Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012

I saw someone comment here, but the basic thing I do is

1. Start with 3.5g's going 35mps.
    2. Switch to Multi force and lock the lats and roll
    3. Shorten the vertical force so that the 3.5 stops at around 30 degrees.
    4. Add another vertical subzone and minus it to 0gs then extend it until it's around 51-52 degrees.
    5. Add another vertical zone until it's at 32 degree angle

HERE'S WHERE YOU GET THE POINT

6. Add a timewarp bump transition with the tension all the way to the left and make the force -0.150
    7. Then repeat 1-5 but in reverse to make the other side of the hill
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012 edited

hmmmm i still say that's not how b&m does it though. it only looks pointier in IRL because they use a box track, and the bottom of the box is going to curve inward at a smaller radius than the heartline above the track, which is what we view in newton. so it's kind of an optical illusion. also, having ridden diamondback in all areas of the train, i can say that there is no noticeable bump in airtime at the peak.

Also, question. How do Mack SuperSplash rides stay on the track part? I've tried to analyze the track and deduce the wheel placement but I just can't seem to figure it out. Is it possible for them to have airtime at all? (I'm designing one in RCT2 and I want to know whether or not it's possible to have a double down.)
    teejaysyke, I think you get the general idea, though I would go for 55-60 degrees for the larger hills (e.g. first few hills on nearly all the Hypers), 45-50 degrees for the later hills (e.g. return hills on the Carowinds Intimidator), and 35-40 degrees for the smaller ones (e.g. last hill on Behemoth, return hills on the La Ronde Goliath).
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: skyasaurusHow do Mack SuperSplash rides stay on the track part?

There's wheels on tracks and by the sides, as a flume, and a third assembly under two rails at the ends : Clicky
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012

Posted By: Luisvaldez989teejaysyke, I think you get the general idea, though I would go for 55-60 degrees for the larger hills (e.g. first few hills on nearly all the Hypers), 45-50 degrees for the later hills (e.g. return hills on the Carowinds Intimidator), and 35-40 degrees for the smaller ones (e.g. last hill on Behemoth, return hills on the La Ronde Goliath).

Yeah, I actually noticed that when I did a camelback right after the first drop, it looked WAY to shallow, unlike Shambhala which is pretty steep, it all depends on where the hill is on the ride.
    TWILIGHT RENDER QUESTION:

Is it worth the $99 to buy Twilight Render? I know it works great for NL, and I could also use for this engineering program at my school but being a teenager, I wouldn't want to cough up that much money for something that I wouldn't really need. I do get paychecks, but I only work one day a week so this would be about 1/3 of my paycheck for almost a month. Is it worth it? Someone who uses it (Archy, Ibanez, etc.) please tell me whether it's worth the buy because it looks very tempting, but also rather expensive to just render Sketchup models.
    ^No. Get maxwell.
    ^ Should I just get the free version for Sketchup or buy the $95 one?
    start with the free and see how you find it.
    ^ I like it a lot. I could see myself buying it once school starts on account of I could use a rendering tool for a school club that involves architecture, etc. Also, it'd be great for NL too, but the 800x600 work fine for posting here. Here's a render of my WIP ride, Saqqara:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By launchtower at 2012-06-30

How does it look? And btw, thanks for the help Archy.

inb4 Archy with his "Me no understand infursions" pic.

I like it.

• CommentAuthorJAKool

[insert "me no understand infursions" meme here]
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989

inb4 Archy with his "Me no understand infursions" pic.

I like it.

Posted By: JAKool[insert "me no understand infursions" meme here]

Haha, I was going to in my thread post a picture of that saying "It took hours of non-stop work to achieve smoothness like this"
    Photobucket

And no problem.
    ^ There it is! ^

:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012

Posted By: KingRCT3
    Posted By: skyasaurusHow do Mack SuperSplash rides stay on the track part?

