Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012 edited

Hi there,
    I thought it would be interesting to have a general discussion about computer and video games (besides NL). What's your favourite? How many/which games do you have? What do you think of Steam or anything similar? etc. etc.

Please don't forget to warn others of possible spoilers ... ;)

I have various favourite games atm:

- Orcs Must Die! 2: A funny tower-defense-like game in third person view where you have to stop a horde of orcs by placing traps like tar traps, arrow walls, acid sprayers, pounders, swinging maces and a lot more. I got it two months ago and already spent about 34 hours of playing.

- Beat Hazard with Ultra DLC: A 2D music-adapted arcade space shooter, a mix between Asteroids and Space Invaders with tons of epilepsy-causing effects (pretty good ones!). The best thing is you can listen to your own music while playing. There are many power-ups, too.

- Dungeon Siege III: A RPG, rather a hack'n'slay, in a kind of isometric view (like the PS2 titles Baldur's Gate II or Champions Of Norrath/Champions: Return to Arms which I've been playing recently) with four pre-defined characters, but interesting loot. It's pretty hard even on the easiest level.

- RCT2: I don't think I need to describe this. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012

I currently play for the most part DotA2 (played the old Wc3 DotA for 4 years, have played about 800 hours of DotA2), a bit Diablo3 (hardcore that is, currently I'm still mourning my paragon level 16 Witch Doctor). What I'm really looking forward to the first expansion of Starcraft2 which I played for about a year. Such a challenging game online. Love the competitiveness but I'm too afraid to come back to Vanilla Sc2 as I will be stomped to death :D. RCT1 and 2 are both games I always have installed just to hop in and have fun.

Greetings, Lenny
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012

- I'm 'secretly' in love with the half life series (now that Black Mesa came out I like it even more)
    - I also play CoD 4 (the best game of the CoD series in my eyes)
    - I'm also pretty active in Counter Strike: Source (I played this game for 5 years now and even played in the German ESL Pro Series...*yes I'm pretty good at this game^^)
    - The Elder Scrolls Skyrim and some other role-playing are also on my harddrive and I like to play them when I'm bored :)
    - NFS-Series is good to...some games are shitty productions some are pretty awesome (NFS-U / NFS-U2 or NFS-Shift)
    So thats pretty much it...I also have some small games like Slender etc. which are pretty good boredom killers :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012 edited

What do you think of Terraria, Titan Quest (great RPG set in Greek mythology), Portal 2, Vessel, Saints Row: The Third, OMSI (a highly realistic bus simulator) and/or Torchlight? I don't play them atm, but they always are fun.
    I also like to play Worms Reloaded and Bombzone (German website - the old version is pretty amazing) with friends - local, of course. Speaking of local: I'm not a huge fan of online games, I rather enjoy playing with my friends live. Surely, there are certain exceptions, e. g. Magicka (where local co-op is possible, but hardly enjoyable with X-Box controllers as you are much more flexible with a keyboard) or OMD! 2 which is a lot of fun to play in pairs, but unfortunately this is only possible online.

Btw, is anyone on Steam here?
    Minecraft, RCT2, and Skyrim are my favorites. However, I only have Minecraft on my PC atm.
    MINECRAFT, and if anyone else says... get on my server!

address: -
    bukkit.game-server.cc

It's a pro 90 player server that is like, 2 weeks old.
    Oh yeah, the Impossible Game is fun to.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2012

Can anyone tell me about Forza Horizons? Is it Arcade racing or is it still more realistic Forza racing? It looks fun but I'm still on the fence about it.
    There's this cool game called NoLimits Roller Coaster Simulation that I play. I don't know if you guys would like it but you should try it out!
    It's not a game, it's a simulator.
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanIt's not a game, it's a simulator.

