Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012 edited

I changed the name of this thread to The Day Projects Thread. For those who have quick designs they created and want feedback on or some downloads. Anyone can post one of their day creations on this thread to be viewed :) Despite some peoples slightly one-sided opposition to day projects everybody does them now and again and not everybody feels like spending weeks and months on projects. So for all of you who have quick ideas and want to present them post them here :)

I will start ^__^

My other two projects La Leyenda and Bandit (neither are done lol) are my newest newest creations that are long projects meaning they will take weeks maybe months to complete. But before these two rides I never made rides that took longer than a day or two to complete. In this thread I plan on showing you a lot of my day projects that I completed and will release on the site.

My first one is a GCI woodie called Blixtnedslag (it means lightning).

^ Now a lot of you may be thinking that this isnt really a GCI inspired layout. Well you are right on that it isn't the normal layout of a typical GCI but for this ride I wanted to create a GCI wooden coaster that incorporated a large straight drop versus their common curved drop. I also wanted a coaster that had the twister elements that are found in GCI's rides, yet the mega airtime of an out and back woodie. Its a very simple layout nothing really complicated. It has a lot of airtime bunny hop hills in it to give tons of airtime and it has high banking and several turns. From this angle it looks like it does the same thing on both sides but it doesn't: the track that goes closest to the lift hill has some 90 degree banking and double dips the track parallel to it has no banking its just two bunny hops.

^ Its also got lots of close headchoppers! ^__^ But I tunnel tested the whole track eveything is in check! There are 7 headchoppers in the ride.

^ Another thing I incorporated in the design, which I think is very GCI-esque is what I like to call exaggerated banking. Its where the track banks kind of in the other direction it normally would to throw riders to one side right before or near an airtime hill for negative g forces or when the track goes through a banked turn and when that turn is over it kind of lingers with that banking wile encountering a small hill. I incorporated a few of those in the layout as well.

^ Also I incorporated 2 elevated 90 degree banked wraparounds. This is the smaller of the two and produces airtime. The first larger one incorporates 0 g at the top.

Now this wasnt the first go at this ride. I made the first version in January and I decided to redo it because it failed the tunnel test in some spots. Redoing it also gave me the opportunity to add some different things to the layout and correct some G forces and such. Anyways I will be uploading this today so download it amd rate people!!
    Day projects are bad, never do that. And especially don't upload it unless you want a horrible track average under your name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012 edited

Posted By: A.S.CoastersDay projects are bad, never do that. And especially don't upload it unless you want a horrible track average under your name.

woops ^_^ lol ijust uploaded it. And aww man. I dont think day projects are that bad they just may not be as detail oriented. I dont want a horrible track average but I dont think this track I uploaded was that bad. Why dont you check it out ^__^
    You can disable it. I would suggest doing that...this kind of thing isn't really worth sharing. Unless someone wants it BAD...and in that case just email it to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012

Posted By: mightbeawannabeYou can disable it. I would suggest doing that...this kind of thing isn't really worth sharing. Unless someone wants it BAD...and in that case just email it to them.

:( aww man.. iwanted some people to see what I made :( never mind then...
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012

I don't see why you wouldn't upload this. Doesn't look that bad and it is certainly above the average of coasters uploaded to the site.
    And also... you don't happen to be Swedish?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012 edited

Posted By: Bye TomI don't see why you wouldn't upload this. Doesn't look that bad and it is certainly above the average of coasters uploaded to the site.
    And also... you don't happen to be Swedish?

Thank you :) :) Its really not that bad of a track for a day project. It may seem as if I didnt take any time to make sure it was good but I actually did. The G forces are in check, the track has been tunnel tested, its got desirable qualities one would look for in a wooden coaster. Also no Im not Swedish Im African American ^___^ lol. I used google translate lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Generally you want to put more than a day into a track. At least a good fifteen to twenty hours. Especially with wooden coasters, there's a lot of tweaking you can do to the supports that really puts it over the top. All I see is an average wooden layout with maybe 30 minutes of details put into the areas of the supports where track passes under.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Posted By: LingGenerally you want to put more than a day into a track. At least a good fifteen to twenty hours. Especially with wooden coasters, there's a lot of tweaking you can do to the supports that really puts it over the top. All I see is an average wooden layout with maybe 30 minutes of details put into the areas of the supports where track passes under.

