Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017 edited

Can someone please tell me where to get different auto plant grass textures other than the one given in the game?
    How good is Movieland? I'm going to be out in Italy for 5 days or so in October - I know I'm doing Gardaland for their Halloween event (presumably two days) and I knew Movieland was nearby. The coaster collection didn't amaze me so much, but if there's lots of memorable stuff I may look into it.
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017

^if I had a chance to ride a first-gen Intamin freefall, I wouldn't pass on it
    • CommentAuthorI305

1.) Is there a way to not have a type separator create a spine connector too?

2.) How do I make a flying coaster lift have a large spine? It won't let me. :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

You could overlay a separate coaster track segment, make that have a large spine and make the original invisible. That's generally what I do. Or make a 3D version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017 edited

^^
    1. Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure you are stuck with them.
    2. You can't select large or medium box spines on lift segments unfortunately, but you can make a dummy track for the large spine as a workaround. Easiest way is to import another copy of the coaster you want the lift for, and delete everything except the lift segment. Then play around with invisible segments to line things up.
    • CommentAuthorI305

^ Thanks! I'm still searching for different auto plant grass textures. Does anyone know where I can get some different ones?
    Does anyone know or a typical length of a MACK launch like on Manta or Blue Fire?
    • CommentAuthorasianguruu

Blue Fire is 80m
    ^Thanks.
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017 edited

^ Have you considered finding out the typical acceleration of a Mack launch? Blue Fire and Manta have different design speeds, so it makes sense that their launches would be different lengths.
    ^that would be awesome. Anywhere I can find that out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017

You can do calculations of estimated start speed (if any) to final vs time to get an answer, and also you can calculate G force in order to make that happen in NL2.
    • CommentAuthorPhysical

Is there an easy way to get a dual-speed chain lift without having to resort to multiple chain lift segments on the same lift? For example, the block following the lift is occupied, say by a train that is approaching the mid-course or FBR. If the block following the lift is occupied, the lift runs at 2MPH, once the following block is clear, the lift speeds up to 5MPH.
    ^ afaik this isn't possible (at least easily). I think even with scripting you can't control the speed of a lift/transport, only turn it on or off.

I can think of a way you might do it with difficulty and a custom block script?
    ^^^ I'll have to pull out my Physics notes. I did the calculations for Wicked at Lagoon years ago. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

^^ I believe there is a way to set it up using a custom blockscript, but it's really not worth it for the amount of work you'd put it. it would probably just be easier to modify the station interval time to make sure the following block is empty by the time the train reaches the top of the lift.

Posted By: UtahCoasterRider^^^ I'll have to pull out my Physics notes. I did the calculations for Wicked at Lagoon years ago. Thanks.
    RCDB says Blue Fire reaches 100 km in 2.5 seconds, which is 1.13 Gs. However, if you look at the povs, the launch takes ~4 seconds, which would be 0.7 Gs. This makes more sense IMO, as I have heard that Helix's launch was not as forceful as most people wanted.
    ^ Thanks. I'm working on a Mack MultiLaunch and wanted some standards to compare it too
    • CommentAuthorPhysical
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017

Posted By: Projektion^^ I believe there is a way to set it up using a custom blockscript, but it's really not worth it for the amount of work you'd put it. it would probably just be easier to modify the station interval time to make sure the following block is empty by the time the train reaches the top of the lift.

I'm trying to avoid having to do that to increase the efficiency and riders per hour of my coasters. I worked out splitting the lift hill into multiple lift segments works, but it causes block violations if 2 trains are on the lift at the same time.
    • CommentAuthorI305
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017 edited

How to I achieve different B&M track connector angles other than 0 or 90 degrees? I've seen it been done on some more recent rides, yet can't figure out how to pull it off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Unfortunately I don't believe it's possible at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^^ I replied to your question in my thread.
    • CommentAuthorI305

^ Thanks! Would anyone know if there's a way to change the texture, height, or repetitiveness of auto plant grass?
    • CommentAuthorGigaG

I always thought that NL2 needed a more user-friendly form of "scripting" using triggers and an "if this then that" type of interface. Not to replace the current one, but to make such customization more accessible to users.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2017

I am trying to get the sound sphere working in my park. I names the .ogg music file, "wine.ogg" Is that ready to be put into the script class that you enter the music file name int to get the sphere to play it ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

A question to anyone who as been on a Morgan hyper, what type of airtime do they have? Ejector/floater/etc?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

