Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

an arrow looper with the trains put on backwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012 edited

^^ It's called a roller coaster. "It's a small gravity railroad, especially in an amusement park, having a train with open cars that moves along a high, sharply winding trestle built with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers."

I had to ask the Google because I didn't have a clue of what it was.

[/sarcasm]
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Posted By: Ibanezwtf is this?

The Jester

The only Vekoma Hurricane ever made (to my knowledge). I guess it got trashed during Hurricane Katrina, rcdb lists it as SBNO, which is a shame as it looks mental.
    That would be a roller coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: sprog
    The only Vekoma Hurricane ever made (to my knowledge)

Nope, there's another one in France called Waly Coaster. Trains aren't backward this time, fortunately.

^WOAH! French RCDB.

•  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

The question was misunderstood xD I wanted to ask why they put the train backwards on this coaster :)
    ^Cause they wanted to?
    Posted By: IbanezI wanted to ask why they put the train backwards on this coaster

Why do people make trains face forward on coasters? Things are awfully luney these days.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Posted By: KingRCT3
    Posted By: sprog
    The only Vekoma Hurricane ever made (to my knowledge)

Nope, there's another one in France calledWaly Coaster. Trains aren't backward this time, fortunately.

Aha, so there is. Looks more fun backwards!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: IbanezThe question was misunderstood xD I wanted to ask why they put the train backwards on this coaster :)

I think we understood the question, I was kidding. ;)

I think they did that for more torture fun..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012

they wanted to emphasize the harshness of the trackwork jerks
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012 edited

I rode that coaster when it first opened as The Jokers Revenge at SFFT in the mid 90's. The queue line was so immensely themed for a six flags ride! There's a video on YouTube somewhere that has a walk through of the whole thing.

edit - Here's the video!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012

how do you pronounce zierer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012 edited

Edit: Google lied to me. Listen to those below me :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

As it's a German manufacturer, it actually is pronounced "Zee-rer" (with the "Z" pronounced like the "t's" in "What's").
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012 edited

Here's your answer. ;)

Mod edit: Here's a youtube version... man is that website terrible :p

Edit : *okay* I was trying that new website, that's a failure. :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

aaah okay .... i see now
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012

What exactly is this?

Cool and Fresh

EDIT - With link now.

•  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012

I have always wondered what that was!
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012

i don't get why it isn't listed on rcdb though...or considered for steepest drop record lists
    What is the laying down heartline height for a Flying Dutchman coaster?

I know Newton says 0.8 meters, but I wasn't sure if that was in the 'lying down' or 'upright' position.
    When I create a lying down turn in Newton while using a 0.8 meter heartline, the track doesn't look properly shaped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited

I know for sure that 0.8 is upright, but I don't know what the lay-down position heartline is.
    You don't need one anyways, flyers go against most heartlining because you're in a different position and it doesn't really require it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited

Seems like flyers use the tracks spine as a heartline in most areas. Wouldn't that make it 0?
    Edit: That is Vekoma flyers, not B&M
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012

No, because your heart isn't flush with the track, it's still slightly elevated.
    But most flyers don't appear to pay attention to that, just look at the rolls on Firehawk.
    I think this is where I should ask this.
    I have trouble with envirnments when I download them.(induvidually, not with the track pakager) All of the textures in the env. turnout to be white?!?! Is there a splution or something I can do? Thanks.
    I'm not sure about the textures, Coastermagician; I've never downloaded an environment alone.

But for the flyer, something in between 0.8m and 0.0m would work? Thanks a lot by the way.
    I think 0.2 would probably be the closest, for laydown position. But it may be tricky to make some of the rolls (Vekoma style).
    Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thank you very much!
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Posted By: coastermagicianI have trouble with envirnments when I download them.(induvidually, not with the track pakager) All of the textures in the env. turnout to be white?!?! Is there a splution or something I can do? Thanks.

My guess is that you aren't putting the files in the correct place (or forgetting to download the textures altogether). Often people will put the textures for their environment in their own folder to keep things better organized and if you don't make an identical folder, the .env file will not be able to find the textures it needs. Make sure that the call-outs in the .env file (i.e. [something].path = environments/random folder/tree.png) correctly point to the texture files.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: coastermagicianI think this is where I should ask this.
    I have trouble with envirnments when I download them.(induvidually, not with the track pakager) All of the textures in the env. turnout to be white?!?! Is there a splution or something I can do? Thanks.

