Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorIronWolfman
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012 edited

I've Decided to pic up on the Coaster Thread thing because I wanted to show all my Ideas.

Recently I have been working on a DINN wooden coaster named Thunder Run. I might Finish It.

As of July 2013, the DINN Project has been dropped.
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012 edited

EDIT: This Project was dropped.
    The Dinn looks quite interesting. Does it have the slow pacing that Mean Streak has? (lol)

As for the B&M Looping Coaster, it looks really cool, although I think the pre-drop segment might be too long. Although that might just be the angle.
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012 edited

EDIT: This project was dropped.
    Haha FAIL.... XD Sorry, edited the post now.
    XD I edited my post too.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

Cool, a drop-loop beginning on that floorless. The helix at the end looks kinda wide though, what are the forces?
    Um, sustained 2 for about 6-7 seconds? Not Much, ill probably changed it...,

2G for 6 seconds is OK, provided you don't have an airtime hill that sustains negative forces for 3 seconds before it.

The only time there are negatives are in the first two inversions because of hangtime.
    How long are the negative forces sustained?
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012 edited

EDIT: This Project was dropped.
    Posted By: IronWolfmanHelix Tightened to about 2.2 g's for 5.5 seconds.

Okay, now it's safe. Carry on.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

Your drop is too wide at the top, and too steep near the bottom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012

The shape of the loop looks kinda weird to me (too 'tear-droppy'). If the statistics are related to the train I also think 20 mph is too slow for the top of a loop being so tall .
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012 edited

Unfortunately, this project slumped away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012

Hehe I like the concept, but on arrow rides airtime doesnt tend to be too comfortable due to the OTSRs. Take for example Corkscrew at cedar point. It has an airhill and to aviod uncomfort I had to push up on the restraint and brace myself for it. The first drop MIGHT be ok but the airhill and the rise into the brakes Im not so sure. But still neat concept :)
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012 edited

I love Arrow ALOT.

Phantom.

Edit: A little more for y'all.

Yay resized photo!

Inspiration from the Demon Duo and DL's Viper.

Edit 2:

How are these loops?

Loop 1

Loop 2

Also, what about these supports and shaping?

Don't worry, It's still coming on, slowly but surely ;D

I'd love to see the entrance to your corks :)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013

Love eveything, except that the entrance to the cork should be banked more. Usually Arrows enter the corkscrew at 90* or at the least 80*.
    You ask, and you shall receive :D

• CommentAuthorJAKool

on the vertex above the support, third visible from the left, bank it about 8-ish degrees more and blend it with the corkscrew.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

wow no laterals before a Arrow corkscrew :0
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Maybe it's just the angle, but I think the corkscrews look kinda weird in the third-to-last picture. The first one seems to be too flat, the second one appear to be uneven. The banking before the corkscrews needs to be increased a little. :)
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2013 edited

Posted By: nolimiterswow no laterals before a Arrow corkscrew :0

Yeah, it actually has lats, just NL being stupid in fly mode XD

Posted By: JAKoolon the vertex above the support, third visible from the left, bank it about 8-ish degrees more and blend it with the corkscrew.

Will do. Does that conflict with what Baadrix said about the entrance?

Posted By: baadrixMaybe it's just the angle, but I think the corkscrews look kinda weird in the third-to-last picture. The first one seems to be too flat, the second one appear to be uneven.

It's the angle. I really like that picture, though :D

EDIT: I think 70-90* is exaggerating. i increased it to 47* and I think it looks fine.

Also, photogenic? (using DC High Heat's Sabertooth Env)

I approve these corkscrews.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Looks much better. Nice job.
    Posted By: Ajax_CoastersI approve these corkscrews.

:D

Posted By: JAKoolLooks much better. Nice job.

Thanks!!

I don't exactly know how to finish the layout, because the station is REALLY far away from the corkscrews. I may pull the ride into a MCBR and a downward helix, then straighten out into the final brakes (ala Dragon Fire). Any other ideas?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013

If you send me the track, I could play around with it if you like. (I could also make a cartexture! ;)
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013 edited

^PM'd Also, does anyone know how to make custom lift sounds? I feel Phantom loses alot of It's Arrowness without the lift sounding quite noisy ;D
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013 edited

Well, Phantom is finished.

Statistics:

- Max Height: 104ft
    - Max Drop: 84ft
    - Length: 2351ft
    - Max Positives: 4.6 (Blip in back car, first loop)
    - Max Negatives: -0.7 (Blip in back cat, first drop)
    - Max Laterals: 1.6 (Blip in back car, helix)

Last pictures before I upload tomorrow:

Corkscrews, angle makes it look weird.

JAKool's banked hill and helix (minor personal change in banking).

Brakes Supports.

JAKool's awesome cartexture!

IronWolfman and JAKool.

JAKool's revised beginning, I added the trim to keep the train from hitting the lift at such a fast speed.

Overall layout view.

Artsy.

Thanks, JAKool :D

Sorry for the double post, but Phantom went live today: http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/phantom/6709

EDIT: I forgot to mention I rotated the footers. :D
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

I see you got my 'little' message! Haha! But the prelift was originally a curve right into the lift, but I reworked the ending of the ride to have that helix, and it didnt match up anymore, so I figured I'd put a straight section.
    • CommentAuthorboesball

Yeah, I saw it. It was good, but not great. It had some smoothing issues, and an apparent tunnel test fail. The supports were epic, though. Maybe you can support one of my newton coasters sometime!

