Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Is there anywhere to get references images for the cross section of B&M track?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2016 edited

Is this what you're looking for?

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2016

Yeah, that's great. Thanks King.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2016

The picture from KingRCT3 is from a B&M Wingcoaster.
    But the picture link to RCDB from nolimiters is from a B&M Dive Coaster so that doesn't match.
    ^I mean, they're *basically* the same thing. Same track width and rail size, just minor differences in the tie shape/welding design.
    On the pro options I notice it allows for password protecting your park files. Does this password let others view your park but not edit it or what security features does it provide?
    It means that you need to know the password in order to extract the package and edit the files etc.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2016

Yes thats correct. I have a Pro version for nearly 3 years now.
    Are modern GCIs like Wodan heartlined?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

^ From what I can tell yes, but a lot of the transitions focus on rail placement too.
    Any names? It's supposed to be a sort of New-gen B&M Sitdown.

•  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016 edited

^
    Just take a random name of a atari/pc/psx/xbox game in your childhood or so.
    So, close your eyes and grab a game. :D

---------

Question:
    Extra Block lenght

I have set the Extra Block lenght to 25m (thats after the station)

When the station (3) is empty, only the break (2) should be active.
    When the station (3) is NOT empty, the break (1) AND (2) should be active.

Problem is, that it dosnt work.
    Isnt "Extra Block lenght" supposed to check, if a train is further behind the block area (for exampe: 25m)?
    So if (2) had 25m extra lenght, and on the station is another train, it should trigger (1) to activate the breaks

the breaking power is 0.8g and with a emergancy stop, its more than enough to stop a train befor hitting the station.

Im wondering now:
    Which of the breaks needs actually the "Extra Block lenght" to make it work?
    the (1) or the (2) ?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016

^So block 2 begins before block 1 could end?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016 edited

^
    yes. But i could change it to block 2 (which expands over block 1 [Station])
    I only want block 1 to be used as an emergancy break (e.g: another train cant leave the station)

Edit:
    Im starting to think, that you can't overlap block segments.
    At least not without the block system controler.
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2016

^ Yea, you can't overlap block sections with the default block system controller. I've been trying that for quite some time now (with my multi-move-scripts), but it isn't possible. Also, extra block length only works when you have some length between your block and the next one. But your scenario is pretty much no big deal when you use scripting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2016 edited

^
    yes, but i only use scripting, when there is no other option to keep the performance as high as possible.
    I removed the double break area for now.

When the voxel terrain works, i'll take another look at it.

thanks 4 help :)
    So I'm having a very bizarre problem and I have no idea why it's happening... I tried to make a simple custom tree for the background of my RU150 project, but as I was working on it today I noticed that as I get further away, the tree color drastically changes. Take a look:
    https://gyazo.com/e65baf7be7e366967a11872755504fcf
    This is the color I'd like it to be, nice and green...

But this is the same tree, only about 100 feet away from it:
    https://gyazo.com/7d8a064bc41486840a8534081795ef43

Does anyone have any idea why that is happening? I assume it's something with my NLmat settings, but I couldn't find the potential problem...
    ^ Maybe try LOD settings? I think that might be it, but I'd have no idea how to solve it myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2016 edited

It looks as if it is caused by the automatically generated MIP maps (smaller textures that are used when objects further away are shaded):
    There are two options in the advanced settings for the textures in the NL2MAT files regarding mipmaps for alpha tested textures.

If this does not fix the problem you can try to using the Nvidia tools for mipmaps or if you have Photoshop there is also a plugin collection that allows you to create the MIP maps manually.

The problem might also be caused by something else for me it also looks as if some specularity gets "lost" (filtered away) but it's hard to tell from a static picture.
    Is there a fast way to populate a lot of trees?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2016

^Learn how to click really fast.
    autoclicker
    Which is the most accurate for modern Gravity Group supports; simple, steeple, cathedral, or chapel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2016

Cathedral. That preset IS the GG support style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2016 edited

is there any way to fix the contrast between the background greying out and the skybox besides photoshopping a more gradual transition onto the skybox?
    https://gyazo.com/56f104969e7fe2e058a8910360541bf1
    Adding a small amount of fog and changing the colour to match the skybox a bit better might help.
    Changing the color of the fog to a much darker shade will do it :) It won't be perfect but it will help
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016

Does anyone know why these terrain markers are red? I can't move them.
    Too close to a frozen coaster that interacts with the terrain. Unfreeze it and it'll work.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2016

And that was the one thing I ruled out as the cause...
    Thank you.
    Not sure if this a minor bug or not, but i set up a complex storage system for fun, then discovered i cant remove trains from the circuit

https://gyazo.com/18865fdffcdc3d6f4fd4cd1cd02e2ca4

The pieces are connected though, You can still add trains.

https://gyazo.com/a054311f61b537716b65d34714bfbe18

Anyone know how to fix?
    is the section behind the transfer a storage block?
    no, its a normal brake section
    theres your problem, the next track after the transfer must be a storage section in order to allow backwards movement
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2016

Posted By: NemesisRiderAre modern GCIs like Wodan heartlined?

That should answer your question, lol:

(InvadR, Busch Gardens Williamsburg)

And third time I'm posting that, haha, but if you're into GCI shaping, download the Project Soar report, it's a great read.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2016

Is there any new on whether there will be another update soon? It's been a while now and was hoping for some new stuff actually.
    hopefully, now the mac version is on hold, all work on nl2 will be focused on new content and updates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

I wish NL2 had a dev blog or something so we could see progress on updates and what not, but I feel that there might be an update coming soon. Especially with the holiday season coming up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2016 edited

It actually has - but there are not many features discussed before they are finished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2016 edited

^
    Thats not a dev-blog. Its a trip to the past :D

i think the steam-news are more up-to-date right now:
    steam NL2 announcements
    its also not a dev-blog.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ Yeah, that's more of a change log than a dev blog. I'm thinking more along the lines of the Parkitect dev blog. They show a ton of in-progress content before it's released.
    ^we need that!
    ^^ i second
    Is the concept of an overbank on a GCI unrealistic? Or if they've done coasters with overbanks before, I assume it will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016 edited

While they haven't done them before, given that GCI have said they're fine with doing inversions if asked and since Gold striker comes pretty close to overbanking, I reckon it would be fine. Just don't go overboard with them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2016

Does anyone have an idea how to change colors on the Skyfly ride?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2016 edited

On mine? Update to the latest version, it supports recoloring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2016

^ Yes, that one. Super, didn't think you had it developed that much, wow!
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016

Hey everybody,

i have a two questions regarding the operational procedures of coasters and trains in general.

1. I assume that the trains are subject to a visual inspection(at least) every morning during the season. Correct?

2. Are trains that were stored sent through the track once without passengers every time? For example: Visual check in the morning was done. Until midday one train was sufficient. Train two was in the storage. Will train two be sent on a test run before it is used to increase capacity? Or could it be used directly?

If somebody has specific insight in operating B&M Inverters and can give away infos that would be exceptionally awesome :D...

Have a good one
    Daniel :)