Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited

Downloads (Main Projects):

Click the banners to go to the download page

Downloads (Side Projects):

Jump to:

Tremble Head (released)
    Doommaker (released)
    Dynamine (released) Download
    Rewind
    El Screamin Loco Download at Mediafire
    Cthulhu (released)
    Fenrir

This coaster is a reissue of an older coaster I created back in 2010. I wasn´t comfortable with the layout of this older coaster, so I decided to redo the layout completely. Only thing that remained is the double-launched beginning of the coaster and the Name. The annex "V2" is just provisional and might be changed later, suggestions are welcome. But first here are some pics of the actual layout...(colour scheme is not final)

What do you think about it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012

The first thing I saw was that very pointy lift crest. After that I asked myself how the trains will get to the top of the lift with only that short transport segment at the beginning. The acceleration on that has to be very hight to get the right speed for the overall lift height.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

The train is launched out of the staion to 50 kph, the second launch segement on the "lifthill" is a fly-through launch pulling out about 3 Gs. According to the Blue-Ribbon-Report that´s within the limits. At the top of the lift, the coaster has still a speed about 40 kph. Thats a short maximum peek of -1.2 Gs at the last car.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited

Also, the elevated helix-thing is weird, the MCBR is too inclined, and there are a lot of weird shaped parts. Try to use alway multi-zone force parts, and take real rides picture for reference. Even if it may sound harsh, keep up you work, don't give up ! ;)

EDIT : Oh and 3g is way too much, even if for the forces it's realistic, for an intamin it isn't. Try to keep them lower than 2. Or better, use a lift :P

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

What about making the launch straight and maybe a small hill before the Cheetah-Hunt-y element? I would like that much more (would also be more realistic IMHO).

Oh and 3g is way too much, even if for the forces it's realistic, for an intamin it isn't. Try to keep them lower than 2. Or better, use a lift :P

^ This. Totally.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

Well, removing that angled launch would steal the central element (and Idea) from this coaster, so if I´m going to finish it, this isn´t an option to me. But I think about lower the angle a bit, maybe from the actual 45 degrees to 35 and increasing the radius of the liftcrest. As doing this in Newton 2 menas rebuilding the complete track I also think about redoing the layout again, because I´m still not really happy about it, it seems a bit to rectangular to me. Another thing I like to do is changing the track style to LIM-Launched with some modification of the rail at several points, resembling the Intamin-double spine track.

Please Notice: I never want to recreate the style of any manufracturer, track style is only choosen by appearance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

Or you could make the launch longer so that it doesn't have to pull so many G's to get to a speed to get to the top.
    ^ That. I'm not sure why you haven't thought of that idea.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

After nearly one month designing various different layouts, here´s my reworked layout of "Tremble Head". Here are the changes:

• launch-force reduced from 3 to 2G

• pitch of the "lifthill" reduced, causing a wider apex

• "cheetah-element" reworked, now it features curved ascend and descent. During the descent there are 0 vert. G´s but some lats, hence you feel like falling off the track

• completely reworked layout after the floater

• maximum vertical force reduced from 5 to 4.7 G´s.

• lateral forces during the cheetah-element slightly increased

• track style changed to "lim-launched"

I´m going to create a double-spine track for the lifhill and the Camelback (and maybe some other short parts), all the other parts of the track will be heavily supported.
    Make sure the train can make it up to those helixes without any extra speed from the launch at the crest, if this is E-stopped and the train crawls over the crest, therefore rolling back in that valley you would get a lot of points off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2012

Either that or make it so that it has no chance of making it over the first hill with the second launch without the second launch being active so that it will just roll back
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012 edited

I have to admit, that I really don´t worried about this rollback-issue, but sure, you´re right. I made some tests and it´s indeed possible that the train don´t completes the circuit. The easiest way to solve this problem seems to me adding a breake just in front of the crest wich is inactive during "normal" operation but brings the train to a halt if the emergency shutdown is pushed. After emergency shutdown is turned off again, the train will roll back to the staion safeley.

Edit: This Idea is waste, because it could happen that the emergency-shutdown is pushed right after the train got full speed. In this scenario, is would be possible that the brake slows down the train, without beeing able to stop it. So the breake could prevent the train from completing the full circle.

I made some test, fortunately the train passes the cheetah-element anyway (I tested with just 1kph at the top of the "Lifthill"). Only thing that causes some problems is the second raised turn, so I´m going to lower it a little.
    good luck with supporting this monster :P looking good
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

Ok, here´s my (I hope) final layout. Now the train is able to pass the complete circuit even without the speed from the launch (I tested again with 1kph at the top).Also I did some changes to the Ending, now beeing a little bit longer and featuring a Bunnyhopp with -0.6 G´s and some turnaround.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Why is there a transport segment right before the final brakes? That last turn looks very spread out IMHO, maybe you could add a 'pre-brake' before it and then make it tighter (and forceful). Other than that, I like this coaster so far. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

Posted By: Brett-Jonesgood luck with supporting this monster :P

But otherwise, looks good :)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

I use this transport segment as an eddy-current brake. But as you can´t set transport segments as a block, I had to add a "real" brake-segment after it.
    The forces during the last turn vary from 0.6 to 3.9 g´s (and 4.7 g´s during the inlet). How high would you suggest the forces to be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I'm not sure, but IMHO this transport segment wouldn't be activated during e-stop and therefore the train would hit the 'real' brakes too fast.

