Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

Posted By: AJClarke0912the big loop uses lateral G's to create the Z shape
    Wow, now that you said that, I noticed it! Weird. And don't you think the sidewinder was made by B&M?
    ^^^ They don't actually fill the track with sand since it would literally add a ton or two to the weight of each track segment. They use a light-weight expanding foam resin (think Gorilla Glue or some gap filling epoxies) that is a lot less dense and mutes the sound just as well. The supports on the other hand are filled with sand since it is considerably cheaper than the foam resin and the weight of the supports doesn't matter as they are almost exclusively vertical or near vertical tubes so most of the weight is distributed directly down into the footers and ground.
    Any specific reason why GASM and New Texas Giant's tracks are red?
    • CommentAuthorReal

Whoever said that Tennessee Tornado wasnt heartlined hasnt ridden it. Heartlined to perfection. Super smooth and very forceful. I imagine what their large, 200ft multi inversion coasters could have been like with the better math. Would have been awesome.
    Sorry if I'm spamming questions but: How do you put a google map of an existing coaster into NL to do spacing/recreations etc?
    Go to Scenery - Terrain Settings, then for the ground options search for your jpeg file. Might not be to scale though, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

For something to scale, open Sketchup, go to File - Import, then select the image. However, you won't be able to see the image you took in the Editor.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012 edited

Posted By: LightsAndMagicAny specific reason why GASM and New Texas Giant's tracks are red?

I guess it's just for aesthetical reasons. (I'm not sure though).

EDIT : Do someone know what does that mean ?

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012 edited

Why doesn't B&M use the 10-seat trains of the dive coasters on wingriders? Even if they used only 3 cars wingriders would have more capacity.
    I heard it's since the Wingriders are prototypes for future B&M 4D coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Posted By: RealWhoever said that Tennessee Tornado wasnt heartlined hasnt ridden it. Heartlined to perfection. Super smooth and very forceful. I imagine what their large, 200ft multi inversion coasters could have been like with the better math. Would have been awesome.

That.
    If it wasn't for X, the company could be a huge innovator, up in the big leagues, on the level of Gerstlauer/Maurer Sohne, maybe even Mack or Intamin?
    Poor Arrow. Busch Gardens really should've waited for B&M to make Drachen Fire. After its failure, Arrow's business started going down the drain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: Luisvaldez989I heard it's since the Wingriders are prototypes for future B&M 4D coasters.

I heard that everywhere, but I don't see any official source.. I don't really believe it, myself.
    Posted By: baadrixWhy doesn't B&M use the 10-seat trains of the dive coasters on wingriders? Even if they used only 3 cars wingriders would have more capacity.

Wing-riders also have a lower heartline since the seats can be lowered on the outside, which creates a new style alone with it's inversions. Also, it's probably a lot lighter and easier on the structure than 10 dive coaster cars. They are probably a bit cheaper too; dive coaster cars are super expensive.
    Posted By: baadrixWhy doesn't B&M use the 10-seat trains of the dive coasters on wingriders? Even if they used only 3 cars wingriders would have more capacity.
    The problem with those is that the rolls have to be really drawn out, even more so than on a wingrider, due to the outermost seats being really far away from the center of rotation, not to mention that the track has to be much larger since the weight of the train is distributed over a much smaller area which adds to the cost.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: s4mumu
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicAny specific reason why GASM and New Texas Giant's tracks are red?

I guess it's just for aesthetical reasons. (I'm not sure though).

EDIT : Do someone know what does that mean ?

Don't worry about that. I get that all the time. Just click okay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012 edited

Posted By: xmantoo00If it wasn't for X, the company could be a huge innovator, up in the big leagues, on the level of Gerstlauer/Maurer Sohne, maybe even Mack or Intamin?

I'm thinking they would be Intamin level right now.
    Maybe even B&M!
    On terms of innovation I don't think B&M would be the highest on the list; they have great realiability, and their rides are still fun but they don't strike me to be the most innovative company out there.
    I meant in terms of how good they would be in the industry right now lol.
    Then you have a point. ;)

Thinking like this really makes you wonder what other companies/parks would be like today if Arrow were still around.
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989Maybe even B&M!

