Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016

1. Yes. At Legoland, specifically, the car/train would be "inspected" by both maintenance and the ride operators every morning/when they were put onto the track.
    2. Yes. Again at Legoland, a new car/train had to be cycled two full times before loading passengers onto it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016 edited

^^ I Know Cedar Fair does test run each train each day for every train on a coaster. Once the first morning tests are done, a train can be put away and then pulled from storage when needed without having to re test the train. Top Thrill Dragster uses this procedure.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

There's this interesting video of the inspection Black Mamba goes through every morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R45T_vLU_40
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016 edited

As far as I know a mixture of local regulations, manufacturer recommendations (or duties) and also some ride owner specific rules contribute the final inspection procedures. As far as I know some require for example up to three rounds (maybe even more) for a train without a passangers just before it is put on the track and some others test all trains in the morning and then they are ready to be used at any time of that day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Anyone who knows if it's possible to keyframe animate from sketchup and into NL2? I Know there are plugins fro SU, but not sure i the date gets copied to NL2.
    Hey everyone,

Is there any way to get exact X / Y / Z positions of support nodes like you can with track vertices? I have a very, very compact coaster with an exact tunnel-tested support structure, and I'd like to get the point data so I can recreate the supports, in their exact positions, in another 3D program. The "cursor position" is somewhat inaccurate at times. I can get the locations of footers on the ground, and the length of beams, but I can't do anything about beam nodes or free nodes.
    ^ I wish.
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2016

Hey,

thanks for your answers guys. Very helpful... reason behind the question is my inverter that starts like this:

1. Station
    2. ~120° degree turn, exit ~ 0,70m lower than entrance to gain the speed of the
    3. transfer table (10 km/h)
    4. ~100° degree turn, exit ~ 0,70m lower than entrance to gain the speed of the
    5. lift (12 km/h)

So a train from the storage has to finish one round before it can be used. Seems unpractical at first if you think of the described situation above, but now i think it´s not so bad that it "destroys" the realism of the layout (changing the is no option ;). On the contrary, it seems the train has to anyway :)...cool.

Thanks again...
    Daniel :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2016

Whenever I open NoLimits2, I get a loud coaster sound that continues even after I close NoLimits2. What's wrong with this? I can't open the program anymore because of the lound noise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2016 edited

^
    Same goes for me.
    But last time, it also killed my internet connection, as soon as the train stopped at the station.

hopefully it wont happen again >.<

-----------

do you also use steam?
    If yes, i think its a problem with steam itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTijjer

I had the same problem myself last night with the sound. Steam would also keep giving me the window that it was starting it. I would try closing steam and opening NL2 through the desktop shortcut, that seemed to get rid of the problem for me.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^^I never experienced this.
    I've however crashed the game on multiple occasions. I don't really no why or how(to recreate it), but when I accidentally click on "save" while not changing something, I get the info text, but it doesn't fade away completely(still somewhat visible) and I can't do anything other than closing the game manually. Is there a fix for that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Oh I also had this but NL2 was not even running, I had to shut down steam to make the sound disappear, I thought it was some NL2 video that was running in the background inside the steam browser because of this. This happend two times now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2016 edited

Same here. Steam also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

the problem is the "Steam client WebHelper (32/64bit)"
    For some reason, it load multiple webpages automaticly. Cant see exactly what, because i haven't installed an advanced taskmanager (like process explorer).

Just open Taskmanager and end the processes of the steam Client Webhelper. (worst case: you need to reload a page in steam / best case: you got the right one and the sound is off).

Each Webhelper is like an open webpage in steam (like a tab in chrome).
    Ending the process shouldn't destabilize the client.

It happens, whenever you select the NL2 game in your steam lib. :s
    Does anyone know of a Mondial Top Scan made for NL anywhere?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I would love to have that ride to add to my indoor "The Carrot Games Park." Funfair Simulator 3 for the Ipad has already had it for a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2016 edited

question about: Virtual Reality (VR-googles)

if someone with VR turns around, would that be the same, as if i move the cursor around?

need to setup some sort of GUI and it would be bad, if it wont stick to the camera in VR.
    If it sticks to the camera, than i just need to create a plane-mesh and if not, i'll need to create a sphere (with back behind the viewer, so the player cant see the changes while in the GUI-mode)

sadly i cant buy VR myself...
    first: its too expansive
    secound: i'll get motion sickness of it (dosnt matter how well it is optimized).