Okay, the forces are fine if not sustained longer than 4 seconds. Anyway, that turn is too spread out for me (that was what I wanted to say, I should have written 'and still forceful'). But if you like it you won't have to change it, of course. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: baadrixI'm not sure, but IMHO this transport segment wouldn't be activated during e-stop and therefore the train would hit the 'real' brakes too fast.

That's why I say to replace the transport segment with a brake one, while desactivating the brakes and only leave the transport part.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3
    That's why I say to replace the transport segment with a brake one, while desactivating the brakes and only leave the transport part.

Thanks for this hint, I did the suggested chages to the final brake, it´s much better now.

As expected, support work took me a very long time, but finally they´re finished. Here are some pics...

The colour scheme at these pictures is just one many others I tried out. It accentuates the technical aspect of this coaster, but i´m not quite sure if it doesn´t look a bit too tame. So here are some alternate colours.

Colours are not necessarily final, if anyone has got an Idea for some other paint scheme I´ll try it out.

There won´t be heavy theming on this coaster but I´m going to do some 3ds station building for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012 edited

may i bow down and kiss your feet......? :|

EDIT: i need to say more about how amazing the supports areee!!!!!
    the amount of effort gone into this is amazing, i cant express how impressed i am by these!!!!!!!! well done! :D keep this up and i might as well hang up my supports :P
    • CommentAuthorPePpO
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012

I like the 3 & 4!
    crazy supports
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Wow, I wasn't expecting that! :O

Maybe too crowed at some point, but that's an incredible work you've done here! That's unusual. ;)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Posted By: Brett-Jonesmay i bow down and kiss your feet......? :|
    thx, but I don´t think this is necessary, you´re still the "Master of Supports" ;).

Posted By: PePpOI like the 3 & 4!
    crazy supports
    The 3rd one is the original paint scheme, it´s also one of my favorites, but it isn´t anything spacial (all "Superman"-Coasters have a similar one).
    Freaking crazy! I love it! My only dislikes are that the drop right after the up-high thing is way oversupported and the bar at the top of the towers is serving no real purpose.
    Holy supports Batman!!! :O BTW those look really awesome.

I think I like the paint scheme with orange track and gray supports best, though I like the original paint scheme a lot as well.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Holy mother lord of crappedy-doo-da. :O

ON TOPIC: I like the 7th. The blue and orange one.
    Keep it grey and white, it looks best by far from an aesthetic point of view. Very contemporary.
    Supports look badass. I do feel that they are slightly over-flanged in areas, but its not a big problem. Nice work man.
    Wow. I've never seen anything like that. You've created a whole new kind of coaster. XD
    I like the red and light gray or blue and orange.
    At least your coaster breaks a world record: "Most Expensive Supporting Job on Roller Coaster"

Looks cool at the same time though.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

Looks special, but great ! (It has something of jet coaster-y IMO but IDK what :X)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012 edited

Posted By: gigacoasterfanthe drop right after the up-high thing is way oversupported

Well, in fact support spacing is 8m, the average overall the track.I think The Picture just doesn´t show the real dimensions of this drop, the tallest support stands nearly 60m in height.

Posted By: gigacoasterfan...and the bar at the top of the towers is serving no real purpose.

This bar at the top has got a purpose, I hope the picture atop is able to explain the theory behind this support structure.

At least here´s another view of the coaster showing the first drop and the floater camelback painted in orange-blue colour scheme. The train colour will be changed later after I picked the final track colours.
    Aesthetics to the max.

The ride's really beautiful. I like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

Posted By: lujach92
    I have only one problem with this coaster: the weird support connectors like in the bottom left corner. But other than that, everything looks amazing! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012 edited

I think it's a little overdone in a couple places. Looks like it took a ton of time and it still looks good though so I like it.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012 edited

I hoped to release this coaster before going on vacation, but I wasn´t able to complete it in Time. So you had to wait another 2 Weeks, I´m sorry for that. But now it´s finished and released to the exchange. Here are some last Pics showing the logo, the station building and the cartexture.

Thanks to everyone who followed my posts and helped me to improove this coaster!

Please download, enjoy & rate!
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013 edited

As i just started a new project I desided to recycle this thread for construction updates on my new coaster called "Dynamine". But first of all here are some additional pics of my indoor-erofighter called "Dommaker" I just uploaded to the exchange. So this one is my finishd project, scroll down for my current one, "Dynamine".