There's two things that make an enviroment : the .env file and a folder with the textures. Check you have both. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

How can I delete the crosties a Woodie?
    change each piece of track to transport, set the acc/dec to 0, and shorten the segment till at least one meter.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^Thanks!

That's a lot of work. O_0
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

What os the theme/story on Winjas Fear and Force at Phantasialand?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2012 edited

What do these flanches the supports of Blue Fire, at the first turn and on the mcbr?
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    They were going to be used for sound barriers but when the park found out Blue Fire didn't need them they just didn't install them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2012

Speaking of Mack coasters, how come Storm has a 2013 open date, but the pictures show people riding the roller coaster already?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^I think that the ride is built and they're just testing it. But they still need to theme it and all that.
    The park isn't actually open yet isn't set to open until 2013 but there is already a water park that has been operating on the site for a while. The people riding the coaster I imagine are the park management and Mack people testing out the new product.
    What does the sample rate do in newton2?
    I believe it makes the forces more accurate to what they would look like in NL on a ride with the same friction value.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: JAKoolWhat os the theme/story on Winjas Fear and Force at Phantasialand?

I don't really know if it has a whole story, but the rides are located in an area called Wuze Town, a "mystery town of a sunken settlement". (Src: french Wiki)
    • CommentAuthorrctthebest

Posted By: nolimitersWhat do these flanches the supports of Blue Fire, at the first turn and on the mcbr?
    my dad thought that it could be to give the supports the appearance of pipes.

2 weeks ago i was at europa park. we went to silver star, and me wanting to catch (and enjoy) as much airtime went into the backseat and but a gap of about 3 inch between my body and the restraints. one of the operator saw the gap i had and came to me to take a closer look. after a few seconds (in which he's face grew darker and darker) he told me to sit as far back as i could. as soon as i did that he put hes full weight on my restraints while shouting at me: "bist du verr├╝ckt?". ... i did not enjoy my ride on silver star ...
    so now my question: what would you consider a reasonable and safe distance to put between your body and restraints?
    i already had 3 rides on silver star (front back and a middle row) with 3 inches of space and i had no problem whatsoever. but that operator had a problem with it (i have bruises on both legs, even after 2 weeks they are still visible)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^I think 3 inch is pretty much, I usually put the restraints down to about a gap of 1 inch (so my hand still fits in between) - that should be enough. The operators have to be strict because they are responsible for safety.
    Of course, this is no excuse for hurting you and shouting at you, maybe it was the same operator who beat (!) someone in the row in front of me who rode Silver Star twice without leaving the train - I could understand that he got angry, but - again - it's no excuse to beat someone!

What's the heartline value for a Mack launched coaster like Blue Fire? Can I assume 1.2 m?
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Posted By: GravityFlyersIncWhat does the sample rate do in newton2?

It controls how many times per second that Newton performs it's calculations. For example, let's say you use 10,000 Hz as your sample rate. Ultimately what Newton does is it takes your starting values and then solves for the track coordinate 0.0001 seconds later based on the force and roll inputs at time 0.0000. Once it has those coordinates it then uses them and your roll and force settings at time 0.0001 to solve for the coordinate at time 0.0002. And so on, and so on. The important thing to note is that it uses constant force and roll settings over that 0.0001 interval. So, since they really aren't constant, there's a little bit of error associated with it. If you increase the sample rate to 100,000 Hz, you're now operating on much small time interval so the error gets smaller. Ultimately, as you go to a time interval of 0 (sample rate of infinity) you approach the perfect track path for the forces you input.

Now, I will say that I don't know exactly what type of Solver Newton uses as there's different ways you can go from point A to point B. You can use in inputs at point A to get there (called an explicit solver), or you can use the inputs at point B to get there (implicit solver), or you can use inputs that are halfway between A and B (midpoint solver), or you can use the inputs at A to get to an artificial B where you then get new inputs that you use to get to a better approximation of B (one of the many hybrid methods). It can all be kinda confusing so I will try to put up some graphics in the next few days that will help visualize it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

How exactly do I remove the cross-ties on a wooden coaster? I transformed the track to transports, set the acceleration and deceleration to 0, and hid the transport device - but the track gets pumpy whenever I split up the 1m sections. Anyone know how to fix this?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

^That or do the impossible station thing. Ask S4mumu how to do that.