Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2017

Could be wrong, but I didn't think the demo version was a locked full version. While the locked version and demo version offer the same features, I thought the demo was a different program than the locked full version for security.

The previous advice has been to email nolimits@nolimitscoaster with your registration details (and preferably with the same email you used to register NL2) to have the dev team get you a new link. I would recommend burning a DVD of the install file and your registration details once you get it. You can also request a steam key in the email to avoid losing the software in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdb43
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2017

^Thank you! I will definitely try to get a steam key.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTijjer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

Just wondering I noticed that on some GCIs they have two wood boards in the middle of the track throughout the layout (ex: Mystic Timbers, Thunderhead, Goldstriker) is this done so the track can handle more stress? Also on wood coasters in general there are huge boards covering the bottom of the track during what seems to be negative and high g force areas is this also done because of stress or some other reason?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017 edited

^ The board covering the whole bottom are there to prevent anything to fall on a piece of track passing underneath:

As for the little boards, I don't know...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I think it's to make it easier on maintenance. The full wood patches are for going to the other side of the catwalk before a bank so this might make it easier to cross at more places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Oh yeah, that as well. But the one on the picture above are for what I mentioned (I asked Chad Miller back then at the EAS, because the question was already raised in this thread and they had a quite similar picture of Hades hanging on the wall).
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017

Can you reduce the friction with the pro version of NL2? Like make it almost zero? I want to make longer jet coasters than ever before with only one lift.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Yes u can adjust the friction

But the system goes back into NL2.0 instead of NL2.2

U can set Friction to 0.00 and the windfriction to 0.00
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: TOGO FanLike make it almost zero?

A friction value of 0 would mean that the train would never slow down, unless you use brakes.
    You could do infinitely many hills of the same height, and the train would clear all of them.
    Oh god, think about what you've done!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^who do you mean?
    ^ You.. Think about the rides that are coming now.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

A 1000 mile long jet coaster that never stops!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: TOGO Fan1000 mile long... never stops

Uhh, Togo?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017

I could make a jet coaster that is a light year long with a 1,500 foot tall 0,6 mph lifthill!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

You want to make a coaster that is 25,902,068,371.2km long? Good luck!
    And that isn't even a light year. That's a light second
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I would be supporting that "long" jet coaster till I am on my death bed.
    I am currently designing a B&M flyer. One interesting thing that I've come across is the G's encountered, especially in the front car, on a pretzel loop. Is it normal to have up to -1 vertical G's during the entry and/or exit of a pretzel loop? This would of course translate to -1 acceleration G's on a sitdown coaster. I do know that longer trains (and an 8 car flyer is a longer train for a coaster that inverts) will have larger acceleration spikes on the far ends of the train than shorter trains will. My pretzel loop is rather large though, and I can't really justify the -1 G I'm seeing.

I also noticed this might be happening because the seats are not perfectly parallel to the track. I think your head would be ever so slightly closer to the track than your rear end. This would contribute to the G's I'm seeing. I don't know if that is accurate to real life, but I would assume so.
    Surely a -1 G acceleration on a flying coaster translates to 1G on a sit down coaster, aka normal weight. That would just be your body resting against the harness in the same way it would on the brake run if the train was stopped?
    ^+1. With the way I think I remember NL2 working, -1G on a flyer is not equal to -1G on a sit-down, it's equal to 1G on a sit-down. NoLimits doesn't flip the G's for flyers. In fact, I'm not even sure if it does for inverts either.
    I think you guys misunderstood what I was saying. The vertical G indicator will top at about -1G on the entry and exit of the pretzel loop (most prominent where the track itself is around vertical).

It of course has acceleration G's during the loop which are pushing you back into your seat; those are not what I'm worried about.

To put it another way, the -1 vertical G would also be produced by brakes slowing you down at a force of 1G on a flat segment of track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime2 days ago

That's because you made the train slowly crest the top of the pretzel loop, and thus when you sit at the front you're hanging upside down with -1g of vertical acceleration. I guess...?

The g indicator on NoLimits is picturing a person, where vertical g are from toes to head and acceleration from back to belly. On a flyer, a vertical g of -1g means hanging upside down - not on your back, but upside down like, well, during the entrance of a pretzel loop.
    Haha yeah, that does make sense during the entrance, but I also get -1 vertical G in the front car during the exit of the loop, when you'd think the front of the train should be getting pushed up instead.

It's a weird question, I know. I was just curious to see if someone had some insight.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Can you use the custom spine import for thinks like my custom water slides, bobsled coasters and roller slides? Instead out of supports and track connectors?

Like this but with a custom imported spline?