Download Dommaker

Download Dommaker

Dynamine construction, new Lorry-Minetrain coaster

-World's most dareing Minetrain coaster-
    After I created Dommaker without a construction thread i decided to do one for my current project called Dynamine (project name, could maybe be changed later). It's going to be a Minetrain coaster featuring 2 cars per train. Stylistic this coaster can be classified somewhere between Woody coaster, Minetrain and Eurofighter. Here are some images of the actual progress

Prelift-Section with a long curve offering some nice lats

The first elements: 90° firstdrop, edit: Sidewinder (thx baadrix) and a about 15° upwards angled barrelroll

Top view of the actual layout

As you can see, the coaster is very much in the beginning phase. The actual paln for the finished layout is that it will also feature a fly-by-lim-launch ending in a Cobra Roll and is supposed to circle a plaza (with a vertigo or something like that on it) two times, one time after the now already finished section, the second time after the launch. Some parts of the coaster, especially the lifthill will get wooden supports while all the inversions will get massive steelsupports. Themeing will be something towards Western/ Mining, and the coaster will be situated next to a lake with the launch dairecteley over its surface.

What du you think so far?
    Love the upward roll, but a minetrain? Don't know how well that will play out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

Posted By: lujach92Diveloop
    *Sidewinder :P

Dynamine seems to be an interesting idea, I love it to be exact since it's never been done before (at least to my knowledge) and the execution looks great so far.

I'm also intrigued by Doommaker, I may have a look at it on occasion.
    Also, you transition into the sidewinder seems awkward.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

^Yeah agreed, could you press Ctrl-6 (visualize track flexion) or Ctrl-4 (for normal forces) and show us the First drop + Sidewinder?

Greetings, Lenny
    can anyone else shout SMILER loud enough? :P Dommaker
    it looks very cool :) i have a slight obsession with the smiler at the moment XD
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013 edited

Posted By: altlenny^Yeah agreed, could you press Ctrl-6 (visualize track flexion) or Ctrl-4 (for normal forces) and show us the First drop + Sidewinder?
    Here you go!

Track flexion:

Normal force:

The first rop pulls out a max of 5.5G for a split second, then the force decreases to something about to 2G before there's again a slightly increase to 3.5G at the sidewinder.

Posted By: Brett-Jonescan anyone else shout SMILER loud enough?
    You could think that Dommaker is Smiler-inspired, but it actually isn't. In fact the track itself and also the concept for the scenery was finished just before details about The Smiler were known. But I admit that black and yellow stripes aren't the most creative and world's-first thing you could do ;).
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I'm curious about Dynamine, I'm waiting to see some simulator shots to really catch that mine train thingy! =)

(I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find the force visualization in FVD++ not as clear as Newton²'s. For instance, in the drop ; it goes from purple to black without fading, but I don't think there's a pump here. :)..)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

^I considered everything above 5g as "painful" and thus pure black :D

I think I'll increase this to like 5.5g and/or let the violet fade to black slowly from 4.5g to 6g.

I'm not a huge fan of the force distribution here. Just imagine having -1g and then suddenly getting smacked down on your arse with those insane 5.5g.

Greetings, Lenny
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Just did some in-game-testing, so here are some pics to make the concept as how far this one is a Minetrain coster more clear.

Posted By: altlennyJust imagine having -1g and then suddenly getting smacked down on your arse with those insane 5.5g.

Likely every Eurofighter does exactly this, but apart from that I don't noticed the forces raising over 5G In-Game, also this only for a very short time, but i don't know why there's a difference.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnonymous
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

Well, the cars are built differently. From what I understand, the Eurofighter has pretty comfortable, and restrained, seats. A mine train is basically a box with seats and a metal bar to keep you from rising up too much. Also, mine train cars aren't built to sustain high G's.

Now, if the car was modified, maybe it would work, but you didn't write (or type) anywhere that that was part of the ride.

But it looks really fun! Also, I think the part between the pullout and the beginning of the side winder looks like it wouldn't create smooth forces, maybe incorporate the pullout with the beginning of the sidewinder, but still keep the distance. It would smooth out the forces, while also lowering the force and evening it out.

Hope this makes sense! :D

EDIT: Is the friction the same? I am not familiar with FVD++ (I got the VERY FIRST version, and I have been to busy to play around with the new ones), but that might be why it is different in-game.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

Posted By: AnonymousIs the friction the same?
    The FVD++ friction is 9.81 times the Newton 2 friction.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013 edited

Smoothed out the forces of the first drop, now it pulls out only 4 Gs but maintains a higher force over a longer Period. (Normal forces visualized)

I just hanven't fixed the problem that fvd++ still tells me that there are about 0.5 G's more than I've got in the simulator. Maybe it's a friction Issue, because the friction I actually use isn't right, in fact the train is faster than fvd++ says it is. Howerver this should have the opposite effect on the forces than the effect I've got. So I have to do some experiments to figure out the right friction for a Minetrain, maybe this solves also the first Problem (or, maybe someone knows the friction? I just lookd at archy's friction thread but didn't find something)

I just started to sketch the second part of the coaster, but I'm not quite sure how i will exactly end up with the layout for this second part. Here are to versions of what it could be: (Track flexion visualized)

The straight part is going to be the first MCBR, i also think about adding it directely after the barrelroll but I#m not quite sure if the distance between this first MCBR and the second one isn't too big, produceing a Stop during the ride what I don't want.

I also think about increasing the train lenght to 3 cars, just to have a higher capacity.