Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012 edited

Do some of you play legos ? Which models do you own ? What are your creation ? Here is a topic to show them.
    I personally own 20 000 pces, a huge street :

A yacht, made some months ago, with old pieces :

A small house :

Your turn now !
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012

Please size down your images.

And I haven't owned Legos in like six years so... waiting until my nephew is old enough to get his own.

I used to own some Bionicle pieces back when I was about eight years old. I don't know where they are now, unfortunately. :(

I still have two of those big tubs of them. I also had one of the "kinetic" kids or whatever they were called, and an Indiana Jones themed board game. I haven't touched them in years, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

I have a big tub of Bionicles and a tub of Legos. Haven't touched the Bionicles in years, the Legos I don't use that much
    •  
      CommentAuthorSneaky

Several years ago I made a model of my brothers Toyota Celica.
    Unfortunately I had a lack of red pieces (actually I had a lack of all pieces :P)

Pics aren't very well, I took them with my old cell-phone back then:

~Sneaky
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster

>_>

It's LEGO. ALWAYS LEGO.

Singular Lego is Lego. Plural Lego is STILL Lego.

It's like saying "Have you been playing with the Sheeps and Fieldmouses recently?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEd Boxer

EdBoxer's Lego Creations
    The castle pictured below was featured in Lego Mania Magazine and a LEGO Idea book. I even got a tour of the Lego factory!

I own over 500 sets and over 73,000 elements

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: Crazycoaster>_>

It's LEGO. ALWAYS LEGO.

Singular Lego is Lego. Plural Lego is STILL Lego.

It's like saying "Have you been playing with the Sheeps and Fieldmouses recently?"

In Europe, its Lego. In America, Its Legos. Everyone Ive ever talked to thats not foriegn has said Legos. Tomayto Tomato.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEd Boxer

Even in America, its LEGO - singular and plural. "LEGOs" is not a word.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Yes it is. In America everyone says "legos." They say it at LegoLand for crying sake!
    It's whatever you want to call it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEd Boxer

Posted By: JAKool^Yes it is. In America everyone says "legos." They say it at LegoLand for crying sake!

Guests at Legoland may say LEGOs, but staff is instructed to use only LEGO for both plural and singular.

And not "everyone" in America says the incorrect LEGOs. I'm in America!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^It's not incorrect. It's not correct. It's however you want to say it. Now let's stop this war and get back to the point of the original topic.
    Yes, it is very much incorrect JAKool, just because a lot of people say sheeps or fishes doesn't make them correct.
    Those were blatantly wrong remarks, lol. It has nothing to do with your country of origin.... Lego is the the plural of lego. Sure, you can say legos, I do myself sometimes, but that doesn't make it correct in any sense of the word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

I have an 11-year-old brother, so yeah I still play with LEGOS. I am such a rebel, guys. But seriously, I'm so used to saying legos that saying lego as the plural form sounds strange to me. But in my spare time, I sometimes try to reinvent a roller coaster car for the lego people to ride in. Too bad the pieces are scattered everywhere around the house.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^^Its not incorrect, nor is it correct. Ive heard it used both ways. Sheep is literally in the dictionary, so until they make Legos/Lego in the dictionary, its not incorrect to say it either way. /discussion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEd Boxer

Posted By: JAKool^^Its not incorrect, nor is it correct. Ive heard it used both ways. Sheep is literally in the dictionary, so until they make Legos/Lego in the dictionary, its not incorrect to say it either way. /discussion.

"Legos" is incorrect. Ask the people at LEGO. They are the authority. They will tell you "Legos" is incorrect. Just because you've heard it used doesn't make it correct.