And thats totally fine that's your opinion. Im not saying this is my only method of designing rides. I have worked on and am currently working on some designs that take from a few days to a few weeks it all depends.

I totally agree I could have spent some time making some more custom supports, but when I created this ride a while back I didn't have the patience for that plus when I re-tracked it the other day I was already working on two other long term projects and didn't want to make a third.

And what you "see" is one thing. Maybe give it a chance its actually not that bad.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Rides take however long it takes you to make them. Quality is subjective.
    Words of wisdom from A113
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Posted By: A113Rides take however long it takes you to make them. Quality is subjective.

Thank you A113 :) . A.S. Coasters, mightbeawannabe, and Ling I hope you all read what A113 posted...

Posted By: predhockey33Words of wisdom from A113

exactly ! ;)
    Posted By: LJELLIS12A.S.Coasters, mightbeawannabe, and Ling I hope you all read what A113 posted...

It doesn't matter, the time and effort determines the quality. Whether the ride is good or not I wouldn't want to download a day project because you obviously didn't put time into it.
    • CommentAuthorNoLimitzki

Well your ride might be good for having spent a day on it.
    But is it just... good?

Just remember that the raters won't consider your time constraints when rating. The speed of your designing won't boost your rating especially when there is technically no deadline.
    I didn't mean for that to be offensive, if it were, but I don't think that it will do so well. It's fun to just wham out a track in a day and call it good enough, but don't think raters will treat this as a fun little diversion. Most raters don't read the description, and either way, what you show them is what they rate on. NOT what you haven't shown them.

Yes, it may be 'good' in your description, but is it representative of your work? Does it show skill? Or effort? I wouldn't say anyone's work can be adequately judged on a day project. Nobody wants to download something that had no effort put into it, and in the screens it shows. Quality is more important than quantity, but you must have quantity to have quality (quantity being the time and effort). I believe that if you want to better show yourself, don't release these rides as is. Maybe just show pictures and a video, and have anyone that wants it whisper their email address. This way, you don't bog down the server with countless tricks.

As a rule of thumb, upload only what you feel deserves the pomp and circumstance of an official release. It'll probably work out better in the long run for reputation.

Have fun with day projects, but don't let them become more than what they are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Posted By: A.S.Coasters
    Posted By: LJELLIS12A.S.Coasters, mightbeawannabe, and Ling I hope you all read what A113 posted...

It doesn't matter, the time and effort determines the quality. Whether the ride is good or not I wouldn't want to download a day project because you obviously didn't put time into it.

Ok cool story. Also effort and time are two different things so if someone worked very hard on their project and maybe they didnt take a week to complete it that doesnt mean it sucks it could be pretty good. But your point is taken. So bye :)

Posted By: NoLimitzkiWell your ride might be good for having spent a day on it.
    But is it just... good?

Just remember that the raters won't consider your time constraints when rating. The speed of your designing won't boost your rating especially when there is technically no deadline.

You have a point with that I like your logic :) But im not even saying coasters built in a day are better than ones built that take forever. I made this forum because I realized I had a lot of rides from the past that I may have created in a day or so and thought maybe others had some of those they wanted to share. Also the coaster I put on maybe could be better if I spent more than a day on it I guess I can understand where you're coming from. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted By: mightbeawannabeI didn't mean for that to be offensive, if it were, but I don't think that it will do so well. It's fun to just wham out a track in a day and call it good enough, but don't think raters will treat this as a fun little diversion. Most raters don't read the description, and either way, what you show them is what they rate on. NOT what you haven't shown them.

Yes, it's 'good' but is it representative of your work? Does it show skill? Or effort? I wouldn't say anyone's work can be adequately judged on a day project. Quality is more important than quantity, but you must have quantity to have quality (quantity being the time and effort). I believe that if you want to better show yourself, perhaps don't release these rides as is. Maybe just show pictures and a video, and have anyone that wants it whisper their email address.

As a rule of thumb, upload only what you feel deserves the pomp and circumstance of an official release. It'll probably work out better in the long run for reputation.

Have fun with day projects, but don't let them become more than what they are.

