give it a go one day when I'm bored :P
    Wireframes did not show for me! This is the first nl2 coaster ive downloaded in a long time and im glad i did. Something very magical about this park and how nl2 lets you walk around it and such. The wild west music is a bit sad is my only complaint..
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Are you actually going to continue out on Terra and start including your other coasters too? Since I was a big fan of Atlas and Xibalba back when I was a lurker on CS and would love to see them brought over to Nl2.
    Okay so my Auger video is going nowhere, I may pick up this as a video project for some summer vibes. Are you still going to do the original full-length? If so, I can take a different spin with it than you were intending.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Even on my terrible low end prebuilt it runs really well. (Relatively, of course). Its so nice and so well built, I love walking around it. It's a shame the flats don't work though, maybe at a later date.
    • CommentAuthortoofpikk

You remain my favourite NL creator! I'm not sure if you remember me from all those years ago but ever since you created Xibalba I've been watching your activity like a leech.

This park is fantastic, I'm so glad I managed to finally stumble upon your work once more. I'd love to see Xibalba some how feature in a second bench for the park.

Anyhow you have given me buckets of inspiration for which I am truly grateful for. Keep up with your great work!
    That is seriously my favorite NL creation to date. the level of detail is amazing and it actually gets better FPS than my current coaster!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

TERRA HD remastering project is going great. This is such a gorgeous park - it's so awesome to be working on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited

I... But... You... *groans*
    nSeven, stop being a wizard. It isn't funny any more. Seriously, though, that looks epic.
    oh.... nseven..... are.. holy.. omg.. thats Amazing .... WHOAAA
    Oh my..
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

That second picture....
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Fantastic park! I wasnt even planning on downloading it because I figured there would be no way I would be able to run it on my old computer, but after reading the comments here I changed my mind and I'm very glad I did as it was running fairly well even on my system. Theres a lot to be learned from this park when it comes to optimization, great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited

The optimization was incredible. I was on MAX settings (besides no "advanced effects," whatever that means) but I could not lag my PC. The only thing I could complain about would be the sudden silence in the music when walking away, and that some of the textures sort of looked funny (but I see N7's taken care of that, lol).
    What nseven is doing is fantastic work, it's wonderful seeing my work look so good! :P The entrance area hasn't seen much done to it since I first built it so it's wonderful that it's getting some attention from someone with more texture mapping experience than me.

Thankyou everyone for your kind words, I'm glad that there hasn't been much lag, it's definitely one of my highest priorities with Terra, as I have so much more to add to it, and hope future updates will be able to maintain a similar level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2015

I finally had a free moment to explore this park...and promptly spent an hour in it. Just amazing work! This is the gold standard for a park in NoLimits 2. It's vibrant, well-planned, well-themed, well-executed, and most importantly, well optimized. I maintained 60 fps throughout the entire park on my powerful computer, which means medium and even lower powered computers will be able to run this park at acceptable levels. Bravo!

We'll look into the issue of the hidden coasters not staying hidden in the exported package.

Everything is so beautiful and well made that I hate to critique the few things that bugged me. These are only small things that stood out only because everything else is so perfect!

- Use the lowest possible acceleration and deceleration values for the boat ride. Real boats wouldn't speed up and slow down that fast, and the ride speed felt a tad fast compared to the Rhine river cruise at BGW. While next to a dock you can keep the speed very low and speed up once out of dock range for ultimate realism.
    - It might also be good to move the boat track down further and offsetting the boats up the same amount. This will better hide the coaster track rolling sound I heard.
    - Aeris would make more sense to go with just friction tires in the station.
    - Your custom station gates look great! However they're static and that pulls us out of the park illusion some. I'd recommend going with the "Gates only" option for the station so you get our generated and animated loading gates. You can set the color so they still fit the theme. Or if someone is feeling creative with scripting, you can have a track trigger open the gates after a set delay when the train enters the station, then auto close them on a timer also. After everything else looked great it was a bit of a disappointment to have to fly to get passed the gates. I'd like to have walked up to the seat.

Keep it up! This is a remarkable project and the best I've seen in NoLimits 2 yet for a full park experience.

-Ride_Op
    Thanks for your comments Ride_Op, I hadn't thought of offsetting the hidden tracks to get rid of the noise, that's a really good idea, I'll sort that out for the next update, along with the gates, acceleration speed and friction tires. They're all pretty easy fixes, just something that I hadn't thought of at the time :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

FYI, looking into the problem further I found that if you load the park in the editor first, then go to Play mode the wire frames are gone. The issue has been reported.

For now, I recommend everyone who wants to enjoy this park start by loading it in the editor first then going to Play mode.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2015

Finally, somebody else with an on-board audio track!

A+
    • CommentAuthorijack
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

OMG! This whole park is amazing, and it doesn't lag...