There's wheels on tracks and by the sides, as a flume, and a third assembly under two rails at the ends :Clicky

thanks! although, would the tracks be strong enough to support substantial airtime? in the range of -.1 to -.4 g's maybe? (non-spike)
    ^ yes, its in a way very similar to how vekoma tracks work
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

^ah duh i guess that makes sense lol. thanks :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorOinzCEO17

+0.8 and -0.9 lats on a woodie based off Blue Streak at CP, about 1950's to 1960's for time built. Yay or nay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I'd say yay. That might be high for a John Allen out-and-back, but I'm fairly certain that rides like the Thunderbolt at Kennywood (late '60s) exceed that.

• CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012

How do you make a Primier launch spike like Victor Fries? I want a coaster that launches, goes up a spike, falls back, and passes through the station. I figured out to set a high speed limit and no deceleration (I think?) to keep the train from being boosted back up, but then the ride slows from 90mph to 80mph as it passes back past the LIMs. No matter how much I set the speedin up passes to, it will slow down. How do I keep it at a constant speed going back through the station but then having the transport section slow down the coaster later?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012 edited

^Turn it to transport section, set the desired stats, change decel. to zero, then set the "speeding up" passes to one.

Okay, here's a question: In Men in Black 3, when J goes to the 1960's Coney Island, why did they leave all the modern rides in? In one scene, to the left, you can catch a glimpse of what is the Tickler, a ride opened in 2010. Also, they are behind a billboard for the Scream Zone in one shot, and the parachute drop is in it's defunct state, where (correct me if I'm wrong) would still be operating in the 1960's. Anyone who can answer that, wins a cherry pie.

How come Hulk's skid brake run is slightly angled to the left?

•  
      CommentAuthorRNB
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012

I guess because there is no room to completely un-bank, that would result in too high lats.
    Does this zero-g-roll look good?
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012

^How am I the only one who can't make a damn zero-g roll???
    So it's good than? :P lol
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012 edited

^Yeah... it's really good. Long's it rides well, that is.
    That looks super awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

why is thunder dolphin closed?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Because it's in Japan.

Does anyone have a good side shot of Apocalypse's loop?
    ^ Would this be decent enough?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^That's great. Thanks!
    Is there shortcut key to "start simulator..."
    ^ f5
    Well thanks!
    • CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012

How do you make those amazingly complex stations of supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

^ patience
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

^^ In lack of a 3D program.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

Posted By: GigaGHow do you make those amazingly complex stations of supports?

lots and lots of patience.
    Posted By: GigaGHow do you make those amazingly complex stations of supports?

Hmmm... A question nobody, not even me can answer. You just simply need to practice and learn little tricks on how to make things easier when getting around the nodes.

one day maybe... just maybe... ill post some tutorials on support stuff.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012

What is the difference between Iron Horse track and Topper Track?
    Posted By: JAKoolWhat is the difference between Iron Horse track and Topper Track?

im assuming the iron horse track is the new track used on this coaster in silver dollar city? if so the difference is this.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/IAAPA_Trade_Show/IAAPA_2010_Convention_Photos_-_Orlando/76543_10150328301320370_681415369_15849093_749537_n.jpg

^the topper track was developed to be much stringer to provide for older structures that may be weaker than the recently built wood coasters. this is why its made entirely of steel.

http://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/images/topper18.jpg

^ this im assuming is the iron horse track, which is prefabricated like on the intamin prefab coasters (el-toro ect.) but the difference with this is that the top layer of what is normally wood, has been changed to a thick layer of steel (presumably solid) which keeps the shape of the track much stronger and allows for more steal like elements to be made. also giving a smoother ride than the steal strips on the wood coasters you see today.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Ah, so Topper is the big red pieces of steel on New texas Giant, and Iron Horse is the Rocky Mountain woodie stuff.
    It's actually the opposite. Iron Horse is those red tracks on NTG and toppers are those metal plates on most wooden coasters.
    ^then there both the same thing, because the topper track is the track used on texas giant.
    Texas Giant isn't topper track.
    ^it specifically calls it that in all of the reviews and news things ive read :S
    Maybe they were confused too or maybe they were referring to other kinds of wooden coasters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

Topper track is used on Cyclone at SFNE. There are 3 or 4 wooden planks, then a steel block on *top* of the wood. Iron horse track is all steel, it is on top of steel bents.