You know.. maybe you are right. And its alright I understand. It seems plenty of people dont like day projects which is fine lol. Thanks for your insight :)
    I'm not slamming short projects. I do them all the time. They're great fun and that's why I haven't released anything in a long time. I spent 3-4 days on a Medusa (Bizarro @ SFGA) that I barely started supports on and called it quits there. I know it's far from an exact recreation but the pursuit of that short term goal was fun. Will I ever support it and release it? Not in it's current situation. I may go back in and redo it from the ground up and get it as close to exact as I can and THEN release it, but I don't see anything positive about releasing it. Keep doing short projects! Please! You'll get much more experience. But DO NOT treat them as quality work.

After more experience, start a serious attempt and release THAT.

EDIT: I see you weren't talking about me there, and then you edited your post to include my previous one. Oh well.
    Posted By: LJELLIS12Ok cool story. But your point is taken. So bye :)

I really don't appreciate your attitude. If you want me to look at your ride and give you feedback don't give me sarcasm.
    Yeah, you really don't need to get snooty with people when they say something you don't agree with.
    Generally a ride that takes less time will be lower quality, its basic logic, but depending on the user, not all day projects are necessarily bad, just not as good as others. A113 made a few really good day projects. Effort and time work together really though.
    I think a thread for them however is kind of pointless, because they will mostly be bad.
    Perhaps if you change it to something like short projects, or a scrap yard like back with nolimits dev center, to put unfinished projects up for grabs. Those would make more sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing

Time and effort are the same thing, but you don't work on a ride for 24 hours per day. You could put a week into at one hour a day, and it will still probably not be that great of a submission. Put in three or four hours a day though, and you're getting somewhere. 3DS obviously drastically increase the build time, but we're not even considering that. There is also no set value - no "your ride is good if it takes you >6 hours' work to create". We're also not saying don't submit. But if you do submit, don't try to set the lens of those who download and rate by saying how long it took. Some things, it's worth mentioning (like A113's California Screamin' recreation that has been going on since... idk, the beginning of recorded history, perhaps), but in general it's just best to leave the amount of time it took out of it, lest we get threads such as these debating the issue.

We can sit here all day and say "It's good for one day (however many hours) of work," but really, that doesn't mean anything. Your layout is average. Riding it will make no difference, I have spent enough years with the program to get a pretty good feel of a ride by simply looking at it. Even if the pacing is fantastic, there is still so little going on. No terraforming, only the most basic of track-to-track interaction, and not even foliage. You say it's done in a GCI style, yet then say you were going for something different - we have no accuracy to critique. It's a very average ride, nothing more and nothing less. Leagues ahead of some of the stuff that turns up on the exchange to be sure, but not worth all this fanfare and jimmy rustling. Everyone just needs to chill out, and let the system work the way it has always worked, and that will teach or reaffirm why things turn out they do or are seen the way they are.
    After reading all the comments I've come down to a couple thoughts... this is entirely my opinion.

-Your supports are made with Wood Magic, many will notice even if you switched the wood beams to L beams, it won't get as good ratings as custom supports.
    -Quality over quantity is the way to go, this applies to most people on the forum who concentrate on a certain project and dedicate hard work towards it, to add most of those projects were made in minimum, a week and can still take many more weeks to complete. Making a coaster a day is too basic, a good rated coaster is one that stands out the most as a unique project. It's a waste of time to work on something all day and hope for an average rate. Try making something original that will make our jaws drop.
    -The turnarounds are way too high. GCI usually concentrate on low banked turns that allow the riders to experience more force. High turnarounds like this make the ride nothing like a GCI.
    -Always make sure your brake run is long enough to make a complete stop on the brake run and not halfway into the station.
    -The entrance to the lift hill should always be flat and not directly out of the station.

-The type of woodie this is based off is GCI, from what the images show me, there are hardly any twisted turns to give the ride that actual GCI feel. The layout looks more like a wrap around.

I felt the need to look for myself both on the editor and simulator and see how this day project would turn out. Even before opening the simulator, I took a look in the editor and was able to spot several pumps. This would make your rating much lower as well. What intrigued me the most what your comment on the download page I added under:

Posted By: LJELLIS12-Inspiration: I wanted to create a GCI wooden coaster that incorporated a large straight drop versus their common curved drop. I also wanted a coaster that had the twister elements that are found in GCI's rides, yet the mega airtime of an out and back woodie. I beleieve I accomplished this.