Doubt that one. B&M have large demand from many parks, but a lot of parks can't afford such a costly thrill machine, then again, B&M's last even after 22 years. Arrow had it's breaking point where it was at it's highest summit in demands that they built many of their rides in various parks because their rides were very common. Drachen Fire was an utter failure anyhow, with that kind of layout, it seemed like something made up of RCT3. X was their last shot and they blew it. I say maybe it's thanks to Arrow that some manufacturers have the inspiration to design many inverted rides, but I strongly agree they would have died out even after, if they had completed X.

Posted By: A.S.CoastersOn terms of innovation I don't think B&M would be the highest on the list; they have great realiability, and their rides are still fun but they don't strike me to be the most innovative company out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Intamin has the highest innovation of any coaster company out there, period. Their rides are very advanced in thrill ride technology and they have been leading the standard of how a ride should be for many many years. I doubt B&M could overachieve their innovation, but B&M does have a spotlight in one of the best manufacturers amusement parks can hire.
    ^
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989Poor Arrow. Busch Gardens really should've waited for B&M to make Drachen Fire. After its failure, Arrow's business started going down the drain.

They were the wrong people to design something like that. Or maybe if Drachen Fire was built by Arrow in the 2000s instead of the 1990s it would probably be a really rad coaster right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012

Posted By: JAKoolJust click okay.

Thanks.
    I guess that you saw I'm working again on Survolt with an improved layout, don't you ? :P
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989^
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989Poor Arrow. Busch Gardens really should've waited for B&M to make Drachen Fire. After its failure, Arrow's business started going down the drain.

They were the wrong people to design something like that. Or maybe if Drachen Fire was built by Arrow in the 2000s instead of the 1990s it would probably be a really rad coaster right now.

I think track smoothness was the least of their concern. Probably wouldn't be much different today from 15 years ago.
    Posted By: A.S.CoastersOn terms of innovation I don't think B&M would be the highest on the list; they have great realiability, and their rides are still fun but they don't strike me to be the most innovative company out there.

-First Vertical drop
    -Dive Coasters
    -Worlds first Flyer, excluding skytrak total, lol.
    -Floorless coasters
    -first inverted coaster
    -When with Intamin they invented the stand up.
    -Duelling dragons! Nothing in the world compares to this.
    -Water splash.

Can hardly say they are not innovative, probably thee most innovative if you ask me.
    Intamin:
    -Zac Spin
    -Accelerators
    -Impulse rides
    -launches
    -elevator lift
    -fastest, tallest, and longest steel ride

etc other things B&M doesn't do.

Almost all successful ride manufacturing companies have thought of at least one unique idea.

Anyway, back to the topic.

I just watched an onride video of The Beast on Youtube. During the first half, how does the ride seem to sustain its speed for so long? The ground elevation doesn't seem to decrease as the ride progresses, until the last few right turns and straightaway before the second lift. It's amazing!

Posted By: The_Architect-Worlds first Flyer

Vekoma built two flyers a whole year earlier. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

Has anybody a good source where I can find pictures B&M hyper switch-/storagetracks? Except RCDB
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Posted By: Luisvaldez989Or maybe if Drachen Fire was built by Arrow in the 2000s instead of the 1990s it would probably be a really rad coaster right now.

Challenge Accepted.
    Posted By: IbanezHas anybody a good source where I can find pictures B&M hyper switch-/storagetracks? Except RCDB

Simply type [coaster name] followed by [construction] into google.

