Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012 edited

So here is a place to duscuss your awesome coasters and incredible parks from RCT2. Longest coaster? Most intense? Tallest? Biggest park? Smallest? Pictures? Ideas? Glitches? Cheats? Any awesome or interesting stuff you want!!

To start it off, I was building a mega park, and had gotten about halfway through the property, and found that there was a limit to the number of banners you can have in a park. So if its ever up for download, youll notice that only half the park has banners. (are there limits to other things too??!?!?!!!?!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

Once, I couldn't hire any more staff, I believe I had about 255. :/

As for bugs I can add this one here (probably pretty well-known): When you are building a ride the game calculates the costs wrong while building and removing an object (e. g. when you build a Twist on tiles with trees you have to pay more than first removing the trees and then placing the Twist). This can also be exploited: If you place a ride on tiles with e. g. fountains (or something else where you get money back at removing), in this case you will even get money back for building.

Well, here's my current park, nothing big, yet realistic as possible IMHO. Please note, I didn't use any cheats or bugs:

•  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

haha, love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012 edited

Easiest way to get money when you're too lazy to get a trainer:
    1. build a 4x4 grid of any type of roof tile
    2. Stack them so they are 20 blocks high.
    3. Build an enterprise over the blocks.
    4. ????
    5. Profit!
    EDIT: fixed.
    Easiest way to get money:

Trainers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

<blockquote><cite>Posted By: JHawk</cite>(are there limits to other things too?)</blockquote> Yes, there is a limit (10,000) on the number of "people" in the park (includes staff), after which point guests will stop spawning until some leave the map. There is also a limit on the number of unique sprites on a map, which has famously been hit by a few RCT parks at NE - Euroscape comes readily to mind, but that was a long time ago. Anymore no one does parks big enough to hit those object limits (or does not build with scenery so extensively). You could tree a 250x250 map and not hit the limit, it takes structures with hundreds of unique objects per. I'll post here some of the stuff I posted to Reddit:

• "Hyperion", quick Intamin giga coaster

• "Mountaineer", slightly longer (project-wise) unstyled woodie

• "Uhh... frost... something", some bobsled I did as a study of alpine architecture with NCSO. Spoiler: It doesn't really work.

I'm sort of working on other things, but I'm afraid I'm at something of a dead end on each of them. There are a few teasers here, here, and here.

You'll be seeing a lot from me on this thread when I get to CO. I make extremely realistic rides that take FOREVER.

I also make awesome Scenerios with Tons of scenerys and stuff to make it realistic.

Also, the easiest way to make money is make a custom scenario and set "New Happy Valley Chinease Park Money Selection" other wise known as No Money. Then money is not a problem!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Is there a way to quote in Markdown? I forgot about that. Anyway, as a final statement, here is an album of other past and current stuff (but mostly past).

•  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012

My current mega park looks like a mess when you remove the base land. Resembles tree roots almost. There are huge walkways criss crossing around the entire park to circulate stuck peeps. Every time there is a mass of peeps that I cant unstick, I build an entrance to the nearest underground tunnel. Its looking very weird.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012

I made a park that literally has no unused spaces, even if that includes supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012

^How big? 60x60?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I'm not exactly sure. I have a few screenshots, but I cant find them in the RCT2 folder.
    Compatibility Files?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^???
    One of my best coasters, simply because the stats are amazing for the low cost of the ride!
    DOWNLOAD "Gauntlet"

Transfer track doesn't come with the prefab installation... you have to make that yourself. It doesn't save with the track for some reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

That's actually pretty damn good. Usually not a fan of hyper compact stuff. I'd keep those few pieces at the beginning banked though. Looks a little weird now.

Also, for those interested, the Reddit May competition is up. It's kinda lame. But if you're ambitious you might actually complete the map.

Posted By: LingI'd keep those few pieces at the beginning banked though.

I would have normally as well, but if you watch the train traverse it, it makes sense. I wanted to have that "unbank, bank" feel. Like a modern, well-designed coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk

Posted By: baadrixOnce, I couldn't hire any more staff, I believe I had about 255. :/

As for bugs I can add this one here (probably pretty well-known): When you are building a ride the game calculates the costs wrong while buildingandremoving an object (e. g. when you build a Twist on tiles with trees you have to pay more than first removing the trees andthenplacing the Twist). This can also be exploited: If you place a ride on tiles with e. g. fountains (or something else where you getmoneyback at removing), in this case you will even get money back for building.