• CommentAuthorJAKool

^The station problem is a flaw in Nolimits. It only calculates the gates up to a certain point. If I'd have made it any longer, than the final brakes would not have fit the train in an E-Stop and thus couldn't go onto the transfer if there was one.
    • CommentAuthorboesball

Please write that in your description, then. It is standard to have the gates fit, and if they don't, you should write the reason why. I will change my rating.

Posted By: boesball

and an apparent tunnel test fail.

Most Arrow coasters have this fail (in your rating you talked about the loops as the fail), but it isn't major due to the sides of the car being tall and snug so you can't put your hands to the side and touch the supports or track.

Posted By: boesball

The supports were epic, though. Maybe you can support one of my newton coasters sometime!

Thank you!
    • CommentAuthorboesball

Yeah, but the supports were closer to the track than most Arrow loopers. I think it's a bit too close, but if it was something more extreme, I would've taken off more points. There were other thing that affected technical was your smoothing issues. The ride wasn't smooth, but I thought your technical ended up to be about average.

I have a sweet x-car ride that I made, but I haven't released any pictures or info because I don't know if I will release it. If I don't, it will be because I won't know how to successfully support it. Maybe you could help?

Actually editing makes perfect sense. Put in the old thread.
    • CommentAuthorboesball
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2013 edited

That was meant to be whispered, but OK. The problem was that it already was edited.

Edit: What if, because of the code for the pictures, I don't have enough charterers to add it through edit?

So a lot of you saw the B&M mega I've been working on, because I put it up for download (Yay 13 downloads so far!) in the Uber Idea Thread. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive feedback, so I went in and took some pictures.

Drop.

First Airtime Hill.

First turnaround. I wanted a helix but Newton 2 was just like "NO".

Raging Bull-esque turn. The angle makes it look weird :/

Second Airtime Hill.

Third Airtime Hill.

Second turnaround.

Second turnaround again.

Fourth Airtime Hill & Helix ending.

Block brake stuff.

Train colors.

Overall layout view.

I will start on supports when I get the "OK" on the layout.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2013

Your transitions are way too short. B&M usually has longer transitions that blend into each other. I'm not sure if you're using multizone force sections for this or not. If you aren't, then you should switch to multizone. If you're already using multizone, try stretching out the roll transitions some more. Pretty much every roll transition you have needs to be enlongated by a second or more.
    • CommentAuthorB&M101
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2013

I think that you should remove the pre-drop and make this bigger in scale. let's say this lift hill is 230 at the moment, let's go for 270 and bigger transitions. also:

Remove the first turnaround and put in a hammerhead. if you terraform or keep "lot style" it will work great.

put in an MCBR instead of the third airtime hill. you could change the helix fanalie into a turn into a small hill section with 2 hills and turn. for example:

continue straight after airtime #4 and add a small airtime hill. add a small turn, half helix. another airtime hill, turn into brakes.

just suggestions, and make everything bigger. lift height 270 feet and big scale=awesome.
    • CommentAuthorboesball

I don't know about you other guys, but that brake sequence just doesn't look B&M. This layout in general doesn't look look a lot like B&M.
    Posted By: bigjoe97Your transitions are way too short. B&M usually has longer transitions that blend into each other. I'm not sure if you're using multizone force sections for this or not. If you aren't, then you should switch to multizone. If you're already using multizone, try stretching out the roll transitions some more. Pretty much every roll transition you have needs to be enlongated by a second or more.

I don't feel that the transitions are that short, but I'll try and rework them, though it will screw up a lot of things. :/

Posted By: B&M101I think that you should remove the pre-drop and make this bigger in scale.

Erm.. No. This is supposed to be a 1998 style prototype mega coaster, as I said in the Uber Idea Thread. Pre-Raging Bull and Apollo's Chariot, so it would still have the pre-drop and would be smaller.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

If you watch a POV of raging bull (using this as an example since you're going for an early B&M style), most of the transitions last at least a few seconds. I think the fastest roll speed is somewhere around 80 degrees per second (just a guesstimation based on the POV, not an exact value but it should be close). Unfortunately that doesn't really help if you're using Newton, but a good benchmark would be to take the length of a roll transition, multiply it by 2/3, and then divide the amount of roll change by that value to find an approximate maximum roll speed for a transition. Try reworking the track while staying under about 90 for that value, and you should be much better off.
    The lift crest is two small, it should have a min radius of at least 12m, the pre-drop should be flat, not downward sloped, the transition to zero-g on the first drop should be a lot longer, the g's at the bottom of the drops shouldn't be higher than 3.5g, 3.3 on most, the transition to 0g on the hills should last at least 2 seconds maybe more, deal with the rest later.
    • CommentAuthorboesball

Keep your head up, though. Making a B&M hyper is very difficult, even in Newton. For me, the fun and difficult part is getting the crests of the hills just right. I like to use a single zone force sextic transition with it being -x g's with x being the previous g's level. This will create 0 g's in the middle of the hill, and the ends of the crest will be equal. The parts of the B&M hyper coaster that made me give up were the turn arounds, though. I've got no clue how to shape those.

I think you need to make your track layout more sure of itself. I feel like it's tweening between a Nitro/Diamondback style and a Raging Bull style. It looks a little strang imo. It will take hard work for you to master the track layout, but I know the supports won't be an issue for you ;-).

Speaking of supports, "Panic" has already three ratings, and two of them wrote a portion of their review about how much they love your supports on it!
    ^Single zones are a nay nay. They make everything much more difficult and much less realistic.