Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorC-A_99
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013

It doesn't look like you handled the transparency correctly. Unfortunately, the TGA format is extremely finicky with transparency, so you'll have to figure out how your image editor handles it. If you're using MS Paint, don't expect to be able to make it work properly.

You may have better luck with the PNG format.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Just cut out the logo. Actually, if you wanna send me the files I could work it out for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Thanks for your help, but I'll just use the PNG file format for the cartexture. I'll figure something out!
    Solution: PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2013

Here's an update on the track/support work and the new cartexture! More coming soon...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I love the turquoise touch! But.. round supports? Why not, but they seem to be a tad big, make them smaller using the .env.
    Yeah the turquoise color looks great! But I too disagree with the choice of round supports.
    I like the little wire-like ones under the handrails. Everything else.....um..no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

I like the "wires" and the turquoise handrails. Round supports on a woodie though...?

•  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2013

Here's a fix on the supports. I hope it's better!

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Why even would you use tubes? Not to be rude, I'm just curious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

Posted By: JAKoolWhy even would you use tubes? Not to be rude, I'm just curious.

Well, I was just curious to see what it would look like. Also, I accidentally set the rotation of all the supports to 0, so it made the vertical columns skewed. I was just being lazy, and I didn't want to redo the supports at that time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Looks much better now - like a woodie. ;)
    Could you raise the handrails a bit? So that the bents don't poke through.
    Posted By: BirdNerdHere's an update on the track/support work and the new cartexture! [...]

Uploaded withImageShack.us

I'm wondering about that logo on the train...

...do you really mean to say that insufficient and deceased riders will immediately be recycled to Soylent Green ???
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013

Okay, to make this ride concept seem clearer to everybody, I'll explain it below.

Well, as part of my high school graduation, I am making this ride to show my school spirit. The school that I go to is Sparhawk, and the colors that I chose on the ride are the colors used in the school's logo. The school's logo is pictured on the front of the train, and the rest of the train colors are what the school's theme colors are. Last but not least, I am building this ride as if it were real, meaning that there IS a river behind my school, AND there will be tons of 3DS coming along the way...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2013

Cool! It made me even more interested in your project! Good luck wth it. =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

Here's a quick look at the custom station. I actually found a great method of making 3D structures with wooden catwalks. Well, just create one of the sides, such as the base or the wall, and extrude it in 3DS Max! It saves A TON of time, and it looks better anyway. More to come next week...

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

more gates than rows. :O
    And one of your beams is bigger than the rest.

EDIT: A lot of them are actually
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013 edited

No worries guys, I will fix these issues as soon as I can. The beams and gates are only temporary; the final product will be imported into 3DS Max and fully textured and optimized!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2013

Alright, it has been nearly a month since the last update on this project, so I might as well show you all a picture of the new station area! Don't worry - trees will be added, textures will be fixed, etc. If all goes well, I will possibly be able to finally upload this ride to the exchange tomorrow! Yeah, you heard that right!

•  
      CommentAuthorI305Evan
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

I really like this ride! Can you provide a link of all the files separated? (Newest OSX install, no packenger)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2013

It's nearly finished guys! Just need to add a lot more trees within the surroundings and I am done! Here's one last picture of the ride before I upload it tonight!

Please fix the texture on the fence, as it is now it looks pretty dire. Also in that pic the vertical beams are steel again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013

It's done folks!

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/sparhawk/6362
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013

Sorry for the small thread bump, but here's the finished trailer of the ride, including all of my teacher's voices put into the ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aep8BtrYWE4
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013 edited

Awww loved it! Wooohooo!

That was an awesome video for a really cool ride, great job dude. =)
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013

oO ...i did not expecting that! It was really fun to watch and to listening to the conversation. A unique presentation! Nicely done! =D
    Video not working :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2013

Posted By: Ajax_CoastersVideo not working :(

Oops, sorry! I actually re-rendered the video in 1080P, so here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZ7OZV-fuM
    Ah thank you!