Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: Walki[...]what looks like a weird bump on the drop, right in the middle.
    That's a visual artefact coming from the LOD handling of the NL1.X graphics. Go check any screenshot of some far away coaster. It will seem(!) to be made up of stitched straight segments, even in case being perfectly smooth on a close(r) look.

Nothing to worry about... ;)

Posted By: m_haugh16And the awkward pump looking thing appeared thanks to the fish eye thing. It doesn't actually look like that.
    No, it's not the "fisheye", see my explanation above.

P.S. "LOD" == "Level Of Detail" == in this case, omitting visual accuracy for distant objects to gain performance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2013

I really like the splashdown area, it looks pretty cool. I'm also fond of the yellow lift hill supports, it's better than the red you've had before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: baadrixI really like the splashdown area, it looks pretty cool. I'm also fond of the yellow lift hill supports, it's better than the red you've had before.

Agreed. Although I think they should go back to yellow when they hit the lifthill/splash area. I think that area looks a little too blue and grey without the yellow supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

Thanks guys, and I understand what you mean about it seeming straight. And I will see about changing the other supports by the splashdown yellow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013 edited

Supports are finished. Just gotta work on 3ds, transfer track, and some other scenery.

b&m hyper small-130212165102000
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

although I do like the idea of different colored supports.... not that blue...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^I think the blue looks fine.
    Using yellow and blue takes away from the cohesiveness of the ride because of the stark contrast. Not a huge fan. Yes I know about rides like diamondback, but I still think it's a bit too much here given the contrast and layout itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorImagine

DC is right, at a glance, the beginning looks like a separate coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

there will be trees and hills and what not and other rides made from 3ds so you won't see all of it at once. The colors are staying as is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSneaky

^ I like the colours.
    It's something refreshing and different from the usual stuf.

~Sneaky
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

If I´m seeing right, the support-colour of the track parallel to the Lift is yellow too. I guess I would make the yellow supports unique to the lift.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

I don't think the colour change is a big deal, really it looks fine. I was going to say that usually colour changes througout the ride are there for a specific reason eg; Air at Alton Towers.... but then I remembered the Big One at Blackpool. For whatever reason the support colours change from dark blue to a gold/yellow colour for some strange reason. I do however love how they used partially white supports on the turnaround, it works very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Posted By: lujach92If I´m seeing right, the support-colour of the track parallel to the Lift is yellow too. I guess I would make the yellow supports unique to the lift.

I suggested that since the splashdown area looked a little too grey/blue, so I said perhaps he could change all the supports in that area to match the lift hill support colour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013

Update 3/13/13: The station area and transfer track are getting worked on and I'm starting to put fencing up around the low areas. After I finish those things I'm gonna work on making the catwalks look like they're attached to the track and work on the second pond by the overbank turnaround.

b&m hyper small-130313221623000

b&m hyper small-130313221644001
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013

Really great so far! However, it seems there's a small hole beneath the second fence from the right in the first picture, and I also noticed the catwalks on the final brakes are too short, but that's just nitpicky.
    Anyway, have you thought of using 9 cars per train? 12.5 % more capacity ftw! lol
    Very good! I like all of the coasters you've shown us.. The layout are wonderful, as well as the supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013

I've thought about using 9 cars but it really isn't necessary and it requires the brake runs and the station to be a lot bigger than I want it to be. Besides, I already have it configured for 8 car trains so it'll just stay that way. I'm gonna make catwalks out of supports most likely so the in game ones won't be used except the ones on the lift hill. The place where the hole between the fence and the ground will be fixed. I need to resize all of the fencing around the splashdown and the station because it's too big right now. They'll be the size of the ones in the second picture. Thanks for your input :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

In case anybody is interested, this project is still being worked on. I just took a break so I could focus on school and work should resume after this week since school is over after that. I have to work on scenery, paths, possibly other rides around the coaster, and small details. I honestly have no clue how to make a car texture, and have no idea how to make one at all. Can anyone tell me how to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

