Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

Posted By: LaunchTower
    Posted By: JAKoolOn the SLC topic, what about Mind Eraser at Elitch Gardens??? Anyone???

Wouldn't know, but it looks like about half are somewhat smooth and the other are brutally painful

Actually, about two or three are fine, and the rest will attempt to murder you.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012 edited

Posted By: LaunchTowerUnfortunately, the double barrel roll is the most painful part and I was literally screaming "ow".

Actually, I found the barrel rolls least uncomfortable. The most uncomfortable with me when I was riding El Condor 3 days ago was certainly the part before the sidewinder. Seats were uncomfortable too, My back still hurts a bit :( It was ones and never again...
    infusion at blackpool isnt too bad yes ts vekoma its bumpy but by no means painful.
    Does This Site have any Copyrighted material? Apparently Sispa was passed, and they will take our sight down if we have any copyrighted material...
    No it doesn't.
    Posted By: IronWolfmanApparently Sispa was passed

Oh crap. That is all.
    • CommentAuthorGigaG
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

Is there an open space enviroment? The space enviroment in NL has a low-res cruddy ground in the skybox (i think), and I need a high-resolution space enviroment without ground far below.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

Posted By: IronWolfmanDoes This Site have any Copyrighted material? Apparently Sispa was passed, and they will take our sight down if we have any copyrighted material...

CISPA only passed in the House. And no, they won't take any site down that has copyrighted material on it, because that would be an impossible to enforce. CISPA is not going anywhere, seeing as there is such hefty opposition to it, and enforcement and enaction would be logistically impossible.
    Quick question to 3ds max users. Currently I am working on the 3ds for my track, and I found that wherever I used the array tool, none of that arrayed geometry showed up once exported as a 3ds file. Can you explain to me how to go about resolving this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012

Simple fix. Select "Copy" as the cloning method. Same with any other cloning operations in Max.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012

why do gci coasters have random planks of wood placed on the track and why are some sections of track completely covered with wood?
    A lot of wooden coasters have them, not just GCI.
    Posted By: m_haugh16why do gci coasters have random planks of wood placed on the track and why are some sections of track completely covered with wood?

I think it's so that maintenance workers can walk from one side of the track to the other? Not really sure though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012

i have seen the completely covered track before, but not the single angled planks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

sorry for the double post, but do you ever think hard rock park will ever open again, and if not do you think they will relocate time machine? I really wanna ride it, it looks like a great b&m sitdown.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

NL settings question. So when you go to option > preferences > snap what are the numbers that are there? Mine is picking area: 10 pixels, move-snap 0.328084 feet, and apply to all views unchecked. and then you click the grid tab. it's Grid-H Spacing: 3.28084 feet and grid-V spacing: 3.28084 feet and apply to all views unchecked. I wonder if these settings are correct or good because sometimes I can't get my supports to line up correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

I changed mine to all be very, very small for accuracy in supporting. Grid is 1m between dots in all views.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2012

change your move-snap and picking area at least. make them as small as you feel comfortable with. try it out and see how it goes.
    Posted By: m_haugh16do you ever think hard rock park will ever open again, and if not do you think they will relocate time machine? I really wanna ride it, it looks like a great b&m sitdown.

I don't think they'll reopen Freestyle Music Park again, especially considering the EXTREMELY LARGE amount of people (sarcasm, obviously) who visited the park. I don't know about the future of Time Machine though, but it would be cool to see it relocated.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012

Probably was asked, but how do you make the XXL Tubes even larger in the environment files?
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2012 edited

NoLimits HowTo

sim.supports.tube5.radius=10.0

tube5 should be the XXL-Tube, I suppose. Be sure to have a decimal point in your radius value.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012 edited

Is there a B&M Standup Coaster featuring a 0G Roll?
    I'd have to say no, but there is a Giavanola standup with one.
    There's also the Intamin stand-ups if you want to count those since B&M originated from Intamin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012

Posted By: IbanezIs there a B&M Standup Coaster featuring a 0G Roll?

Not anything directly under the manufacturer name "B&M". I'd imagine part of the issue is the sheer height of the trains, it's a lot of height to rotate that quickly.
    • CommentAuthorNoLimitzki

Posted By: Xpress...it's a lot of height to rotate that quickly.

Never underestimate the speed that a B&M Standup can roll.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

That's the reason they heartline.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

ok guys thanks :) I just wanted to know this so I can add the caption 'get ready to ride the first B&M Standup Coaster featuring a 0G-Roll' to my new ride xD
    Posted By: NoLimitzkiNever underestimate the speed that a B&M Standup can roll.

Yeah, I rode Mantis at CP and that quick twist into the MCBR was kind of brutal. But the good kind of brutal. =P The fact that my legs cramped up on a standup coaster probably didn't help, though...
    • CommentAuthorNoLimitzki
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012

That transition is definitely one of the weirdest sensations I've ever had on a roller coaster. The other one is the overbank on Maverick that's underneath the first drop.
    Posted By: NoLimitzkiThat transition is definitely one of the weirdest sensations I've ever had on a roller coaster. The other one is the overbank on Maverick that's underneath the first drop.

There is a similar sensation on Green Lantern @ SFGAdv after the inclined loop. That pop of airtime is really something, along with a quick transition. I'd actually go and say that's the best part of the ride!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012

Well I can't find a very suitable thread to put this in, and I don't think it is worthy of its own thread, and it is in fact a question, but did anyone see that Superman: Ultimate Flight got stuck at the top?
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012

^Yeah I saw that on Charter.net. I can't say I didn't see it coming. I would expect to have it get stuck in the pull out of the drop.
    1.How much should the max vertical G's be for a wooden ride with I Box or topper track?

2. 0 - 99 ft is _____ 100 - 199 ft is _____ 200 - 299 ft is _____ 300 - 399 ft is Giga? and 400 - 499 ft is Strata?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

1. i have no idea
    2. 0-99 ft is i'm not sure, i really don't think it has ever had a name. 100-199 ft is probably the same as the first. 200-299 ft is a mega coaster or hyper coaster whichever you prefer. 300-399 ft is giga and 400-499 is strata.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012 edited

I think everything under 200ft is a kiddie or family coaster
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Voyage would like to disagree with you.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: bigjoe97Voyage would like to disagree with you.

As would every non-hyper B&M.
    Posted By: IbanezI think everything under 200ft is a kiddie or family coaster

Maverick. And your own coaster, Europe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

these are family rides in my eyes^^ ... some bigger coasters are considered as family rides too: Silverstar etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

Fine. Nemesis. That has a max height of 42 feet and it's considered the most intense coaster in the world.
    Voyage... taught me what ejector air was... It is no family ride... Hypersonic XLC... taught me what a real launch is... Bless its soul...
    Dodonpa...
    Posted By: IbanezI think everything under 200ft is a kiddie or family coaster
    Guess that means that every B&M that's not a Hyper or Giga, and 1/2 of Intamin coasters are kiddie rides. Makes sense I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

I just got NL on my mac and i'm wondering how do I make an enviroment file on a mac since there is no text document thing to save it as a .env file.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^Try TextEdit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

Doesn't let me save as .env No "all files" option
    Posted By: I305EvanDoesn't let me save as .env No "all files" option

Change extension? Unhide the extension (I know it's possible on Mac - try right-click and "Show View Options" or something, can't remember), and then manually type the extension.
    •  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan

the name will say whatever.env but the file type will say like rich type document and there isn't anything save as all files then change the extension.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

wtf is this?

The Jester