Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLouis!
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2012 edited

Not much to say apart from it's my first project in Newton2, I very rarely build NoLimits so it's probably only my third or so attempt at a coaster. I wanted to go down a slightly unusual route so it's a Gerstlauer Launched Invert.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Footers, flanges and LSM fins courtesy of L.Bosch
    Gerstlauer makes inverts? They don't, from what I know. Do you mean an Intamin Inverted coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLJELLIS12
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012

Posted By: sandboxes45Gerstlauer makes inverts? They don't, from what I know. Do you mean an Intamin Inverted coaster?

No they dont make inverts I thinks hes trying to make something new; an interpretation of what one would be like.

Its an interesting concept for sure. The supports looks pretty good. As far as the immelman I think the banking looks stylistially realistic.. but I would need to see more of this layout to really see if its something that can look believable
    Those cross beams and angled supports are way to thin, as well as the supports on the launch track. I like it so far, but make sure you stay within Gerstlauer style and not wander off into Intamin land if you are trying to represent a Gerstlauer concept. Also, that support to the left of the launch track looks like it might be a bit close, does it pass the tunnel test?
    The footers for the angled beams should not be angled at all. Make sure that all the footers are completely vertical, and if you need to, make a small support segment come vertical out of the footer and connect that to the angled beam. I also agree with Mr. Coaster about the angled supports being too thin. And what is the acceleration on that launch? It looks too short in order to realistically get enough speed to make it through the immelman. Sorry to hate, but, you know...
    Haven't seen you around here much Louis, glad to see you're still making stuff.

As for the ride I think that your footers should be vertical as the others said, and the launch seems too short. It also looks like your supports on the launch are too thin. Otherwise it looks good. ;)
    What characteristics will you be emphasizing to make a believable Gerstlauer invert?
    ^Track style. :P

I agree, it could really benefit from Gerstlauer shaping if you're up for it. If done well it'd get some seriously high originality points, and good technical score too.
    • CommentAuthorLouis!

Posted By: LJELLIS12

No they dont make inverts I thinks hes trying to make something new; an interpretation of what one would be like.

Its an interesting concept for sure. The supports looks pretty good. As far as the immelman I think the banking looks stylistially realistic.. but I would need to see more of this layout to really see if its something that can look believable

In terms of banking, it's not an acurate immelmann. I wanted to go for more of a cross between an immelmann and an overbank turn, kind of like the Jr.Immelmann on Black Mamba.

Posted By: Mr. CoasterThose cross beams and angled supports are way to thin, as well as the supports on the launch track. I like it so far, but make sure you stay within Gerstlauer style and not wander off into Intamin land if you are trying to represent a Gerstlauer concept. Also, that support to the left of the launch track looks like it might be a bit close, does it pass the tunnel test?

Yeah, I've already recieved comments on the thickness of the supports, I'll adjust them. I'll be honest, I haven't tunnel tested yet, I just wanted to get supports in the shot so it looked nicer in a screen for you guys :P

Posted By: CoolioJoe100The footers for the angled beams should not be angled at all. Make sure that all the footers are completely vertical, and if you need to, make a small support segment come vertical out of the footer and connect that to the angled beam. I also agree with Mr. Coaster about the angled supports being too thin. And what is the acceleration on that launch? It looks too short in order to realistically get enough speed to make it through the immelman. Sorry to hate, but, you know...

Ok, I thought that at first, but then angled them 'cause it looked interesting. I'll change them back. Acceleration on the launch is 55.9mph in 1.97 seconds (1.3g) which is highly similar to that of the acceleration on Anubis. The speed on the immelmann is perfect IMO.

Posted By: A.S.CoastersHaven't seen you around here much Louis, glad to see you're still making stuff.

Hey :) Glad someone knows of me :P Getting back into NL again, even if it takes up a lot of my valuable RCT time :P

Posted By: DC High HeatWhat characteristics will you be emphasizing to make a believable Gerstlauer invert?

Posted By: AJClarke0912^Track style. :P

I agree, it could really benefit from Gerstlauer shaping if you're up for it. If done well it'd get some seriously high originality points, and good technical score too.

Track style indeed :P well hopefully it will feel more Gerstlauer in terms of elements and layout. Intamin inverts, to me, seem very grid-like, one element into the next, look very over supported and offer 'standard' inversions. With my Gerstlauer concept I hope to use more Gerstlauer-like supports, and have more unique inversions and a more flowing layout.

But this is what I would call my first serious attempt at NL, so no doubt it will just look like another invert with Intamin track style to you guys :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I really like it! Original idea and -so far- well executed. =)

Posted By: Louis!Acceleration on the launch is 55.9mph in 1.97 seconds (1.3g) which is highly similar to that of the acceleration on Anubis.

Yeah! Remind me the very short launch on Anubis, very surprising! You really think you will not have enough time to accelerate, then wooooooosh! Oh well, yes. :D

But you'll have to put short trains on it.. What do you plan?
    • CommentAuthorLouis!

^Thats another way of how I intend to make it more Gerstlauer and less Intamin, with the trains. Obviously Gerstlauer love using 1 car trains, which in my eyes, looks odd on an invert, so I had originally intended to use 3 cars per train, but am looking at possibly only using 2 cars per train as this make 8 riders per train which is in keeping with Gerstlauer.

Anyone else have any suggestions for this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^I just was about to ask you about this, but at the same time you suggested the Intamin trains with 2 cars - so I'd go by this.
    This definitely seems to be a neat concept, I'm excited for the next elements. :)

And also welcome back? Honestly, I can't remember you, but nice to see you managed to get back into NL! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu

Welcome ! That looks really good, excepted what has already been said. ;)
    • CommentAuthorLouis!

I've gone about changing the support sizes and footer angles, I've just been working on a zero-g roll, but then I've just realised that it's not really a very Gerstlauer element :P

Back to the drawing board :P
    This concept is quite interesting. Can't wait to see what else you have for this coaster!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiMiT
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012

My thoughts: If you use 2-car B&M invert trains, you get the same attached-car effect as a Euro-fighter. The only obstacle would be that the track style wouldn't match up. Just a thought, but definitely consider it.
    Also for your zero-g problem, may I suggest an inline twist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

That was exactly what I thought. 2 car B&M would be perfect for the team, but it would mess up the track. If only you could mix and match them :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I think it's better to have the track style right than the trains, which wouldn't be Gerstlauer ones anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthors4mumu
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012 edited

Posted By: Louis!I've just been working on a zero-g roll

I think a cork could fit in nicely here, for the incline twist, I'd more see it at the end of the ride IMO.