Hooray for triple posts. Kinda... Anyway here are a few photos of what I've been doing. I started the queue and worked on the fenced in area's around the low parts of the ride, and added some trees and rocks and what not around the other pond by the turnaround. The queue is coming along well and the things I have yet to do are catwalks, paths, and maybe some other scenery. This project should be finished by the end of the summer. I've been really busy with traveling during the summer (more than I thought I would be) so I haven't been able to work on my projects as much I would have liked to. Either way, I'm gonna try to squeeze the rest of the project in.

b&m hyper small-130717220702000

b&m hyper small-130717220720001

b&m hyper small-130717220759002
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

Kinda looking forward to this. I always really enjoyed the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013

Attero should be finished by the end of August. I just have to finish the catwalks, some fences, and some tree stuff. Other than that here are a few teaser images of my new project that I've been working on for a while.

b&m invert-130812170350001

b&m invert-130812170441002

b&m invert-130812170646007
    Fight of the inverts ;) haha looks good! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013

I've been trying to get a good invert layout for over a year now and now I think I finally have one that I'm happy with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013

So we're having lot's of banshee inspired inverts from now on...*irony on* 'good thing that I just started one too' *irony off*
    Its always the same :P remember when smiled was announced. Eurofighters took over the NL world for about a month.
    Atleats this time its a good for of coaster were inspired by xD
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

And don't even get me started on Ampersands...
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

I've always wanted to do an invert. I just couldn't get a layout that I liked that was good. But I will release more info about the ride soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013 edited

The invert is called Torpedo. It is 190 feet tall with a drop of 175. It has 7 inversions in this order: Zero-g roll, Batwing, dive loop, zero-g roll, wingover, wingover.

torpedo
    Oooh I like!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013

I'm guessing thats a big drop in the terrain before the batwing? Can we have a side view?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013

It's actually all on flat terrain. It just looks like a huge drop because it is a huge drop lol.

torpedo side
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013

I absolutely love your layout! I'm one of those people who thinks that a zero-g as the first element is cooler than the second.
    The only gripe I have is that the second zero-g should roll the other way if you ask me.

Posted By: JAKoolI absolutely love your layout! I'm one of those people who thinks that a zero-g as the first element is cooler than the second.

Yes, they're easily my favorite element
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

It roll's the opposite way of the first one. I don't want to have two go the same direction. It doesn't really matter and it rides like it should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Regardless, it looks yummy.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013 edited

I always think if the entrance to the zero-g is curved, that it should roll the opposite way of said curve, so you get a nice quick transition, and it rides as one big flow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013

The second zero g roll is modeled after the OzIris zero g which rolls slowly and is all enlongated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013

Progress on the surrounding area of the coaster. Added a few flat rides and a terribly made small coaster. After the surrounding area is done I just have to finish the station for Attero and the exit path. I'm still shooting for an end of August release.

attero progress
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2014 edited

I know I said that I wanted this to be out by august, but obviously that didn't happen. In case anyone cares, I'm in my senior year of high school right now so things got kinda complicated around then and I just didn't have time. So as of now I'm probably going to wait until I get a better computer (around may) so I can just release it in nl2. My computer is too much of a potato and barely runs nl1 smoothly so I have to wait a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014 edited

b&m dive

finally purchased nl2. I'm currently working on a dive coaster that I began on nl1 and so far the track work is done. I just have supports and scenery to add.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014

Wow that looks really nice. Really like the layout, and the shaping looks good :) Nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Is that a corkscrew and one of my favourite inversions* I see there? Interesting ...

*opposite-rotating Immelmann/dive loop
    Good to see you've got NL2, did you make use of the summer sale? The ride looks good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

Thanks! and no I bought it before the day it went on sale :( but it's okay. I'm just glad I finally got it. And yup, it starts off with your normal vertical drop, goes into a dive loop, into the mcbr, another 90 degree drop, into an immelman, into a corkscrew, through a helix, splashdown, right turn, and then the brake run. It's probably one of my favorite coasters I've made yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2014 edited

I'm still working out a few kinks in the dive coaster and finishing up the supports but in the meantime I finally came up with an Intamin mega coaster layout that I actually like and I thought I'd share a photo. I'll post more later, but it starts out on top of a hill and then dives over a creek and flies over cliffs and stuff. It's around 225 feet tall and has a 245 foot drop.
    intamin