Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Wow, that looks great and especially, Original!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013

This is interesting. I like most of your supports but I'm not at all fond of those box spines u have going on. To be honest I don't really find it aesthetically pleasing or even structurally necessary in the top hat (loop one is fine structurally but I still think you should just go with the regular box support) I get that your going for the modern theme though so I do see where its coming from.
    Kind of odd layout, to be honest. And I'm not so sure about the box spine either.

btw-What happened to that Expedition GeForce you started a while back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013

Looks intriguing, I really love the box spine supports. I suppose this is kind of a FVD++ test, isn't it? ;)
    Posted By: mightbeawannabeKind of odd layout, to be honest.

Kinda what I was thinking. It seems like the idea was planned but the layout itself feels sporadic.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014 edited

Hey guys: to keep all of my new ideas in one place (this place) I'm bumping this rather old thread of mine. This time my project has nothing to do with coasters really. As some of you might know my hobby besides riding roller coasters is actually springboard-diving. So I decided to try and program a springboard-diving simulator. This is heavily inspired by games and prototypes by Walaber (shoutout to his awesomeness btw).

That's what I've got so far:
    Diving Prototype (Video)

And the two inspirations from Walaber:
    Trailer for Walaber's trampoline
    Walaber's aerial skier prototype

Most of the time spent on this prototype went into actually supporting skeletal animations, importing models and skeletal structures directly from blender (something I might transfer to FVD++ I guess, the model part at least). Today I sat down and animated the three most common positions in diving: layout (straight), tuck and pike. There's a whole lot still to be done but in programming you can only step forward. Next thing would be to introduce a physically correct motion of the body and model some kind of pool to dive into.

Greetings, Lenny