Tomato Tomahto lol. Anyways, I'm into just the obvious teen games like MW3, Black Ops, and sort of into Minecraft but I'm running the proxy server so I don't know if I can play with anyone online.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT

I am currently in a Slender state of mind: I play about 15 rounds a day.
    And StepMania. It's DDR for your PC! I do have a USB dance pad by the way, but I'm too lazy to actually use it. I just use the arrow keys :P
    Posted By: LiMiTI am currently in a Slender state of mind: I play about 15 rounds a day.
    And StepMania. It's DDR for your PC! I do have a USB dance pad by the way, but I'm too lazy to actually use it. I just use the arrow keys :P

Oh, StepMania. That was my previous obsession :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

I get mad at Slender. It takes so long to just get 6 notes and when he gets you, you have to start all over... -_-
    Posted By: mrfeenyCan anyone tell me about Forza Horizons? Is it Arcade racing or is it still more realistic Forza racing? It looks fun but I'm still on the fence about it.

Turn 10 has repeatedly said that if you turn off the assists you will get handling that feels just like Forza 4. However they have added strength to the assists so if you leave those on you'll probably get a fairly arcade-y experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012 edited

Have you played Magicka? This is one ridiculously funny game with lots of references to movies and other games. If you haven't heard of it yet you should watch these gameplay videos (spoilers included!) - unfortunately, they didn't complete the game.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012

So me and some friends of mine just bought tickets to PAX East the other day. I've always wanted to be able to go to one of the big video game expo's and since E3 is insanely exclusive to pretty much just people in the industry, PAX has always been second on my list.

Posted By: AJClarke0912
    Posted By: mrfeenyCan anyone tell me about Forza Horizons? Is it Arcade racing or is it still more realistic Forza racing? It looks fun but I'm still on the fence about it.

Turn 10 has repeatedly said that if you turn off the assists you will get handling that feels just like Forza 4. However they have added strength to the assists so if you leave those on you'll probably get a fairly arcade-y experience.

Do you think you will pick it up? I think i'll get it but if a majority of the Forza racing community is going to wait for "Forza 5" instead, then I think i would pass on it.
    Well, I just played the demo so I can tell you about it. I think I'll definitely get it, BUT: the physics ARE different. I think it has a bit to do with the pretty reduced controller vibration that just made Forza 4 feel so authentic because now that I think about it, you got a lot of steering and tire information through the controller's feel. A lot of that is gone in Horizon, and it's unknown whether it will come back or not by full release.

There are underlying arcade tendencies though, which is disappointing. Even with sim steering, no assists, etc: the brakes are quite sharp, the steering is more responsive (and doesn't have the sim steering qualities such as light steering while going over a hill quickly, scandinavian-flicking, etc), and the "65 surfaces" they claimed to have do not feel as diverse as I thought they would.

They say the demo is still leaving out some things in terms of possible revisions and refinement, but we'll see. I did however expect it to have a slight arcade-racer dust sprinkled onto the game, but it still leaves me a tad disappointed. The 65 surfaces aren't diverse... the dirt feels kinda sticky for dirt, the road doesn't have any controller feel, etc. It really disconnects you. The engine noises aren't as good as FM4 either, but that's also "subject for improvement/change".

Overall: what I expected, but still a tad disappointed. Regardless it's a very fun game - had a great time with the demo - so I'm definitely going to buy it and have lots of fun. But the Forza refinement isn't as prevalent with Horizon. Your call.

Looks like a lot of the community is going to buy it though so there shouldn't be a "lack of players".
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012

Has anyone already bought the new Worms Revolution? I've been playing it for about two hours, and I have to say it's really great and much better than the Reloaded title. I love the new 2D style including a little depth (3D worms, destroyable background, "Boggy B weapon" etc.), the only thing I don't like so far are the new soundbanks, I hope they'll be customizable in the future.
    BUMP

I've been playing a lot of Planetside 2 and Antichamber lately.

Antichamber is literally the most confusing thing that I've ever done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013 edited

^Antichamber is on my to-do list, I've aleady watched a few gameplay videos (only the first minutes, though) - and I'm intrigued by the game mechanics.

