Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012 edited

I know it's possible. I've seen it everywhere. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6mnDKSmcOs&feature=relmfu But now I would like to try. Does anybody know how to create custom tracks in RCT3? I'm pretty sure it starts with a Google SketchUp model. But then what? Any tips or advice is appreciated. Thanks...
    I've tried. I'ts really complicated and I would not be the best person to ask, but instead go to Shyguys World and look around in a few of the CTR/CFR topics that involve CT.

Also ask this guy. (He probably will not help you though)

You could also ask Image-Ant on RCTLounge as well.

However, here is a basic outline.

1. Create Model in Sketchup/Blender
    2. Add splines in Blender using Beizer Curve.
    3. Export as a modxml file (look it up)
    4. This is the part I don't understand. It has something to do with the Track Importer by Joey, or the CTR creator v0.95's Tracks-BETA version. Good luck! Also, don't delete your stuff and not make backups! (A.S. Coasters knows exactly what I'm talking about)
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012

This one's amazing :O

That one is already finished, it hasn't been released, however.
    Posted By: A.S.CoastersThat one is already finished, it hasn't been released, however.

No, just the other day, ImageAnt said that it was not finished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012

That's probably just one or two custom elements that he made in another program. You can't chop it up into pieces and have it work like that. And that means designing a completely new ride type and everything for one design.

If I understand what you're saying Ling, then yes it does work like that. You can either overwrite the ovl with a new one, or create a whole new ride type like you said.

Posted By: Linganother program

No limits. =)

BTW guys, this is actually Kumba in disguise. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012

You mean the track?

That Superman ride is the first half of Kumba.
    ^^

Posted By: gigacoasterfanBTW guys, this is actually Kumba in disguise.

The ride is actually a recreation of Kumba, he just made it like that for show purposes.
    Anyone know where I can find a chance gtx ctr
    This thread... is damn near 4 years old. For the love of god man, stop bumping threads.