Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited

I have several rides of which I don't want to post a full topic about now but I just want to let you know that I am also working on a few other projects that I have been from a while now. Most of them have already been posted on coasterforum, but I am eventually going to post them here. I don't want to overwhelm people with my topics and then get confused and what not. But here are some of the rides currently under construction that I have been working on for a while now. :)

Patriot Intamin megalite-120320213618001

Patriot- an intamin megalite

intamin giga-120226005704005

Asteria - an intamin giga coaster this is an older photo and the layout has since changed. the lift and what not are accurate though

Here are some that i don't have photos for
    -Firestorm b&m giga
    -voltage Intamin accelerator
    -Fantasy (not sure what manufacturer it would be) wooden coaster

Asteria and Firestorm will be released at the same time and you will be able to choose which one you like the best. Since they are both giga coasters made by different manufacturers i thought that it would be a good idea
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012

Agh, I have a coaster named Asteria coming out
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

rcrider4 i know i saw that and i was like dangit ... he chose the same name at me, nevertheless i still kept it considering i have been working on it for quite some time. Your's looks really good
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

Thank you. I'm just glad I picked it before you posted this. Otherwise, I would have to pick another name :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Clearly we need to have a knife fight to the death to determine who keeps the rights to the name.

•  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

Lol yeah totally
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012 edited

b&m giga editor

Firestorm

intamin giga editor view

Asteria
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012

intamin hyper editor

an intamin hyper that i am found that i started a while ago and forgot about. It is 261 feet tall and features 5.2 g's and -2 g's at most. It was inspired by skyrush and will feature the "winged seat" things
    Nice-looking ride.

Oh, and BTW I'm pretty sure that if that -2G on Skyrush wasn't a spike, it wouldn't be safe. So make sure it only reaches that number for a split second.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

you mean was? and yeah it is only a spike ... it occurs on the third airtime hill . also the back car gets -1.3 g's on the drop ... and i'm pushing the envelope here and the lift will be going at 22 mph ... Intamin's lift hills seem to be getting faster and faster and i'm sure it will happen one day so i just did it .
    • CommentAuthorReal

Yea, I hate when accelerometers are used and then that kind of stuff isn't factored out. Only G Forces I trust are the ones that would be given to me from the manufacturer from their raw data. That or extremely sophisticated and calibrated equipment that would be bolted to the ride.

Im betting its around, but no higher than -1.7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

reporting from people who rode skyrush, they said it is very intense and much more intense than any other high negative g force coaster they have ever ridden. So I believe it actually does hit -2
    may i see some better shots of the lift hill and drop supports??? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

intamin launch editor

Here is a picture of an intamin launch coaster i have been working on as well...

and Brett-Jones do you want a pic from the editor or the simulator?
    • CommentAuthorrctthebest
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012 edited

m_haugh16: seems interesting, though the heartline roll just under the tophat (/first element) seems pretty tight
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012

it is angled to the left so it is just the angle that makes it seem tight.
    Do you purposely select everything before you take the screencap?
    i would like to see simulator pics of that and the most recent one you posted, these look like they could be realllllyyyyy good! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

LightsAndMagic, yes i do. It makes it show up easier because sometimes the blue doesn't show up well. And brett-jones i will work to get those screenshots for you.
    ^ Oh true. I just thought it was kinda weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012 edited

intamin hyper-120526190528000

intamin hyper-120526190539001

intamin hyper-120526190546002

intamin hyper-120527125834000

intamin hyper-120527125851001

intamin launch-120527125532000

intamin launch-120527125547001

intamin launch-120527125558002

Here are all of the pictures for these rides i will release for now. They aren't the official colors so don't worry about that. The next time i will post pictures of any of these rides is when i start their own thread and start working on them again (i would like to get legend, galaxis, and stampede done first before i continue any of these)
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

i need testers for firestorm
    ill test :)
    i have just realized that you have like 4-5 coasters running on this forum all at the same time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

thanks for the feedback and haha really lol?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012

how do you change the title of the thread?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012

^You edit the first post of the thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012

intamin hyper editor 2

Here is another editor shot of my intamin winged hyper coaster
    you do realize we can see the coaster without you having to select everything :)
    but this is looking really cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2012

i know, it's just what i do. and thanks :) i plan on this being the next thing that i work on after i finish my other projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012

i had an idea for a new b&m turnaround. so here's what i got. it's like an ampersand hammerhead turnaround but with two helixes for the exit instead of half of one.

blah-120624213615002

blah-120624213555001

blah-120624213535000
    It's not really an original idea, though. I've seen it mentioned a few other times on this website. Also the bottom helix is a bit too big for my tastes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

well i've never seen it mentioned, or anybody try it out. and the forces would be too strong if it were tighter. the bottom helix is kind of like apollo's chariot, but much bigger because i scaled it to work for my b&m giga coaster which you can see above.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012 edited

Posted By: m_haugh16well i've never seen it mentioned

Posted By: JAKool In I305Evan's (and baadrix) B&M Hyper ThreadIs it a triple turn Ampersand tunaroud?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

awesome, i didn't see that post, but i still haven't seen it done. so i did it.

ampersand turnaround
    Maybe have the second helix go down and then up like the opposite of the first helix. I do like it though.
    If the bottom helix was made smaller so that it didn't cross the other track, I think it'd be neat. Really neat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

Lights, that is a great idea i'll try that and the reason the bottom helix is so big, is because the helix makes it into 4 g territory because it pics up a lot of speed going on it's way back down
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

sorry for the dp, but here are some updated pics of the element. I made it so that it rises back up and it goes straight into a camelback.

blah-120625103039002

blah-120625103008001

blah-120625102843000
    Looks really really cool, but I'm hoping the G's aren't sustained too long Intimidator 305 style. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

no they aren't they climb up slowly and quickly go away after the lowest point. The highest g's are only a spike

Edit: also, remember, i have this scaled for a 357 foot tall b&m giga, so if it were used on a smaller b&m, the forces would be different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Sexxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I think it would look better if the top of the element was a half turn later (I hope you know what I mean). The turnaround also would be more symmetrical (= more beautiful). Other than that, great idea!

@JAKool: Btw, it isn't I305's thread, it's I305Evan's thread (and mine). lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

i'm learning stuff in newton and i made a camelback... does it look right?

blah-120703175710000
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

Looks good to me.
    It's hard to tell at that angle. Show a full side view in editor mode please.
    It looks a little asymmetrical to me, but you'll get better as you practice in Newton. I swear it takes a lot of time to be able to actually control it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

I have decided to make the b&m giga that i have not been working on for a while (the one you can see above) my first newton project. It's going along nicely and here is a picture of the second camelback.

b&m giga editor
    The valley needs to be a touch bigger in my opinion, but you've nailed the parabolic shape.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

Usually, what B&M has is a trim brake on the rising slope of the hill. That means there is a small straight section (very small) so a trim can be placed there. Not all hills have it though, so it looks fine.