A vast majority, practically ALL GCI's have a curved drop, it's their signature. What was quite noticeable was that the "twister elements" you claim were in this ride, weren't similar to any other GCI I have seen. Multiple turns are a necessity. I don't think you accomplished much similar to a GCI layout and I wouldn't jump around calling it the ultimate GCI. I hope you don't take it too much as a harsh review especially for your first hybrid, but if you claim the layout resembles a GCI, don't expect many to agree with you. Just take it as advice from someone who's experienced this situation before. My advice to you is to get back to the drawing board and think up a more accurate layout to be considered a GCI style.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom

Do whatever coaster you want! If you want to make a coaster in a day, so be it. I you want to upload it , do it. Obviously you may not get very good ratings or any at all for that matter. But if you do, you got some good input on what you created and so your knowledge increased. I don't see why everyone is making a deal of it hurting your reputation, average rating etc. If one is building coasters just for the sake of getting a nice, high number to look at on their profile, then you really need to reconsider if building coasters is what you want to do with your free time. If you however, build coasters because you enjoy it, then quick projects like this is one of the best ways to improve.

Now, I agree that day-projects will most likely not be that interesting to most people. I mean I won't download the thing. That is simply because it doesn't look that special to me, and I am probably right with that too, because doing a very interesting coaster in one day is nearly impossible (as already mentioned). But there's no denyin that there's no better way to improve than to work on day-projects like this and if Ljellis wants to upload he coaster in the hopes that he may get feedback on his work, I don't see why anyone would see try to stop him.
    ^ That. It's just a program, it's not like it's some world tournament or something. Do whatever you want, but use the knowledge that you get from people's feedback.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

^^ That's right. Even if I don't think it's the best way to improve your skills, well, we won't tell you what to do with your coasters. And for your coaster, it doesn't look like a GCI at all, but more like a gravity group wooden. I don't think GCI does hybrids. And if they do, I don't think that it will be what they'll look like. But you could've made it more GCI-esque by putting some "details" to the trackwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Posted By: A.S.CoastersI really don't appreciate your attitude. If you want me to look at your ride and give you feedback don't give me sarcasm.

My attitude comes from the fact that you said you werent going to look at it in the first place because it was built in one day and that there was no time spent on it. Which is fine...when you said you weren't going to look at it anyway, I stopped caring..This thread isnt an argument thread so Im not going back and forth with you. If you dont like day projects Im not saying you have to, but you also dont need to comment on how "day projects are bad, never do that. And especially don't upload it unless you want a horrible track average under your name." I mean you could have kept that to yourself...now if you had critiqued the ride and said this and that and this and then said dont upload yet maybe tweak some things, I would be more understanding because you took the time to look at it.

Posted By: ThrillsEntertainmentYeah, you really don't need to get snooty with people when they say something you don't agree with.
    Generally a ride that takes less time will be lower quality, its basic logic, but depending on the user, not all day projects are necessarily bad, just not as good as others. A113 made a few really good day projects. Effort and time work together really though.
    I think a thread for them however is kind of pointless, because they will mostly be bad.
    Perhaps if you change it to something like short projects, or a scrap yard like back with nolimits dev center, to put unfinished projects up for grabs. Those would make more sense.

Yea I like the scrap yard idea. I like your perspective thanks.

Posted By: LingTime and effort are the same thing, but you don't work on a ride for 24 hours per day. You could put a week into at one hour a day, and it will still probably not be that great of a submission. Put in three or four hours a day though, and you're getting somewhere. 3DS obviously drastically increase the build time, but we're not even considering that. There is also no set value - no "your ride is good if it takes you >6 hours' work to create". We're also not saying don't submit. But if you do submit, don't try to set the lens of those who download and rate by saying how long it took. Some things, it's worth mentioning (like A113's California Screamin' recreation that has been going on since... idk, the beginning of recorded history, perhaps), but in general it's just best to leave the amount of time it took out of it, lest we get threads such as these debating the issue.

We can sit here all day and say "It's good for one day (however many hours) of work," but really, that doesn'tmeananything. Your layout is average. Riding it will make no difference, I have spent enough years with the program to get a pretty good feel of a ride by simply looking at it. Even if the pacing is fantastic, there is still so little going on. No terraforming, only the most basic of track-to-track interaction, and not even foliage. You say it's done in a GCI style, yet then say you were going for something different - we have no accuracy to critique. It's a very average ride, nothing more and nothing less. Leagues ahead of some of the stuff that turns up on the exchange to be sure, but not worth all this fanfare and jimmy rustling. Everyone just needs to chill out, and let the system work the way it has always worked, and that will teach or reaffirm why things turn out they do or are seen the way they are.

See this is actually critique so I cant be upset about this... I appreciate it. But the "fanfare and jimmy rustling"... I dont know what your takling about there I put a few pictures gave a few stats I even said the layout was simple...sooo maybe you could clarify that please :) Yea no terraforming unfortunately I've never been real good at that. Something I could work on for sure. The foilage thing in the old track it had some but when I retracked it I left it all out. I could have really put some in there you are right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Posted By: unlimitedcoasterAfter reading all the comments I've come down to a couple thoughts... this is entirely my opinion.

-Your supports are made with Wood Magic, many will notice even if you switched the wood beams to L beams, it won't get as good ratings as custom supports.
    -Quality over quantity is the way to go, this applies to most people on the forum who concentrate on a certain project and dedicate hard work towards it, to add most of those projects were made in minimum, a week and can still take many more weeks to complete. Making a coaster a day is too basic, a good rated coaster is one that stands out the most as a unique project. It's a waste of time to work on something all day and hope for an average rate. Try making something original that will make our jaws drop.
    -The turnarounds are way too high. GCI usually concentrate on low banked turns that allow the riders to experience more force. High turnarounds like this make the ride nothing like a GCI.
    -Always make sure your brake run is long enough to make a complete stop on the brake run and not halfway into the station.
    -The entrance to the lift hill should always be flat and not directly out of the station.

-The type of woodie this is based off is GCI, from what the images show me, there are hardly any twisted turns to give the ride that actual GCI feel. The layout looks more like a wrap around.

I felt the need to look for myself both on the editor and simulator and see how this day project would turn out. Even before opening the simulator, I took a look in the editor and was able to spot several pumps. This would make your rating much lower as well. What intrigued me the most what your comment on the download page I added under:

Posted By: LJELLIS12-Inspiration: I wanted to create a GCI wooden coaster that incorporated a large straight drop versus their common curved drop. I also wanted a coaster that had the twister elements that are found in GCI's rides, yet the mega airtime of an out and back woodie. I beleieve I accomplished this.

A vast majority, practically ALL GCI's have a curved drop, it's their signature. What was quite noticeable was that the "twister elements" you claim were in this ride, weren't similar to any other GCI I have seen. Multiple turns are a necessity. I don't think you accomplished much similar to a GCI layout and I wouldn't jump around calling it the ultimate GCI. I hope you don't take it too much as a harsh review especially for your first hybrid, but if you claim the layout resembles a GCI, don't expect many to agree with you. Just take it as advice from someone who's experienced this situation before. My advice to you is to get back to the drawing board and think up a more accurate layout to be considered a GCI style.

Thank you for the feedback. As for the wood magic thing yes they were. I've gotten rather used to just throwing those in. Do most people who make custom wood supports add onto that or start from scratch? As for the turnaround thats actually a great point. Now there are some GCIs where the turnarouns, especially after the intial drop are not low to the ground but for the most part I totally see where you are coming from. When I made the original version of this ride I mentioned it being the ultimate GCI in the track descripition. When I uploaded the new retracked verison here I just copied and pasted that track info lol yeaa I should have gotten rid of that. Your review was a tad harsh but Im not complaining here at all. Im actually glad you looked at it and made a sound verdict based on actually riding looking examing ect.

Posted By: Bye Tom

Lol thanks. So many people are attacking me over this situation its not that serious lol. And yea lol. I mean I do actual lengthy projects too I've got two Im working on now. And yea all I wanted was some feedback. All the extra "day projects are bad", "it just looks average (without giving a reason, pointers, advice, ect...)" was unnecesary.

For all of you who were offended by this Day Project I apologize. This thread wasn't intended to start a whole argument on the topic. For those who commented with genuine feedback and critique: thank you. It actually helped a lot. I think maybe with these pointers I could go back and create something more stylistically correct with more detail. For those who didnt give any real feedback, I apologize if my attitude offended you. But can you please take the argument of the validity of day projects to another thread. And I also apologize for the double post
    Posted By: LJELLIS12but you also dont need to comment on how "day projects are bad, never do that. And especially don't upload it unless you want a horrible track average under your name." I mean you could have kept that to yourself...

Generally a day project will get a lower than average score, and a lot of people will not rate because they know that the ride wasn't made to the best of your ability, so why go and tell you things to fix if you already know how to? It's just a waste of the rater's time. I also could have worded what I said differently, because day projects aren't always bad, but it's the truth; if you don't listen, upload it and get no feedback, don't come here and ask me to rate. I don't want to go and write up a few paragraphs on things that you did wrong/can be fixed if I know that you probably know about them already and just threw the ride together.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Can you guys just shut up and let this thread go? Let people use their time the way they want to, and let them upload what they want to. If they want to show it off to the forums, they can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA.S.Coasters

It's not that I care about what he uploads, it's his snide remarks against the help I was trying to give. As I said though, the first comment I made was unnecessary but I stand by what I stated in my previous one.

The way I see it, it's about the quality of the ride, not the amount of time you put into it. Sure if you work maybe a week on a project, it won't be as good as if you worked on it for a month. But also, say I worked on a project for two weeks, it would probably be worse than a project A113, DC, or LeFLO worked on for a day, because of the QUALITY. So if you're an extremely experienced NL builder, you could probably get away with a day/week project. But I would rather work on something for a month and get a good rating, rather than work on it for a day and get a bad rating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12

Ok some people are still not getting the point of this thread. This thread is for people who have quick projects or maybe even concepts that they would like to show and get genuine feedback on. This is NOT an argument or debate thread on the effectiveness,validity, or quality of short projects. So if you find yourself commenting on those please don't.

Posted By: A.S.Coasters

It's not that I care about what he uploads, it's his snide remarks against the help I was trying to give. As I said though, the first comment I made was unnecessary but I stand by what I stated in my previous one.

You have given no help other than stating that pretty much one day projects cant be that great because no time was put into them...there has been no constructive feedback in any of your comments and no critique either. You keep judging the worthiness of a day project....which is not what this thread calls for. Look at unlimitedcoaster's post. That is actually great critique for this ride; also notice that there arent many positive things stated in that critique, but he had reasons for each point he made which is great. Thats what this thread is for. Also please note I never refuted what you stated in your previous point. You're point was taken. I never said you were wrong. Sooo your defensiveness and attitude are a little unnecessary as well..

Anyways note to all use unlimitedcoaster's post or even Ling's post as models for what kind of things should be said in this discussion. Thanks. (Also I havent uploaded any uploads on bandit because I havent had much access to use my sketchup computer :P More updates are coming!!)
    *Mods,

Please delete unnecessary posts, since I think a full-blown net war is at hand. Thanks*
    .....OH.....sorry I forgot....ummmm

Inb4 "quality vs quantity" war
    Posted By: LJELLIS12You have given no help other than stating that pretty much one day projects cant be that great because no time was put into them

I didn't say that they are all bad, you misinterpreted what I told you.

No, I wasn't trying to to give you critisism so showing me to someone else's post and telling me how to reveiw a ride is irrelevant. I'm not trying to have a bad attitude, but your original "cool story thanks bye" thing to me (when I was simply telling you my opinion on this) started a back and forth argument which has gotten us nowhere. I'm done replying to you on the subject as this does not need to go on.
    <rant>
    That's it. I've been trying to avoid having my say in this, in fear of being dragged into this whole mess, but it has gone way too far. The maturity level in this topic from both of you is about zero in my perspective. I can understand both of your guys' arguments but there is no need for this childish bickering. LJELLIS12, you have a thread, great. It has coasters, great. But you can't expect a day projects thread and not get a little bit of grief about it. A.S. Coasters, the whole thing about harassing people for making coasters in a day is totally uncalled for. Just leave him alone and be on with your life. There is no point in arguing about a damn GCI made in a day on a roller coaster simulator.
    </rant>

Good day to you both
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989*Mods,

Please delete unnecessary posts, since I think a full-blown net war is at hand. Thanks*

About the ride though, it looks kinda cool. I hope you continue with these side-projects, just listen to the raters' advice while doing so.
    Going along with the minute flame war going on here.
    I'm gonna be completely honest here, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think the reason many users are getting easily agitated now is because there has been a quality drop on the site within the past year or so. I've been on here since not long after it was publicly opened and have noticed quite a change. It isn't bad, and the discussion is still valid, but if you go back and dig through the forums you'll notice the difference in quality of posts, creations, and etc. Just in terms of the general valid content quality and posts. People here used to joke about the quality of coastercrazy and lately people there have been joking about the quality here. I realize the site is fairly young in the community, but some of us just want it to go back to its old ways. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the projects are still outstandingly good, but overall the good/not so good ratio has been leaning more to the right recently.
    That's how I view it, anyways.
    Posted By: ThrillsEntertainmentand lately people there have been joking about the quality here.

I am a CC member and have not seen any of that stuff... Or am I just blind. But yeah TE, you have a point there.
    In the chat, not the forums. Trust me, I spend a lot of time in that chat and its most definitely there.
    Anyways, like I said, I really don't want to start another debate and whatnot, it isn't aimed at anyone, its just how I've perceived things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012

Posted By: gigacoasterfan
    That's it. I've been trying to avoid having my say in this, in fear of being dragged into this whole mess, but it has gone way too far. The maturity level in this topic from both of you is about zero in my perspective. I can understand both of your guys' arguments but there is no need for this childish bickering. LJELLIS12, you have a thread, great. It has coasters, great. But you can't expect a day projects thread and not get a little bit of grief about it. A.S. Coasters, the whole thing about harassing people for making coasters in a day is totally uncalled for. Just leave him alone and be on with your life. There is no point in arguing about a damn GCI made in a day on a roller coaster simulator.

Good day to you both

...the "argument" is over notice I havent responded to anything else A.S. Coaster has posted because Im not even gonna go back in that direction. But thanks for the comment and thanks for trying to see everyones side.

Posted By: Luisvaldez989
    Posted By: Luisvaldez989*Mods,

About the ride though, it looks kinda cool. I hope you continue with these side-projects, just listen to the raters' advice while doing so.

Thanks :) Im for sure going to continue the side projects. And of course I've gotta address viewers' advice and criticism <------ That was the point of this thread to get critique, thoughts, and advice. Some people decided to have post condescending things about their hate for day projects and such and my response to those irrelevant and unnecesary comments basically started this "war" goin on.... But absolutely thanks for the support man :)

Posted By: ThrillsEntertainmentGoing along with the minute flame war going on here.
    I'm gonna be completely honest here, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think the reason many users are getting easily agitated now is because there has been a quality drop on the site within the past year or so. I've been on here since not long after it was publicly opened and have noticed quite a change. It isn't bad, and the discussion is still valid, but if you go back and dig through the forums you'll notice the difference in quality of posts, creations, and etc. Just in terms of the general valid content quality and posts. People here used to joke about the quality of coastercrazy and lately people there have been joking about the quality here. I realize the site is fairly young in the community, but some of us just want it to go back to its old ways. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the projects are still outstandingly good, but overall the good/not so good ratio has been leaning more to the right recently.

...I assure you the "war" is over...thanks for posting your opinion.
    Posted By: ThrillsEntertainmentGoing along with the minute flame war going on here.

I remember that when I first joined, there was like nobody on here who ever posted and it was an extremely mature forum where everyone would respect the other guy. That was only a year ago. Now, I don't know what to say. I feel like this place went downhill last summer and never really made the return from the summer sillyness that is pretty much bound to happen.
    let's use this thread as it was intended. post some of your day-projects.

I actually don't have many true day-projects of me, simply because of the fact that i can't make a coaster with the quality i wan't in a day. (not with my limited knowledge and my slow building). so instead i'm going to post an older ride of mine that would take me about a day (or less) if i would build them now.
    sooo, this ride is called ... ... wooden twister :0 'how original is that?' (this ride is over a year old, and since i've been building rollercoasters for only about 1.5 years that's quite old)

it's a looooooong wooden coaster(2443 meters) based on no style whatsoever and has a REALLY poor design. the curves are not twisty at all, and everything is very long and stretchy giving no sence of speed at all (and it's going 87 km/hr so yeah, it's really poor).
    Photobucket

Photobucket

here is my first (and only (at this moment)) released no limits coaster ever. sorry for the dutch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LH8eb0NRhI
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanA.S.Coasters, the whole thing about harassing people for making coasters in a day is totally uncalled for.

Giga, I wasn't harassing him. TE has a big point there, which is the main reason you appear to think I 'went off' on him. Go in the chat, every single person there is ripping on NLE saying the site is full of n00bs and 0 average tracks, making a ride in a day and uploading obviously won't get a high average, thus making their veiw on us even worse. Yeah, I know that this is just a simulator but people over there still talk crap about the site, which is horrible because of all the time that I'm sure Matt/Mods put into it. I also know that this is just a hobby for most of us, but as I just said there was still a ton of time and work put into the site and it shouldn't be forgotten just because someone uploads a track that took them less than 10 hours to make.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012

Posted By: rctthebestlet's use this thread as it was intended. post some of your day-projects.

Thank you very much. I was hoping after I stopped going back and forth the whole topic would crumble....apparently I was wrong....

To your coaster its totally understandable. Not everyone can create good creations in one day it doesn't mean you're any worse than someone who can. Sometimes day projects are like ideas for a ride you just gotta get down. Thanks for the > relevant < post :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012 edited

I find complaints of quality dropoff to be somewhat amusing given that NLE has been operating for a year or more as a website that exists entirely because of user-generated content, from the exchange to the forums. At any given time, there are 0 to (at absolute most) 2 staff members on NLE. You guys run this place, plain and simple.

Secondly, if anyone is concerned about heckling from CC chat trolls, I don't know that you're in the right place to begin with. Would you prefer I went through and banned everyone that I found to be immature, "bad at NL", bad with spelling/grammar, or willing to engage in asinine flame wars? Some might enjoy such an "elitist" site, but then the complaints would just be about how dead the forums are or how we were a bunch of circle-jerking, snobby douches who looked down their noses at the rest of the NL community, because that's what we'd be. We aim for a happy medium. We may not be there, but if you'd like to do better you're welcome to try.

That said - I do find this particular topic to be a bit redundant - isn't this basically what the Uber Idea Thread is for? People showing off half-finished projects to get feedback? Convince me otherwise or I sink this - the thread is already too riddled with flames that I'd rather it just disappear than go back and selectively delete things.

Complaining is certainly not what I was going for, I'm not even saying that it was my standpoint. It was just my best assumption for the consistent bickering taking place in the recent months. It may just be because of the recent onslaught of spamming, and threads rolling downhill like this, but I digress. I think once Matt finds the time to update the forums and organize things up a bit, everyone may be happier. I just don't this interface works as well with the larger quantity of users. Overall, it still is one of the best sites out there for nolimits despite all our little gripes.
    I personally vouch for sinking though. LJellis, may need to make a new thread, I dont see this one going anywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012

I disagree with you ThrillsEntertainment. The difference between this one and the UIT is that this one is for short projects, nearly finished, and just as a challenge to improve some of our skills (or, at least, that's what I read). The ÜIT is for projects or concept which can last longer. After, those are just my thoughts.
    Oh, no, I just meant sinking due to the fact that the thread is, as BB stated, riddled with flames. Not due to the idea.
    Ljellis should make a new clean thread, and I think by simply changing the name to "Short projects, etc. etc." it will likely spare a lot of debate.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012

Well, Yeah. This or deleting all the non-constructive posts above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012 edited

Posted By: s4mumuI disagree with you ThrillsEntertainment. The difference between this one and the UIT is that this one is for short projects, nearly finished, and just as a challenge to improve some of our skills (or, at least, that's what I read). The ÜIT is for projects or concept which can last longer. After, those are just my thoughts.

Dead on! :) Thanks for trying to be understanding

Posted By: s4mumuWell, Yeah. This or deleting all the non-constructive posts above.

If I had the power to do that...I would trust me.

And Im not trying to start any kind of "war" here at all, but for those saying you want the thread to disappear, you are only making it stay up on the forum discussions part longer by commenting on it. With all due respect if you don't like this forum idea...simply don't comment.

This thread does not call for opinions on whether you like day projects or whether you think day projects are bad, or whether you like this thread, ect... Therefore if you are posting the things mentioned you should probably think about if what you are saying is actually constructive and relative to the thread or you trying to be "right" and say what you want about how you feel. If its the latter, you can create a debate thread of you own on the subject of day projects...but please, I ask, don't do it here. This thread for critique on completed or nearly completed rides finished in a day or maybe a little longer. Thank you for considering. (notice I said all of this very calmly there is no attitude Im just pointing this out..)