EDIT:
    Is this a bug?

(webm / not working in Firefox)

Yes, i used occluder.
    But look how it hides the "map-chunks".
    Its diagonal and not from my viewpoint.

If im hovering over it, it should occlude the vector from me, to the occluder object and hide everything behind it.

But i dont know...
    Looks just a bit strange. Hopefully someone could this explain to me, too :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2016 edited

How do GCI transfer tracks work? I'm slightly confused as they don't seem to have a full train length of track for transferring.

EDIT: Also, which supports do they use from the generator? And which bent spacing is used?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016 edited

This is really unlikely, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Back in 2005/6, there was a video on Youtube called "Cisne 304" that was, from what I remember, recorded off of a projector screen during some presentation. There was no sound actual sound in the video, just an overdubbed song. It was an NL1 video of the Furius Baco layout about a year or 2 before the ride came to be, the track was coloured red and there was no scenery.

The main reason I'm intrigued by this video is that it had a generic version of the Intamin wingrider trains as the in game trains. Does anyone happen to have a picture or downloaded a copy of the video before it got taken offline? I've been searching for years for this video trying to find a picture of those trains. I know the video definitely exists because of comments made on TPR and other Spanish sites referencing it in 2006.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2016 edited

You may want to ask Ole, as it was a job from the NL team :

Posted By: Ole on CoastersimsThere is not a single all-in-one professional version. Instead each company gets their own special professional version with features depending on what they purchased. I confirm that the Intamin coaster simulation for Port Aventura was made using NoLimits. The coaster style used for this video was an exclusive job and it will not be part of the next update or following updates as long as the exclusive state of the coaster style is not changed by Intamin.

- Ole

EDIT : Oh, you edited your message I didn't see that. But yeah, ask the team. With luck they still have some archives.

I remember this video as well. I even found the original link, but alas not working anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPbmQ3J4FQ
    Also, remember that at the time, it was also called a wingwalker.
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2016

I'm having trouble getting a trigger to appear behind a staion segment in order to get TheCodeMaster's custom RMC trains to work. Help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Can you be more specific? All you have to do is place a trigger right before the station and name is "Station" exactly like the quotes. It's also worth noting that you can't place a trigger on a transfer track segment.
    • CommentAuthorI305

^ I just recently bought NL2 so I do not yet know how to place a trigger. Can you please tell me how? I tried to look it up but I couldn't find much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

• CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

Would anyone be able to send me Dave's Air recreation? The download link for me doesn't seem to be working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016

I want to create a new-style B&M invert. Is there a way to use a flying coaster without having the seats rotate into the flying position?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2016

^ Probably not without some kind of custom script.. I've tried to do that as well, but with no luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016 edited

I have found a not existing Coaster ID in the Clearance Envelope object:
    52_VekomaS
    edit(another one):
    79_MSSW

Accourding to the NLVM, the number represents the coasterID.

But in the "Helpfile > Reference > File Formats" is only a id of 50 (Maurer X Car) and 55 (Zamperla Spinning) listed.
    In 3ds-files, the element name gets cut of after a few letters.

At least this explains, why some IDs skipped a few numbers.
    I would hazard a guess that it'll be something to do with professional models, ones that arn't available to the public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016 edited

Was also my first thought, but companies get their own version.
    Here a few posts earlier:

Posted By: KingRCT3You may want to ask Ole, as it was a job from the NL team :

Posted By: Ole on CoastersimsThere is not a single all-in-one professional version. Instead each company gets their own special professional version with features depending on what they purchased. I confirm that the Intamin coaster simulation for Port Aventura was made using NoLimits. The coaster style used for this video was an exclusive job and it will not be part of the next update or following updates as long as the exclusive state of the coaster style is not changed by Intamin.

- Ole

They have a completely different dev-branch.
    Maybe scrapped coaster types, that didnt look good enough and are on hold?

Or you may be right, but instead of blocked/unavalable models, they are just placeholders.

EDIT:
    Im now finished, sorting all elements.