Well, here's my current park, nothing big, yet realistic as possible IMHO. Please note, I didn't use any cheats or bugs:

How big is that right now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Well, it's just the entrance area. But I'm going to expand it a lot, although it may take a while, because I want to add as much details as possible (and I get distracted by Dragon Age (my project, not the game), Portal 2 and Age Of Empires III). ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk

I definately like the realism you have given it. I feel like youve made everithing look the way you want it to. usually, when I build, I have an image in my head of what I want, but i build something completely different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012

lol @ visitors per hour (first number)

... that would be awesome IRL (except the name). ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

I spy a Gianovola Hyper!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

If it's only 5800 you could probably organize your blocks better. Interesting design though.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012

I don't like coasters that have unrealistic names. Looks good, though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I want to show off what I'm working on. I really really do because I'm excited as hell for it, but I know as soon as I do I'll never touch it again. Hopefully you all will see it on the front page of NE in a few weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^^So you all know officially how bad I am at thinking of names. I thought this one might fit, as it's a park with the European theming, but when I take a look at it now, the name is just weird. Btw, the name of the Giovanola hyper is "European MegaCoaster" (another incredibly inventive name) ... :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

Uffda. I would like to think my names are pretty good and my parks verge on being as realistic and aesthetic as possible while still remaining true to the fuctionality allowed by the constraints of the game. I am currently putting the final touches on my latest park and just finished terraforming for my next one xD maybe i'll put some pics up later today if i'm not too lazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012 edited

Lol, just now I wanted to see what my guests are thinking - and before the list refeshed I noticed that someone was thinking "Cash Machine 1 looks too intense for me" (unfortunately, I've been too slow to make a screenshot). XD

Anyway, here's the finished scenario "Rollercoaster Heaven" (you have to build 10 different coasters with a minimum length of 1.000 m and an excitement rate of 7.00).
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012

there is so much happening in that picture holy cow
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012

What are the supports in the top right corner for?

The white Giga in the top right corner with that color of supports.

•  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

Am I the only one that never actually completes the scenarios? All I do is unlimited money on my own scenarios.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^No, I do that to. I select almost everything I can, and just build a park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Oh, that reminds me. I finished the thing I was working on.

Teaser 1

Teaser 2
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

that second picture is absolutely gorgeous
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: skyasaurusthere is so much happening in that picture holy cow
    Yeah, I know, but the map is really small, and the objective would be tough if there wasn't unlimited money. But it actually is just a "challenging park".

There will the same objective (and about the same park size), but with a length of 1,200 m neccessary for the coasters as an "expert park" ... and money is activated! :O

Posted By: JHawkAm I the only one that never actually completes the scenarios? All I do is unlimited money on my own scenarios.
    I loved to play the "Arid Heights" scenario in RCT1 over and over again (when I was young *stops dreaming*), but nowadays just building without money is boring for me since there's no real challenge, and there are always too little guests in the park so the coasters are half-empty most of the time.

^^The teasers look pretty cool. :D
    You do use NE objects, don't you? Btw, NE is an awesome site for custom objects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2012

It's not "NE objects", it's just CSO. Most of the stuff is by ToonTowner, who has been around longer than NE. But yeah, CSO is definitely just my style (although I nabbed a Bronze with an NCSO park... hopefully it will be posted in the coming week).
    I nabbed an 18%. Go me. :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I wanted to look at it but RCT2WWTT WHYYYYYYYY
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

baadrix cash machine 1 looks too intense for me? lol i wonder what it thought about the other rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

I hate it when I click on a person who says "I want to go on something more thrilling than the ferris wheel." So then you pick then up and you drag them over to the junior roller coaster and they say " Junior roller coaster looks too intense for me." THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY THEME PARK?!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

One time I clicked on a random peep, just to see what was up. So I clicked him, and his name was Walt D. No Joke!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

Posted By: JAKoolOne time I clicked on a random peep, just to see what was up. So I clicked him, and his name was Walt D. No Joke!

I did that one time, but my peep was named Lucas T. and I was like "it's me!" So I followed him everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Ha Ha! I'm just so honored that Walt Disney visited my park. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^^I have the (maybe strange) habit that I always rename a guest and check the i-button, so 'I' can walk around the park and follow myself ...
    I name 1 mechanic after me, so I never leave and I work with the rides. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012

I like to use peep tagging to see how people move through my park, to see if all the areas are getting visited relatively equally. i only tag them if they have famous names. susan s. kristen w. amy p. abraham l. and the best one, a justin b. who had a low nausea tolerance and wouldn't go an anything more intense than a 5. great.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Okay guys, this is a rather odd question. I want to make a ride that uses the 8carspertrainer. But my trainer is screwy and crashes every time I raise/lower the track. Can I send the parkfile to someone who can, or give me some tech advice? (preferably the latter)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I can do it. 8cars can be a massive asshole when it comes to Windows 7, no one knows why (and it doesn't affect everyone). But I have a virtual machine installed that lets me perform the hacks I need to. Sadly, that's your only option.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012

^Alright, thanks. My Trainer is an ass.