Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015 edited

I think you should try the method Projektion described in the Ask Thread: Here

I'm curious to see how the scenery turns out :)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015 edited

@RK thanks a lot for the link, the showed method worked niceley!

[Update 06]
    Time for a small update! I continued work at the station and it is starting to take shape, even if it's still heavily WIP. The first picture shows the entrance to the queue line with the boarding-and exit-platforms above it. The Second one is showing the rear of the station.

• CommentAuthordanball
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

Ermahgerd. That is such a cool station. Are the colours indicative of the final cut or are you planning on changing them?
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

The colours are indicative, but I actually like the green so I might keep it. But I envisioned the coaster itself to have an orange/grey colour scheme, so I have to look if I can get this matched. Maybe I#m chanching the colours of the coaster but I will also try out other colours for the station. And Everything will be textured later, of course.
    how did you make that?! I have tried to build buildings in blender but don't understand how. Nice so far. hold it green. It's my fav color :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

Green and orange should go pretty well together. Maybe add some violet somewhere to complete the triangle on the color wheel (thanks AJ!). :) The station looks so cool, definitely an interesting design.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2015

[Update 07]

@baardix: Thanks for the hint, I considered it as you can see in the pictures below.

More than one month scince I last posted an update on this thread, but now it's finally time to show some progress; yeiy!
    I finished the framing of my station and already textured most of it. Some of the textures might not be final, but most of them won't change much if they change at all. The fine tuning of the materials like adding bumpmaps ect. still has to be done, though. But scine I'm going to convert all the scenery to nl2sco's using nl2mat's later I haven't put much effort into them yet.
    Here are some shots showing the actual state of my station:

As previously mentioned I wanted to redo the bridge, and here's the (pobably) final version of it. I think it's much better now.

I'm currently working on adding detail to the interior of the station, like queue line and "scenery", right now it's pretty crude. Especially for the queue line which is completely inside the building I have to figure out what's the best way to bake lightnig into my textures, a thing I have zero experience with so it could take me quite a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2015

My eyes have seen heaven.. And they have seen hell.. This tops them all.

The scenery is absolutely amazing, I always had a thing for run down futuristic stuff, so this ride took my heart. Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2015

Very clever use of violet railings. I'd tone them down a little bit, though. The station building looks really great so far. Keep it up! :)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2015

^The color of the railing isn't final, it's just to get an idea how it's going to look like. Thanks for the feedback!

Short Status update from me, work on the interior of the station is very slow and I got a little bored with it so I started to do some supports first. I'm going to show some of them soon. But First here's the newly created logo of the coaster, I might do a rendered 3D one at a later date.

And there is also a shorter version to apply on trains ect:
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

As promised, here is the first half of the ride with supports. The supports are almost finished in the shown areas, just flangles still need to be added. I'm going to add them when all supports are done and I'm sure that I won't make any further changes to them.

I'm not quite sure about the supports on the s-curve/zero-G-combination - is that section supported sufficiently? Furtermore I think about chanching the collor of the supports of the Zero-G-roll to Purple to have the support color uniform in one area of the ride. What do you think about it?
    You're shaping is pretty unique, but I actually really like it. It looks like it would ride really well, and it also illustrates what you were intending to do with the element. I can only judge fully once I've ridden it. But it looks good. The supporting all seems OK for the most part, nice use of different colours. In your last picture, the supports seem like they are leaning which might need fixing, and the top connector on the immelman/dive loop looks a bit iffy. I questions its structural integrety and whether it is up to the job. If you made the main upright lean over with the track, like this:

Credit to Coasters and More for the picture.

Or you not use a frame work, and instead have two separate supports. For example, you could have one support aim up into the back of the inversion, and one near the top.
    The apex of the zero-g definitely looks under supported to me, but I'm no engineer. As for the support colours I think you could decide later once more of the scenery is in place.

EDIT: I notice it is 4 tube track so it is probably OK.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015 edited

Thanks for the feedback!

@The_Architect: I checked the supports in the last picture, they aren't leaning, it has to be the FOV. The Immelman supports are actually very similar to those on Cannibal, but I looked again at some pictures and noticed that Cannibal's immelman is a lot steeper than mine. That's why I have this weird long support at the bottom, which is indeed questionable, so I'll try something else.

For the shaping btw. the overall intention behind the ride because you mentioned it: I wanted to maximize the out-of-control-feel and tried to achieve this by not having any single element which is really finalized. De facto some sort of anti-B&M shaping.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015 edited

Side-Project

Vekoma Custom SLC

After beeing very busy over the past months and therefore beeing absent from NLE and NL2 itself I used my free week to put some supports on that custom SLC I posted at the "What did you just do in NL- Thread" a while ago. Putting supports on this ride wasn't the easiest thing to do because of the layout beeing pretty warped with very few space between different sections of track at some points. Since this is only a side-project I'm not going to do much scenery, just some surroundings, but I'm planning to make a park out of it in which I collect all my future side-projects.

Click the images to view them full-sized!

I still need to find a name for it so suggestions, as well as critisism are welcome! I will release this ride on the exchange but I don't konow exactly how long it will take me to finish it. I'm hoping to be able to upload it sometime next week.

At last a short update on The Chronocrator: The project is still alive, I started to work at the scenerey for the queue a while ago. It still has many white spots on it where I don't know what to put there yet. I will finish that SLC first and continue work at The Chronocrator afterwards.

• CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

That's one hell of a tight layout, nice work cramming all those supports in!

Nice to know the intamin is still ticking over as well, that was looking really nice so far.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015 edited

[Update - The Chronocrator]
    Unlike I promised the SLC isn't released yet (what a surprise) since I forgot to put it on my USB Stick and take with me to my Uni-flat (Note to myself: don't schedule anything) . But I used the time to continue work at the queue of The Chronocrator instead, here are some pictures of the first two completed* chambers.
    Click the images for full size

The "reactor chamber" featuring a reactor,a control desk, a switch box, pipes, some props...

...and huge tesla coils!

The fan is animated, thanks to keyframe animation doing this was easier than I expected. One of the best new NL2 features since its release, imo.

*edit: I just noticed that the control desk as well as my levers are still missing some textures.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016

[Update] - The Chronocrator

More than half a year since I posted the last update in here, it's high time to show you some of the progress I made over the past few weeks. I wasn't sure either to go with a boreal or with a tropical theme for this coaster, as you can see in the pictures below I decided for the latter and I'm pretty contended how it's turning out. 3D palms, flowers and shrubs are taken from NSeven's fabulous foliage pack. the Giant Frisbee is the one shipped with NoLimits2, I just recolored it to fit the theme.

Restaurant with an elevated terrace and a beautiful view on the coaster added

Giant Frisbee fills up the space in the middle of the coaster

Added scenery for the last turnaround, which is still to be supported

At last an overview of the last 2/3 of the track showing the arrangement of the scene objects and the reworked path system.

I did a lot inside the station as well, especially in the entrance hall, this will probably be part of the next Update. There is still a lot to do on this coaster but slowly the completition comes in sight. So, tell me what you think, comments are appreciated!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I wasn't sure about that station when you first showed it, but I have to say, it looks really good in this environment. The ride in general is really sweet, the layout looks cool as well. I love the area you've created for it, reminds me of some sort of Bond villain secret lair or something.
    Even with the amount of work you still say you have to complete, what is complete looks damn good. The station, all though awkwardly shaped (pretty sure that was your intention), looks amazing with its surroundings. Cannot wait to see what you do with the inside of the station.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

This has a vein of colder fusion in it! Well done.