My recent games - rather the only ones in the last few weeks - are Just Cause 2 (1024 km² huge map = 50 hours played, progress 60 %, lol), FTL: Faster Than Light and RCT3.
    However, I'm totally looking forward to Cities In Motion 2. If you are into simulations of public transport systems that should be a great game for you; at least the pictures they've already released look very cool. And most important: It won't have always-on DRM like SimCity which I'm definitely never going to buy. :P
    At first I thought I was going to buy SimCity anyway even with the DRM. But the more I read about the game as a whole, it's just a big catastrophic failure in multiple aspects. I can see why people are upset. (Especially when you can't refund - that's probably the icing on the cake right there.)
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013

I've been playing a lot of Civ V on steam lately. I also just picked up Bioshock and Dead Space for the 360. I'm looking to start playing some franchises that I missed that I've heard great things about. Still play Forza 4 occasionally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I've been playing a metric crap ton of War Thunder.

It's a WWII-era, free to play, online dogfighting game. I say dogfight rather than flight sim because the biggest sell for the game (other than that it's free) is that I can play it with a gamepad and not feel like I should be playing with a joystick. I still get rudder control and throttle control and independent pitch and roll, but I don't have to deal with things like torque rotation and spins and a 30 step startup procedure.

Oh, and at any given time there are literally thousands of people online, and the online matchmaking is awesome. 10 second wait and you're instantly in a 30 person dogfight in a beautiful environment.

You guys should play. My username on there isn't creative so if anyone's up for some aerial dogfight deathmatch action, look me up.

Cool video here, with lots of cool in-game shots. Did I mention it's free?

Extra tip: if you're just starting out, fly for anyone other than the US. The US entry-level plane(s) are garbage compared to the other available nations, which will make progressing through the ranks slow and frustrating.

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Haha I should look you up then! I've been playing Air Superiority on the latest Battlefield 3 expansion and its a lot of fun.

Speaking of BF3, I can safely say that it is one of my best purchases ever. Skyrim/Oblivion is close behind, but my $60+$50 money has been extremely well-used. I've been loving the game to death. Normally I don't spend so much on one game but its seriously worth it. I would completely buy again (to EA haters' dismay), and I hope BF4 delivers as well.

So long as BF4 has hardcore mode I'm happy. Ironically I can't stand BF3 in regular mode - it's so... "gamey". Hardcore's just more realistic, and lower health makes unreal tactics harder to pull of. As of now, hardcore BF3 is the most realistic console shooter for me. If ArmA was on Xbox I'd give it a whirl. But - it isn't.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013

I downloaded War Thunder a few weeks ago when one of my friends on World of Tanks recommended it but I have yet to play it. Too many games to focus on right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez

I'm currently playing Crysis 3 and I have to say that it really is one of the best games I've played in a while.
    As a fan of the series I have to say that the storyline and the presentation of the whole environment along with these gorgeous graphics is just pure awesomeness!

I think that Crysis 3 has the potential to be the best game of 2013?...but let's wait for Metro: Last Light
    I can't wait to play that game! The trailers are just amazing. I also have read the books and played Metro 2033 which were really good so I have some really high expectations on the continuation of the Metro series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I picked up Metro 2033 in a Steam sale a while back - still need to get around to playing it, I've heard good things.

•  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

i have to say that crysis 3 is one of the best games ever, too. the multiplayer is really good and it is different to other games. best game ever !
    and i also play world of tanks. very good game !
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: mrfeenyToo many games to focus on right now.
    This reminds me of someone ... atm I have 16 games on my wish list on Steam. Well, 15 - one of them is the official high resolution pack for Skyrim.
    And I still have to play through about a bazillion games without the ones mentioned above. -_-
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013 edited

My wallet thanks me for being someone who plays few games but those quite excessively. I'm reaching 3000 hours spent in Dota 1 and 2 combined soon. I spent 30€ for Wc3 at the time to play Dota 1 and as Dota 2 is free the cost/gaming hour (in which I measure the attractivity of a purchase) is ridiculously low.

