Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012

So, I'm making a recreation of Wild Wind (**cough cough**). It's a relly loose recreation and isn't exact. But it's close. Also, later I will need help with 3ds, an environment, and a cartexture. Pics:

Top of lift and current cartexture:

The little funky S-bend. Also the only right turn:

First drop and terribly shaped Immelman:

The big whirly part:

Some station shots. (Eat it, Brett!!):

And, an overview:

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the drive wheel mechanism looks like a cow's udders?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I wouldn't come within a mile of that thing with those restraints and that immleman.
    Funny, I saw that exact coaster on RCDB just yesterday haha.

Anyway, the colors of the station look a little too... unreal, in my opinion. Other than that looks pretty nice.
    looks good, but the helixes are a little too big, so far so good though :)
    RCDB said it had longer trains (5 cars)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^^^^Don't worry, the real one has shoulder restraints.
    ^^^Unreal in what way? do you mean the gray and blue or the multi colored roof?
    ^^I said it wasn't an exact recreation. It was the best I could get with the space provided between the station and the sidewinder.
    ^I'm not sure if you realized, but there are no 5 single car trains besides B&Ms, so I went with track realism rather than car realism. And it wouldn't run well with three cars.
    Posted By: JAKoolI'm not sure if you realized, but there are no 5 single car trains besides B&Ms, so I went with track realism rather than car realism. And it wouldn't run well with three cars.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to get across here.
    ^^What?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012 edited

That's quite simple.
    The trains used in real life doesn't have a proper equivalent in NoLimits. So he has to pick something close, which is the Gerstlauer bob. But those have 2 rows car, instead of one row IRL. And he rather likes have less cars (in a numerical way) but a decent lenght.

IRL: /]/]/]/]/]
    NL : /__]/__]
    Oh, gotcha.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2012

^^That.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Your Immelmann shaping needs work. Even though those rides look... kind of carnival-y and crummy, the track was all Stengel, so it should be, at minimum, heartlined with an eye towards good shaping.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^I got it as close as I could, again, it's not exact.

So right now I need help with an environment. I need to get the wood texture to a smooth metal.

Also, testers are encouraged.
    In CK just set the wood texture to a flat square image.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012

Alrighty. I'll try that out.

Testers??