Leviathan

Behemoth

etc etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Does anyone know how often Arrow used lats on their last coasters? (Tenessee Tornado and beyond)
    Posted By: LightsAndMagiclongest steel ride

Steel Dragon 2000 is not Intamin
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

Posted By: LightsAndMagicIntamin:
    -Zac Spin
    -Accelerators
    -Impulse rides
    -launches
    -elevator lift

B&M is about quality. Intamin's have a good 10 years of smoothness and then they get vibrations and begin to get rough. B&M's might get the slightest rattle, but that is it. Bizarro at SFNE for example, it's 12 years old, pretty rough also, IMO. Nitro at SFGadv, it's 10 years old and is extremely smooth. I'm beginning to wonder why people don't like B&M as much as Intamin. Sure, they don't have ejector air, but has anyone rode a mega with the lap bar one 'click' away from their body? You fly out of your seat and it's one of the best things you will ever feel on a roller coaster. I think it's better for B&M to take their time in investing in ride technologies. They have a great line up of designs already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: IntaLSMbut has anyone rode a mega with the lap bar one 'click' away from their body?
    Did this few days ago - amazing experience!

Does anyone have an idea how often restraints of B&M hypers are secured? I heard they're secured about seven times on X-cars ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

^When you say secured, do you mean like a safety redundancy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^Yeah, I didn't know how to describe that better ... thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

Hmm, I trying to remember what I saw when I rode Nitro a couple years back. I believe there is a device that latches on to every car of the train that allows the restraints to move. When the devices are released, the lap bars can no longer move up, you can only push down to make it tighter (if possible). I would ask someone else who has more knowledge of this, but I believe this is how it works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

Posted By: The_Architect
    Posted By: IbanezHas anybody a good source where I can find pictures B&M hyper switch-/storagetracks? Except RCDB

Simply type [coaster name] followed by [construction] into google.

Leviathan

Behemoth

etc etc.

Is this ok?

Photobucket
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Alright? That looks brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorrctthebest

looks pretty good to me. is it for the strata you're making?

does anyone have a picture of the maintenance bay of a giovanola hyper? i did search on the internet, but haven't found any
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters

Posted By: The_Architect
    Can hardly say they are not innovative, probably thee most innovative if you ask me.

Yes they are innovative, but I meant innovative as in new ride types that really amaze us, in my opinion the list of Intamin creations is a little bit stronger than B&M's. B&M is definitely up there though.
    @ Ibanez: The modelling is good but not the texturing, maybe if you rotated the textures on the silver runners so the texture goes horizontally?

@ ASC: Your talking to B&Ms biggest fan, Intamin vs B&M is like PC vs Mac, Nikon vs Canon blah blah. I'm a B&M, Mac, Canon dude lol.
    How does one change the tube size in an environment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

Posted By: The_Architect@ Ibanez: The modelling is good but not the texturing, maybe if you rotated the textures on the silver runners so the texture goes horizontally?

@ ASC: Your talking to B&Ms biggest fan, Intamin vs B&M is like PC vs Mac, Nikon vs Canon blah blah. I'm a B&M, Mac, Canon dude lol.

1. Ok I will try to get a better texture :)

2. B&M, Mac, Canon?! DIEEEEE xD B&M, PC!, Canon :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

B&M, PC, Panasonic! :P lol

Posted By: gigacoasterfanHow does one change the tube size in an environment?
    sim.supports.tubeN.radius=
    Add this line to your .env file you're using (N is the support type - 1 is the smallest, 5 the largest), then put a number behind it. That number is the radius in meter (at least I believe).
    Posted By: IntaLSMbut has anyone rode a mega with the lap bar one 'click' away from their body?

No, but I've ridden an inverted with the restraints one click away from my body and it was only extremely terrifying.
    B&M, PC, Sight!

Does anyone else adore all Arrow and Gravity Group/CCI rides as much asme?
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicIntamin:
    -Zac Spin
    -Accelerators
    -Impulse rides
    -launches
    -elevator lift

Most B&M fanatics know that they like to resort to the old fashioned chain lift technique, but for launches, this was used on The Incredible Hulk. Leviathan was also titled the tallest coaster of it's type. They have achieved so much over the years, I still think Intamin is trying to find way's to raise the bar too.
    ^^ *raises hand*

Intamin, Mac, Ugh... well... I love the Nikon 1 but the Canon Rebel Ti3 is pretty freaking amazing too...