Greetings, Lenny
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013

Posted By: gigacoasterfanAntichamber is literally the most confusing thing that I've ever done.
    Now that I've finished it, I could not agree more with you. Great game nevertheless, although I'm a little dizzy atm. ;)

I also played Waking Mars, available for PC and iPhone, that was a brilliant game. Admittedly, the graphics were not up to nowadays standards, but it's much more important that you can have a good time while playing a game - and I definitely had a good time. I really recommend you to try this out, currently it's only 5 € on Steam (don't know about the iPhone version, though).
    ^I'm buying Antichamber, it looks like the best pastime for my 5 day Easter break!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013

^The best pastime for my Spring Break is going to Santa Cruz! :P
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013

Well some friends and I went to PAX East this past weekend in Boston and it was AMAZING!! I have added at least 5 more games to my future play list including Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Dead Island: Riptide, Hawken, Assassin's Creed Black Flag and a few others. The booths were awesome, Nvidia's panel on the main stage was crazy, they gave away over $10,000 worth of prizes including 3 Titan Graphics cards and a $4000 computer system.

After one of the panels I got to meet and get the autographs of the composers to games such as Dead Space, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, CoD, Uncharted, Mass Effect and even the TV show Firefly. I also stopped by the RoosterTeeth booth and met Jack, Burnie, Gus, Miles, Barbra, Kerry and got them to sign a new pair of Tritton's I picked up there.

All in all it was a great weekend to geek out a bit and enjoy a cool town.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013

Did you see SkyDoesMinecraft?? O_O
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013 edited

No, I didn't see that, It was too late at night and me and my friends wanted to go hit up some Boston bars. Also Alcohol is expensive in Boston.

Did pick up a lot of free swag though. Got a free 3 month membership to I racing, In game Hawken credits, tons of shirts, and other little things.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

you should have seen Sky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013

Don't know if you heard about Game Dev Tycoon. Really a fun game! You have to raise your own game company. Although this may sound pretty simple, the game is utterly addicting. ;)

They even released a cracked version on their own on Pirate Bay, but with a little "twist" in the gameplay. Read more about that here. This article is really interesting ...
    • CommentAuthorMaverick
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013 edited

Based on what I own:

PC - RollerCoaster Tycoon and Age of Empires

Atari - Combat, Freeway, Warlords

Sega Genesis - Road Rash, Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
    Sega CD - Sonic CD, Pugsy, Dark Wizard (Don't actually own this one)

Nintendo 64 - Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Ocarina of Time

PlayStation 2 - Nightfire, NFS Most Wanted

Xbox360 - Perfect Dark XBLA, Portal (1 and 2), Fallout 3
    Feeny: I'll probably start a car club tomorrow or something. If anyone else is game feel free to join us!
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013

Alright, I work untill 5 or so but I'll hop on sometime after then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013

Portal, Halo CE, RCT 2 and 3, RRTC 3, Train Simulator 2006, Lionel Train Town, Rigs Of Rods and Minecraft.
    Still trying to unlock the Redbull X2010 prototype in GT5. Really difficult to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013 edited

Hey, I dont know if any of you play Rise of Flight, but I got a clip of my first kill and put it up on you-tube! Sorry about the beginning, its a bit laggy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFuyVB2F ... e=youtu.be

Edit: Is the video playing the full 4 minutes for you guys? Someone reported on the ROF fourms that it only played the first 1.5 minutes.
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanStill trying to unlock the Redbull X2010 prototype in GT5. Really difficult to do.

Haha lol that thing is a beast! Albeit quite unrealistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013

One last thing:

I fixed the lag and uploaded a new-er video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRHdA3igM0
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013

Recently, I've been playing Gunpoint and - please don't burn me - Peggle.

Is anyone else excited about Saints Row IV?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

I was obsessed with Peggle back when I got my iPod Nano 3rd gen. I beat the whole game and every challenge except for one...
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

Posted By: Ajax_Coasters
    Posted By: gigacoasterfanStill trying to unlock the Redbull X2010 prototype in GT5. Really difficult to do.

Haha lol that thing is a beast! Albeit quite unrealistic.

Like the rest of the game...