Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^ Na the simulator runs great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017

Is the issue during playback? If so, the file format is probably too large to play in real time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yeah, it happens for me. I can't play the video on the Windows whatever-it-is media player, but it runs fine once I go inside my video editor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

^ Exactly. I think the Windows media players are just too under powered to play such large files.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017

Strange, i have video files saved from NL2 they are sometimes 2 GB, they play with a lil studdering the 1st time, but the 2nd time they play fine.
    ^ I shrank the video down and all is good. Thanks for the help.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017

is it possible to make lights like fluorescent tubes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017

Anyone has a script for a Star Trek: Operation Enterprise kind of ride?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017

Posted By: nolimitersis it possible to make lights like fluorescent tubes?

Yes, it is. The easy part is modelling them. But then you'll need an NL2MAT and a custom light to make them work properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017 edited

I'm wondering how to interpret the spinning cars clearance profile. For me it looks as if there is always a rotating spinning car considered but for a fixed car I would rather consider this as the clearance space since there are these extra guards that prevent the arm to be extended directly to the left or right, so I would consider this passes the clearance test (locked car):

I also found this image which demonstrates what I mean, for the guy extending the arm there's no way to put it that much out left or right of the car:
    I think you'd still be able to lean forward and extend your arm out all the way. Personally, I would play it safe, take people's stupidity into account, and use that clearance envelope as reference whether the cars are locked or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017

I would think it's not as bad with the slow speed of a lift hill though.
    ^That's a valid point, but if it is technically possible for a train to be traversing that section in question at the same time as another train starts to go up the lift hill, I stand by my point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017 edited

^^ Well that's a valid point and the Maurer brochure conviced me anyway to give more space there ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017

Posted By: rcthI would think it's not as bad with the slow speed of a lift hill though.

Maurer spinning lifts are rocketing the car like crazy tho.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2017

Can you do a falcon type drop tower with the vekoma flying coaster? Make the seats tilt towards the ground when the car nears the top of the tower?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2017

Only in the older version of NL1.7 that was possible.

With version 2.0.?.?.? its no longer possible.
    Is there any way I can stop the light from a "point light" from bleeding through the walls? I am trying to set up some interior lighting for a fairly small corridor, and the lights are shining through the roof and hitting a wall on the second tier of the building

https://gyazo.com/7942b1916b807fd3b58b2ec156b0f50c

If there is no real fix for this then are there any tips for overhead lighting inside buildings?
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

I think, u can tick the box saying "light not shining on object" or something like that. But it has a lot of impact on your FPS.
    Is there any way to make a material reflective like a Mirror?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017 edited

Set the constant strength for faked reflection to 1 and the Fresnel factor to 0.

Is this how it should look? It just doesn't seem very reflective.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Do you use a custom environment that is accidentally black, then technically yes, you should then set a custom cube map in the reflection settings to get the reflection effect, like here:
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider

Oh, OK, thanks. I'll give this a shot.
    • CommentAuthoraustinjb555

What are the best settings to make videos in Windows Movie Maker? I set mine for the high-quality 1080p video but this doesn't seem very high quality as compared to some other videos of NL2 I've seen:

I can't figure out HTML...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6f1aFygLyE

Conversely are there any better free video editors that are good with NL2? Also some people have had really good sounds with their rides- they sound like actual rides that fit perfectly with their layout in terms of the screaming. How would that be done?

I mean seriously, look at this video. I know my camerawork isn't up to par but just the video and the quality itself is really good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6APfjpC4_ko&t=4s
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

Setting it to record at 60 fps (and saving it as so in Windows Movie Maker) ups the quality. That could be the difference you see here. Make sure you're also capturing video in the resolution of your monitor.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017

What is the heart line value of the Fujiyama Togo coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017 edited

Who has a clear image of those things? In the middle of the track besides the left and right of the anti-roll back.
    And for what are they served to?
    i think they are shock absorbers for the anti rollback sections
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017

Yeah they are rubber shock absorbers so when a train stops on the lift, the impact on the anti roll backs is softened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017

I already saw these things on all B&M lifts, but didn't know what was their purpose. That's neat! So the anti rollbacks can slightly move up and down (along the track)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017 edited

^ It's actually a newer addition. The older B&Ms don't have them. The new inverts don't appear to have them either.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017 edited

Thanks for the replay's!
    So anyone got a good closeup of those?

EDIT:
    Click for bigger image

Interesting the first one is different to the others. And it seems like there is one at every end/start piece and on in the middle.
    Click for bigger image
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017

The first one is not different, it's just that the others one are paired (both the spring for the lower section and one for the upper section).

^^ Indeed, I thought it was older than that! Hair Raiser (2011) doesn't have them for instance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I keep getting this message whenever I try and share a photo on here...

"
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    You do not appear to have MySQL enabled for PHP.
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.GetConnection();

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
    "

Any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

^ Arly, are you trying to preview your post before actually posting it?
    That's just one of the now broken parts of this forum, you'll get that message every time you try to preview something cause the preview function doesn't work anymore. Bit annoying, yes.

But posting images still works fine.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Preview does NOT work.
    Posting a picture DOES work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

Ah. Makes sense! That will be why. Cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2017

Is the bug report thread still around? the search feature no longer works and can't find it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

If it's a bug related to NL2, you can post it in the General discussion.

Indeed the search function is (also) broken... I usually do a Google search inclunding "Nolimits exchange", and that works as a workaround.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Good idea. Thank you :)
    Does anyone have a good sound for an LSM (non-Intamin) launch? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2017

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but if I remember then there's a really good POV of Thunderbird and SkyRocket that have really good sounds (easy to sample) from the launches. I've found a lot of the track mounted POV's do a pretty good job with capturing the sound. Hope this helps!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2017 edited

EDIT : deleted
    Got answer in other topic.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017

So I'm trying to get the Cherry Bomb ride system working, and I feel like I'm pretty close, but I can't for the life of me get it working 100%. I'm using synchronized station blocks periodically throughout the layout to sort of "regroup" vehicles, as they travel in packs of two (sort of like a train, but not really, because the vehicles split apart from each other, thus the need for the "regrouping" stations).

I can't for the life of me get the cars to sync WHERE I want them to, WHEN I want them to, EVERY time. Sometimes it'll work for a circuit or two, other times it won't work at all, other times I'll have ride vehicles phasing through each other.

Are there any ride-control gurus out there willing to help me get this up and running?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017 edited

You are trying to achieve this in normal operation mode using the station sync feature, did I got that correctly? While I actually think it sounds like it should work, is there any reason why it should be kept in normal operation instead of scripted operation mode? Once the normal block system works correctly in scripted mode it should be just minor changes to make a station (it can also be a normal block) to reliably wait for another being occupied.

I made good experience recently with the block helper class that comes with NL2 in the Script Park now, the actual block script file is mainly just used for configuration and comes with good documentation how to use it, which makes it just a bit tedious but straight forward work to set up all the block names when this it used.

If something like this had been set up I could help with the minor changes. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017 edited

Is it possible to fix this?

•  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017

nope, unless you make it custom or change the way the track is shaped
    • CommentAuthorzyleo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017

How would you guys go about supporting a B&M loop if the loop is at an angle? How would I fix the rotation of the box, and how would i get it lined up?
    Whats the best way to create a spiral lift with no sudden vertical radius changes?