Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2012

Well I have been a "coaster freak" since a little before 2nd grade. Coasters are my passion, and I am currently going to college to get a degree in mechanical engineering. I hope to one day work with coasters, and if I am really lucky, design them (and if I am reeaalllyy lucky, it will be for B&M). I have been designing coasters for over 10 years, but it has been on inferior software (RCT series). About a month ago I was finally able to get No Limits, and I am still learning the ropes of it, but I hope that my work will be appreciated here :)
    • CommentAuthorwaddles237

Hey man, welcome to NLE. It's a lot different to AC ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I think you're me, like, five years ago. Maybe six.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

You share the same dream I have. Design rollercoasters. Welcome!
    Welcome to NLE rcrider!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012 edited

Posted By: JAKoolYou share the same dream I have.

lol I'm pretty sure almost everyone had that dream at one point. Otherwise we wouldn't be big fans of NoLimits.

Unfortunately you/most kind of start deteriorating from that once you look at reality a bit. Not one for crushing dreams, but you typically realize that you would kinda rather do something else once you gather details on what it takes to be a coaster designer.
    Posted By: AJClarke0912
    Posted By: JAKoolYou share the same dream I have.

lol I'm pretty sure almost everyone had that dream at one point. Otherwise we wouldn't be big fans of NoLimits.

Unfortunately you/most kind of start deteriorating from that once you look at reality a bit. Not one for crushing dreams, but you typically realize that you would kinda rather do something else once you gather details on what it takes to be a coaster designer.

Yeah, I mean I wanted to be one also, but then I saw the statistics:
    -Companies rarely hire designers
    -You could be doing the same amount of work and get paid more
    -It isn't as fun as it looks

So yeah, It'd be fun, but only if you're lucky will you make it.
    ..Oh yeah, welcome to the NLE! Sorry to start off on a bad note :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012

I think last I checked there were 20 people worldwide who could be considered "roller coaster designers", and most work for manufacturing firms, not design or engineering firms like Ingen-Buerno.
    Posted By: LaunchTower-Companies rarely hire designers
    -You could be doing the same amount of work and get paid more
    -It isn't as fun as it looks

I'm starting to stray away from working for one of those companies because of this (not the fun part, more of job availability). I'm thinking of crawling up the line into park management for Kings Island, or ride development for a park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012

@Waddles Thanks! It was a nice surprise to see you here

@Ling Is that a compliment? Because if so, thank you :)

@JAKool Nice!

@Luisvaldez989 Thank you :)

@AJClarke0912 I know perfectly well how the coaster industry works. You don't think I would do that kind of research. But with my degrees I am getting, even if I don't become a coaster designer, I will be well off career-wise

@LaunchTower Thanks for your optimistic comments :P

@A.S.Coasters Nice. Hope that turns out well for you :)