+63_B&MVHyp

But i'll skip all those unused coaster types for my little project...
    • CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2016

Has anyone been able to get the LSM sounds on Code's Premier pack to work? There's an LSM sound that plays once I open the park but the LSMs themselves don't make sound as the train passes over them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ As far as I can tell, there isn't any sound included for that yet.
    • CommentAuthortlansdell

^Okay. I remember that on the thread with the download link Code posted that the LSMs "auto-attach to the track with matching sounds". Maybe he'll update them?
    ^the sounds work for me. Not sure why they don't for you
    • CommentAuthortlansdell

^They play for a second when I start the park and then they stop. Does there have to be a trigger before the LSMs? I wouldn't think so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2016

How do I lower the heartline of a coaster? I need to know so I can use Codes modern Intamin trains.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2016

Coaster tab --> Coaster properties --> Mode
    Don't quote me on this, but i believe the modern intamin coasters use a heart line of 0.85m
    ^Code keeps reminding us that it's a 0.9m heartline
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2016

I don't have an option to change the size of the heart line though. I only have "Center of rails", "Heartline of Current Coaster Style" and Custom. I've tried custom but I don't think its right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10

Its ok now guys. Its 1.1m.
    you can do a custom y heartline of 0.9
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

The 2 MPH LSM lifts on my I'm Sorry jet coaster also do not make any sound. Is it because they are too slow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^ Linear motors are generally silent, so it's not.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

U can add sound to LSM if u like to make it more realistic sounding.
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2017

I'm using the Intamin Rocket Style and it will only let me use 4 tube track or modern double spine track for station and brake segments. How do I fix this?
    Use magnetic brakes or hide them. You can't use the retractable brakes on any other spine types.
    English
    Hello, I have a very important question for you. I'm working on a huge project called NoLimits 2: Vliegende Hollander Efteling. Efteling itself is aware of the project and that is why I want to be ready as soon as possible. so far everything is going really enjoying myself and everything is on schedule. The 3D modeling is also good and will be ready on time the only thing I'm worried about now is the Track (Track) succeed me not to get the track smooth. This makes for a lot of a wind was now my question: I need someone who can make the track for me (the outer part), I hereby someone who is an expert in making NoLimits 2 Coasters (Tracks), which pay close attention to the of smooth and G-forces. those who want to do this for me and is really good also will be mentioned during the presentation of the project to the Efteling. Also the project will be posted on YouTube after the presentation. I will put in the description the name of the person who helps me with this example: Track Work by: ....... if there is anyone who can help me you me E-mail at This e-mail address, and can I send photos, videos and information. I want one that can help me already very much for your help Greetings: NolimitsProjects

E-mail: damianversluis@gmail.com

Dutch
    Hallo, Ik heb een heel erg belangrijke vraag aan jullie. ik ben bezig met een enorm groot project in Nolimits 2 genaamd: Vliegende Hollander Efteling. de Efteling zelf is op de hoogte van het project en daarom wil ik zo snel mogelijk klaar zijn. tot nu toe gaat alles heel erg naar mijn zin en alles loopt op schema. Het 3D modelleren gaat ook goed en zal optijd klaar zijn het enige probleem waar ik nu mee zit is de Rails (Track) het lukt mij maar niet om de track smooth te krijgen. Dit zorgt voor heel veel vetraging nu is mijn vraag: ik heb iemand nodig die de track voor mij kan maken (het buitenstuk) ik heb hierbij iemand nodig die een expert is in het maken van Nolimits 2 Coasters (Tracks) die goed let op de smoothheid en G-Krachten. degene die dit voor mij wilt doen en echt goed is zal ook genoemd worden tijdens het presenteren van het project aan de Efteling. ook wordt het project na afloop van de presentatie op YouTube geplaatst. dan zal ik in de beschrijving de naam zetten van degene die mij hierbij helpt bijvoorbeeld: Trackwork by: ....... als er iemand is die mij kan helpen kun je mij E-mailen op dit E-mail adres, en kan ik foto's, video's en informatie sturen. ik wil degene die mij kan helpen alvast erg bedanken voor je hulp Groetjes: NolimitsProjects

E-mail: damianversluis@gmail.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2017 edited

I 'd like to help with the outdoor track, I've got some 'efteling'-coaster experience since I made the track for baron 1898

Ik zou graag helpen met het outdoor gedeelte, en ik heb ook de track voor baron1898 gemaakt. Stuur gerust een fluisterbericht.
    (pov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDfrdLXFfxU)