Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012 edited

First of all I have no idea how legit this thread is, if its a problem by all means lock it :) but thought I would mention this :)

Okay so I go REALLY bored this afternoon, and though I would follow the likes of Arctec, gravity flyers, A113, UnlimitedCoaster and others who have a "production name" to their coasters...

The name sucks, but there is reason behind it. The first thing I ever made out of supports was a Bridge. which is when I found out I was good at support stuff. also, this was the first thing that was suggested, and it was a spur of the moment thing and thought that would do fine. :P (thanks to Archy for the suggestion)

soooo...

Photobucket

Yes. all if not most of my coasters will now be under a production name, aswell as my own. thought it would be fun and give me something else to do when presenting my coasters! :)

Hope you guys like it.
    Interesting name... But, in my honest opinion, it requires more cowbell.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012

That's cool. My production/imaginary company name is WaveLength inc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

I don't have a production name, lol.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Uh, don't follow me, that was just my 13 year old self being stupid.

I kind of want to disband it, lol.
    I think its kind of annoying, personally..
    It just seems to me that people who do this kind of thing are taking the game way too seriously.
    inb4 more haters to come.

Anyway, I think it's okay; it's just for fun, right? Not some serious "this company is one of the best in the industry, uses cutting-edge technology, blah blah blah" kind of stuff.
    I think the construction threads are annoying only because everyone felt the need to make one at the same time, I see nothing wrong with creating a production name for your coasters and material/work ethic though. I mean, isn't that kind of the point of a production name?

Anywho, I like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

Skyishet Coasters Inc. ftw
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch

In my opinion, this is just another logo than can be put on the screenshots of your recent projects. I don't see any other needs for this.
    Posted By: TheBeatlesI think its kind of annoying, personally..

Posted By: LightsAndMagicIt just seems to me that people who do this kind of thing are taking the game way too seriously.

Just.... wow. Because joining a dedicated NL forum, having your own construction thread, and redesigning every busch gardens ride with similar/linked name isnt taking the game too serious... right? FAIL.
    Posted By: The_Architect
    Posted By: TheBeatlesI think its kind of annoying, personally..

Posted By: LightsAndMagicIt just seems to me that people who do this kind of thing are taking the game way too seriously.

Just.... wow. Because joining a dedicated NL forum, having your own construction thread, and redesigning every busch gardens ride with similar/linked name isnt taking the game too serious... right? FAIL.

WIN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I also have my own "company", IDeA Entertainment©, though I'm nor using it on all my NL project.
    I don't see anything bad about it, it's just for fun. ;)

BTW, the name you choosed Brett remind me of Sally Corporation, as "Sally" were their first animatronic!
    thanks guys, yeah this isn't some serious "INTRODUCING TO YOU ALL THE WAY FROM BRIDGE DESIGNS IS THE GREATEST COASTER YOU WILL EVER SEE!"

THIS IS "hey guys heres a coaster i made on NL under a name called bridge coasters to give it abit more of a unique style to what i do in NL"

This is not some massive serious "im going to be a coaster designer one day" thing this is just for fun :P

Says the guy who had a temper tantrum because someone didn't rate his ride as well as he'd hoped. FAIL.
    Posted By: LightsAndMagic

Says the guy that blew up because someone didn't rate his ride as well as he'd hoped.

I dont think you realize how much time and effort he puts into his coasters, hence why he was abit annoyed when it had not great ratings. I think that everyone if not about 90% of NLE will agree with me and Rob on this.
    What and other people who get coasters rated under a 9 don't?
    ^well in general... yes XD i dont have a single project rated 9 or over, and how much effort do i put into things??? so if i put in that much effort and only get 7-8's then to be able to get 9's is ALOT of work.
    I think getting rated is a big bit luck as well. Some people will bag you for stupid stuff (I was once marked off several points because the TARDIS I put in was the wrong shade of blue). That's true no matter how much time you spend on the coaster. Also time doesn't necessarily equal high ratings. I've seen plenty of people put tons and tons of time into a coaster and it ends up a huge flop in the exchange. But do they have a complete mental breakdown? No.
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicSays the guy who had a temper tantrum because someone didn't rate his ride as well as he'd hoped. FAIL.
    don't bring this argument back up again. i think we have heard enough of this in the past.

Brett: it's rather funny. we are trying to do exactly the same in opposite directions. i'm trying to get rid of my current username and change it into my own name to be taken more serious, and you do exactly the opposite (with slightly different reasons)
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicI think getting rated is a big bit luck as well. Some people will bag you for stupid stuff (I was once marked off several points because the TARDIS I put in was the wrong shade of blue). That's true no matter how much time you spend on the coaster. Also time doesn't necessarily equal high ratings. I've seen plenty of people put tons and tons of time into a coaster and it ends up a huge flop in the exchange. But do they have a complete mental breakdown? No.

But this is also because their skills arent as good as some in NLE :P also you defending yourself so badly actually prouves that your just annoyed that your not getting 9's on your coasters, jealousy is a deadly sin my friend.

anyway im done with what seems to be like a recurring argument.

Posted By: rctthebest
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicSays the guy who had a temper tantrum because someone didn't rate his ride as well as he'd hoped. FAIL.
    don't bring this argument back up again. i think we have heard enough of this in the past.

Brett: it's rather funny. we are trying to do exactly the same in opposite directions. i'm trying to get rid of my current username and change it into my own name to be taken more serious, and you do exactly the opposite (with slightly different reasons)

Yes it does seem that way :P im not going to have a new username and such, i just think that, as my support stuff is getting more and more recognized, i would like to put abit more of a name to it :)
    I'm not annoyed that I don't get 9's on my coasters, since, you know, I don't take the game that seriously.
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicI'm not annoyed that I don't get 9's on my coasters, since, you know, I don't take the game that seriously.

good for you. now please can you stop being arguing on my thread,
    • CommentAuthorA113

nerd fight

nerd fight

nerd fight
    Don't yell at me. Your little friend Archy's the one that started it. I was simply defending myself.
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicDon't yell at me. Your little friend Archy's the one that started it. I was simply defending myself.

thought i just said stop?
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012 edited

I agree with lightsandmagic, it's a bit a matter of luck. It's especially when n00bs (over)rate first, it made that one of my old coasters I made in two weeks or so had better ratings than another made in four months (!). Anyway, let's talk about brett's bridge design. I think that giving ourselves a company-ish name isn't a bad thing, it gives a cool feeling and more serious to our coasters (BTW mine is S4mumu productions, but I may change it too S4Coasters .inc)

EDIT : 4 posts while I was posting ! I'm a really slow writer :P
    S4Coasters sounds pretty good! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

Thanks ! And KingRCT3 :

"Ilmagination, delvelopment, almusement"

Are these l voluntary ?

--______I|magination ________
    ______De|velopment_________
    _______A|musement_______--

yes they are :) if you separate the letters on the left from the ones on the right it spells idea :)
    Posted By: LightsAndMagicDon't yell at me.

I don't see anywhere that Brett yelled at you. Please, calm down and drop it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

^And this is all via Internet, so tone of voice is impossible... :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: s4mumu

Thanks ! And KingRCT3 :

"Ilmagination, delvelopment, almusement"

Are these l voluntary ?

Yes, Brett got it. It was a way to show that "IDeA" in an acronyme. But it showed up in a weird way. ;)
    ^i like the idea thing, keep rolling with it.

and to the previous posts, i have read them and i'm simply going to chose not to reply to them. I'm only writing this so people don't wonder "did Archy know what was posted?"
    Bringing up an old topic, sorry to offend you guys.
    I came up with a really original idea I don't think anyone has ever used:

"LaunchTec"

:P
    ^ lol
    Can we avoid 1 word posts from now on...
    ^ that provided nothing to the conversation. and was that supposed to be some joke launch tower? if so i didnt get it.
    Posted By: Brett-Jones^ that provided nothing to the conversation. and was that supposed to be some joke launch tower? if so i didnt get it.

Launch Tower + The_Architect

Yep, I guess it was supposed to be.

Anyways, Brett and Archy, I am so glad that you guys are officially partnering up.
    ^ that is half the reason i did this, for the new project with me and ArchTec
    Posted By: gigacoasterfan
    Posted By: Brett-Jones^ that provided nothing to the conversation. and was that supposed to be some joke launch tower? if so i didnt get it.

Launch Tower + The_Architect

Yep, I guess it was supposed to be.

Anyways, Brett and Archy, I am so glad that you guys are officially partnering up.

The joke was me copying off of ArcTec when he had that name for a long time
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanAnyways, Brett and Archy, I am so glad that you guys are officially partnering up.

We work together on some rides, we are not permanent partners who do everything together. The work we do together is a collaboration or two separate designers.
    Well, I know who bridge is. I like the logo brett,, looks nice. Maybe I should make a production name... *shrugs*