I got so excited when I saw this was released, and have been getting more and more each time I spot something new. The mad house, "The Navigator" was a pleasant surprise to see, although it doesn't work and if "Cave In" and "Terranauts" had something inside, it would be amazing too. I am looking forward too seeing more of this park :)

P.S, are there anymore secrets?

:) - Jack
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

Was River Quest a big inspiration for your rapids?
    ^ Yes it was. I rode it in 2012 and thought "I need one of these in my park" haha. It's so much more fun than a standard river rapids ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

It's Phantasialand. Of course it is better than a standard ride.
    Posted By: CrazycoasterAs for Breathe, I can't believe you can remember that haha! If I upgraded it I'd have to remake the track and scenery again from scratch but I may give it a go one day when I'm bored :P

Out of interest, what's stopping you from doing a straight import?
    ^ Nothing, but it was made back in 2006 I believe, it was built by hand and before NL1 updated its physics in 1.6, so it would make more sense to rebuild the track from scratch tbh. And my knowledge of scenery was very basic back then, it was only the second time I'd made a track with scenery so if I did update it I'd want to do a true update.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015

Version 2.1.5.0 should have fixed the wire frame issue.

-Ride_Op
    ^Thanks for that :)

Lets have a look at what's been going on in the park recently then.

Both Aeris and Elysium have now been modified to utilise working gates.

Some work has been done putting in better fencing in some of the areas.

Meanwhile, construction is picking up pace in the park expansion.

Footers seem to be spread widely across the area, this looks like it will certainly be a large coaster, whatever it is.

As you can see, a large portion of what appears to be an indoor section is already complete.

Looks like it will have at least one inversion..

And finally, someone has managed to take a drone shot from outside of the park showing the construction site.

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015

This is absolutely astounding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015 edited

I seriously feel like seeing Verbolten's construction site once again. x)

This is really cool, keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015

So cool! Your park is magnificent example of how far this game can get! Can't wait to see that Verbolten style coaster. Nice to see you're also working the little flaws too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2015

Yay, one of my favourite parks is being expanded and improved upon. Definitely love the crane.

I'm excited how this will turn out in the end, but I'm quite confident you manage to pull off this area as successful as phase 1. :)
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2015

I mean how can it get better...tune in next week to see how it will get better!
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2015

This is why I have to buy No limits, I really want to visit this park because it is one of the best no limits parks I have ever seen!
    Keep up the good work!
    Work continues.

There's been an expansion to the Future City area.

Projektion's Screamin' Swing takes pride of place at the rear of the reservoir, with a little added theming by me to integrate it into the area.

And also, finally:

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Love the theming in the Screaming Swing! Very simple but a great improvement. And can't wait to see the Intamin! Specially having seen your previous coasters. Btw, is nSeven still onboard? You know, putting bump textures and making (hopefully) a video... Bump textures make a great difference in this game!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

I don't have his expansion, I'm still working in the Aeris area.

Wow...didn't think this could get cooler but there you go. Fantastic work man!
    Oh my God :o This Park is getting better and better and better and its Perfekt :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015 edited

TERRA ANNOUNCES RECORD BREAKING MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROLLERCOASTER AND BRAND NEW THEMED ZONE

The Terra Resort and Theme Park will be opening a brand new multi-million dollar rollercoaster located in an all new themed area of the park. The ride, created by Swiss company Intamin AG, will feature three launches and over 6,800 feet of track, making it the longest launched coaster in the world. Travelling at speeds reaching 60mph, the 5 trains will be subjected to extreme airtime, near misses, and 8 inversions. The rollercoaster will wrap itself around a 125ft tall ruined Skyscraper, broken highway and more while featuring duelling,and both indoor and outdoor sections.

Whilst the full layout of the coaster is being kept secret, the inversions list has been said to include several known and a number of maneuvers unique to the ride:

-Zero-G Roll
    -Cobra Knot (x2 inversions)
    -Twisted Horseshoe Roll (x2 inversions)
    -Barrelling Immelman Loop
    -Pretzel Loop (x2 inversions)
    -0verbanked Turn (x2)

The coaster will be the centrepiece attraction of the "Badlands" area, themed around a post apocalyptic abandoned cityscape wasteland. The area will also be home to two other thrilling attractions, including a 230ft tall Intamin Sky Jump, a freefall drop tower experience with riders facing the ground. The zone with also feature a new restaurant, as well as a number of shopping options and arcades in a fully immersive atmosphere. Construction of the area is well under way and is expected to open later in the year.

More on this story as it develops.
    Exciting! Can't wait to see more!
    Love it!
    Project Badlands is coming.

Featuring some of the most complex support work I have ever done.

And Projektion's Intamin Sky Jump themed to a H.A.L.O jump.

• CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2015

Wow!

This is absolutely fantastic. Bravo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2015

I'm pumped! This is so going to be a worthy extension to the already existing park. Keep up the awesome work!