At least on Steel Force, you have solid floater for the larger hills in all seats and slightly stronger pops in the back on the return run.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Why does No Limits 2 crest a .mov video file than cannot be played or compressed with MPEG Squared. Should I use something other than VLC media player. It used to work better with mov files. But it does not work as well this year. I am also getting a low disk space message when I am trying to record my 45 minute long jet coaster. The video file was 117 GB in size. And that was not the whole video.
    • CommentAuthorrobdcx

^^^
    Steel Force is as JAKool described. Phantom's Revenge has strong ejector air on all the small hills around the station.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2017

Is there any way to increase the accuracy of these numbers, like show more digits?
    This is in Newton 2, and I am just trying to get more precise.
     photo fhg_zpsynsfrjrz.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF

Is it possible to have more than one station load at once, and then both dispatch at the same time?
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

BirdNerd, refer to this thread: http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2712. Read the post where Lenny mentions the 1972 Olympics.

I go to as many decimal places as FVD++ allows, but it probably isn't necessary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: BigbadBirdNerd, refer to this thread: http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2712. Read the post where Lenny mentions the 1972 Olympics.

I go to as many decimal places as FVD++ allows, but it probably isn't necessary.

Okay thanks, I was just being lazy and didn't look it up lol!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017

Almost no one knows that about FVD++. I don't even think about it, and I only use FVD++ these days. I'd say to get the numbers where you want them, so 60 rather than 60.01, but then don't worry if it is 60.009.

I'll note that FVD++ goes out another decimal place, however.
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13

I don't know what other thread to put this in, but I think this one is right.

What is the process to get NL2 back after hard resetting your computer? I recently had to hard reset and I thought NL2 was backed up, but it wasn't. How do I go about getting it redownloaded and installed on my PC?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

If you have it on steam it's as easy as just redownloading it from your library.

Otherwise you can revisit the email you used from the NL2 team to get the download link + key. If you haven't already though I highly suggest just getting requesting a key for steam. Seriously, it's so much more convenient in pretty much every way imaginable.
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13

I never got around to getting a steam code, and I have no idea where the email has gone. Is there any other way? If I have to repurchace, I will, but obviously I'd rather not have to.
    Is -1.9 gs safe, I'm assuming so.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

The figure of -2G for Skyrush has been terrible for NoLimits, because now everyone wants to get Skyrush-style air.

Technically it's safe, but the safe forces curves are hard thresholds, not targets, and you certainly can't sustain that unless you want people's eyeballs bursting from blood pressure.
    ok, it sustains for maybe 0.5 seconds, less even
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

According to this graph linked by luizvaldez989 in the resource thread, it assumes 0.2 seconds is fine at ~-2g but then needs to drop down to -1.5 by 0.5 seconds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017 edited

Skyrush had been toned down a slight bit with a slightly slower lift (and therefore slower run on the track), so I don't think doing that is really a good idea at this point. It sounds like a great idea to reach such forces, but trust me: it hurts. A LOT.

Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but my thighs were very sore by the end of it. You get the point :P
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2017

I have noticed that, disappointingly, Skyrush slows down as it crests the lift apex. However, I question how much that affects the speed later in the layout. First, Slowing down by X at the top does NOT result in X lower speed at the bottom. Second, whatever difference there is, the resistance forces probably have more influence by the time the cross-under hill (where -2G occurs) is reached. My hesitation is that g-force is (curvature)*(velocity)^2 rather than just (curvature)*(velocity), so small changes in velocity will have a bigger-than-expected effect on g-force, but I think the difference would not be so much.

I think slowing down at the top is because people complained that they were going to be chucked out of the car when they're looking down 75 degrees while experiencing even stronger ejector forces than occur now, and that if the ride had the restraints that are found on Taron (and, I assume, Flying Aces), the "thigh crush" would be considerably less.

"Thigh crush" isn't the primary reason to keep ejector forces within reason, however. Skyrush definitely is painful, yet lots of people ride and re-ride, so mild pain isn't the issue. It's because of what happens with the blood pressure in the delicate blood vessels in your head.
    How do you change transparency of a material in the NL2mat settings? I'm trying to make some transparent/translucent glass on a model.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2017

Is there a way to make the background or outside the boundary just water? I know there's an environment with a river, but I want to make something on a shoreline. Or do I have to cheat by making a park far from the edge, making the land from the park to the edge into water, and then increasing the fog so you can't see the boundary?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2017 edited

what i do is just make a 300000m wide river, it essentially deletes all the surrounding background and replaces it with water.
    Quick question, does this pass as GCI to you guys?

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2017

This may help you with the technicalities of your coaster.
    Also, the force comb should have a very quick jump from positive to negative Gs for airtime. The force is sustained for a bit (can bank at the same time), and then drops down again.
    Just don't make the airtime super forceful :P