Now please return to the topic.
    Sorry this has drifted a little away from the point of the topic, however...
    "http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/legal-notice/fair-play/"

The LEGO Group is another example of a company which tries to strictly adhere to INTA's specifications, and aggressively protect its own trademarks. Its last standing LEGO patent expired in 1988 (CBC News), but despite other competitors moving in on its interlocking brick technology, trademarks can be kept forever, as long as LEGO makes sure to protect them. One almost embarrassing display of trademark anxiety is the domain http://www.legos.com. Upon visiting the domain, the visitor would receive this notice:

“The word LEGO is a brand name, and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!”
    The visitor would then be redirected to http://www.lego.com. While it is true that “LEGOS” is not a registered trademark (USPTO), I do agree that it is ridiculous for the LEGO Group to assume that a consumer's mention of “Legos” instead of “LEGO bricks and toys” is detrimental to the brand. However, what I am getting at is that it does not make it correct. What you have heard is irrelevant. Lego is not a thing, therefore the word will not ever be in the dictionary, lego is the company name and thus properly it should be used as an adjective. Now, that is not going to stop anybody from doing so, not even me, it simply sounds stupid to those of us who grew up with it to say I want to go build something with my lego, I am merely saying that it is not the correct term as you are saying it is. People call Mac computer's, Macs, Audi cars Audi's, etc. Same idea.
    • CommentAuthorwardaide
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012

As ridiculous as this argument sounds, I have to say that until reading this discussion I had never once heard anyone refer to a bin full of LEGO bricks as anything other than a bin full of "LEGOS". Now, I am not saying this makes that usage of the term "LEGOS" correct, but I honestly have never heard it differently, so I personally will continue to say "LEGOS" when referring to anything more than one LEGO, which according to that notice Thrills posted, is not even a proper way of describing a singular LEGO brick, since it is a trademark, not an object. So....in actuality, anyone of you who said that the singular of LEGO is LEGO was also incorrect, as LEGO is not an object but a trademark and you cannot touch, smell, taste, hear, or see a trademark in and of itself. In other words.....THERE IS NO POINT TO CONTINUE THIS INFERNAL ARGUMENT....Move on with the topic concerning models built out of LEGO bricks/pieces, LEGOS, LEGO or even MEGABLOCKS if that's what floats your boat, but stop wasting time with an argument that will go nowhere because all parties thus far involved have been incorrect on a technicality, and we all know that whenever two sides are arguing incorrect opinions that argument will never die and we will have yet another potentially interesting discussion sunk/closed because we can't just get over the stupid little things that shouldn't really matter in the first place.

THIS CONCLUDES MY RANT ON BEHALF OF ALL THOSE WHO COULD CARE LESS ABOUT SUCH TRIVIAL MATTERS.....MOVE ALONG.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

^Thank you so much for your rant. I really mean it.
    lol Okay, okay. The man rants the truth.
    Breaking News: The letter S has taken 107,084 lawsuits during the year 2012 alone. Experts predict the number of lawsuits will increase logarithmically until 2030 and beyond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I think we should refer to the topic title for the ultimate in authority.

Problem?

/trollmod
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012

*Mini Bump*

This isn't an actual picture of my creation but this is just one of the very many things that I've made:

Thoughts?
    Posted By: I305*Mini Bump*

This isn't an actual picture of my creation but this is just one of the very many things that I've made:

Thoughts?

I like it! I actually tried to make a LEGO Funfair ride one time but it was undersupported and broke :'(
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012

I used to love LEGO. LEGO were like a hobby of mine, still have some LEGO left but otherwise all of my LEGO is pretty much gone.
    I tried to make a Vekoma Boomerang coaster train, I like this type so much!

(Cobra Walibi Belgium recreation)

photo Lego vekoma 3.jpg
     photo Lego vekoma 5.jpg
     photo Lego vekoma 4.jpg
     photo Lego vekoma.jpg
     photo Walibi_Belgium_-_Cobra_22.jpg

Hope you like it! :)
    Obviously it's not real (sadly they removed the option to buy your creations), but I made the Disney World Tower Of Terror and Phantom Manor in Lego Digital Designer about a year ago :P

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2016

Wow, a 4 year bump on a thread. Is that a new record here? lol. Anyway..
    I know i've posted a few of these in the 3d models thread, but i suppose i could put some in here. They are Lego models after all.
    My friend made them all, and i simply sugar coated them in Blender.

Just some new(ish) renders of previously posted models.

F40

Optimus1

Optimus2

mini

And 1 new model.
    big ben
    ^ ermegherd optemis prem.

And yeah, since Maverick posted his thing I thought I may as well post mine. No point making another thread if there's already a Lego one, anyway :P